Author Topic: GAMI: Beyond the Comedy  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Prowrestler
    • View Profile
GAMI: Beyond the Comedy
« on: June 30, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
I've been watching her Arsion work, and she was friggin' amazing. She' still good today, just with too much emphasis on comedy. But in Arison, everything she did seemed to come together. The comedy was kept to a minimum, and used mainly for personality. She had great drivers, amazing submission moves, and a great sense of psychology. One of her best opponents was Hyuga, giving two great matches in 2001. A lot of people hate her, but I love her.

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: GAMI: Beyond the Comedy
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:35:14 PM »
I have read so many times that her sense of humour is dreadful, but I have always found her comedy matches so funny ! The best thing is not rather what she does, but rather that sort of expressionless look she keeps while doing those humorous things....
As a wrestler I also thing she's great, since she works mainly with power moves but she can pull out a magnificent hurracanrana from the turnbuckle and has a great submission moveset.
I won't go to the point of saying that with her afro hairstyle she's pretty, but I find it becomes her...

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
Re: GAMI: Beyond the Comedy
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »
I have read so many times that her sense of humour is dreadful, but I have always found her comedy matches so funny ! The best thing is not rather what she does, but rather that sort of expressionless look she keeps while doing those humorous things....

the kind of hate some people have for her reminds me of the hate some people have for kevin nash (the bit where they're trying to infuse comedy into the matches and results come out flat)

the comedy formula failed with The Woman, i don't know why she preferred to keep the same formula with WAVE when results still fall flat