Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 9179 times)

Offline M.H.C. ~ Ambassador to the Grand Bichy of Homewreckia

• View Profile
Video Games
« on: January 08, 2009, 12:36:02 PM »
I just thought of this from teh anime and music threads and so what games do you like or playing right now?

I get the ball rolling....

I like vs style fighting games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Tekken (which augments my liking of wrestling as a whole).

And I love FirePro too....

And.......I like select Final Fantasy games.....*you can start the dork chants*

I've been in a bitchkilling mode so I been playing Resident Evil 4 recently and just got around to babysitting that blonde airhead Ashley.

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
Re: Video Games
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »
Digging on Soul Calibur IV....can't seem to find a copy of Tekken for the 360 in my town, which makes me sad.

MIRROR'S EDGE is hella over like a clover from Dover....I hope they franchise it cos I got a slight crush on Faith  *blush

Haven't played a wrestling game since RAW is WAR for the N64....I still feel like that was the only game to have a decent engine underneath it.
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »
I play RPGs mainly though I always check out the latest SvR game when it out at least once. Rarely play fighting games though I do enjoy them.

Currently playing Persona 3 FES right now.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline rocky2010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:19:15 PM »
I play mostly RPGs, currently playing Rogue Galaxy and the Chrono Trigger remake for DS. I also have a few copies of SvR hanging around, currently playing SvR 09 so I can kick the shit out of The Miz whenever I get pissed off.

banner by shupercousin *approve

the Fabulous Five:shupercousin, BigMike, Mr. Kinniku Mike, ELPS, and Rocky. It's like the fabulous freebirds, only WAYYY less awesome and WAYYY more gay

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:56:16 PM »
Rouge Galaxy is an ok game though not one of the better PS2 RPGs I've played the last few years.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline rocky2010

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »
it feels like a watered down Star Ocean 3 to be completely honest.

also I forgot to mention that I play SCIV as well, as well as Gears (one and two) and started Mirror's Edge awhile ago.

banner by shupercousin *approve

the Fabulous Five:shupercousin, BigMike, Mr. Kinniku Mike, ELPS, and Rocky. It's like the fabulous freebirds, only WAYYY less awesome and WAYYY more gay

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 08:36:39 PM »
... and started Mirror's Edge awhile ago.

Wallrun kick to disarm from behind = PURE AWESOME!

And shit is Faith so awesome and shit, the way she makes the blues look like shit with her parkour shit and shit.

Other than being short, the gratuitous use of "shit" in the cut scenes is really my only bitching about the game
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »
I have every SvR game except '08...I like '06 better overall than the others...'09 is alright but that ultimate Control stuff just makes for such reality-defying moves that i know would never go down in a WWE ring. Melina doing a piledriver and Michelle with a crucifix bomb!? The more modern games keep adding things that either make it unnecessary or sometimes contradictory....

I frickin love SoulCalibur...I own every one except SoulEdge and IV but not for long.....Dead or Alive as well....not just for the girls of course *haha

I'm gonna try Mirror's Edge for the 360 (it's on there right?) after I'm done with RE4.

Digging on Soul Calibur IV....can't seem to find a copy of Tekken for the 360 in my town, which makes me sad.
Haven't played a wrestling game since RAW is WAR for the N64....I still feel like that was the only game to have a decent engine underneath it.

I've always though that Tekken was always PlayStation exclusive...

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:41:01 PM by M.H.C. »

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »
it feels like a watered down Star Ocean 3 to be completely honest.
A someone who was playing SO3 last month, I have to say you might be insulting Rogue Galaxy as its not nearly as agonizingly annoying. On the other hand it is a blander than SO3.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »

MIRROR'S EDGE is hella over like a clover from Dover....I hope they franchise it cos I got a slight crush on Faith  *blush

You're right but I really liked the fighting engine in Wrestlemania 2000 and WCW/NWO Revenge.
But yeah, RAW is WAR kicked so much ass. That was the first game with a CAW system and a semi-customizable venue feature I ever played.

I usually play wrestling games, vs. fighter games (on a Tekken BINGE, right now). ..can't wait for the awesomeness of Tekken 6. ..dude, did anyone see the totally BITCHIN' trailer for Atari Live?

I sometimes play MK but I've always hated Lu Kang. ..too weak a character to be a main character. ..so freakin' mediocre.

