Author Topic: Oz Academy  (Read 178692 times)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
Re: Oz Academy
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2008, 03:07:14 PM »
1. Daiken Trade & Industry Offer Match (???): Leatherface vs God of Death
So is this the FMW/IWA Leatherface there was a death scare on a few years back? Other one is probably just called Shinigami.

Haven't there been about 90 guys using the Leatherface gimmick or some variation of it in Japan? There was an AWFUL scum indie guy named Shinigami who used to get booked with Onryo a lot in the late 90s/early 00s... Worked a ton of BJW undercards as well.

Somehow Shinigami and Kana were a tag team in January in All Japan. Random strangeness.
All in your head, never happened. On the other hand the two were on the opposites sides against each other's team in AJPW back in January. AJPW does that sometimes taking in offer matches (once or twice a tour) from really small indy promotions on normally non-taped shows.

I remember them together. It must have been against each other. There were also unknown people in costumes running around ringside including a midget in the match. All Japan sure has changed.
Still probably part of the offer match group. Don't see that normally in AJPW.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2008, 07:22:55 AM »
We don't have the complete card for OZ's Differ Ariake show on 4/12 yet, but we do have (maybe) the complete list of stipulations for the WIZARD of OZ main event between Carlos Amano and Mayumi Ozaki, with both the title and the control (principal's office) of the promotion on the line.

1. The seconds may not intrude.
2. Free weapons use
3. Falls count anywhere
4. No time limit
5. The Carlos Ghosn (Amano's main finisher) is prohibited
6. Match can only be won by pinfall or submission (no DQs, countouts)
7. The loser has their head shaved.

CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2008, 03:23:25 PM »
We don't have the complete card for OZ's Differ Ariake show on 4/12 yet, but we do have (maybe) the complete list of stipulations for the WIZARD of OZ main event between Carlos Amano and Mayumi Ozaki, with both the title and the control (principal's office) of the promotion on the line.

1. The seconds may not intrude.
2. Free weapons use
3. Falls count anywhere
4. No time limit
5. The Carlos Ghosn (Amano's main finisher) is prohibited
6. Match can only be won by pinfall or submission (no DQs, countouts)
7. The loser has their head shaved.

Now I have found the complete card, from http://spora.jp/oz-academy/archive/13/0. I think what is going on with this different version of the OZ Academy blog, rather than http://blog.livedoor.jp/ozacademy is that the different factions have different blogs (nice touch of kayfabe).

OZ ACADEMY "THE WIZARD OF OZ ARIAKE MAX" April 12, 2008
Tokyo Differ Ariake

1. GAMI vs Bullfight Sora
2. Leatherface vs Shirigami
3. Devil Masami vs Kana
4. Aja Kong & Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Dynamite Kansai & Tomoka Nakagawa
5. Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato vs Yoshiko Tamura & Misae Genki
6. KAORU, Takako Inoue, & Hiren vs Manami Toyota, AKINO, & Ran Yu-Yu
7. The Wizard of Oz: Carlos Amano (c) vs Mayumi Ozaki

Match #1 looks like a weekday WAVE match and Match #2 is just random indy weirdness.  Match #3 is strange, as I'm not sure why OZ brought in Kana to face Devil, as Kana hasn't been involved in any OZ storylines and to my knowledge has no history with Masami.

Match #4 is kind of interesting, with the Ibuki girls against each other with heavyweight partners.  I wonder if Tomoka is going to join the Amano/Kansai/Nagashima/Kato faction-they need a youngster to match up with Hiroyo in Aja's group and Hiren in Ozaki's group.

Match #5 should be good.  Hopefully they'll give them a good amount of time and not do any standard Oz Academy run-in bullshit.  Match #6 is apparently Hiren in training to be a crazy evil bitch.  I hope KAORU and Takako take her to the trashy joshi outfit store and she dumps her SENDAI uniform. According to JWP, Ran's hurt, so I'm not sure if she'll be back for this match or not.  If not, I suspect they'll just make it a handicap match. 

