Author Topic: SENDAI  (Read 212563 times)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
Re: SENDAI
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »
Sendai Girls has announced the first show for 2008.  Like the first show of 2007, it will not use any outside talent.  Unlike last year, where the original 4 girls fought sparring matches and then took turns getting beat by Meiko (I think this was the match that started the whole "Meiko's jobber corps" stuff), the 6 girls will compete in a 1 day tournament.  Okuda has to be the favorite.  Maybe they'll do something interesting and have someone upset Okuda and have an in-house challenge for the junior belt (assuming Okuda doesn't lose it this weekend).

Meiko Satomura will participate in a "talk show".  Tickets are cheaper than usual (3000 yen) and K-12 students are free with school ID.  Sendai also seems to be continuing the sports franchise theme, as they will start selling "season tickets" (i.e. a pass for a year's worth of shows).
CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2007, 01:05:53 PM »
it will not use outside talent?
has the roster widened up?

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2007, 01:40:07 PM »
I dunno Kap, they have seven girls now (eight including meiko ofc) so that is enough to do a one day tournament of some kind. They could have an opener with Okuda versus the newest girl Harada and then three random matches between the more "senior" girls with the final decider match being a three way. Or they could have Harada or somebody have a bye for the opening round so they could then have two semi-finals into a final one on one match.  Theres a number of ways to do it.

Sendai Girls has announced the first show for 2008.  Like the first show of 2007, it will not use any outside talent.  Unlike last year, where the original 4 girls fought sparring matches and then took turns getting beat by Meiko (I think this was the match that started the whole "Meiko's jobber corps" stuff), the 6 girls will compete in a 1 day tournament.  Okuda has to be the favorite.  Maybe they'll do something interesting and have someone upset Okuda and have an in-house challenge for the junior belt (assuming Okuda doesn't lose it this weekend).

Personally, I doubt they will bring the belt into it (unless Meiko is really leaning on them over the injury) but yeah they could have an interesting "upset" over Okuda in the tournament.  Although I would put money on that being the Miz which might not be so much "interesting" as logical
I may drop you on your head

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2007, 03:00:55 PM »
they should not kill okuda's momentum

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2007, 06:36:09 PM »
If they want to be surprising with the winner of the tourny, it should be DASH!

but other than that, it's gotta be Okuda...she's the only one wearing gold (blue, whatever)
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2007, 07:27:26 PM »
yeah i never saw DASH win at all

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2007, 10:19:32 AM »
The Tyrannosaurus Okuda vs Hiroyo Matsumoto match at the Sendai show on 12/29 has been made into a title match, with the JWP Junior and POP titles on the line.  For those who missed it, this is a rematch from the Sendai vs Ibuki show in December 2006 where all of the Sendai Girls lost and acted badly (tantrums, showboating, etc), causing Meiko to bitch them out in the ring and setting up the story where they had to face Meiko in a gauntlet match where one of them was supposed to get fired (although that didn't happen). This was also the kayfabe reason why no one from Sendai was in last year's Junior All Stars-the story was that they didn't deserve to go while the real reason was that the decision had been made before the promotion even debuted to keep all of the rookies limited to Sendai shows for their first year.

My guess is that this show will be a redemption for the original four girls and that Sendai will finally win more matches than their opponents in a show.  I predict Hiren's first win (over old lady Cherry), DASH & Sachiko beat Nakagawa and Ohata, and Okuda retains the titles, while Mizunami loses to Kyoko Kimura and the new girl Mari Harada loses to Emoto.  However, Hiroyo and Arisa Nakajima from JWP will probably get their revenge at this year's Jr. All Stars.  I think the Senjo-JWP feud has been great (with one obvious exception) and I hope it continues, especially when Meiko returns.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »
Interesting thoughts. I have to agree with them though I also hope against against Hiren's first win to honest. Looking at too its sad hat even if Meiko wasn't injured we still probably wouldn't have seen her and Mariko lock up. This was basically designed to be a true coming out party for the rookies of SENDAI.

So mention revenge at the Junior All Stars. Who will pin Okuda then, Hiroyo or Arisa?
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »
Theres a number of ways to do it.
I think a straight-forward tournament with a first-round bye for Okuda might be the way to go if they use all seven girls. That's a card of six matches, if I'm not mistaken. I'm just not sure how the three-ways with the SENDAI style would work... but anything is possible.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2007, 12:46:45 PM »
Interesting thoughts. I have to agree with them though I also hope against against Hiren's first win to honest. Looking at too its sad hat even if Meiko wasn't injured we still probably wouldn't have seen her and Mariko lock up. This was basically designed to be a true coming out party for the rookies of SENDAI.

So mention revenge at the Junior All Stars. Who will pin Okuda then, Hiroyo or Arisa?

My guess is Nakajima will, largely because JWP is putting the event on and would be inclined to have their top junior win the main event.  JWP did let Genki and Yuki win the Discover New Heroine tag tourney this year, so I figure they'll want the big win this time around. This also could prolong the JWP/Senjo feud and set up a title rematch sometime in the future, say next spring.  So none of this will probably happen now that I've said it.

As far as the Sendai one-day tourney, there are only 6 girls excluding Meiko unless they bring in some outsiders, which I don't think they are doing for this event since they are charging less than usual.  If we go with a standard single-elimination tourney with no 3-ways or other stuff, we'd have 5 matches and 2 of them would get first round byes.

Eivion, did you see the Meiko/Okuda/Miz vs Kuragaki/Arisa/Ohki tag from the August JWP show yet?  If not, you'll love the end of the match and the aftermath.  Meiko loves Arisa about as much as you do  *bwah
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2007, 01:15:33 PM »
The damn thing wouldn't get to the end due to veoh screwiness. It kept stopping around 23 minutes and pissing me off severely. I figure I'll watch again later since they have done updates since then.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2007, 01:18:25 PM »

As far as the Sendai one-day tourney, there are only 6 girls excluding Meiko unless they bring in some outsiders, which I don't think they are doing for this event since they are charging less than usual.  If we go with a standard single-elimination tourney with no 3-ways or other stuff, we'd have 5 matches and 2 of them would get first round byes.

Oh yeah, of course there are only 6...I keep thinking that the Miz's number says eight, but why that made me think there was seven excluding Meiko i dont know.  No wait, its because I'm an idiot and I can't count!
The trio's tag was a lot of fun.  The Okuda/Nakajima and Meiko/Nakajima exchanges were a lot of fun as was Arisa paying for her youthful bitchiness.  The Okuda/Nakajima stuff kind of makes me think that the Jr titles match was in the works before Meikos injury and not just as "payment" for it although it could have just been to set up the following tag match.  The revenge spots between the two senior girls also had me smiling.  Funny that Tsubasa could get up Meiko and Okuda for the Argentine, but not Natsuki and Nanae.  Kayfabe for the fighting refrigerator? *bwah
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:26:14 PM by DAN »
I may drop you on your head

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2007, 02:45:27 PM »
The damn thing wouldn't get to the end due to veoh screwiness. It kept stopping around 23 minutes and pissing me off severely. I figure I'll watch again later since they have done updates since then.

I had the same thing happen, so I saved the match and watched it on a FLV player.  It worked fine them.  The final few minutes and the aftermath are the best part.

That reminds me, I hate that you can't save anything off of Veoh in a high-quality format anymore.   *livid
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2007, 02:50:37 PM »
what i hate about veoh is that im watching the trio tag match and it stopped in the middle so ...

*gah
don't spoil the ending for me okay?

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2007, 03:19:51 PM »
I don't think it's anything on my end... I'm still using VEOH because it's known. Still waiting for one of you smart tech guys to figure out a better spot.

*hee

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2007, 03:25:13 PM »
I don't think it's anything on my end... I'm still using VEOH because it's known. Still waiting for one of you smart tech guys to figure out a better spot.

*hee

Oh, it's not your fault and we LOVE how much joshi you post on YouTube and Veoh.  I'm sure it wasn't your idea for Veoh to make various dumb changes.  Veoh was awesome when you could watch the full matches AND download them in their original format.  *SigH*  I tried MegaVideo once and it was more of a nightmare than Veoh.  I still think Veoh and YouTube are your best bets for you to get stuff out for people to be able to see w/o downloading.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2007, 05:23:36 PM »
Oh, it's not your fault and we LOVE how much joshi you post on YouTube and Veoh.  I'm sure it wasn't your idea for Veoh to make various dumb changes.  Veoh was awesome when you could watch the full matches AND download them in their original format.  *SigH*  I tried MegaVideo once and it was more of a nightmare than Veoh.  I still think Veoh and YouTube are your best bets for you to get stuff out for people to be able to see w/o downloading.

i hear you
 *give
i just abandoned my megavideo account

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2007, 09:51:14 PM »

*hee

Megavideo was alright for me, if you just no-sell the whole "not being able to change the public/private settings" thing if you just want to watch shit...found a lot of Shimmer stuff on there, but the uploading is slooooow.

vSocial is iffy, since it still has the 100mb cap, but no time limits..and the player itself is kinda wank.

