Author Topic: SENDAI  (Read 251907 times)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
Re: SENDAI
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2008, 09:41:24 AM »
Heck, Miz looks like a monster in Sendai Girls and she would have been short if she had been a rookie in AJW back in the 80s/early 90s.
She looks small to me, around the size of everyone else in SENDAI.

Anyways it sounds like SENDAI is choosing to be the replacement for JD's Princess league which I don't mind I suppose. Will be interesting to see who the participants are.

By "monster" I mean that she's an inch or so taller than Meiko :)

I didn't even think about this possibly replacing the JD Princess league.  Maybe they'll put the POP title on the line in the tournament and use this as the way to split the JWP Junior and POP titles.  Or maybe not.

As far as the JWP Junior title, I'm expecting that Okuda will defend it against another SENDAI wrestler, probably Miz, and then drop it back to Nakajima at JWP's April Korakuen Hall show. 

Participants: Well, I figure the 6 Sendai girls for sure, probably the 3 JWP juniors (Arisa, Ohki, Niizeki), a few people from S-Ovation/Ibuki like Hiroyo Matsumoto and Misaki Ohata (who is from Sendai).  I don't know if Cherry or Tomoka Nakagawa are eligible with the 3 year rule.  I could see Hanako Kobayashi and maybe someone else from Ito Dojo.  I have no idea who else.  Sendai and NEO have never run anything together before, but maybe you could get Aya Yuki and Nagisa Nozaki.  Aoi would be the only Ice Ribbon person that has a chance, as I don't think Sendai would use Makoto or the little girls.  Maybe LLPW can send Francoise so Hiren can finally make someone tap out  *haha

CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2008, 06:34:55 AM »
whenever i watch SENDAI, i often notice the constant use of suplexes and how good are they in executing it
is it just me or one of the first things noticeable about the girls would be the suplexes?

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2008, 01:16:37 PM »
Here are today's results from the house show in Kesennuma (a small city north of Sendai).  The same crew will wrestle tomorrow afternoon at Zepp Sendai, with the main event being the Carlos Amano vs Ryo Mizunami match for Carlos's OZ title.

SENDAI GIRLS VOL. 17 February 23, 2008
Kesennuma-shi General Welfare Center
390 Fans

1. Chikayo Nagashima defeated Sendai Sachiko (11:42) with a Back Arm Throw.
2. Mayumi Ozaki defeated Hiren (12:41) with a Backfist.
3. Carlos Amano defeated DASH Chisako (12:38) with a German Suplex Hold.
4. Dynamite Kansai defeated Ryo Mizunami (5:57) with a Diving Foot Stomp.
5. Aja Kong defeated Tyrannosaurus Okuda (8:47) with a Vertical Brainbuster.

I'm not sure why Sendai's newest, Mari Harada, didn't compete.  She was on the banner on the homepage that they created to hype Senjo vs OZ.  She hasn't posted to her blog on the Sendai homepage in over a month, so it's possible she might have quit.  She could be hurt or there could be another reason.  I don't know the story.  The results are pretty humdrum, with another OZ wipeout of the youngsters. 
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »
Here are today's Sendai results.  I gathered several bits of news from various bloggers that I'll talk about below.

SENDAI GIRLS VOL. 18 February 24, 2008
Zepp Sendai
700 Fans

1. Mayumi Ozaki defeated Sendai Sachiko (7:58) with the Tequila Sunrise.
2. Chikayo Nagashima defeated Hiren (11:24) with the Fisherman's Buster.
3. Dynamite Kansai defeated DASH Chisako (7:52) with the Splash Mountain.
4. Aja Kong defeated Tyrannosaurus Okuda (10:06) with the Vertical Brainbuster.
5. Oz Academy Openweight Title: Carlos Amano (c) defeated Ryo Mizunami (14:34) with a Cross Armbreaker.  Amano is successful in her 1st defense.