Match #7 might be great.  It might be a TNA-esque mess.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 03:25:17 PM by JOSH Chisako »
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2008, 04:18:13 PM »
TNA-esque mess: is that a compliment or an insult?
knowing the kind of title matches TNA is into, you skewer my mind

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »

Looks like OZ tore up COLOSSEO last week during a Press Conference. Is that Ozaki and Amano?

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »
not so sure about that but i can tell POLICE and kato from the background

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »

Looks like OZ tore up COLOSSEO last week during a Press Conference. Is that Ozaki and Amano?

I'm almost positive that's Ozaki and Amano fighting.  It sort of reminds me of when Ozaki and KAORU were brawling in the GAEA TV studio just before their big hardcore match at the 5th Anniversary show in 2000-the same show that had Aja vs Meiko for the GAEA title and the Crush Girls reunion against Devil Masami and Akira Hokuto.  That was a fun show.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2008, 07:47:19 AM »
i read it's no DQ but the carlos ghosn is banned
i think that is a contradictory statement (read: no dq)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2008, 08:34:10 AM »
i read it's no DQ but the carlos ghosn is banned
i think that is a contradictory statement (read: no dq)

Yeah, it's no DQ with Carlos's finisher and outside interference banned.  I guess all the ref can do is to refuse to count for a pin if Carlos uses the Ghosn or if Ozaki uses her friends.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2008, 07:18:14 AM »
OZ ACADEMY "THE WIZARD OF OZ ARIAKE MAX" April 12, 2008
Differ Ariake

1. GAMI defeated Bullfight Sora (7:19) with a Cradle.
2. Leatherface defeated Shirigami (7:18) when Shirigami is disqualified for using a Flame Attack.
3. Devil Masami defeated Kana (3:23) with the Fire Valley.
4. Aja Kong & Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Dynamite Kansai & Tomoka Nakagawa (10:48) when Matsumoto used a Backdrop on Nakagawa.
5. Yoshiko Tamura & Misae Genki defeated Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato (18:30) when Genki used a Jumping Powerbomb on Nagashima.
6. Handicap Match: KAORU, Takako Inoue, & Hiren defeated Manami Toyota & AKINO (12:58) when KAORU used a Huricanrana on Toyota after a Stun Gun Attack from Inoue.
7. WIZARD OF OZ: Carlos Amano (c) defeated Mayumi Ozaki (23:07) by 2 falls to 1.
7a. Ozaki pins Amano (7:38) with a Shining Yakuza Kick.
7b. Amano submits Ozaki  (9:25) with an Armbar.
7c. Amano pins Ozaki (6:04) after using the Tequila Sunrise.

Amano retains the OZ Academy Championship and the position of Principal.  Ozaki loses her hair.

My comments:
Match #1: Whatever.
Match #2: Whatever.
Match #3: Apparently Masami said nice things about Kana after the match.
Match #4: It looks like Nakagawa might be a part of the Amano/Kansai faction now, as she seems to be Dynamite's protege much like Hiroyo is now Aja's protege.  Isn't Yoshida enough for these girls?  *haha
Match #5: I'm guessing this isn't the last we'll see of these four together.
Match #6: Because of Ran's injury, it was made into a handicap match. Aja & Hiroyo prevented Police & Mika from interfering. Hiren WINS!!! Hiren WINS!!! OK, it sounds like she had little to nothing to do with the win, as Takako used the stun gun on Manami to allow KAORU to score the pinfall.
Match #7: Among the multitude of stipulations (no time limit, street fight, falls count anywhere, no count outs, no outside interference, Carlos can't use her Ghosn finisher), we didn't realize it was 2 of 3 falls.  I'm happy Carlos won, as if Ozaki had won we'd just be back to a fairly dull state of OZ.  Somebody should have put Amano over like this years ago, but Carlos wins everything: the title, control of the promotion, Ozaki's hair, and Ozaki's pride.  I love Carlos using Mayumi's Tequila Sunrise to win the match since the Carlos Ghosn was banned.  What a slap in the face!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:54:24 AM by JOSH Chisako »
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2008, 08:05:47 AM »
Nobody EVER beats somebody with their own finisher.  If somebody uses their opponents finisher you can usually guarentee they will be losing the match.  I would think that was a good match.
Hiren wins!!  A handicap tag match...Still, seeing as her partners were KAORU and Takako who you could say don't win that often against Manami and AKINO then it's not too bad.  Special note, WWE.  Here is how to book a handicap match, with the handicapped team ACTUALLY LOSING. And you can have them get beat with a little bit of cheating to keep them strong, rather than them beating their opponents without breaking a sweat and making the opposition look like chumps.
I may drop you on your head

