Author Topic: Oz Academy  (Read 159119 times)

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Oz Academy
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2008, 08:44:58 AM »
Those results have certainly added interest in the Academy's storyline !
I just love Hiren turning heel ! I agree it won't be easy for Sendai to have Hiren work accordingly to what happened at Oz, but I hope they'll find a way, maybe by having someone from her faction help her or team with her during some SEndai show...

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
[imgzoom]http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/ozacademy/imgs/7/9/79f8a81c-s.JPG[/imgzoom]

On April 12th, there will be a OZ title/principalship match at the Differ Ariake show between Mayumi and Carlos. They seem to be moving awfully fast with the new storyline, turning Hiren immediately and having this match next month.
CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »
Predictable, but good result. The younger girls in joshi have needed stories to this fashion that will flesh out an interesting character for them aside from spunky rookie #203. Glad to see Hiroyo getting involved as well. Hopefully they show these new character changes in Sendai and IBUKI. Also the first time i have really been interested in Oz.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2008, 06:15:30 AM »
Here's the card for the Osaka show on March 30th.

OZ ACADEMY "CROSSROAD" March 30, 2008
Osaka Azalea Taisho Hall

1. Devil Masami vs Sonoko Kato
2. Dynamite Kansai vs Tomoka Nakagawa
3. Aja Kong & Hiroyo Matsumoto vs AKINO & Ran Yu-Yu
4. KAORU vs Manami Toyota
5. Mayumi Ozaki & Hiren vs Carlos Amano & Chikayo Nagashima

Remember at yesterday's show, Ozaki, Police, and Mika Nishio interfered as expected, and Hiren did an immediate heel turn on Chikayo and Carlos.  Also, Aja formed a group with AKINO, Ran, Manami, and Hiroyo.  Apparently Hiroyo pretty much begged Aja to get in and Aja agreed.  Aja isn't typically so giving to youngsters; she gave Tyrannosaurus Okuda the usual "You suck, you little piece of crap" speech after Aja kicked her ass in Sendai. I think maybe the idea is for Hiroyo to learn the "killer instinct" from Aja.  Gee, once Meiko's healthy a tag with Meiko/Okuda vs Aja/Hiroyo could be good fun.  And I guess it's Sonoko's turn to have the last match with the Devil.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2008, 06:39:54 PM »
who's the head writer of OZ? i like the way things are going story-wise. and i love hiroyo getting a career push here

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2008, 08:29:38 PM »
last match with the devil?
does that mean devil masami is on her way to retirement?

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »
I don't think they have writers as such.  I would reckon that Ozaki is head-"booker" for OZ (Kayfabe Carlos at the moment) and that she gets input from others like Aja, KAORU and Kansai about matches to make and feuds to build and how best to do that, but I dont think they sit there in a big room writing out scripts like wwe.  They doubtless talk about some points for somebody to make booking wise, but think about how many people actually say anything in ring.  They leave that to the ones who are just good at sounding genuine and making points, like Carlos and Mayumi.  Interviews that they do afterwards are done just like any "genuine" sports person and dont look scripted.
I may drop you on your head

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2008, 11:47:25 AM »
DAN, with the way you explained things, sounds like the booking comes with the writing and it's as if the shows were done not based on a "script" but an "outline" that bookers simply follow

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2008, 07:11:51 AM »
Devil is retiring in August, on her 30th anniversary.

OZ is living kayfabe.  They are having an event where fans can get together and go out to eat/drink/see the cherry blossoms with OZ wrestlers on April 6th, a few days before their show at Differ Ariake.  The thing is that you have to pick which of the three groups you want to hang out with, as they will all meet seperately at a different time & place.

You can choose OZ Regular Army (Amano, Nagashima, Kato, Kansai), Ozaki Army Corps (Mayumi, Police), or Aja Army Corps (Aja, Toyota, AKINO, Ran).

I wonder which group Kori would choose?
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline King of Joshi

• I Live Here
  • Dark Unicorn and Black Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2008, 07:40:53 AM »
OZ is living kayfabe.  They are having an event where fans can get together and go out to eat/drink/see the cherry blossoms with OZ wrestlers on April 6th, a few days before their show at Differ Ariake.  The thing is that you have to pick which of the three groups you want to hang out with, as they will all meet seperately at a different time & place.

You can choose OZ Regular Army (Amano, Nagashima, Kato, Kansai), Ozaki Army Corps (Mayumi, Police), or Aja Army Corps (Aja, Toyota, AKINO, Ran).

That is so friggin awesome. I need to move to Japan.

It'd be a tough choice between Oz and Toyota, if KAORU came with Oz it would be a no brainer though.

Warning: Comment may be deleted by walking chode.

Offline Her Majesty Queen Kori I

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • Joshi Fans
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
AAC ALL THE WAY BABY!
You so much as TOUCH kitty's ass, and I'll put a firecracker in your nutsack and blow your balls all over your pants!

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:11 AM »

That is so friggin awesome. I need to move to Japan.

It'd be a tough choice between Oz and Toyota, if KAORU came with Oz it would be a no brainer though.

Yeah, the OZ Academy blog entry I got this from had no KAORU or Mika Nishio with Ozaki.  Who wants to go if it's just friggin' Police with Oz?
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2008, 11:10:39 AM »
easy. AAC
aja & toyota on the same table doesn't happen everyday (if only i live in japan)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2008, 06:55:01 AM »
Some upcoming OZ cards.

