Author Topic: Oz Academy  (Read 159118 times)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
Re: Oz Academy
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2008, 08:32:42 AM »
Amano's X could be interesting. Any hints about who it is?

I'm pulling for Ozaki/Hiren, but see KAORU/Inoue winning this.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2008, 12:22:13 PM »
ozaki loses her hair ... again

there are times that i tend to think she preferred hair matches because she had some difficulty finding a hair stylist she would eventually liked so she dropped the ball and just offered her hair for the sake of putting up a good show
it's her fed anyway

and yes i remember toyota pinning hokuto with the northern lights bomb (courtesy of mizztrezz' youtube account)
edge tried to pin the undertaker with the tombstone piledriver but of course, it is wrestlemania, taker SHOULD win

on the road to masami's retirement, i wonder who would tell her "i'm sorry ... i love you"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 06:12:59 PM by kapengmabula »

Offline Viscount Ultimo, 1st Viscount Tiger of Joshifans

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
  • Kick! Submission! TIIIGGGGAAAAHHHHH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2008, 12:27:52 PM »
Taker didn't retain anything, he won it.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2008, 12:40:48 PM »
i think AKINO & hiroyo would be one way to represent IBUKI (technically, AKINO was yoshida's student)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2008, 06:15:49 PM »
my bad, i edited it out

i know that aja should be booked as a hiroyo's protege but since AKINO is also yoshida's student before, it made sense for them to be tag team partners

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2008, 08:42:45 AM »
A complete card is out for OZ's next show, on May 9th.  We will have 2 of the 3 first round (quarterfinal) matchups for the newly created OZ tag team title.  Still no word on who Carlos Amano's mystery partner will be in the tournament-she says she doesn't have to announce it until the match on June 7th. 

It appears that Aja teaming with Manami rather than Hiroyo was mainly to piss off Dynamite, who had already agreed to take on a less experienced partner.  Aja pointed out that Toyota has less experience than her. (Note: by one year, 1986 vs 1987)  *haha

So Aja obeyed the letter, if not the spirit, of the veteran/youngster idea.  Heck, Ozaki is teaming with a rookie.  KAORU has 2 years on Takako.  *haha  Chikayo and Sonoko, however, debuted on the same day.  I guess Chikayo has a few minutes on Sonoko since her debut match was first on the initial GAEA card.

OZ ACADEMY "ROCKETS" May 9, 2008
Shinjuku FACE

1. Ran Yu-Yu vs Obacchi Iizuka
2. Devil Masami, Carlos Amano, & Kana vs Aja Kong, AKINO, & Hiroyo Matsumoto
3. Manami Toyota vs Toshie Uematsu
4. OZ Tag Title Tournament Quarterfinal: Mayumi Ozaki & Hiren vs Dynamite Kansai & Tomoka Nakagawa
5. OZ Tag Title Tournament Quarterfinal: KAORU & Takako Inoue vs Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato

CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2008, 09:09:34 AM »
aja's ego indeed is as big as hers (hence her pointing out her experience quotient compared to toyota)

Offline Her Majesty Queen Kori I

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • Joshi Fans
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »
Oh come on.  Oz is one of the few promotions where the wrestlers are actual characters.  It's just for show and to get some heat going on the tournament.
You so much as TOUCH kitty's ass, and I'll put a firecracker in your nutsack and blow your balls all over your pants!

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2008, 11:23:28 AM »
yeah, and the storyline just keeps becoming interesting
and after watching the match between aja and hiroyo on lucky's youtube account, they worked better as opponents than as tag team partners
(am i the only one who noticed that?)