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2008, 08:47:18 AM »
Special note, WWE.  Here is how to book a handicap match, with the handicapped team ACTUALLY LOSING. And you can have them get beat with a little bit of cheating to keep them strong, rather than them beating their opponents without breaking a sweat and making the opposition look like chumps.
Wow, that was fairly random and had no reason to be said.

Anyways the show looks ok. It really seems like Matsumoto is the only one who is really doing anything thus far with her aligning with a group in Oz. It was even fully know if Nakagawa was actually i a group and Hiren just seems to be doing nothing.

5. Would have been so much more interesting if Tamura/Genki were still tag champs in NEO.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:53:25 AM by Eivion »
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2008, 08:56:56 AM »
Nobody EVER beats somebody with their own finisher.  If somebody uses their opponents finisher you can usually guarentee they will be losing the match.  I would think that was a good match.

I may be wrong but Manami Toyota once pinned Hokuto with the Northern lights bomb.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2008, 10:24:17 AM »

I may be wrong but Manami Toyota once pinned Hokuto with the Northern lights bomb.

Yeah, she did. Two of them in a row for the win.  Come on, i didnt really mean ever, I was just being overly dramatic!  *bwah

And my comment on handicap matches wasn't that random as it was actually concerning handicap matches. I was merely stating that I think they should - 95% of the time - be booked that way and making the comparison with the way the E tends to book them these days.  Why should anybody give a shit that somebody gets booked in one when they always end up winning pretty comfortably anyway? I don't really see a problem with what I said, you know?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:32:18 AM by DAN »

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2008, 10:59:15 AM »
Thats kind of bullshit. It was just a random stab at WWE. Its fine if you don't like the way they book their stuff, but to go into a short rant about disliking their handicap matches is random and stupid in a joshi thread. There really was nothing calling for a comparison, especially when one promotion's style generally calls for their upper card guys to look on a fairly higher level than their mid carders.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:02:21 AM by Eivion »
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Viscount Ultimo, 1st Viscount Tiger of Joshifans

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
  • Kick! Submission! TIIIGGGGAAAAHHHHH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2008, 11:30:29 AM »
Ok folks, try not to turn this into a WWE Vs Joshi Puroresu fest.

And I have seen many people win nicking others finishers.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »
Oh don't worry I had no intention of letting it go that far. I just dislike random stabs at WWE in joshi threads that have nothing to do with WWE.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Viscount Ultimo, 1st Viscount Tiger of Joshifans

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
  • Kick! Submission! TIIIGGGGAAAAHHHHH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2008, 12:05:05 PM »
Yeah I was aiming it more at that other person who brought it up.