OZ Academy "OZ-CROSS ROAD" March 30, 2008
Osaka Azalea Taisho

1. Devil Masami vs. Sonoko Kato
2. Dynamite Kansai vs. Tomoka Nakagawa
3. Aja Kong & Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. AKINO & Ran Yu-Yu
4. KAORU vs. Manami Toyota
5. Carlos Amano & Chikayo Nagashima vs. Mayumi Ozaki & Hiren

OZ Academy "THE WIZARD OF OZ ARIAKE MAX" April 12, 2008
Tokyo Differ Ariake

1. Daiken Trade & Industry Offer Match (???): Leatherface vs God of Death (WTF is this???)
2. GAMI vs Bullfight Sora
3. Devil Masami vs Kana
4. Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato vs Yoshiko Tamura & Misae Genki
5. The WIZARD OF OZ (OZ Championship & Principalship): Carlos Amano (c) vs Mayumi Ozaki

Also participating in matches yet to be announced: AKINO, Ran Yu-Yu, Manami Toyota, Hiroyo Matsumoto, Tomoka Nakagawa, Hiren

I don't know what Match #1 is all about. Match #2 belongs at a WAVE weekday show. Match #4 will probably be the best match of the show-I thought they'd do something like Chikayo & Sonoko vs KAORU & Hiren.

I notice Aja and KAORU haven't been announced as taking part, but I'm sure they'll participate in some fashion.  I expect the main event will probably end up being an over-booked mess to keep the three faction storyline going.  I wonder which faction that Tomoka is going to end up in, as she's been working the last several OZ shows as well.  My guess is she'll go with the Amano group and maybe feud in the undercard with Hiroyo and/or Hiren.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2008, 07:57:29 AM »
1. Daiken Trade & Industry Offer Match (???): Leatherface vs God of Death
So is this the FMW/IWA Leatherface there was a death scare on a few years back? Other one is probably just called Shinigami.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

bill.zero

« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2008, 08:22:09 AM »
So is this the FMW/IWA Leatherface there was a death scare on a few years back? Other one is probably just called Shinigami.

Haven't there been about 90 guys using the Leatherface gimmick or some variation of it in Japan? There was an AWFUL scum indie guy named Shinigami who used to get booked with Onryo a lot in the late 90s/early 00s... Worked a ton of BJW undercards as well.

Sternness

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2008, 10:27:08 AM »
This is some sort of youth/kids wrestling league as far as I can tell from the translation. Could be something like Ice Ribbon. So it might be just a kid using that gimmick.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »
1. Daiken Trade & Industry Offer Match (???): Leatherface vs God of Death (WTF is this???)

*haha

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2008, 08:02:23 AM »
Results from my usual first source on OZ, http://blog.livedoor.jp/oznekosennin/

OZ ACADEMY "OZ-CROSSROAD" March 30, 2008
Osaka Azalea Taisho Hall

1. Devil Masami defeated Sonoko Kato (13:18) with the Fire Valley.
2. Dynamite Kansai defeated Tomoka Nakagawa (2:10) with the Diving Footstomp.
3. AKINO & Ran Yu-Yu defeated Aja Kong & Hiroyo Matsumoto (19:31) when AKINO used
a Huricanrana on Matsumoto.
4. Manami Toyota defeated KAORU (10:45) with the Japanese Ocean Queen Bee Bomb.
5. Carlos Amano & Chikayo Nagashima defeated Mayumi Ozaki & Hiren (14:58) when Nagashima used a Fisherman's Buster on Hiren.

Nothing terribly interesting/surprising here.  A whole bunch of stipulations were announced for the Amano vs Ozaki "WIZARD OF OZ" match on 4/12.  I'll post them once I work them all out.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 06:28:53 PM by JOSH Chisako »
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2008, 09:28:51 AM »
The Carlos Amano-Mayumi Ozaki match on 4/12 is going to be a Street Fight, with not only the OZ Openweight Championship and Principal's position on the line, but will also be a Hair Match.  Furthermore, there will be no seconds allowed, the Carlos Ghosn is banned, and the match must come to a "complete end".

Geez, can it be inside a cage too?  Maybe some special referees?
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2008, 10:52:16 AM »
Also, it turns out that we had heavy D-FIX involvement in the KAORU/Toyota match, as Police and Mika Nishio attacked Manami before the match and Aja came for the save.  I couldn't make out all the details from http://ameblo.jp/blogresuner/entry-10084148624.html, but it sounds like we had general mayhem with chairs and chains and desks before a botched attempt at the Poison Mist led to Toyota's win.

We might have some sort of Aja Army vs D-FIX tag match coming up at the Differ Ariake show. 
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2008, 08:50:37 PM »
i think OZ is planning to go the bloody route of booking

Offline ka-to

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2008, 05:30:53 AM »

Haven't there been about 90 guys using the Leatherface gimmick or some variation of it in Japan? There was an AWFUL scum indie guy named Shinigami who used to get booked with Onryo a lot in the late 90s/early 00s... Worked a ton of BJW undercards as well.

Somehow Shinigami and Kana were a tag team in January in All Japan. Random strangeness.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2008, 08:17:46 AM »

Somehow Shinigami and Kana were a tag team in January in All Japan. Random strangeness.
All in your head, never happened. On the other hand the two were on the opposites sides against each other's team in AJPW back in January. AJPW does that sometimes taking in offer matches (once or twice a tour) from really small indy promotions on normally non-taped shows.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline ka-to

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »

All in your head, never happened. On the other hand the two were on the opposites sides against each other's team in AJPW back in January. AJPW does that sometimes taking in offer matches (once or twice a tour) from really small indy promotions on normally non-taped shows.

I remember them together. It must have been against each other. There were also unknown people in costumes running around ringside including a midget in the match. All Japan sure has changed.