Author Topic: SENDAI  (Read 198193 times)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
Re: SENDAI
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2007, 08:10:24 AM »
DAN, the girls looked more like a unit with those sendai uniforms
there should be some sort of individuality

dont worry i could tell them apart
i could even distinguish chisako from sachiko

Part of the Sendai Girls' gimmick is that they are a "unit" or a "team".  They are presented almost like they are a sports franchise in Sendai-so going to watch the Sendai Girls take on OZ or JWP or Ibuki is supposed to sort of like going to see the local baseball or soccer team play.  They even put uniform numbers on their outfits this year. 

Whether one likes this gimmick or not, of course, is a matter of personal taste.  I suppose at some point when the first girl turns heel and turns her back on Satomura, the first thing she'll do is get rid of her red uniform and make fun of it.
CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2007, 10:25:02 AM »
Mmmm, new webpage.  Sweeet.

Woah!

Hiren looks like she's getting some guns on her
DAMN!!!

Seriously where the hell did those come from? She was the leanest one of them before.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2007, 12:45:22 PM »
nice point there, josh
although there are times that only meiko wins then the rest of the girls lose like that show (sendai vs ibuki)

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
Seriously where the hell did those come from? She was the leanest one of them before.
Chanko-nabe and dessert binges? I'm sure the workout is no joke.

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2007, 10:50:13 PM »
I think the main reason why I have a hard time telling who's who is that I don't watch Sendai.  I know I should and all, but what little I've seen from the past of Sendai (and I do know full well that's it's no longer like this) always came across to me as Meiko pulling a Chiggy surrounded by green girls that she wouldn't allow to work anywhere else.  My impression then was that Sendai was nothing more than Meiko's personal jobber corps.

I know now that my impressions were wrong and that it was more Meiko not wanting her girls to work outside of Sendai until they were ready to produce quality work.  I just haven't made the time to watch any Sendai to get to know the girls...I'm sure that once I do, I'll have my own quirky personal favorites and junk, but until I do actually make the time to watch, sadly, they'll still be kind of all run together in my head. *give
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2007, 11:17:50 PM »
You have to remember SENDAI was supposed have several other non-rookie wrestlers, but they all pulled out before it began aside from Meiko.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2007, 11:43:08 PM »
the sendai girls are actually good
it's just that there are times that they look like satomura clones since they are also known for being hard hitting fighters

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2007, 01:23:11 AM »
You have to remember SENDAI was supposed have several other non-rookie wrestlers, but they all pulled out before it began aside from Meiko.

I didn't know that !! Do you remember a few names? Perhaps they decided they didn't want to go and live in Sendai...

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »
I think the main reason why I have a hard time telling who's who is that I don't watch Sendai.  I know I should and all, but what little I've seen from the past of Sendai (and I do know full well that's it's no longer like this) always came across to me as Meiko pulling a Chiggy surrounded by green girls that she wouldn't allow to work anywhere else.  My impression then was that Sendai was nothing more than Meiko's personal jobber corps.

I know now that my impressions were wrong and that it was more Meiko not wanting her girls to work outside of Sendai until they were ready to produce quality work.  I just haven't made the time to watch any Sendai to get to know the girls...I'm sure that once I do, I'll have my own quirky personal favorites and junk, but until I do actually make the time to watch, sadly, they'll still be kind of all run together in my head. *give

I can understand that for sure.  The thing with me was that I'm a big time fan of Meiko and as soon as I decided to look online for stuff and found out about Sendai that was logically the first port of call for me and modern Joshi.  But ya know, I think now is probably the best time to start watching Sendai, because the first four girls, at least, have all had their initial rookie year, and now they'll be allowed to be more inidividual and not just be those four mini-meiko girls in the red jumpsuits.     
I may drop you on your head

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2007, 06:01:47 PM »
that i think is my only problem with sendai
the uniform removes their sense of individuality and makes them meiko clones (or mini meiko as DAN said)
imagine if the same thing was done for IBUKI or OZ
 *crazy

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2007, 05:43:12 AM »

I didn't know that !! Do you remember a few names? Perhaps they decided they didn't want to go and live in Sendai...
Its a been a while so no. I'm sure someone here does. I believe one of them retired and your right on the others just not wanting to move to Sendai.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2007, 10:24:32 AM »
what is so special about sendai that meiko wanted them to stay there?

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2007, 10:30:47 AM »
I think that Meiko is from the area, I'm pretty sure that somebody said that and its a good place for them to get attendance with her being the only established girl there and the hometown hero.  I would imagine its because they've got the market cornered there as well as I don't think there is any other promotion running in Sendai.  Is there?

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2007, 11:27:13 AM »
The deal with Sendai Girls is that their financial backing comes from Michinoku Pro.  M-Pro was started back in the 1990s as a regional promotion serving mostly the "Michinoku" or "Tohoku" region of Japan, which consists of the northeastern part of the main island of Honshu.  They are quite devoted to the concept of serving their region.  In fact, Great Sasuke ended up becoming some sort of government official for Iwate Prefecture (that's north of Miyagi Prefecture, where the city of Sendai is).  Now, Jinsei Shinzaki serves as the president of M-Pro and Sendai Girls.

As mentioned before, Meiko Satomura is almost a local.  She's from Niigata and that city is a lot closer to Sendai than it is to Tokyo.  I guess the combination of being nearer home, wrestling a lighter schedule, and the challenge of starting her own promotion from scratch was enough for her to pack up, leave Tokyo, and go to Sendai.  I read somewhere that she didn't want to freelance and was considering leaving joshi after it was announced that GAEA was going out of business.

