Author Topic: All Purpose WWE Divas Thread  (Read 125108 times)

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
Re: All Purpose WWE Divas Thread
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2008, 09:52:07 AM »
...thanks to Paul Heyman...
Or thanks to Shane Douglas.

Offline Supreme Rebel Leader MutaKushi1301

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel!
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »
Well.......maybe it was both Heyman and Douglas. And the other original ECW wrestlers who made it extreme as well(i.e. Raven,Tommy Dreamer,Sandman, Sabu, and RVD).

That woman's got some nice thick thighs(I recon)!!
Enter my Yearbook
Mutatron's Myspace page

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »
Alexis Laree once wrestled Mercedes Martinez? When did this happen?

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2008, 07:46:25 PM »
Alexis Laree once wrestled Mercedes Martinez? When did this happen?

Back in '02. I had that match, I'll have to see if I can find the site where I got it again. But it was an alright match. But was weird because Mercedes thought being the face meant you do a bunch of high flying which was weird, especially since she's bigger than mickie.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »
...I'll have to see if I can find the site where I got it again.
Pretty sure that was a ClickWrestle match.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »
until now i am still baffled at some people who label eve torres as "skeletor" when i don't think she is that slim or skinny

on the other hand, i like it that kelly kelly has improved compared to when she wrestled against layla el

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 02:50:31 PM »
until now i am still baffled at some people who label eve torres as "skeletor" when i don't think she is that slim or skinny

on the other hand, i like it that kelly kelly has improved compared to when she wrestled against layla el

They're talking about her skull. They say it looks like it's trying to escape or something.

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2008, 08:15:27 AM »
I figured I would start by bringing up Michelle v Nattie at last night's GAB.  I posted a video link and some comments last night on the youtube "catch" thread, so I won't repeat myself here. 

But what did the rest of you think?

It did what it was supposed to do - provide the audience with a washroom break.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »
It did what it was supposed to do - provide the audience with a washroom break.

quoted for truth
 *haha

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2008, 12:44:23 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsfIv7ZH9VY

imagine if the wife got my boyfriend caught with me and deny me upfront and say that i am stalking him

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2008, 07:04:59 PM »
until now i have mixed thoughts about adamle being the Raw GM
okay so eric bischoff one time teased in his blog his upcoming return to wrestling and i was like "not a rehash of the cena-bischoff feud with y2j going by bischoff's side"
it didn't happen (i'd rather have him as a writer or booker than recycle his gimmick)
regal returned but he's not GM since Raw obviously hasn't forgiven him yet (in kayfabe terms) but that's the point
he hasn't done anything yet and the crowd hated him immediately
shane mcmahon didn't become GM ... he's doing a great job at global distribution, i was told
vince shouldn't let his match exporter away from another precious job

so that leaves us with ... adamle?
he's not a heel but he is hated for being a goofball
(cena's facial expression is priceless after the announcement)
and on the first day of his job, his first words were "how are you doing, dave?"

he is so .... nice, i can't help but think that i'd be looking forward to a tupperware party
the only consolaton i get from this is the unpredictability of it all
other than being a botchamania magnet on the commentary table and being a former host of American Gladiators, we know nothing about him booking a wrestling match be it in kayfabe or for real

and it's a breath of different (not fresh) air
we're so used to watching Raw with pricks at the helm that seeing adamle at the helm will spell a whole lot of difference, i should say

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2008, 04:36:50 PM »
From the commentary section last week, there was plenty of discussion around the WWE going completely TV-PG. nwa88 said:

I'm not sure I really agree with the assertion that the WWE targeting children is such a mistake. The "Rock-n-Wrestling Connection" was all about the teenyboppers and capturing an audience that was younger then the typical fan at the time that had probably been watching what they knew as wrestling since the 1950s and 1960s. The WWF brought a whole new national audience at the time, which included older fans of course, but they were catering to the youngest generation right from the start -- I think Hulk Hogan had his cartoon within a year of his first title reign and the action figures were certainly ubiquitous early on. The most important WWF programming angle-development wise was on Saturday mornings just after cartoons in almost every market in the country.

There is nothing wrong with having characters, storylines, and promotions that target children, but to do it exclusively is the issue. Even during that time, you have the Randy Savages and Ricky Steamboats of world to satisfy the work-rate demographic and the serious side, the Big John Studs and Andres the Giants to satisfy the hoss demographic and spectacle side, etc. Remember that during the WWE's national expansion they played terribly in the south, mid-Atlantic, and mid-West for so long because those people had the more adult/sports oriented product for so many years. It took the WWE a long time to emulate SOME of that and gain a bit of that demographic. But considering 5-6 million less people watch wrestling today than in 1999, they still eventually lost them. Damn follows the same logic:

I don't know, I've given up hope on WWE. Turning their show into TV-PG for the kiddies is a big mistake. Half of there audience you see on RAW and SmackDown are young adults and teens. If they go to friendly version it would drive them away. The glorious days of the WWE are dead.