Offline conchinette

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2008, 06:25:35 AM »

It appears that Aja teaming with Manami rather than Hiroyo was mainly to piss off Dynamite, who had already agreed to take on a less experienced partner.  Aja pointed out that Toyota has less experience than her. (Note: by one year, 1986 vs 1987)  *haha

That's one fantastic swerve to pull on Kansai.  *hee

I'd like Oz and Hiren to at least advance to the semis.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2008, 09:47:03 AM »
match 3 is something i don't remember seeing before and would be looking forward to seeing it hopefully
match 5 is an overload of bitchiness (aishite masu, takako)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2008, 08:02:35 AM »
Pieced together from several blog reports and I'm shaky on a few details (I'll explain below).

Shinjuku FACE

1. Handicap Match: Mayumi Ozaki & Takako Inoue defeated Dynamite Kansai (9:16) when Ozaki used a Backfist on Kansai. (tons of interference in this match)
2. Ran Yu-Yu defeated Obacchi Iizuka (0:08) with an Cradle.
2a. Restart: Ran Yu-Yu defeated Obacchi Iizuka (13:07) with a Running Elbow Smash.
3. Aja Kong, AKINO, & Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Devil Masami, Carlos Amano, & Kana when Kong used a Backdrop on Kana.
4. Manami Toyota defeated Toshie Uematsu with the Japanese Ocean Queen Bee Bomb.
5. OZ Tag Title Tournament Quarterfinal: Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato defeated KAORU & Hiren (20:48) when Kato used the Crown's Gate on ???.

Originally Dynamite and Tomoka Nakagawa were supposed to wrestle in the tag tournament, but with Nakagawa's shoulder injury, they ended up not getting a replacement.  As best as I can tell, Kansai had to forfeit the tournament match while Ozaki switched her faction's teams around, as Ozaki is now teaming with Takako and KAORU gets Hiren.  Then we got a 2-on-1 handicap match which was really more like a 5-on-1 handicap match against Dynamite.  I'm confused.  I thought Carlos Amano was in charge now and we weren't going to have any more of this shit.  *crazy   

Apparently Iizuka got pinned immediately and Ran didn't want to give her a restart, so she started crying and Ran finally relented.

I guess Aja wanted to demonstrate to Hiroyo how to use the Backdrop Suplex. 

I hope this show made some sort of TV, as I'd like to see Toshie against Manami, along with Toshie against Mariko from NEO earlier this week.  Uematsu ends up just another victim of the Queen Bee Bomb.

I'm not sure who took the pin in the last match.  I've seen blog reports with both KAORU and Hiren listed as the loser.  I'm inclined to believe Hiren did the job, as that would be standard, but I'm not sure.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline HybridOctopus.Ozaki-lover

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2008, 01:31:43 PM »
can someone please tell me what a Ozakick

Offline HybridOctopus.Ozaki-lover

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
OZ ACADEMY "THE WIZARD OF OZ ARIAKE MAX" April 12, 2008
Differ Ariake

1. GAMI defeated Bullfight Sora (7:19) with a Cradle.
2. Leatherface defeated Shirigami (7:18) when Shirigami is disqualified for using a Flame Attack.
3. Devil Masami defeated Kana (3:23) with the Fire Valley.
4. Aja Kong & Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Dynamite Kansai & Tomoka Nakagawa (10:48) when Matsumoto used a Backdrop on Nakagawa.
5. Yoshiko Tamura & Misae Genki defeated Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato (18:30) when Genki used a Jumping Powerbomb on Nagashima.
6. Handicap Match: KAORU, Takako Inoue, & Hiren defeated Manami Toyota & AKINO (12:58) when KAORU used a Huricanrana on Toyota after a Stun Gun Attack from Inoue.
7. WIZARD OF OZ: Carlos Amano (c) defeated Mayumi Ozaki (23:07) by 2 falls to 1.
7a. Ozaki pins Amano (7:38) with a Shining Yakuza Kick.
7b. Amano submits Ozaki  (9:25) with an Armbar.
7c. Amano pins Ozaki (6:04) after using the Tequila Sunrise.

Amano retains the OZ Academy Championship and the position of Principal.  Ozaki loses her hair.