Naughty DAN >:(

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2008, 05:52:19 PM »
Bollocks.  It's all wrestling. I really don't see the problem when the methods are all the same.  And I'm not trying to start any kind of WWE versus Joshi discussion.  I was merely pointing out an instance were I thought it was good booking.  Especially when I think that most of the E booking is pretty good actually and I often get suckered in by it.  So in this case, unlike most of the time where I wouldnt be interested in causing any kind of bother, I feel pretty comfortable saying you are completely over reacting. 
Anyway, the angles are interesting to me and it's good to see OZ trying to freshen up and involve an expanded roster and to actually raise some girls up through what they are doing. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 04:33:22 AM by DAN »

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2008, 08:45:14 AM »
Special note, WWE.  Here is how to book a handicap match...
Yeah... I mean it's not like WWE makes money or anything. They could use some pointers.

That sarcastic note aside, I'm really looking forward to seeing this OZ show.

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2008, 11:05:10 AM »
A tag title is being added to OZ Academy and a tournament will be held at the next show (May 9th) to decide the first champions. I'm not sure if it's a one-day tournament or not.  From what I can gather, this seems to be Aja's idea and Carlos agreed to it.  I think there will be a "veteran and youngster" with the teams, as Aja suggested this as well. 

I'm sure that Aja imagines Hiroyo and herself winning the tournament, as they will be a team.  The other team announced was Dynamite Kansai & Tomoka Nakagawa.  This could be kind of cool and similar to JWP's Discover New Heroine tourney from last year.  I'd expect Hiren to team with Ozaki or KAORU and some of the other Sendai girls will probably tag with people like Carlos, Chikayo, and Sonoko.

If they want a really cool tourney, I'd get Genki/Yuki (they won last year), Nakajima/Hyuga (or someone else from JWP), and Ohata/Yoshida (or similar Ibuki team).  Find some people to work with AKINO and Toyota and we should have a couple shows worth of stuff.
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »
Is the vet/youth team the concept of the titles in general or just for the tournament?

Could be fun. It will at least make use of the young girls being used in Oz instead of just being fillers.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2008, 04:07:05 PM »
Takako Inoue has posted some pictures on her blog http://ameblo.jp/takaco-i/entry-10088171730.html, as has http://blog.livedoor.jp/oznekosennin/.

There are some cool pictures at Takako's site, including a cool one of the full Ozaki Army Corps.  Hiren was wearing a dark warmup suit, but still seems to be wrestling in her red Sendai uniform, which makes no sense to me.  You'd think Ozaki would tell her she looks like a dork and the bad girls would find Hiren some black leather hand-me-downs.

As far as Eivion's question, I have no idea.  I'm not even 100% sure that all of the teams will end up being vet/youth.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:25:24 PM by JOSH Chisako »
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2008, 07:02:20 AM »
The details of the OZ tournament for the newly created tag team title has been released.  There will be 7 teams in the tournament (why not 8?) and as you will see, they didn't totally go with the veteran/youngster theme, as they didn't include any youngsters not already involved in current OZ storylines.  Tournament matches will have a 30 minute time limit and a 10 minute overtime if necessary.  Interference by seconds is an immediate disqualification.

May 9, 2008
Shinjuku FACE

A: Mayumi Ozaki & Hiren vs Dynamite Kansai & Tomoka Nakagawa
B: KAORU & Takako Inoue vs Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato

June 7, 2008
Shinjuku FACE

C: Aja Kong & Manami Toyota vs Carlos Amano & X

June 8, 2008
Osaka Taisho Azalea Hall

D: Winner of A vs Winner of C
E: Winner of B vs AKINO & Hiroyo Matsumoto

July 13, 2008
Shinjuku FACE

F: Winner of D vs Winner of E

A few things I don't get.  Why not have some 8th team to job (say the Sendai sisters) so no bye is needed?  Also, why is Hiroyo now teaming with AKINO rather than Aja?  I guess Aja wants to win so much that she'll dump her protege and get crazy ol' Manami instead. 
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2008, 08:16:29 AM »
The non-teaming of Hiryoyo with Aja would make me think their two teams would meet and Aja gets to say some "encouraging" crap to her sort-of protoge, perhaps post match after an ass beating, but those brackets don't look to lead to that very well. It would have to be the finals.