Author Topic: SENDAI  (Read 279941 times)

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: SENDAI
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »
Ohata seems pretty popular in general.  It would be quite good for business for Ohata to go to Sendai, and good Sendai business I am all in favour for.  I would be damn excited for another Sendai/Oz title match even though they wouldnt have a chance  *bwah
I may drop you on your head

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2007, 12:53:57 AM »
Well the Shirai's are from an even smaller promotion in MAHEKEN and don't have as much experience so I would they they lose to Dash and Sachiko.

I thought/hoped (I'm a Cherry fan) Hiren may not win here, but your idea of all four originals winning sounded enticing.

So I'm thinking Okuda loses that tournament next month to set up an in house defense against one of the other girls.

A Japanese blogger that I read who is a Sendai local and goes to all the shows reported that the winner of the Sendai one-day tournament gets a title shot in OZ Academy.  Also, 2 girls were "randomly" chosen to get first round byes-Sachiko and Hiren got them.  I'm sensing someone other than Okuda wins, most likely Mizunami, since I don't think they would do Aja-Okuda II already.  This assumes that Aja retains the title against Carlos Amano.  Some sort of monkey business could happen, especially since Ozaki is pissed off and declared "war" on the rest of the Oz Academy and she's most pissed off at Aja for failing to give Mayumi the respect she thinks she deserves.  Another wacky idea I thought of is for someone (maybe Hiren-her motivation could be frustration/jealousy and how she's had no success so far) to turn heel and win by outside assistance (say Police or Mika Nishio) if they want to re-do the old "Mayumi is a bad influence and lures girls away from their dojo" angle that was the original Oz Academy.  I don't really think I want Oz Academy: The Sequel, but I won't be shocked if something like this is done sooner or later.
Doubt they would do something like that though in general it does remind me of some people wishing in general some rookies would turn heel. Personally I think such a thing could be pulled off well in NEO, not sure about SENDAI. Besides Aja is the only heel in SENDAI as far as I know.

I'm a bit disappointed they are running the title shot story again, especially since there is no believable chance at victory. Mizunami wouldn't be a bad choice though. To be honest, I find her ahead of most of the other girls despite debuting later.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2007, 06:34:27 AM »
The Miz was the last rookie in GAEA, she actually has a few years more experience than any of the other girls, which is why she looks strong in comparison.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2008, 08:14:55 AM »
It seems after Junior All Stars that the Sendai Girls are on a short vacation, as Okuda's latest blog post was from her mom's house in Kagawa Prefecture (on Shikoku Island), Hiren posted from Tokyo, and Chisako was at home in Sendai.  Chisako sounded quite happy about getting to face (and beat) wrestlers from her own generation and was proud that the "Cross Sisters" won the Fighting Spirit award.

Once their break is over, the next show on January 18th is a one-day tournament with just Sendai talent.  The prize is a shot at the OZ Academy championship.  This likely will take place at the February 24th Sendai show, which will be against OZ.  It's a single elimination tournament.  Tyrannosaurus Okuda meets Mari Harada in the 1st round, with the winner advancing to face Hiren.  On the other side of the bracket, DASH Chisako and Ryo Mizunami face each other and the winner gets Sendai Sachiko.  Meiko Satomura will make an appearance in a "talk show".  According to Pozen, Meiko may need another operation    *wail
CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2008, 08:30:17 AM »
Poor Meiko *gloom

As for the tournament, wouldn'0t it be cool if Hiren has a surprise victory over Okuda in th second round (and maybe wins the whole tournament)?

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2008, 10:20:17 AM »
 *lukie

another operation for meiko?
how come it has gotten worse?

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2008, 02:04:10 PM »
 *gloom

The possibility of Meiko needing another operation sucks, I hope its not because of anything dodgy. I just watched the infamous tag match, but I honestly couldnt tell that Meiko's eyesocket had been done over that much.  The knee looked pretty sick but I couldnt tell that Meiko was busted up that bad.  I suppose I dont know how quickly something like that would swell tbh, but Meiko was sure sucking it up. 

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »
well by now my only choice is to sift thru meiko's old matches

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »
Some new Sendai info:

The winner of the one-day tournament on 1/18 will be getting a shot at the OZ Academy title. 