I don't know who else (if anyone) was approached to work for Sendai Girls, but I would guess being away from Tokyo and more isolated from the joshi scene was not attractive to most. 
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »
i hope staying in sendai wouldnt stunt this promotions growth
while the girls are sadly known as a jobber corps, that doesnt mean that they didnt deliver great matches
it just sucks that i haven't seen them win unless sendai girls go against each other in shows

while making a valuable contribution to the community is a noble concept, we cant deny that in joshi or in puro, all roads lead to tokyo
there is a large opportunity for growth there
the girls didnt have to go freelance but they could manage to get booked at other promotions as well dont they?

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2007, 08:26:48 PM »
They've started to branch out more into other promotions. The girls are now visiting IBUKI and the Jr. All Stars etc.

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2007, 09:22:51 PM »
It was the Okuda/Kong match in Oz that made me realize that it was more about Meiko not wanting any of the girls to work outside of Sendai until they could produce quality...after watching that match, I can actually believe now that the Sendai girls are capable of winning against just about anyone at any time (you know, within limits...like I don't think Miren could beat Uematsu, but Ohki, oh yes indeed)

And I'm warming up more to the idea of working the promotion v promotion fueding that's recently started up...like the possibilty of NAO vs. DASH with the upcoming SENDAI v. IBUKI fued interests me greatly
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2007, 06:00:15 AM »
I read somewhere (and wish I could find it again) that the whole "keeping the girls in Sendai for a year" against known veterans before letting them venture out into other promotions and against younger workers was actually a strategic decision made by Jinsei Shinzaki and Meiko Satomura before they even debuted. 
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2007, 07:21:29 AM »
i think that would be a good idea. the girls had to work hard and train long enough to prove to the world that they are not just meiko's clones

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2007, 07:22:27 AM »
The last Sendai Girls show of the year is at Zepp Sendai on December 29th.  The theme is "Senjo vs Ibuki" and I guess the idea is that it is a clash of Satomura's students versus Yoshida's students.  Specific matches haven't been announced yet, but here's the graphic from the Sendai homepage.

[imgzoom]http://www.sendaigirls.jp/cgi-bin/images/top/next_20071228/image.jpg[/imgzoom]

So it looks like the 6 Senjo girls (from left to right, Tyrannosaurus Okuda, DASH Chisako, Hiren, Sendai Sachiko, Ryo Mizunami, Mari Harada) versus (again from left to right) Atsuko Emoto, Cherry, Kyoko Kimura, Tomoka Nakagawa, Hiroyo Matsumoto, and Misaki Ohata.

If this means Yoshida isn't wrestling, that's disappointing for obvious reasons.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2007, 07:29:17 AM »
Oh boy, Hiren and Okuda are in for some ass kickings.  Awww...and cute versus cute in the new girls match.  I bet the Miz goes over there and maybe Sendai over Tomoka, otherwise lots of sendai shoulders to the mat.
I could really kill Azumi now.  That so would have been a Meiko Yoshida main event.  *gah

(of course, the whole current direction might have been different, but you know what i mean)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2007, 07:58:18 AM »
Oh boy, Hiren and Okuda are in for some ass kickings.  Awww...and cute versus cute in the new girls match.  I bet the Miz goes over there and maybe Sendai over Tomoka, otherwise lots of sendai shoulders to the mat.
I could really kill Azumi now.  That so would have been a Meiko Yoshida main event.  *gah

(of course, the whole current direction might have been different, but you know what i mean)

According to Mizunami's blog, she's matched up against Kimura.  So the order of the photos doesn't necessarily indicate the matches, which is dumb.  *livid

I'm hoping for some Senjo involvement at Ibuki's show on 12/24, as well.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 08:00:29 AM by Josh I. »
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2007, 04:24:08 PM »
here's one thing for sure
whoever goes up against either kimura or emoto for get major pwnage

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »
The last Sendai Girls show of the year is at Zepp Sendai on December 29th.  The theme is "Senjo vs Ibuki" and I guess the idea is that it is a clash of Satomura's students versus Yoshida's students.  Specific matches haven't been announced yet, but here's the graphic from the Sendai homepage.

[imgzoom]http://www.sendaigirls.jp/cgi-bin/images/top/next_20071228/image.jpg[/imgzoom]

So it looks like the 6 Senjo girls (from left to right, Tyrannosaurus Okuda, DASH Chisako, Hiren, Sendai Sachiko, Ryo Mizunami, Mari Harada) versus (again from left to right) Atsuko Emoto, Cherry, Kyoko Kimura, Tomoka Nakagawa, Hiroyo Matsumoto, and Misaki Ohata.

If this means Yoshida isn't wrestling, that's disappointing for obvious reasons.

According to this blogger http://blog.livedoor.jp/hide03191/, this is the card for the show.

SENDAI GIRLS' Pro Wrestling "LIVE VOL. 15" December 29, 2007
Zepp Sendai

1. Mari Harada vs Atsuko Emoto
2. Hiren vs Cherry
3. Ryo Mizunami vs Kyoko Kimura
4. DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko vs Tomoka Nakagawa & Misaki Ohata
5. Tyrannosaurus Okuda vs Hiroyo Matsumoto

Apparently Ohata grew up in Sendai as well and is the same age as Sachiko.  It didn't say if Okuda vs Matsumoto would be a junior titles match or not.  There's actually a real possibility that Senjo might win 3 matches.  Emoto & Kimura were going to beat anyone, so they sacrificed the new girl against Emoto (she'd lose to anyone at this point) and Mizunami vs Kyoko could be a really nice match, as Miz is more than strong enough to stand up to Kimura. 

I still want Yoshida in a match.  Bring in someone and give us a special "legends" match.

Also, a lot of photos of the new girl Mari Harada (#7) and the Okuda/Nakajima match at that blog.  Here are a few:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:24:51 AM by Josh I. »
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula