Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 8479 times)

Madmaster

Re: Video Games
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 05:43:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc
do you react like this whenever you're not allowed to play? (i think the mother unsubbed to WoW and this kid freaked out HARD)

No, though I once played video games with someone who freaked out quite a bit when I destroyed him in MK4, back in the day. Long story short, where he came from, no one could touch him. When he moved in next door, he challenged me, and I pretty much whopped his ass in every way, shape and form. He'd throw the controller, yell at the TV, etc. The big one, though, was when I laid out a challenge of my own. He was after this strategy guide of mine, for some reason, and I decided to test my skills, so I tell him that he can have the guide, unless I get a Double Flawless with a Fatality. I allow him to choose any character of his choosing, while I take my worst character. He starts the shit talking right away, and low and behold, I do exactly what I predicted: Double Flawless and a Fatality to make it all worse. He rips his controller out of the console, and swings it(like a cattle rope) several times over until he at last slams it into the wall, shattering the controller and sending pieces flying all over. He stomps out of my house, returning thirty seconds later demanding his controller back that he'd left by accident the week before. I informed him that he had just smashed it.        *haha

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 03:24:14 AM »
Hell no. Though I will uraken the controller when a game is being extra bitchy.

i think punting the controller would be a lot easier than a spinning backfist

No, though I once played video games with someone who freaked out quite a bit when I destroyed him in MK4, back in the day. Long story short, where he came from, no one could touch him. When he moved in next door, he challenged me, and I pretty much whopped his ass in every way, shape and form. He'd throw the controller, yell at the TV, etc. The big one, though, was when I laid out a challenge of my own. He was after this strategy guide of mine, for some reason, and I decided to test my skills, so I tell him that he can have the guide, unless I get a Double Flawless with a Fatality. I allow him to choose any character of his choosing, while I take my worst character. He starts the shit talking right away, and low and behold, I do exactly what I predicted: Double Flawless and a Fatality to make it all worse. He rips his controller out of the console, and swings it(like a cattle rope) several times over until he at last slams it into the wall, shattering the controller and sending pieces flying all over. He stomps out of my house, returning thirty seconds later demanding his controller back that he'd left by accident the week before. I informed him that he had just smashed it.        *haha

what a painful way to get PWNED!!!

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 11:17:08 PM »
I recently started playing Goemon's Great Adventure for N64 on an emulator. Easily the best sidescroller on the N64, IMO. And I'm slowly but surely trying to get back into Fire Pro Returns. I actually live in Austraila and it was never released here, so I managed to get a copy of it during a trip in Canada (there is a PAL version, but it was only released in Italy and it's very hard to find online), and I use one of those boot disc & slide tool things to play it. I kinda wish I had one of those ActionReplay things that let you download save files and then you can transfer them to your memory cards, cause I would love to have a completely up to date roster of all of the puro feds, cause I don't have the time or the talent to do it all myself. *wail

Offline Makabe Sword Justice

• Sun? What's that?
  • (Sympathetic) Heel & Proud Of It
    • View Profile
    • Puroresu Representin'-Puroresu Info, News, Results & Videos
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 05:55:39 AM »
A month or so ago I decided to download a few myself, currently I have NEStopia (NES) and Fusion (Genesis) but the one I play most far and away is MAMEUI (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator with GUI). I have an older version, there's a much newer version but it seems to use too much resources and this versio works fine for me. I can't play all the games I like (need a more powerful PC and a lot of games still don't work and may never work) but I can play a lot of my old favorites and find a few good ones I missed, as well as having a couple good "guilty pleasure" titles for once in a while (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon). And being able to play Galaxy Force 2 is awesome as well, now if only I had that Super Deluxe cabinet...then again it's as big as my room.

Praying for Japan and all affected by the 3/11/11 earthquake and tsunami.
Puroresu Representin':Japanese Wrestling Info, News, Results & Videos:
http://representingpuroresu.wordpress.com

saipuro

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 07:19:55 AM »
Got an xbox 360 last year and I've been slowly picking up titles for it.  Been messing around with SVR 2011's universe mode (added in Tajiri and Bruiser Brody, and I'll put Manami Toyota and Aja Kong into the fray once I've transferred their entrance themes to the 360).  Concerning RPGs, I seem to love just about anything Bioware puts out, including Dragon Age and, most of all, Mass Effect 1 & 2.  Sandbox-wise, enjoyed Red Dead Redemption and I'm currently playing Mafia II on and off.

Offline Mizztrezz

• I Live Here
  • YouTube 女子プロレス LEGEND!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »
I got a PSP and a DS Lite and I've been on an import addiction for some time now, haha.  My favorite games are Project DIVA & Project DIVA 2nd (PSP) and Pinky Street Kira Kira Music Hour & Kira Kira Music Night (DS).  I really like these rhythm games, but the Pinky Street games are especially great, because they're the only rhythm games I know that has a level for ENKA music, and the characters are so cute and diverse, and funny at times.  The graphics and music are really good considering it's on a cartridge, I just find this great for long trips.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DoubleMiz
http://www.veoh.com/users/Ringmistress
Twitter: @Double_Miz
Always have been, always will be McMahon-free zones

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »
Been on a huge Tomb Raider fix lately, playing TR2 (my favourite in the series) on the PC and TR: Anniversary on PS2. Goddamn, those Time Trials on TRA are hell. *livid I'm still stuck on Lost Valley.