Sendai will be running two shows against OZ Academy in February.  These shows will be on the 23rd and 24th.  The first show is from Kesennuma-Shi General Welfare Hall.  Kesennuma is a small city north of Sendai.  The show on the 24th is from Zepp Sendai and will feature the OZ championship match between the OZ champ (presumably either Aja Kong or Carlos Amano depending on the results of this weekend's OZ show) and the Sendai tournament winner.

According to a blogger from Sendai, it sounds like they will be running a lot more shows this year (maybe up to 50) and they will be all over the Miyagi prefecture/Tohoku region (i.e. northern part of Honshu island).  I'm not sure exactly how they will get in so many shows.  I'm guessing that running one or two house shows in smaller cities when they bring up a group from Tokyo is something that will continue.  Maybe they'll do offer matches at Michinoku Pro shows.  Maybe Sendai will do the Hokkaido tour that AJW used to do once a year and NEO did last year?

And this is guesswork on my part, but I have a feeling that someone from Sendai is going to go heel and run off with Ozaki at the February show.  I think it's going to be Hiren, who has loyally seconded the younger and more successful wrestlers (esp. Okuda) so far, but will finally get frustrated and jealous.  Since Mayumi is "at war" with all of the regular Oz Academy members right now, maybe she'll try to form OZ Academy: The New Class.  It could inject some new life into OZ shows, particularly if Mika Nishio is able to ever start wrestling again.  Hopefully if anything remotely like this happens, it won't end up as lame as Saved By the Bell: The New Class.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »
If your right hopefully it will involve more than just Hiren from SENDAI and maybe a member or two from IBUKI and Ito's Dojo. A lot of these younger wrestlers are really lacking personality to stand out and heel turns would certainly help.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2008, 11:47:17 PM »
i hate to say this but the SENDAI packaging could be some sort of a hindrance to these girls coz instead of being recognized individually as wrestlers, they're often viewed as a single unit with rarely anything to identify them from each other
so heel turns could possibly help

as for OZ Academy, the new class, i don't know what to expect yet

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2008, 06:53:49 PM »
There was a recent article about Sendai Girls in the Tohoku version of Nikkan Sports, as reported on Irving's new Joshi Queendom site http://joshipuro.puroresufan.com which is part of the SSS network.  In addition to the news about Sendai planning on running a lot more shows in the Tohoku region this year and Satomura needing another operation at the end of the month, Sendai has accepted a new trainee.  The new trainee is a 15 year old from Osaka; she will move into the Sendai dojo in April after completing junior high.  President Jinsei Shinzaki is hoping to recruit a few more hometown girls from Sendai.

Oh, and here are some recent pictures of some of the girls. 

OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2008, 08:36:01 PM »
That's like good-news, bad-news... and some funny shenanigans in that photo. Good that Irv is updating again... unless he started back some time ago and I missed it. Good that SENDAI is progressing. But sad that Meiko is not on the clear path to recovery just yet.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »
thanks for the updates and the pic
it's nice to know that SENDAI is now expanding their roster

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2008, 07:20:48 AM »
I haven't found results of today's one-day tournament yet, but there was a late change in the brackets.  Essentially, Sendai Sachiko and Hiren's places were swapped.

So now we have:
1. Tyrannosaurus Okuda vs Mari Harada
2. DASH Chisako vs Ryo Mizunami
3. Okuda/Harada winner vs Sendai Sachiko (not Hiren)
4. Chisako/Mizunami winner vs Hiren (not Sachiko)
5. Finals
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2008, 11:36:52 AM »
Ok, here are the first set of results with the "one thread per promotion" idea.

This results are from the Sendai Girls homepage, http://www.purolove.com and http://blog.bodymaker.jp/user/nobu/nobu.

SENDAI GIRLS Vol. 16 January 18, 2008
Zepp Sendai
500 Fans
One Day Tournament (for shot at OZ Academy Title)

1. First Round: Tyrannosaurus Okuda defeated Mari Harada (7:28) with a German Suplex Hold
2. First Round: Ryo Mizunami defeated DASH Chisako (6:54) by submission with a Triangle Choke Hold.
3. Semifinal: Sendai Sachiko defeated Tyrannosaurus Okuda (8:16) by submission with a Wakigatame.
4. Semifinal: Ryo Mizunami defeated Hiren (8:11) with an Uranage.
5. Final: Ryo Mizunami defeated Sendai Sachiko (8:46) with a Second Rope Guillotine Drop.