Various news:
-Jinsei Shinzaki appeared before the show to announce that due to illness (no details given), Mari Harada has been forced to give up pro-wrestling.  Harada then briefly appeared and thanked the crowd for their support in her short career.
-Meiko Satomura also appeared.  Still no timetable on her return
-After the Chikayo-Hiren match, Nagashima extended Hiren an invitation to join the Oz Academy.  Hiren was apparently non-committal, neither immediately rejecting or accepting the offer.
-Okuda got her ass kicked two nights in a row by Aja.  I bet she'll be sore tomorrow.
-Amano succeeds (as expected) in her first defense against Ryo Mizunami.  It sounds like it was a good match.
-Sendai's opponents for the March shows (Watari on the 14th and Zepp Sendai on the 15th) will be NEO.  NEO will be represented by Yoshiko Tamura, Etsuko Mita, Haruka Matsuo, Aya Yuki, and Nagisa Nozaki.  The main event at Zepp Sendai will be a JWP Jr/POP title match between Okuda and Aya Yuki.
-The participants in Sendai's youth tournament (3 years or less experience) that will start in April will be announced at the March 15th show.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2008, 09:53:18 AM »
Apparently Hiren does like the idea of playing with the Oz Academy, as the OZ blog has announced a March 9th match (their next show) with Chikayo Nagahima and Hiren teaming up against Carlos Amano and Dynamite Kansai.  I think the idea is that Carlos and Chikayo are basically trying to create a new version of the Oz Academy.  I can't imagine Ozaki will take this really well, along with being officially left off the card for Oz's next show.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2008, 10:02:16 AM »
You called it somewhat with Hiren being the one to get the offer to join Oz though not exactly for a new Ozaki heel stable. Should be interesting to see where that goes.

Amano vs. Mizunami should be good. I can imagine those two meshing well actually.

Can't say I'm terribly excited for the NEO show. Would have liked Genki to come along.

The youth tournament might be interesting depending on the participants and how its used.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2008, 01:15:46 PM »
Don't mind the NEO show, some room for wins for the Sendai crew there.  It's a shame about Mari.  She looked like she would have some skills.  The illness thing seems a little odd, but either way I hope everything works out for her.
I'm pretty neutral about the whole Hiren thing.  I'm gonna have to wait to see how that works for her, but I don't expect to see her start picking up any wins either way.
One thing, those two OZ shows kind of brought home how important having Meiko active can be.  There was no way anybody was going to get a win against any of the OZ girls and if it's hard to send a crowd home repeatedly without any wins for the home team so often. 
I may drop you on your head

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2008, 02:43:24 PM »
They really need another experienced wrestler or three to move to Sendai.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2008, 02:58:51 PM »
...some room for wins for the Sendai crew there.
With those results, I'm just wondering if there was room for SENDAI to get any offense.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2008, 05:59:03 PM »
Oh they got creamed for sure.  I bet Hiren had a good showing, for the OZ angle, and the Miz title match will have been good and open, if probably never looking in doubt, as well, but there was definitely a whole lot of butt whip going on.  But against NEO Aya and Nozaki have a good chance of losing, which would be nice to see. The other three will be killing some Sendai fools...

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2008, 11:29:05 PM »
I was looking at the list of girls under 3 years of experience. I don't suppose if there's info regarding whether its girls who debuted after April 2005? Or January 2005?

Girls who debuted 4/2005 and after:

Ayumi Kurihara
Aoi Kizuki
Miki Ishii
Ayako Sato
Arisa Nakajima
Mika Mizunuma
Yuri Urai
Hiroyo Matsumoto
Misaki Ohata
Hanako Kobayashi
Aya Yuki
Makoto
YUKA
Nagisa Nozaki
Asuka Ohki
Io Shirai
Mio Shirai
all the SENDAI GIRLS
all the Ice Ribbon girls

If it's 1/2005 then Tomoka Nakagawa and Moeka Haruhi are also eligible.

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2008, 03:16:50 AM »
They really need another experienced wrestler or three to move to Sendai.

I agree, even though I doubt it will happen. I think all the various joshi promotions are in the Tokyo area, and I think it'll be diffuclt that some experienced wrestler would decide to pack everything and move to Sendai on a full basis.
How far is Sendai from Tokyo, BTW ?

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2008, 03:37:30 AM »
No idea, but far enough that Meiko is the only person from the original vet crew who actually stayed. Ask OJ. He should know how far.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »
He said about an hour and half by train from tokyo in another thread

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2008, 09:39:43 AM »
I think Tokyo-Sendai is 90-120 minutes by shinkasen and several hours (5,6,more?) by bus or car.  It's far enough away that people who live in Tokyo and have friends/family in the Tokyo area would think hard about making the move, especially since moving to Sendai would cut down on the number of freelance dates in Tokyo that a wrestler could work.