But even before the last round of wankerific changes to Veoh, there'd still be the random vid here and there that would botch in the middle and lock up...try completely exiting out of the VeohTV client (even going to the task manager to make sure) and then starting the cleint up on it's own before using it to search out for the match...I've found that vids botch less when you handle everything within it rather than clicking on the button on the vid's page at Veoh.com
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2007, 10:11:48 PM »

*hee

lucky, when i downloaded some of your vids into my pc, the ending was cut off

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2007, 12:21:53 PM »
Which matches?

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2007, 12:27:02 PM »
I still don't know why veoh makes all my downloads of new stuff into .flv *livid

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2007, 01:36:09 AM »
Which matches?

nanae takahashi & natsuki taiyo vs azumi hyuga & (i forgot her name)
meiko satomura, tyrannosaurus okuda & ayane mizumura vs tsubasa kuragaki, kayoko haruyama ... the trio tag

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2007, 07:51:32 AM »
The penultimate joshi puroresu event of the year!  The same 700 people (give or take a few hundred) that always go to Sendai shows.  I haven't found any photos yet-I think these results were posted just a few minutes after the show ended.

SENDAI GIRLS VOL 15. December 29, 2007
Zepp Sendai
700 Fans

1. Atsuko Emoto defeated Mari Harada (7:32) by submission with the M-Clutch.
2. Cherry defeated Hiren (9:38) with the Cherry-tom Bomb.
3. Kyoko Kimura defeated Ryo Mizunami (12:16) with a Reverse Cross Armbreaker.
4. DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko defeated Tomoka Nakagawa & Misaki Ohata (14:42) when DASH used a Huricanrana on Ohata.
5. JWP Junior & POP Titles: Tyrannosaurus Okuda (c) defeated Hiroyo Matsumoto (13:28) with a Jumping Knee Attack.  Okuda succeeds in her 2nd defense.

I was hoping Hiren would get her first win here, so all four original trainees could win and Sendai could beat Ibuki 3-2, but it was not to be.  Maybe Meiko will let Hiren beat Harada in the one-day tourney next month.

It was nice to see DASH get her first pin-fall over a non-Sendai opponent and to see Okuda defend the title successfully twice in a month.  I'm all in favor of defending the junior belts frequently.  I suspect DASH & Sachiko will beat the Shirai sisters on Monday, but Okuda's team is gonna lose to Arisa & Hiroyo.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:00:41 PM by Josh the Oahu Dogcatcher »
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2007, 06:03:46 PM »
Well the Shirai's are from an even smaller promotion in MAHEKEN and don't have as much experience so I would they they lose to Dash and Sachiko.

I thought/hoped (I'm a Cherry fan) Hiren may not win here, but your idea of all four originals winning sounded enticing.

So I'm thinking Okuda loses that tournament next month to set up an in house defense against one of the other girls.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2007, 07:00:15 PM »
Well the Shirai's are from an even smaller promotion in MAHEKEN and don't have as much experience so I would they they lose to Dash and Sachiko.

I thought/hoped (I'm a Cherry fan) Hiren may not win here, but your idea of all four originals winning sounded enticing.

So I'm thinking Okuda loses that tournament next month to set up an in house defense against one of the other girls.

A Japanese blogger that I read who is a Sendai local and goes to all the shows reported that the winner of the Sendai one-day tournament gets a title shot in OZ Academy.  Also, 2 girls were "randomly" chosen to get first round byes-Sachiko and Hiren got them.  I'm sensing someone other than Okuda wins, most likely Mizunami, since I don't think they would do Aja-Okuda II already.  This assumes that Aja retains the title against Carlos Amano.  Some sort of monkey business could happen, especially since Ozaki is pissed off and declared "war" on the rest of the Oz Academy and she's most pissed off at Aja for failing to give Mayumi the respect she thinks she deserves.  Another wacky idea I thought of is for someone (maybe Hiren-her motivation could be frustration/jealousy and how she's had no success so far) to turn heel and win by outside assistance (say Police or Mika Nishio) if they want to re-do the old "Mayumi is a bad influence and lures girls away from their dojo" angle that was the original Oz Academy.  I don't really think I want Oz Academy: The Sequel, but I won't be shocked if something like this is done sooner or later.

Also, Misaki Ohata was very popular with the crowd and got a lot of streamers since she was born/raised in Sendai.  Some people called for her to come home and join Sendai Girls.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)