Author Topic: Miki Ishii: Full of surprises  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Prowrestler
    • View Profile
Miki Ishii: Full of surprises
« on: July 25, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
I don't know a lot about her, or what fed she works for, but every time I see her wrestle, she impresses me. She has some great submissions, and is like a spider monkey on the ropes. I'm also digging the camo pants and top.

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Miki Ishii: Full of surprises
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 01:15:57 AM »
I don't know much about her.
I can tell you that she worked for Ice Ribbon and that she retired last year. She was quite an old wrestler, having started very late, and I read somewhere (but I don't know if it's true or it was just a supposition that I was reading) that she might have been the mother of some little girl who had enrolled in Sakura Emi's program for kids in puroresu, and had started to train as well.
As I always like the spider monkey type of worker I too have always enjoyed Miki Ishii performances the few times I watched them....

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 02:48:32 PM »
She "graduated" from ice ribbon. She's done some work in NEO this year.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:23:17 AM »
Yeah she was in her mid-30's...sucks because I really liked her.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 11:55:39 AM »
from PUNQ's DVD review at Smarkschoice
6. Miki Ishii & Mai Ichii -vs- Emi Sakura & Aoi Kizuki - (Ishii's Retirement Match) [** 1/2]
--- Miki Ishii debuted at a very late age. Mid-30's and has only been around a little while wrestling mostly in Ice Ribbon and some appearences in the other small joshi companies. She wasn't the worst wrestler to come out in recent years, but at such a old age it was limited what she had to offer. She finishes her career with wrestlers of the same quality in Kizuki and Ichii. Decent energetic workers who's a tad bit clumsy. Of the big spots this match had to offer was a double running top rope plancha to the outside from the Ishii & Ichii. There was also a decent submission sequence just before the 20-min mark as Ishii and Sakura was trading offence. Soon after Ishii landed a good top rope senton. Sakura & Kizuki answered back with all types of top rope splash variations on her to weaken her down. Ishii's final moment of glory was doing her pattented top rope dropkick where she starts out on the second rope jumping up to the top before launching herself. And that got her the tribute win over mentor Sakura. And as a reward all the wrestlers on the show, and more, got to perform one move on her as a send off. Bell count, steamers and all the other ingrediences for a joshi retirement ceremony....
24:36 of 24:30 - Ishii pinned Sakura after a top rope dropkick

Offline Robaggio

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 10:08:38 PM »
Thank you for sharing your experience.