But yeah, I've been trying to procure a copy of Nightside. Love that game. It's like Shinobi except for retards like me.  *kori

So yeah, I'm gonna stick to old games (prolly never going to get to play Tekken 6 unless I have some evil sex) due to me certainly never being able to upgrade from my Ps2.  *gloom

I have every SvR game except '08...I like '06 better overall than the others...'09 is alright but that ultimate Control stuff just makes for such reality-defying moves that i know would never go down in a WWE ring. Melina doing a piledriver and Michelle with a crucifix bomb!? The more modern games keep adding things that either make it unnecessary or sometimes contradictory....

I frickin love SoulCalibur...I own every one except SoulEdge and IV but not for long.....Dead or Alive as well....not just for the girls of course *haha

I bought that damned SVR superstar pack and I still like 05 and 06 the most. 07 and 08 are just a bunch of horseshit with the style of the system and the shittyness of the caws.

I like Soul Caliber too, I'll play anything that involves Yoshimitsu and I'm starting to dig how it's almost a Tekken parallel with so many of the characters being dopplegangers but I haven't played the latest one.

Also: I'm a Sims2 freak! I just now found out about Adult-oriented Sims2 game mods *Oni* but the hacks ruined my game so I had to put it in debug mode because I don't have any expansion packs. I just hate to remove all that sinful goodness.  *tantrum
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:24:08 PM by Bandage Tadashi »

SWIFT made this.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 12:55:42 AM »
I hated Liu-Kang too, he has the simplest moveset in comparison to everyone else so even a noob could cheat by just bombarding with high and low fireballs and well-timed kicks, Kung Lao and Scorpion are by far some of the most badass characters in the realm of video games at least in the fighting genre. And Law and Paul from Tekken are so cheep I hate them more.

But yeah, I've been trying to procure a copy of Nightside. Love that game. It's like Shinobi except for retards like me.  *kori

Are you referring to Nightshade, the female Shinobi game?

So yeah, I'm gonna stick to old games (prolly never going to get to play Tekken 6 unless I have some evil sex) due to me certainly never being able to upgrade from my Ps2.  *gloom

Same here, I would rather buy the entire SHIMMER set at once than to upgrade to a console with functions I won't be able to use anytime soon. The 360 is enough. Or else, i'll just have to find methods of repercussion-free revenue without working *haha

I like Soul Caliber too, I'll play anything that involves Yoshimitsu and I'm starting to dig how it's almost a Tekken parallel with so many of the characters being dopplegangers but I haven't played the latest one.

I like SC because it's fairly simple to master even with the nitpicky stance-reliant characters. Learn to block, parry, and memorize key favorite techniques and it just snowballs. Pretty much the same for Tekken as well. Namco has been just excellent in keeping their fighting games alive and fresh for over a decade unlike the others.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:01:08 AM by M.H.C. »

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 04:50:39 AM »
lol yeah I totally meant Nightshade. I'm sleep deprived.

Repercussion-free revenue w/o working is hard to find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-neK2OztO8

Tekken 6 Atari Live Trailer.

SWIFT made this.

Offline His Majesty King Maxpower I

• Administrator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
    • No Brand Wrestling - Efed
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 08:04:24 AM »
My tastes vary...

Halo, Star Wars: Republic Commando, KOTOR, SDvR, Ninja Gaiden 2,

Guild Wars, Age of Conan

Viking, Spartan: Total Warrior, Rise of Argonauts, MirrorEdge

Offline UnstableProtagonist

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • http://demeteriusstevens.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 10:27:48 AM »
I myself am a retro gamer at heart, but I have a few modern favorites:

RPG: Fable, Pokemon

Fighting: Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Fatal Fury, Samurai (Spirits) Showdown, The King of Fighters, Tekken, Soul Caliber, etc.

Sports: NBA Street, NBA Jam, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, Arch Rivals

Action/Adventure: Contra, Mega Man II/III/X, Jet Set Radio Future, Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.

1st Person Shooter: Half-Life II, Unreal Tournament IV, Halo

BusterWolfXII

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 08:36:08 PM »
While I'm waiting for The King of Fighters XII to come out, I've been playing Super Mario: The Lost Levels(and am on the last level of the game, if you don't count World 9 and A-F). I've also been playing ALOT of NBA Hangtime with my friend. I'm also continuing my quest to figure how the fuck to play Fire Pro Wrestling.

