Author Topic: Crane Yuu:bad wrestler or undiscovered talent?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
Crane Yuu:bad wrestler or undiscovered talent?
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:43:32 AM »
I would like to know what you all think of Crane Yu (or is it Yuu?)

For what I know she started in the same period of Dump, Chigusa and Lioness and at first she was wrestling under her own name (Yukari Honjo, if I recall)and with no mask, switching to Masked Yu at about the same time as  Wild Kazuki became Tarantula (if I recall).
Anyway, Crane Yu was tall (almost Jumbo Hori size) and big, not pretty (she looked like a sequoia, no brest, no waist, all the same size), and she developed a Dump-like character, fitting quite well as her cronie ina  role that later Bull did perfectly. The problem with Crane Yu was that  apart from her menacing size she wasn't a great wrestler: I recall that she was quite limited, technically, and her personality was quite under the shadow of Dump Matsumoto. I think she was portraying the aloof bitch, but didn't do it with the same intensity as others like Yumi Ikeshita before her or Ozaki afterwards.
I recall disliking her matches a lot when I used to see her a long time ago, but probably now I've developed enough joshi culture (thanks to this forum, I must say) to be able to appreciate what she did.
At the end of her career she was involved in a story where Dump and Bull turned against her, causing soon after to have her retire and becoming a referee, I don't know for how long.
I wonder what she's doing nowadays !!

thatdude21601

Re: Crane Yuu:bad wrestler or undiscovered talent?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »
I've seen a lot of her matches, but I still don't have much of an opinion. She's just there..... like a sequoia I suppose? Some of the stuff from 83/early 84 (Masked Yu) seem pretty on, yet at other times she seems akward and not particulary aggressive for a big heel.

I would probably take her over Condor Saito, but she's no Bull Nakano.

Offline Mizztrezz

• I Live Here
  • YouTube 女子プロレス LEGEND!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Crane Yuu:bad wrestler or undiscovered talent?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 10:54:13 PM »
Haven't seen her wrestle much so I can't say, but she wasn't a bad referee though...
http://www.youtube.com/user/DoubleMiz
http://www.veoh.com/users/Ringmistress
Twitter: @Double_Miz
Always have been, always will be McMahon-free zones