So they shook things up a bit by having Okuda lose and Mizunami win the tournament.  This is Okuda's first loss ever against one of her classmates and I think having Miz win 3 matches clearly establishes her as Okuda's main threat for #1 status among the non-Meiko members of the promotion-although those two haven't met in a match yet.  Sachiko also gets a nice little bump from beating Okuda; I don't think she's ever used a submission hold to gain a win before.  Hiren's still 0 for whatever and they are starting to talk about "she's getting close, but hasn't won yet".  Hiren is also the one who always works as the second when someone else has a big match.  I think they are building to Hiren eventually getting so frustrated and jealous of the younger girls having more success that she's the one who makes the first heel turn.

I also think there could be an Okuda-Mizunami singles match sometime in the next few months, possibly for the junior titles.  I think Okuda would win such a match, but will probably end up dropping the title back to JWP (and probably to freaking Arisa) this spring.

The attendance was down, probably partially because of no outside talent and no Meiko on the card and partially because it was snowing in Sendai.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:40:27 AM by Josh the Oahu Dogcatcher »
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2008, 11:54:18 AM »
I had a feeling that Mizunami would win, what with her potentially having a higher ranking than the other girls.  I finally got to see a match from her GAEA period and enjoyed her going rookie apeshit on Aja, she's definitely got a natural flair for the wrestling.  I heard that she had good matchups againts Carlos so I am quite looking forward to their title match. Sweet.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »
Not too surprised about Mizunami winning and am quite happy with it. Personally find her the best out of the SENDAI rookies.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2008, 01:45:29 AM »
harada is the rookie right?

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2008, 07:36:05 AM »
A new announcement about a 16 woman tournament that Sendai will hold over shows to be held at Zepp Sendai in April, May, & June.  Unlike the WAR tournament last year, this tournament is restricted to wrestlers with no more than 3 years of experience.  Apparently the details will be given at Sendai's show in February as to who will participate and what the brackets will be. 

Oh, and to answer Kapeng's question, Mari Harada is the rookie.  She debuted this past November.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2008, 07:53:02 AM »
thanks, Josh

whenever a rookie enters joshi, i get interested

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2008, 08:04:48 AM »
Harada looks like she has good aptitude from watching her in the latest puroking ep, she performed the usual rookie offence well.  She's a little bigger than I thought she might be as well, she looked like she would be the smallest Sendai girl yet but she definitely isnt.  She was crying her eyes out after her debut match bless her.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2008, 08:13:28 AM »
I haven't seen Harada wrestle yet; I've only seen photos.  She's got the best outfit and I suggest that Hiren should wear the hot pants as well  *Oni*

If the size I saw for Harada is accurate, she's bigger than Chisako/Sachiko (who are pretty tiny) and smaller than Okuda/Hiren (who aren't exactly big).  Heck, Miz looks like a monster in Sendai Girls and she would have been short if she had been a rookie in AJW back in the 80s/early 90s.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2008, 08:25:46 AM »
She's in the middle height wise for sure, but she looks like she's heading for an Okuda like build.  How many new girls are especially tall these days?  Funny thing on a related note, when I first saw Chikayo Nagashima I thought she was short, but I began to notice that hardly anybody from her gen was taller than her and she was actually taller than some and it doesn't even look like she wears lifts.  It was just when she was in with the AJW girls :) 
Yeah, the hot pants are much better and Hiren certainly has the figure.  Ahem.   *approve

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2008, 08:56:28 AM »
Heck, Miz looks like a monster in Sendai Girls and she would have been short if she had been a rookie in AJW back in the 80s/early 90s.
She looks small to me, around the size of everyone else in SENDAI.

Anyways it sounds like SENDAI is choosing to be the replacement for JD's Princess league which I don't mind I suppose. Will be interesting to see who the participants are.
Only English K-Dojo site