My comments:
Match #1: Whatever.
Match #2: Whatever.
Match #3: Apparently Masami said nice things about Kana after the match.
Match #4: It looks like Nakagawa might be a part of the Amano/Kansai faction now, as she seems to be Dynamite's protege much like Hiroyo is now Aja's protege.  Isn't Yoshida enough for these girls?  *haha
Match #5: I'm guessing this isn't the last we'll see of these four together.
Match #6: Because of Ran's injury, it was made into a handicap match. Aja & Hiroyo prevented Police & Mika from interfering. Hiren WINS!!! Hiren WINS!!! OK, it sounds like she had little to nothing to do with the win, as Takako used the stun gun on Manami to allow KAORU to score the pinfall.
Match #7: Among the multitude of stipulations (no time limit, street fight, falls count anywhere, no count outs, no outside interference, Carlos can't use her Ghosn finisher), we didn't realize it was 2 of 3 falls.  I'm happy Carlos won, as if Ozaki had won we'd just be back to a fairly dull state of OZ.  Somebody should have put Amano over like this years ago, but Carlos wins everything: the title, control of the promotion, Ozaki's hair, and Ozaki's pride.  I love Carlos using Mayumi's Tequila Sunrise to win the match since the Carlos Ghosn was banned.  What a slap in the face!!!

were can you see that hair match

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2008, 01:52:45 PM »
OZ ACADEMY "THE WIZARD OF OZ ARIAKE MAX" April 12, 2008
Differ Ariake

1. GAMI defeated Bullfight Sora (7:19) with a Cradle.
2. Leatherface defeated Shirigami (7:18) when Shirigami is disqualified for using a Flame Attack.
3. Devil Masami defeated Kana (3:23) with the Fire Valley.
4. Aja Kong & Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Dynamite Kansai & Tomoka Nakagawa (10:48) when Matsumoto used a Backdrop on Nakagawa.
5. Yoshiko Tamura & Misae Genki defeated Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato (18:30) when Genki used a Jumping Powerbomb on Nagashima.
6. Handicap Match: KAORU, Takako Inoue, & Hiren defeated Manami Toyota & AKINO (12:58) when KAORU used a Huricanrana on Toyota after a Stun Gun Attack from Inoue.
7. WIZARD OF OZ: Carlos Amano (c) defeated Mayumi Ozaki (23:07) by 2 falls to 1.
7a. Ozaki pins Amano (7:38) with a Shining Yakuza Kick.
7b. Amano submits Ozaki  (9:25) with an Armbar.
7c. Amano pins Ozaki (6:04) after using the Tequila Sunrise.

Amano retains the OZ Academy Championship and the position of Principal.  Ozaki loses her hair.

My comments:
Match #1: Whatever.
Match #2: Whatever.
Match #3: Apparently Masami said nice things about Kana after the match.
Match #4: It looks like Nakagawa might be a part of the Amano/Kansai faction now, as she seems to be Dynamite's protege much like Hiroyo is now Aja's protege.  Isn't Yoshida enough for these girls?  *haha
Match #5: I'm guessing this isn't the last we'll see of these four together.
Match #6: Because of Ran's injury, it was made into a handicap match. Aja & Hiroyo prevented Police & Mika from interfering. Hiren WINS!!! Hiren WINS!!! OK, it sounds like she had little to nothing to do with the win, as Takako used the stun gun on Manami to allow KAORU to score the pinfall.
Match #7: Among the multitude of stipulations (no time limit, street fight, falls count anywhere, no count outs, no outside interference, Carlos can't use her Ghosn finisher), we didn't realize it was 2 of 3 falls.  I'm happy Carlos won, as if Ozaki had won we'd just be back to a fairly dull state of OZ.  Somebody should have put Amano over like this years ago, but Carlos wins everything: the title, control of the promotion, Ozaki's hair, and Ozaki's pride.  I love Carlos using Mayumi's Tequila Sunrise to win the match since the Carlos Ghosn was banned.  What a slap in the face!!!

were can you see that hair match

You'll have to wait til purojitsu puts it up. I'll up it to Veoh, when that happens.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2008, 07:29:53 AM »
Here's a cleaned-up version of the results from the 9th from http://www.oz-a.com/result/2008-05.html.  There are a few photos there and a lot on http://blog.livedoor.jp/oznekosennin.

