Author Topic: Buying Joshi Puro DVD's  (Read 35295 times)

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
Re: Buying Joshi Puro DVD's
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
i just subscribed to citibank credit card (and i hope i wouldn't get any problems from them)
i hope it arrives just in time for me to shop online again

if you're the kind who is particular in what you're looking for (like when i inquired jeff lynch for LLPW's 15th anniversary show and the match between takako inoue and amazing kong and he has those), then jeff lynch is highly recommended

Offline Mizztrezz

• I Live Here
  • YouTube 女子プロレス LEGEND!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »
AJW Real Earnest. Since seeing Manami Toyota vs. Kyoko Inoue from May of 1995, I've been looking for all of their other high profile matches, and their 12/8/96 match is the only one I've failed to find online for DL.

He does have that show, from what I recall, he gets his stuff from Lynch (Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody), so it's usually good quality, and for 10 bucks, how the hell can you go wrong with OVER FOUR HOURS of joshi???  Usually, he'd put the longer shows on 2 DVDs, like Destiny was 5 hrs or so, so he threw it on 2 DVDs (you know, for quality), so just keep that in mind, cause it's still a bargain, haha.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DoubleMiz
http://www.veoh.com/users/Ringmistress
Twitter: @Double_Miz
Always have been, always will be McMahon-free zones

Madmaster

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »
Yeah, I got in contact with PUNQ, but since I don't have a CC or a Paypal account, I'm going to have to pass. Lynch has it, though, so it's all good.

Offline Nagashimark

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2008, 03:42:55 PM »
Don't order from purodvdsource (www.purodvds.com) anymore, unless you like to wait for your DVDs for the rest of your lives.  I placed an oder on Nov. 24th, 2007, and have reminded him a dozen of times, per e-Mail (which he NEVER responded to) and via AIM.  In late December he said (AIM), my DVDs should be shipped within a week, in late January he admitted, he hadn't taken care of my order yet, but will do so soon. Just google "purodvdvsource+problems" and you'll know what I'm talking about!

Yesterday, I've sent him an e-Mail and an IM via AIM that I want my order cancelled and a refund - no answer yet!!

Another major reason for cancelling the order are the difficulties I recently had with the customs office, they are extremely suspicious when someone gets a package full of DVD-Rs. They made me feel like a suspect, though I didn't do anything wrong or illegal.

Offline Mizztrezz

• I Live Here
  • YouTube 女子プロレス LEGEND!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »
Yeah, I got in contact with PUNQ, but since I don't have a CC or a Paypal account, I'm going to have to pass. Lynch has it, though, so it's all good.

It's all good, cause you'll have a good time, wherever you get the show from

Madmaster

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »
When the main event is Kyoko vs. Manami for the WWWA Heavyweight Title, it's impossible to not have fun. Hopefully my damn taxes show up soon so I can get it. In the mean time, I'll need to find some sort of a DVD ripping program. Can't wait to see the folks at the Tube piss themselves at the finish.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »
I'm gonna scrounge around for money and give lynch a money order. I wanna get kong vs kong, kong vs bison kimura, and toyota vs hokuto '90(I'm getting hokuto vs toyota '91 in the mail sometime this week.)

Offline Mizztrezz

• I Live Here
  • YouTube 女子プロレス LEGEND!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »
Can't wait to see the folks at the Tube piss themselves at the finish.

...and really, isn't THAT always the goal of us joshi posters?   *bwah

I use AutoGK to rip some of my matches, it's really straightforward, and I've suggested this to a few people, and so far, no complaints, so google that and see what happens.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »
Yeah. Magicdvd ripper is good for the trial, but you only get to rip a few dvds. All the matches I've ripped are with it, and as you can see, no damage to the video/sound quality whatsoever. However my trial has ended, so I'm going to try mizztrezz's tonight. Loads of good stuff, like a brand new quality/sound version of thunderqueens released either this year or last year.

Offline King of Joshi

• I Live Here
  • Dark Unicorn and Black Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2008, 07:36:14 PM »
AJW Real Earnest. Since seeing Manami Toyota vs. Kyoko Inoue from May of 1995, I've been looking for all of their other high profile matches, and their 12/8/96 match is the only one I've failed to find online for DL.

He does have that show, from what I recall, he gets his stuff from Lynch (Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody), so it's usually good quality, and for 10 bucks, how the hell can you go wrong with OVER FOUR HOURS of joshi???  Usually, he'd put the longer shows on 2 DVDs, like Destiny was 5 hrs or so, so he threw it on 2 DVDs (you know, for quality), so just keep that in mind, cause it's still a bargain, haha.

Anything over 2 hours should be on more than one DVD, especially wrestling. I'm just saying this so that more people realize this in case anyone has to rip to DVD themselves.

Warning: Comment may be deleted by walking chode.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2008, 07:38:09 PM »
wrestling emporium is somehow able to get 4 hours on a disc

Madmaster

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:21 PM »
Can't wait to see the folks at the Tube piss themselves at the finish.