Your point about driving away the rest of the audience is well taken. By trying to make their product more "family" (i.e. kid) friendly, the WWE will eliminate much of their existing audience. Look at a movie like Shrek to see a product that appeals to many different generations and is layers in subtext. That is what the WWE (and TNA) should look to as an example of how to take a product across different demographics and get wider acceptance, not focused acceptance in a smaller target audience. Rorster makes a similar point:

In regards to the age issue, I've been a fan of WWE since I was 6, I'm now 21 - going on 22 (2 months time). I was a fan of the Hogans of the company when really young, then as I grew older I liked characters like Bret Hart & HBK (circa attitude) and later Austin/Rock (circa 1997) because those types of characters appealed to me (a then 11 year old). WWE doesn't need to drop the entire company to a more "family-friendly" level - it just needs more characters that would appeal to different age groups and better exposure for said characters (Look at the kids reaction to Cena - the little nippers loved him when he got the title)

True, and if John Cena, CM Punk, and Rey Mysterio are the for 6-11 demographic; Batista, the Big Show, and Jeff Hardy are for the 11-18 demographic; and Triple H, Edge, and Chris Jericho are for the 18-34 demographic then there are several wrestlers for different demographics at the same time. Of course, there is another option as themusicemperor points out:

Just make RAW the adult show, SmackDown the kids show, and ECW whatever they want it to be. If you have 3 shows targeted to different demographics it broadens your fanbase; plus differentiates your shows.

The Journal would whole-heartedly support this method as one of the larger issues with the brand extension is the lack of differentiation among the brands. At one point, RAW and SmackDown only shared 35% of their audience. Now, the share 75% of the same audience but have 30% lower ratings. Differentiation and having different audiences may actually increase ratings overall, if executed effectively.

source: 411mania.com

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2008, 05:15:35 AM »
new releases:

big daddy v
nunzio
domino
shannon moore
referee nick patrick

(another releasing spree perhaps?)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2008, 11:39:41 AM »

this poster reminds me of the music video "quit playing games with my heart" by the BSB
(seriously, this is a narcissistic poster)

Offline UnstableProtagonist

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • http://demeteriusstevens.blogspot.com/
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »
To me, it's more like the famous scene from Shawshank Redemption (minus the long sleeve shirt).

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2008, 12:50:02 AM »
I just watched Trish vs. Mickie from WrestleMania 22 again for the first time in a long while. It reminded me of how much I miss Mickie James as a psychopath. She was brilliant in that role.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:58:27 AM by Hooligan69 »

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2008, 01:03:24 AM »
the psychopath role is a relatively tough act to portray
with regards to the feud mickie had with trish, it's definitely one of the most mind-boggling feuds (with both divas even "switching identities")

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2008, 01:38:42 PM »
...thread jump in order to stay on topic...
...and if they can show big strides like McCool put them on RAW...
That plan sounds practical... and I've even said "separate the Divas and the women's wrestlers" too... but the part about them showing strides on a brand where there are no other competent women's wrestlers is problematic. People like Candice Michelle show improvement by working with Victoria and Jillian Hall frequently.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »
yeah and with the amount of time candice is out of the ring, she might develop ring rust before she would improve to the fullest potential
just clueless by now in how can her return be booked properly

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »
She's been training down at FCW as of late.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2008, 03:33:06 PM »
People like Candice Michelle show improvement by working with Victoria and Jillian Hall frequently.
Don't think anyone really improved just working with Hall. Kelly did start to look better after wrestling Victoria various times. And Candice improved by working with Anderson. Its really more the training they put in and possibly with who.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2008, 11:30:11 PM »
that's basically perhaps the role of victoria backstage to the extent that she became a Diva jobber for awhile
but she really did a good job as far as KK is concerned

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2008, 07:18:52 AM »
People like Candice Michelle show improvement by working with Victoria and Jillian Hall frequently.
Don't think anyone really improved just working with Hall. Kelly did start to look better after wrestling Victoria various times. And Candice improved by working with Anderson. Its really more the training they put in and possibly with who.
As bad as Ashley was, her most passable efforts were with Jillian Hall. Jillian is very underrated in her ability to make other lesser-talented workers look fair to decent. Her gimmicks have probably overshadowed her adeptness in the ring... understandably so.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2008, 07:35:26 AM »
When did Ashley look passable. There some who will likely always sucks despite the amount of training they try to put in or who they work with. Ashley was one of them.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2008, 09:08:07 AM »
When did Ashley look passable. There some who will likely always sucks despite the amount of training they try to put in or who they work with. Ashley was one of them.
I said her "most passable." Not to imply that it was passable, but that it was comparatively more passable than the other stuff she did, thanks to Jillian Hall.