Madmaster

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »
While I'm waiting for The King of Fighters XII to come out, I've been playing Super Mario: The Lost Levels(and am on the last level of the game, if you don't count World 9 and A-F). I've also been playing ALOT of NBA Hangtime with my friend. I'm also continuing my quest to figure how the fuck to play Fire Pro Wrestling.

Do you refer to the game's engine, or finding a copy of the game itself?

Anyway, I've been playing a ton of Fire Pro Returns, in preparations for the 2009 International Women's Cup. 32 possible participants, though all will have to qualify for the tournament, knocking the field down to sixteen. I'm also toying with the notion of an all original edits female federation.

BusterWolfXII

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 02:20:01 PM »

Do you refer to the game's engine, or finding a copy of the game itself?

The game's engine. I sort of get it, but not really. Especially the CPU Logic section of the CAW. No idea what I'm doing. None.

Madmaster

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »
Just so I can make sure things don't get too confusing, we're dealing with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, yes?

BusterWolfXII

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 04:08:04 PM »
 *gah
Just so I can make sure things don't get too confusing, we're dealing with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, yes?

Yup.

Madmaster

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »
Okay, here we go:

-Grappling is timing based. Button mashing will get you nowhere in this game but pinned on the mat in about five minutes. Start with your weak grapples(Square), and work your way up. You're not going to be able to throw the big bombs early, and if you try, you're going to be in a world of pain. Also keep in mind that the Circle grapples won't keep your opponent down for very long, but they will get up dazed, leaving them open for an aerial attack while they're standing, as well as a Corner to Center move. X grapples, and Square+X grapples will keep them down longer, especially the latter.

-Striking takes a lot of getting used to, as if the opponent isn't lined up just right, you'll miss. Take KENTA and do a few matches with him and focus on striking, as he's very easy to learn from.

-BREATHE!! I can't stress that enough. If you don't breathe after a few moves, you risk getting rolled up, and pinned very quickly.

-Onto the logic. Yes, this can look like rocket science. The three columns you'll see represent low damage, mid damage, and high damage/near defeat(going left to right). The percentages represent the likelyhood of your edit doing a certain move given the damage. Essentially, what you want to do is tweak the percentages so that your wrestler will go for the weak and medium grapples earlier in the match, and the strong grapples and finishers later in the match. So a Bodyslam you would want to have a decent number in the weak and medium damage, while a bit lower in the heavy damage. In certain cases, such as the Corner to Center move, if you want your wrestler to use it as a finisher, set it extremely high(I'd recommend 95%-100%), as the CTC situation doesn't come about that often. Otherwise, I'd say give finisher roughly 15%, to ensure that they aren't spammed and kicked out of needlessly(to give you an example, I originally had my HHH's Pedigree at 40%, and CM Punk's G2S at the same. The end result was Punk winning after kicking out of five Pedigrees, and dishing out six G2Ss). As you go through the logic, you'll find three Priority sets. What these are primarily designed to do is ensure that the wrestler pins after the finisher(provided it's not a pinning finisher already). You can have up to three moves in each set, though keep in mind that it's a bit limited, as you can't have a wrestler do a Piledriver, and link it into standing move, though you can have them picked up after the Piledriver, and then go into the move of your choice. A prime example is how I have Ozaki set up. Her first set is the Uraken followed by a pin. The second is the Ozakick followed by a pin, and the final is the Witchcraft followed into a pin. I have the pinning percentage a bit lower on the Uraken, as she does at times pick the opponent up for a second one. Another thing you won't want to ignore is the behavior options. There are four, and they dictate whether a wrestler wants to focus on winning or inflicting pain, if she wants to cooperate with the opponent and put on a good match or just go for the win at all costs, tag team cooperation, and wrestling a less risky match or a very risky one. These four categories are very integral to getting an edit behave as you'd like them to. You'll also find miscellaneous stuff, such as weapon usage, interference, how fast they respond to the ref's counts, and a few other things.

BusterWolfXII

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 07:05:16 PM »
Thanks. You were way more helpful than the FAQ I found.