Shinjuku FACE

1. Handicap Match: Mayumi Ozaki & Takako Inoue defeated Dynamite Kansai (9:16) when Ozaki used an Ozakick on Kansai.
2. Ran Yu-Yu defeated Obacchi Iizuka (0:08) with an Cradle.
2a. Restart: Ran Yu-Yu defeated Obacchi Iizuka (13:07) with a Running Elbow Smash.
3. Aja Kong, AKINO, & Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Devil Masami, Carlos Amano, & Kana (23:25) when Kong used a Backdrop on Kana.
4. Manami Toyota defeated Toshie Uematsu (13:21) with the Japanese Ocean Queen Bee Bomb.
5. OZ Tag Title Tournament Quarterfinal: Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato defeated KAORU & Hiren (21:46) when Kato used the Crown's Gate on KAORU.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2008, 08:29:03 AM »
 *bwah at the 8 second match
unfortunately, despite restarting it, ran yuyu still won (bad for obacchi)

hiren is still ... a jobber
 *give
bad for KAORU

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2008, 10:02:31 AM »
I'm surprised KAORU took the fall. Other than that no surprises.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »
First, as I saw a few days ago on the Shout Box from billzero and today at the lucha board at DVDVR, the OZ Academy is going to Mexico to participate in AAA's yearly "Reina de Reinas" tournament on May 25th.  The format is there are 3 semifinal matches with 5 competitors and the 3 winners advance to the finals.  Oh, and Ayako will be there as well.

Group 1: Carlos Amano, Ayako Hamada, Cynthia Moreno, La Diabolica, Estrellita
Group 2: Chikayo Nagashima, Sonoko Kato, Mari Apache, Martha Villalobos, Sexy Star
Group 3: Mayumi Ozaki, Dynamite Kansai, AKINO, Fabi Apache, Vicki Carranza

Honestly, I don't expect anyone from OZ to make the finals.  Ayako has the best chance of the Japanese workers to advance, largely because she's half-Mexican and known to the AAA fans.

I don't know if they are working any other matches in Mexico while they are there.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »
is AAA that predictable that the only girl you expect to advance is The Ayako?

come on, AKINO, ozaki and nagashima are there
you can't definitely ignore them

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2008, 11:04:20 AM »
The format is there are 3 semifinal matches with 5 competitors...
I'm confused on this format. How will 5 wrestlers compete in three matches to determine one finalist?

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2008, 11:32:26 AM »
is AAA that predictable that the only girl you expect to advance is The Ayako?

come on, AKINO, ozaki and nagashima are there
you can't definitely ignore them
The Apache sisters are feuding and not in the same group so yeah, no way in hell a Japanese worker comes out victorious in their groups. Hamada will win her block because she's already semi-involved in the feud siding with Gran Apache and Mari.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2008, 11:37:48 AM »
The format is there are 3 semifinal matches with 5 competitors...
I'm confused on this format. How will 5 wrestlers compete in three matches to determine one finalist?

There are 15 wrestlers: the winner of each of the 5 way matches advance to the final, which will be a 3 way match.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2008, 12:15:13 PM »
but ayako is more like a sideshow/midcarder on the apache family feud
reina de reinas is supposed to have its own storyline, shouldn't it?

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2008, 12:32:42 PM »
It looks like it will be Fabi, Mari and probably Ayako from their respective groups through to that three way.  The others probably won't get a look in.

I was reading PUNQ's review of the commercial version of the Plum memorial OZ show. I definitely wouldn't mind getting hold of that, even if, apparently, Minoru f'ing Suzuki no sold Kansai's diving footstomp.  What a wanker.  *bwah
I may drop you on your head