In Meiko's case, I think it was a combination of the challenge of starting a new promotion and training new wrestlers, Sendai being closer to her hometown of Niigata, and not minding working a lighter schedule (although that didn't save her from Hyuga) that made her willing to make the move.  I have no idea if other veterans were approached to work for Sendai or not.  Unfortunately, with Satomura out a long time with the serious injury, it does hurt the promotion since there are no other veterans and the youngsters have to make it right away.  They've been pretty lucky that the rookies are good, but it makes booking hard against groups like OZ that are all established veterans who aren't jobbing to 18 year olds.  At least with Ibuki, JWP, NEO, they have some wrestlers of the same age where the result of a match can actually be in doubt.

I expect the Sendai roster to get booked pretty strongly in the youth tournament coming up in a few months, since these are all matches that they can realistically get booked to win.  I predict either Okuda or Miz wins this tourney.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »
My guess would be a Matsumoto vs. Okuda final.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2008, 12:13:35 PM »
is Arisa still eligible for this? If she is I thinking a final between her and Okuda personally.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »
Arisa is eligible for it. I've gotten the impression she's been losing quite a bit though after dropping the JWP Jr/POP title to Okuda, while Matsumoto has been on a tear. Granted Matsumoto's push will most likely end when Matsuo defend against her.

Arisa did win the MVP of the Jr. All Stars however... and it would be a re-match if her opponent is Okuda.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2008, 01:40:51 PM »
I found a Meiko update on Sanspo.com http://www.sanspo.com/tohoku/top/th200803/th2008030602.html

Apparently Meiko is planning on a trip to Thailand for 10 days to study Muay Thai techniques in May or June, once she gets the approval from the doctor to resume vigorous exercise.  To let her eye socket heal, she's only been able to do mild exercise like walking and she's upset about "getting soft".  So the Thailand trip is the first step to getting back in ring shape and returning to action.

I want to see Meiko learn some new cool kicks in Thailand and kick the poo out of Hyuga!  *approve
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline AirRaidCrush

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »
If she returns to SENDAI wearing a badass eyepatch and Muay Thai wraps like Sagat, I will absolutely DIE of marking out.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2008, 02:00:09 AM »
If she returns to SENDAI wearing a badass eyepatch and Muay Thai wraps like Sagat, I will absolutely DIE of marking out.

Ha!  Yes, that would be ace.  I would like to see her come back with some bad ass knee lifts, Takayama style.  It would be cool if she could do something to replace her euro uppercuts as I think they are the only thing she does that I'm not always sold on.

Offline ka-to

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2008, 06:27:31 AM »

Ha!  Yes, that would be ace.  I would like to see her come back with some bad ass knee lifts, Takayama style.  It would be cool if she could do something to replace her euro uppercuts as I think they are the only thing she does that I'm not always sold on.

Who sterted calling them European uppercuts? Must have been some youngster. I prefer Gordon Solie's call of bolo like forearms. Ali used to punch like that and it was the bolo punch. I forget who Ali stole that move from.

I'm glad to see that Meiko is taking her time in rehab and waiting to heal.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »

quoted for truth
 *approve
me too

Offline J.H. - Firmly Re-Dedicated to Yoneyama!

• I Live Here
  • ALL HAIL YONEYAMA~!
    • View Profile
    • BRAVE BLOG~!
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2008, 10:12:14 AM »
See with Meiko being out I'm stunned they haven't used Sonoko Kato to claim 'REVENGE!' for her best friend. I think Kato v. Hyuga would be a fun match and it keeps the fire for the feud/amtch going. Have Hyuga beat Kato and just have commentary team sell the dangers of Hyuga's 'Knee of Death!'

If this Hyuga/Meiko match happens and hten fails to deliver man are we all gonna be pissed or what?

James

Retire At 30?
Kaori Yoneyama Has Only Just Begun To Fight~!

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
If this Hyuga/Meiko match happens and hten fails to deliver man are we all gonna be pissed or what?

Always possible, but with those two the odds are in our favor.