Okay, here we go:

-Grappling is timing based. Button mashing will get you nowhere in this game but pinned on the mat in about five minutes. Start with your weak grapples(Square), and work your way up. You're not going to be able to throw the big bombs early, and if you try, you're going to be in a world of pain. Also keep in mind that the Circle grapples won't keep your opponent down for very long, but they will get up dazed, leaving them open for an aerial attack while they're standing, as well as a Corner to Center move. X grapples, and Square+X grapples will keep them down longer, especially the latter.

-Striking takes a lot of getting used to, as if the opponent isn't lined up just right, you'll miss. Take KENTA and do a few matches with him and focus on striking, as he's very easy to learn from.

-BREATHE!! I can't stress that enough. If you don't breathe after a few moves, you risk getting rolled up, and pinned very quickly.

-Onto the logic. Yes, this can look like rocket science. The three columns you'll see represent low damage, mid damage, and high damage/near defeat(going left to right). The percentages represent the likelyhood of your edit doing a certain move given the damage. Essentially, what you want to do is tweak the percentages so that your wrestler will go for the weak and medium grapples earlier in the match, and the strong grapples and finishers later in the match. So a Bodyslam you would want to have a decent number in the weak and medium damage, while a bit lower in the heavy damage. In certain cases, such as the Corner to Center move, if you want your wrestler to use it as a finisher, set it extremely high(I'd recommend 95%-100%), as the CTC situation doesn't come about that often. Otherwise, I'd say give finisher roughly 15%, to ensure that they aren't spammed and kicked out of needlessly(to give you an example, I originally had my HHH's Pedigree at 40%, and CM Punk's G2S at the same. The end result was Punk winning after kicking out of five Pedigrees, and dishing out six G2Ss). As you go through the logic, you'll find three Priority sets. What these are primarily designed to do is ensure that the wrestler pins after the finisher(provided it's not a pinning finisher already). You can have up to three moves in each set, though keep in mind that it's a bit limited, as you can't have a wrestler do a Piledriver, and link it into standing move, though you can have them picked up after the Piledriver, and then go into the move of your choice. A prime example is how I have Ozaki set up. Her first set is the Uraken followed by a pin. The second is the Ozakick followed by a pin, and the final is the Witchcraft followed into a pin. I have the pinning percentage a bit lower on the Uraken, as she does at times pick the opponent up for a second one. Another thing you won't want to ignore is the behavior options. There are four, and they dictate whether a wrestler wants to focus on winning or inflicting pain, if she wants to cooperate with the opponent and put on a good match or just go for the win at all costs, tag team cooperation, and wrestling a less risky match or a very risky one. These four categories are very integral to getting an edit behave as you'd like them to. You'll also find miscellaneous stuff, such as weapon usage, interference, how fast they respond to the ref's counts, and a few other things.

Madmaster

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 07:46:59 PM »
Not a problem, man, and keep in mind, you'll probably find yourself tweaking a wrestler for a long time to come.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »

I like KOF as well. Started by playing '99 and now I own all games from '94 to XI. I like that they brought my homegirl Mature back.

Let's see...I've been going old school with Tekken 2.

I'm hating SoulCalibur IV like sin and feel EXTREMELY dissapointed.
  1. They brought in Star Wars characters where PS3 gets the badass Darth Vader and 360 gets little-ass Yoda. (Of course I have the latter)
  2. They brought in Star Wars characters. SC is supposed to act like the 15th century, now it doesn't even feel like the past four Soul's.
  3. No f*cking Team Attack Mode. I went through the trouble of paying 50 dollars and worked meticulously on making the Inner Senshi Sailor Scouts and you're saying I can't even team my creations for the ultimate showdown with the Negaverse!? Seriously?
  4. Half the stages don't seem inspiring whatsoever imo.
  5. The music is lackluster imo.

I'm looking forward to Tekken 6 especially since it's gonna be on 360 *whee

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 04:17:42 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc
do you react like this whenever you're not allowed to play? (i think the mother unsubbed to WoW and this kid freaked out HARD)

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »
Hell no. Though I will uraken the controller when a game is being extra bitchy. More often than not FirePro because if you stop for awhile and come back...they WILL humble your ass!

And I will also not hesitate to curse out my television screen. Especially when on Resident Evil and I'm shooting at the Bella Sisters........
THESE Bella Sisters btw

And for SOME unexplained reason.............I'm playing Rumble (No-Selling) Roses.