Author Topic: Hiroyo Matsumoto: Live Happy!  (Read 66684 times)

Offline 孤星

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Good friends.
    • View Profile
Re: Hiroyo Matsumoto: Live Happy!
« Reply #400 on: July 03, 2013, 11:30:17 PM »

SWIFT made this.

Offline Suben

• Teenage Wildlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 03, 2013, 11:55:15 PM »
So... what's going on there? Google translate version is all I've got to go on and naturally it's incomrehensible.

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 04, 2013, 02:39:38 AM »
She's doing that yukata festival lottery thing NJPW does every year. Ayumi did it a couple of years ago.

Wish she got to do a match instead.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 04, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »
Meh, the best the best women can get is prancing around being pretty in mens' wrestling. It's most likely an S-Ovation thing. Like Ayumi used to get photo ops and events with Shinskay and Tanahashi so I guess Hiroyo is taking her place.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 26, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »
So Hiroyo's twitter @hiroyomatsumoto is full of photos since she's been in the US for about a week, first in Chicago for SHIMMER last weekend and then Tampa/Ybor City for SHINE last night.  It looks like she's been hanging with Kellie Skater & Tomoka Nakagawa a lot and a trip to Disney was part of the week.  I'll just post one photo: the genius is that Lady Destroyer is wearing her GEAR at some convenience store and I'm imagining some random person who knows nothing of her walking in and seeing this!

I hope her English is good enough to read the sign on the bottom of that cooler!  Be careful, Lady Destroyer, or all your merch sales will go to the owner of this store!
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline Suben

• Teenage Wildlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 07, 2014, 05:41:13 PM »
http://squaredcirclesirens.com/hiroyo-matsumoto-and-bonnie-gillepsie-get-a-tryout/

Looks like Hiroyo got a WWE tryout. That's pretty awesome, I never really figured WWE would ever bother looking at any joshi again.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 08, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
I find it interesting that she is showing up at an Australian tryout. Any reason they couldn't have done that when they were in Japan just last month. Anyways that is pretty cool. Would be interesting if she actually did get picked up though I doubt it will happen. It does makes me feel a bit sorry for Makoto.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Suben

• Teenage Wildlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 08, 2014, 11:10:21 AM »
Well I don't think anyone ever expected guys like KENTA or Steen (and maybe Devitt to an extent) to get looks either but here we are. The Network's also starting in Japan in a few months so having a popular, marketable and still young wrestler like Hiroyo would be good to help push it. That and the Divas stuff HAS gotten better and started being treated with at least a little more seriousness.

If she gets picked up (and WWE would honestly be stupid not to) and does well hopefully that opens the door for them to start looking more at Japan.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 08, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »
KENTA was a bit of a surprise especially since he clearly thought it wasn't going to happen going off of his comments when he returned from the training camp. Steen and Devitt weren't surprises. Steen was one of the last decent sized indy names they hadn't at least given a tryout so it was only a matter of time while Devitt made a good name for himself in Japan with WWE still being one of his goals from what I recall. People knew Devitt could get picked up, they just convinced themselves it wasn't going to happen due to how successful he was in NJPW.

Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Suben

• Teenage Wildlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 08, 2014, 03:42:34 PM »
I'm not talking as much about the recent history. Even a few years ago a guy like Steen probably never would've gotten a look because of his physique, a guy like Devitt most likely would've been seen as too small and they already had enough small guys with Bourne and Bryan and Rey. Ever since the change to NXT though and especially with the launch of the network it seems like they've relaxed the whole "only tall muscle guys get hired with the occasional well known indy guy". WWE's always going to be image-centric to an extent but I mean that in recent history it looks like they've realized that talent is talent and especially when guys like Punk or Bryan have been successful that fans are starting to care more about ability than looks.

Women's stuff is going to be a harder obstacle to overcome in that matter but it seems that even with the Divas they're realizing the same deal of "if someone's good and presented well people will dig them" with them as well; I'm still surprised Hiroyo got a look though and like I said my hope is (if she gets hired) that she does well enough to realize that joshi are viable and with the wealth of talent in Japan, even with joshi about as weak as it's ever been, it's a good place to look at for talent.

Someone like Yoshiko, for example, would do really well in the WWE I think and if Hiroyo works out maybe she'd get a chance she might not have gotten before.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 08, 2014, 03:58:09 PM »
The types they hire has been relaxed for several years now, even before NXT. Its just a matter of them actually making it to the main roster or getting pushed when they do.

I have trouble seeing Yoshiko do well in WWE despite her charisma.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:18:58 PM by Eivion »
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 10, 2014, 01:34:55 AM »
Out of all the women in Japan right now, I wouldn't have expected Hiroyo to get a tryout with WWE. I thought girls like Kana or Io would fit WWE's aesthetic more.

Good luck to her, I hope it leads somewhere. NXT has some nice talent and I think she would fit in quite well there.