Author Topic: Hiromi Yagi  (Read 3823 times)

Offline ohtanisjacket

• View Profile
Hiromi Yagi
« on: December 23, 2007, 05:26:02 AM »

One of the best Joshi workers to debut in the 90s. Any Yagi fans here?

Offline twisted

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Hiromi Yagi
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:15:03 AM »
I only watched a match of hers (vs Tiger dream) and what I saw really impressed me. Do you have some informations about her? I suppose she had quite a short career, but I don't know if the cause was injury or something else...

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 10:59:33 AM »
I've really enjoyed the few Yagi matches I have seen so far. Why did she retire anyway? Did she wrestle anywhere before ARSION?

thatdude21601

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 12:23:17 PM »
Did she wrestle anywhere before ARSION?

She debuted for JWP in 1994. She was one of those super rookies that was good right away.

Offline ohtanisjacket

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 01:21:11 PM »
I only watched a match of hers (vs Tiger dream) and what I saw really impressed me. Do you have some informations about her? I suppose she had quite a short career, but I don't know if the cause was injury or something else...

She wrestled in JWP from '94-97. She was quite old when she debut (22), coming out of University. She first retired in '97 to get married, but she was back freelancing in '98. Most people know her from her freelance performances in ARSION (including two excellent matches against Yoshida), but she worked J'd, BattlARTS and several other promotions too. She retired in 2004, IIRC. I'm pretty sure she got divorced as well, though I don't know when.

Her background was in judo, which she competed in at collegiate level.

Offline UnstableProtagonist

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • http://demeteriusstevens.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 01:30:42 PM »
I've seen Yagi in a few of her Arison matches, and she was quite impressive on the mat. I am yet to see her match against Yoshida, though.

Offline Mizztrezz

• I Live Here
  • YouTube 女子プロレス LEGEND!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 11:06:32 PM »
I only know her from her ARSION matches (the few I have, anyway), and she's a good 'un, all right.  From what I know, both she and AKINO seem to have something in common (debuting relatively late in age, I mean, and of course being awesome from the get-go).  So.....

any Yagi-AKINO matches out there???
http://www.youtube.com/user/DoubleMiz
http://www.veoh.com/users/Ringmistress
Twitter: @Double_Miz
Always have been, always will be McMahon-free zones

Offline ohtanisjacket

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 06:46:58 AM »
The only Yagi/AKINO match I know of is Rie Tamada & Hiromi Yagi vs. Ayako Hamada & Mika Akino, 6/30/99.

Tradition Rules

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 07:03:58 AM »
YES!

Other Hiromi Yagi fans!

When she retired the first time in '97, JWP was going trough a rough time. It was considered the year of their fall from grace.

Plum Mariko died in the ring, Cutie Suzuki retired shortly after due do her losing her passion form the business after Mariko died,  Mayumi Ozaki worked less and less for them ( being the one who delivered the fatal Lygerbomb to Mariko) and more and more for GAEA Japan. Davil Masami also worked more and more for GAEA and JWP's Champ, Hikari Fukuoka retired after multiple back injuries.  I also believe this was ALSO the same time Candy Okutsu retired for her first tiem as well.

JWP was very big on Yagi and were quite dissaponted when she retired, as thay had big plans for the small woman, ala Ozaki. As was said, she was considered a super rookie.

When she retuned as a freelancer, working mostly for ARSION, she won the Twin Star of ARSION Tag Title with Rie Tamada. Her work with Battlarts & Michinoku Pro came about from the working agreement between the three promotions that begain with the P*MIX (mixed gender) Tag Team Title Tournament.

She wa great with her submissions, throws and high flying. She had a grea dropkick and threw a very nice, stiff elbow too. An overall great worker.

T.R!

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 03:23:16 PM »

i wonder where she is now