Author Topic: Yoshiko Tamura  (Read 46793 times)

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Yoshiko Tamura
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2007, 07:51:17 PM »

フアップ

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2007, 08:15:16 PM »
LOL I highly doubt it Melissa remained submissive the whole match.
And the crowd popped for the little things she does like booting you in the face. Even the commentators noticed it

i just finished watching tamura vs kurihara on veoh
it's one of the best that i've seen so far

and from what tournament is that trophy that she's holding?

Offline ohtanisjacket

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2007, 07:36:13 AM »
I watched Tamura vs. Momoe from 2004, thanks to Ringmistress. Really good match, one of the best matches Momoe ever had. Tamura has a lot of pride in her work to put in such performances in the current Joshi scene.

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2007, 06:54:43 AM »
Oz...did you take that pic off of flickr?  If you did, then you're welcome!

It's one of my fav pics of her in any case....
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2007, 01:11:38 PM »
No. SportsNavy.jp

フアップ

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
what if it's tamura that TNA is referring to that would join them?

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2008, 01:01:42 PM »
I really dont think that Tamura would fit into that environment, although I always think she might have a slight appreciation of american wrestling as she is a little bit more gimmicky and full on than a lot of the other Joshi girls, with her Triple H water spit and ton of finishers.  I think it's more likely to be a heel manager for Kong, or somebody they are going to pretend is a Japanese associate of Kongs.  Hell, it's probably Sonny Ono :)
Having said that, if it was Tamura, by some small chance, then I would have to watch.
I may drop you on your head

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »
I dont think shell come to TNA. But I wont complain if she does show up :)

btw, I wasnt feeling Tamura's hair from the summer to present. Needs to grow it more. She looked REALLY good in her matches vs Hyuga (06) and Emi Sakura. Really good.

フアップ

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
knowing TNA used the "mystery partner" angle by using scott hall as decoy when the real mystery partner is booker t, what might happen is tamura is a decoy and (some other joshi superstar) would the real associate

but as i've said in the other thread, let's not buy into it yet
TNA is known for ripping off its audience

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2008, 07:56:37 PM »
Wouldn't be a rip-off. As much as some of us love her, no one knows who Yoshiko Tamura is in the Western Hemisphere... except the people who post here.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2008, 05:56:26 AM »
the last time i remember browsing some chickfight DVD's, tamura is included in the card
so maybe, even just a few westerners are already familiar with tamura

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2008, 01:15:25 PM »
Wouldn't be a rip-off. As much as some of us love her, no one knows who Yoshiko Tamura is in the Western Hemisphere... except the people who post here.

True, but it doesnt mean she automatically wouldnt be a success if she did some to TNA or an indy promotion. Shes only been to Chickfight, and she was one of the best performers that night. Just listen to the audience when she does her dirty work....they loved/hated her, but they definitely noticed her. My cousin went to that Chickfight, and everyone was talking about her, and people were like "OMFG, Japanese chicks. This is gonna be awesome!"

Shes also been in WCW, but thats a whole different thing.

フアップ

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 01:35:40 PM »
Tamura is also a big hit with the Gaijens. Vanessa Kraven loved working with her, and MsChif (forgot the interview) mentioned Tamura as a fantastic wrestler.

Tamura has definitley made herself known in APW and by popular indy girls like MsChif and Melissa. Girls got connection!

フアップ

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »
using awesome kong as an example, there were doubts on whether she would click with TNA since she is more of a wrestler than eye candy
but the risk was worth it since the Knockout division is stealing the spotlight now from the "main eventers"

if risks as good as this became beneficial for TNA, it would be a good thing for tamura to try her luck in TNA just in case

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2008, 01:58:18 PM »
I highly, really, truthfully, and especially doubt Tamura will go to TNA.

フアップ

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2008, 02:21:19 PM »
*slaps myself* sorry i forgot she is with NEO, an affiliate of NWA with whom TNA severed its ties
if tamura would still be NWA champ, it would be more unlikely for her to go to TNA

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
I highly, really, truthfully, and especially doubt Tamura will go to TNA.

100% agreed, Ozmont.

Wait. Someone said Tamura was in WCW? Never knew that.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2008, 09:04:18 PM »
*slaps myself* sorry i forgot she is with NEO, an affiliate of NWA with whom TNA severed its ties... if tamura would still be NWA champ, it would be more unlikely for her to go to TNA
That's irrelevant. There are/were plenty of people who held NWA titles or wrestled in NWA promotions even after TNA lost the NWA titles. Also, TNA worked and promoted a show in conjunction with NJPW, which still maintains some relation with the NWA... albeit in a convoluted way.

Back to Tamura, I see no benefit for her being in TNA... to fans, her or the promotion. Is she going to wrestle Talia Madison... or have her her face shoved in ODB's crotch? Or are they supposed to transform the entire division into serious women's wrestling with several joshi talents? Is there any justification for the expenses associated with that, considering they usually have clustery matches if the women are featured at all.

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2008, 09:12:26 PM »
The only thing Tamura lost when she lost the NWA title was her wicked theme. Other than that she still looks like a champion, still looks like she could take those titles back but obviously shes loves joshi enough to give them up to a vegetable for the good of the future (which proves her high tolerance), and is still one of the top joshis.

It wasnt Tamura that needed the titles. It was the titles that needed HER.

フアップ

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2008, 09:23:45 PM »
*slaps myself* sorry i forgot she is with NEO, an affiliate of NWA with whom TNA severed its ties... if tamura would still be NWA champ, it would be more unlikely for her to go to TNA
That's irrelevant. There are/were plenty of people who held NWA titles or wrestled in NWA promotions even after TNA lost the NWA titles. Also, TNA worked and promoted a show in conjunction with NJPW, which still maintains some relation with the NWA... albeit in a convoluted way.

Back to Tamura, I see no benefit for her being in TNA... to fans, her or the promotion. Is she going to wrestle Talia Madison... or have her her face shoved in ODB's crotch? Or are they supposed to transform the entire division into serious women's wrestling with several joshi talents? Is there any justification for the expenses associated with that, considering they usually have clustery matches if the women are featured at all.

Yeah, just because the NWA Pacific belt got dropped by Nicole Bass to NEO a long time ago doesn't mean that NEO has any real ties with the NWA.  Hell, Amazing Kong is the current NWA World Women's Championship and that doesn't stop her from being in TNA.  Of course, this is a fact you'll never hear from Tenay & West.
CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2008, 03:06:07 AM »

you have a point there since all this talk is merely speculation. as for TNA wanting to turn this into some serious women's division, i don't see that happening either with them letting Kong win the Knockouts' Title on free tv. and TNA is losing money now. sad to say, they don't have enough funds to spend tamura's arrival into American soil

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2008, 06:54:33 AM »
TNA is losing money now. sad to say, they don't have enough funds to spend tamura's arrival into American soil
Taking this conversation here.

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2008, 08:12:16 AM »
I wonder if Tamura will win the double titles back again at some point? Do you think she will be the one to beat Matsuo or will it be someone else?

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2008, 09:17:28 AM »
she is one of the people i could think of now that could possibly beat matsuo for the titles

Offline UnstableProtagonist

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • http://demeteriusstevens.blogspot.com/
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »
Possibly, indeed. I mean, Matsuo could only hold on to the title for so long before a more creditable contender enters the fray.