Offline 孤星

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
So this is what I've been doing with my time and I'm not even a little bit ashamed.

SWIFT made this.

RKade8583

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »
Oh look! A games thread! I shall contribute thusly: http://mdickie.com/downloads.htm

I'm addicted to Wrestling MPire Remix (career because I'm a fighter, dammit.) Sure it has hardly any moves and the overall feel of it is a bit odd and random but it's really fun... and I can imagine someone stabbing someone else with a screwdriver or doing a fat-guy moonsault off a ladder in the ring to some poor bastard on the glass-laden floor. Fuck you, Shane Alexis (they changed the names for copyright reasons but if you know, you'll know who's who.)

Cloudiee

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
These days I play mainly on the PC. Steam has such great deals for PC games that it's difficult to ignore them whenever a sale comes around.

Offline SGL35

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 12:22:38 PM »
Any of you have a PS3  ? Here  is my  PSN "cenahunderhook08"  maybe we will be able to   play Tekken Revolution or an other Multiplayer.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

for 1 dollar you can have this pack of games : Dead Space , Burnout Paradise , Crysis 2 , Mirror Edge,Dead Space 3, Medal Of Honor
for less than 5 you can have Battlefield 3 and Sims 3.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:39:32 PM by SGL35 »

Offline nyannyanexpress!

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2013, 12:42:36 AM »
There's probably an extremely slim chance that any of you are Vita owners, but if you are, you should absolutely give Tearaway a playthrough because it's wonderful.  It uses all the Vita's various features in creative ways, and they don't feel shoehorned in just for the sake of using them.  The only problem I have with the game is that there isn't more of it (it's like 10 hours, at best).

Offline VictorVlast

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 06:02:15 PM »
Sorry if I'm breaking any rule here, by bumping a topic and posting a link to another forum.

Anyone plays WWE 2K14 for PS3? Yes, I know it's not as good as a lot of other wrestling games, but I love creating Joshi wrestlers on it.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/topic/10187660/

Here's how to find my work on CC, you basically have to search for "Joshi" to find most of it.

About other games I play

WWF No Mercy: I loved this game so much, and I still do. There's a lot of stuff for it on emulators. I even came up with my own Re-texture called WarZone: WWF Attitude.

WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2: Both are pretty much the same in terms of graphics, but VPW2 has just a much better gameplay, I love it! It's my favourite wrestling game ever.

Tekken Revolution, 3, 5, Tag Tournament 1 & 2: They rule. I fell in love with tekken since Tekken 3 for my PS1, may it rest in peace.

Soul Edge, Calibur 3 and 5: Edge was the best. No, seriously, none of the later games could stand a chance against it. Especially 5, it sucks. I regret buying it... kinda, I still kinda like it, but It pissed me that my favourite guys were gone, and that there was one short-ass story mode.

Dead or Alive 1, 5 and 5 Ultimate: I have to be honest, I hated the first. I thought it was just ridiculous how women's breast bounced so much. 5 was very good, I really liked it, and the mechanics changed a lot since. Now 5 Ultimate... Man, now we're talking, they improved the combos a LOT, and it's very useful to a noob like me. Yeah, for someone who loves fighting games, I suck at complex combos.

Silent Hill 2, 3, Shattered Memories, Homecoming: I like them, yet I SUCK at them. I'm a coward in the first place, so I keep pausing and If I get too scared I flat out stop the game. Except for SM, that one was more intriguing that it was creepy. But I love the fact that these games make you feel exactly what you are meant to feel: You're somewhere you shouldn't be at. as for Homecoming, I liked it but I got stuck. And I hate having to read guides for games.

Alice Madness Returns: So fabulous 9.5/10 The only problem with it is that it lacked something, I don't know what, but there's something that it needs and I can't tell what it is. I loved the stages, the story, the characters, everything. Especially the gameplay, I reminded me somehow of Crash Bandicoot. I could pass that shit, so This was a piece of cake.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3, Team Racing, Bash, Tag Team Racing, Wrath of Cortex, all the DS and GB/A Titles: Well... I fucking love crash, but after the original trilogy+TR it started dying and dying.

GTA: 2, 3, Vice City, San Andreas, 5: Who doesn't love GTA? It rules, especially SA, with all the mods people have made and stuff. 5 was amazing to me, I still play from time to time.

Spiderman games in general. I own Shattered Dimensions for the PS3, and it was very good. Not that challenging, but quite nice. The ones for PS1 were so fucking amazing, I loved them!

Batman Arkham Asylum: I regret buying it. Seriously. I do. Why? because I HATE GETTING STUCK! and because it's too dark. I don't like darkness. Oh and the fact that I'm from Chile, so I got the spanish voices. Harley Quinn's is so annoying!

Beyond: Two Souls: Uh, yeah I liked it, but it wasn't exactly a game. It seemed more like a visual novel to me. The story is good, though.

Red Dead Redemption: My girlfriend bought it for me last week. And it's fucking awesome! I'm only starting the story and I'm amazed. And it's GOTY edition, so I still have to start Undead Nightmare. I love my girlfriend, guys.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F/2nd: I've only played the demo. Well, I don't like Hatsune Miku at all, her voice is very annoying to hear to me, BUT, this game is great. It's really challenging when you're starting, and it gets even more challenging later. Also, the songs are very good. Yet, I prefer to look for covers of them. I don't like the robotic voice.