...and really, isn't THAT always the goal of us joshi posters?   *bwah

Hell yes, whether it be over a great match or an unbelievable move. Plus, it always helps to have that wow factor, as more people are then compelled to check out more of what they just saw.

And I do agree that anything over two hours needs to be on two DVDs. From my experience, quality has usually been a bit better when DVDs are two hours worth of footage.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2008, 07:47:47 AM »
You can "cram" whatever amount of time you want to on a DVD. But what John Hyperion is alluding to is the fact that the video quality (even recorded from a digital original) will begin to horribly downgrade at or around two hours. If you're buying a DVD-R with 4 hours of video crammed on it, you might as well be watching the videos on YouTube because the bitrate will be comparable. And, as John mentioned, with wrestling there is a lot of motion and sudden video pans and cuts. That stuff will look even more worthless with that amount of video crammed into 4GB of space.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2008, 07:07:26 PM »
It works fine for me. Some of the best quality is some of the last matches.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2008, 11:12:57 AM »
You can "cram" whatever amount of time you want to on a DVD. But what John Hyperion is alluding to is the fact that the video quality (even recorded from a digital original) will begin to horribly downgrade at or around two hours. If you're buying a DVD-R with 4 hours of video crammed on it, you might as well be watching the videos on YouTube because the bitrate will be comparable. And, as John mentioned, with wrestling there is a lot of motion and sudden video pans and cuts. That stuff will look even more worthless with that amount of video crammed into 4GB of space.

i could not rely that much on the trial version of any video converter anymore but i don't know if i'd buy the real thing soon
but can the converter remedy these compressions?

Offline King of Joshi

• I Live Here
  • Dark Unicorn and Black Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2008, 08:49:45 AM »
i could not rely that much on the trial version of any video converter anymore but i don't know if i'd buy the real thing soon

Once you've crammed 4 hours of wrestling onto one DVD5 there's nothing you can do to fix it. It's screwed up for all of eternity and whenever you trade it you pass on the same crap.

1. Wrestling Emporium is a rip off.
2. Wrestling Emporium didn't put 4 hours of video on that disc, they probably just bought or traded for that crappy disc then sold it at a 500% markup.
3. You can put 6 hours on a disc, that doesn't mean it will look good. 2 hours is the limit for quality. Anything more and you're doing more harm to the prosperity of wrestling than good.

Warning: Comment may be deleted by walking chode.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2008, 12:12:57 PM »
Word. There is no magical "un-compression" button. Future generations of the recording can only be equal or worse. They cannot be improved.

thatdude21601

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2008, 11:40:09 AM »
I'm just about finished a 17 disc Chigusa Nagayo 80's set. I only put the 3/20/86 JB Angels, as there's a bunch of JB vs Crush already on the JBA comp. There is however six singles matches vs Devil Masami, seven vs Lioness Asuka, seven vs Dump,  and six vs Yukari Omori.  That, and a ton of singing, weird comedy, tags/multi-mans, and matches from Thailand, USA, Mexico, Canada, and Singapore.

Edit: It's going to be just about $50 (paypal). Shoot me a PM if you want the matchlist, have questions, etc.

Sorry the DVDVR word filter affected my brain when I made the menus.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:51:29 AM by thatdude21601 »

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »
awesomeness. Ever gonna make a Jaguar Yokota comp? *pwease

thatdude21601

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »
Goodhelmit on DVDVR/Cmax had talked about doing that one, his comps rule. So...I didn't want to step on his toes.  If he doesn't eventually though, I might.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2008, 06:47:26 PM »
Kk thanks. If you ever do decide on it, I'll be the first one in line to buy it. *approve

KaijuFan

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2008, 07:51:34 PM »
Do any Joshi dvd sites offer payment without paypal?

I'm stuck with using American Express, Visa, etc, Gift Cards and none will transfer to a paypal account. Anything like Smart Mark or RF Video that will accept stand alone credit cards?

Thanks in advance.

Still a bit to new to Joshi  *give

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »
i have yet to find a DVD vendor online that doesn't use paypal

anyway, PUNQ's reviews at the smarckschoice site can be a good reference before buying DVD's
confusing perhaps with regards to star ratings but just stick to the comments
(hehehehe ...)

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
thatdude does it, and so does Jlynch.

Offline Code Green

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2008, 01:04:21 AM »
Do any Joshi dvd sites offer payment without paypal?

I'm stuck with using American Express, Visa, etc, Gift Cards and none will transfer to a paypal account. Anything like Smart Mark or RF Video that will accept stand alone credit cards?

Thanks in advance.

Still a bit to new to Joshi  *give

IVP might take cards.  He has the logo on his site, anyway.  I have always used paypal with him, but you could email him through his site and ask.  His prices are great, and he ships quickly.  Highly recommended.  www.ivpvideos.com 

*approve