Some miscellaneous stuff from the weekend, from various sources. A lot of the info is incomplete.AAA "REINA DE REINAS" May 25, 2008
Palacio del Arte de Morelia (TV taping)
3. Reina de Reinas – Semifinals:
Ayako Hamada defeated (in order) La Diabolica, Cinthia Moreno, Carlos Amano, Estrellita
4. Reina de Reinas – Semifinals:
Mari Apache defeated (in order) Sonoko Kato, Sexy Star, Martha Villalobos, Chikayo Nagashima
5. Reina de Reinas – Semifinals:
Fabi Apache defeated (in order) Vicky Carranza, Dynamite Kansai, Mayumi Ozaki, AKINO
7. Reina de Reinas – Finals:
Fabi Apache defeated (in order) Ayako Hamada & Mari Apache
I don't have any further details about this. We did get the predicted Fabi/Mari/Ayako final. I'm not sure why AAA bothered flying in the OZ Academy, as I don't think they are working any more shows in Mexico.Atrocious Alliance May 25, 2008
2. Obacchi Iizuka defeated Ran-Maru (6:29)
with a Crotch Shot.
3. Noriyo Tateno & Takako Inoue defeated Mio Shirai & Io Shirai (19:16)
when Inoue used the Beauty Fist on Io.
4. Jumbo Hori defeated Arisa Nakajima (10:17)
5. Dump Matsumoto, Sasori, & Bambi defeated Yumiko Hotta, Shark Tsuchiya, & Toshie Uematsu (18:09)
when Sasori beat Uematsu.
So Obacchi picks up likely the final win of her career in her penultimate match, as her retirement match at the LLPW show next weekend is against Megumi Yabushita and I think the old lady and her daikon radish will go out tapping. Speaking of old ladies, why is Arisa jobbing to someone as old and washed-up as Jumbo Hori? I understand the whole "rookies job to veterans" thing, but really, someone who has barely worked in over 20 years shouldn't be beating arguably the best youngster in the business. Got to love Toshie's team
The biggest news was that Sasori then announced her intention to retire in April, 2009. Who will haul Dump's ass around then?
There were also a couple of joshi matches at the IWA Japan show later that day, also at Shinjuku FACE, that I've failed to find any results on. I bet Arisa got to bleed again. I saw those clips of the hardcore show on Youtube and she seemed to like getting slammed into barbed wire. Sicko.IWA Japan "15th ANNIVERSARY" May 25, 2008
4. Kamui & Ariya vs Hisamaru Tajima & Jaguar Yokota
5. Dump Matsumoto & Sasori vs Hiroyo Muto & Arisa Nakajima