Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 227092 times)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #1200 on: January 08, 2016, 09:19:24 PM »
Stardom 12/6/15,  Rookie of the Year - Saori Anou vs. Hiromi Mimura, Starlight Kid vs. Jungle Kyouna, Hiromi Mura vs. Jungle Kyouna
Nothing particularly good here. Everyone debuted only in October and November so all are still pretty green. Does seem like Mimura's getting a bit better but seeing as I found her to initially be the worst that isn't much of a compliment. One thing I have to say is that while I like Kyouna's power gimmick it does feel less impressive against a kid/tween/teen in Starlight Kid and Mimura who is just so damn small.

Stardom 12/6/15, Artist of Stardom titles (vacant) - Shirai/Iwatanai/Watanabe vs. Matsumoto/Skater/Evie vs. Yasukawa/Kimura/Wolf
Generally goofy but fun with the occasional decent action. This was probably one of the more enjoyable matches for this title.

Stardom 12/23/15, Artist of Stardom - Hiroyo Matsumoto, Kellie Skater, & Evie (c) vs. Jungle Kyouna, Hiromi Mimura, & Momo Watanabe
Not a great match but decent with the rookies looking better than expected (ie not a total slaughter). Mimura is looking more comfortable and picking up her pace though again she is just so small with seemingly no power in any of her attacks. Even Kyouna seemed small next to all of Hyper Destroyers which might explain why she saw little time in this one.

Stardom 12/23/15, World of Stardom - Meiko Satomura (c) vs. Io Shirai
This probably has a bit of overkill, but damn was it great and probably at least on par with Meiko/Kairi from June the same year. The action was fantastic and the way the match built really does put over why Io is Stardom's ace. Meiko is still the force she was against Kairi & Mayu, but Io is just much more confident, willful, and fearless than they were. And the match builds into this idea well with what she survives and how much more momentum she builds with her comebacks over time. I also love the finish as a shout out and revenge for Kairi & Mayu's losses. Easily Io's best performance and match from 2015.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:57:37 AM by Eivion »
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 17, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »
Stardom 1/10/16 - Hiromi Mimura vs. Haruka Kato
This was pretty decent match. The two managed to gel well together, and Mimura continues to show some real improvement with far more confidence in what she is doing. Its really helping her speed up her pace and keep the flow of matches going. Hopefully she continues to improve.

Stardom 1/10/16 - Kyoko Kimura & Kris Wolf vs. Viper & Kaitlin Diemond
Kind of light with a fair bit of comedy so nothing particularly special or worthwhile. Still it had its fun moment and the gaijin seemed to have already become decently comfortable to the style so there wasn't much awkwardness.

Stardom 1/10/16, Goddess of Stardom - Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Jungle Kyouna & Momo Watanabe
This was pretty fun. The action was decent. The rookies got to impress. And we got a bit of dickish Io which is my favorite Io. Outside of one bad flub this was one of Momo's better performances. This was Kyouna's best outing yet. She finally felt like the power wrestler she is supposed to be with the moments they set up for her. This was good match, one of the better ones I can recall from the Thunder Rock team.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 19, 2016, 05:59:38 PM »
Some year-end stuff from 2015.

SEAdLINNNG 11/25/2015 - Arisa Nakajima & Rina Yamashita vs. Meiko Tanaka & Takumi Iroha
On one hand I miss Iroha in Stardom, on the other hand we now have her in incredible match ups like this. Nakajima is the GOAT as usual. Yamashita is Yoshiko 2.0, in all the best ways. And idk a lot about Tanaka, but she has looked impressive in the three matches I've seen from her this year. Brilliant work. I really dig these SEAdLINNNG cards. The company doesn't have much of an identity of its own, but they sure know how to cram together a good 'dream match' card. ***3/4

OZ Academy 12/13/2015 - OZ Academy Tag Championship: Mission K4 (Kagetsu & Kaho Kobayashi) (c) vs. Kaori Yoneyama & Tsubasa Kuragaki
Very exciting sprint tag; a well-orchestrated spotfest, more or less. The action just keeps going and flows well. Love these kinds of tag matches. Kagetsu was all over the place here; impressive work from her. Yoneyama always knows how to step things up when needed. ***1/2

OZ Academy 12/13/2015 - OZ Academy Openweight Championship: Sonoka Kato (c) vs. Yumi Ohka
This match contains two major breakthroughs in the world of wrestling, first there is Ohka's liberal use of a KATANA as a weapon, and then there is a legit in-ring crucifixion. Kato Christ died for our sins. I recall reading an OZ Academy review some years ago where someone said something along the lines of "why don't they just use a gun".. well they use just about everything you can think of here. It was entertaining. ***

WAVE 12/23/2015 - Dual Shockwave Tag Championship: Las Aventureras (Ayako Hamada & Yuu Yamagata) (c) vs. Avid Rival (Misaki Ohata & Ryo Mizunami)
Clocking in at about 30 minutes, this match is longer than your typical joshi tag team match. I liked some of the spots they built here, but again, it's almost 30 minutes long and there isn't a lot here to justify the length of the match, esp. the end result. This match served as something of a prelude to Hamada/Yamagata later that week, so you would think they would build heat between them by having them screw up and lose the belts.. seemed like the prefect time for them to do so, but what do I know. ***1/2

REINA 12/26/2015 -  Reina World Women's Championship: Tsukasa Fujimoto (c) vs. Maki Narumiya
Narumiya's run with this promotion has been awful, tbh, but she obviously has good chemistry with her former IR colleague Fujimoto. They managed to fill in lots of drama in the short time frame -- if you know the history between these two it makes the match all the more dramatic. Rare good REINA match. ***1/4

JWP 12/27/2015 - JWP Tag & Daily Sports Tag Championship: Jumonji Sisters (DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko) (c) vs. Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto)
Exhilarating roller coaster chock full of innovative double teams and GERMAN SUPLEX WARZ. Best Friends/Thunder Rock has to happen this year. plz. ***3/4

Ice Ribbon 12/31/2015 - International Ribbon Tag Team Championship: Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) (c) vs. Avid Rival (Misaki Ohata & Ryo Mizunami)
About as wonderfully violent as you'd expect from any match involving Nakajima/Ohata/Mizunami in the same ring. Fujimoto is there to get DESTROYED. Her size and general likability makes for a good FIP, and a good comeback. Excellent clash. ****

Ice Ribbon 12/31/2015 - ICEŚ∞ Championship:  Aoi Kizuki (c) vs. Hamuko Hoshi
Kizuki and Hoshi have both had great matches, but this.. just no. Such a dull, void of a match. no

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 29, 2016, 06:14:00 AM »
Stardom 1/17/2015 - High Speed Championship: Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. KLR
Stardom needs to bring in more European gaijin. They always seem to deliver. Kay Lee Ray has some innovative ways of inflicting damage (those Gory bombs into the turnbuckles!) that are sold brilliantly by Mayu, which make her comebacks all the more effective. The action is very fluid, and gritty, and 'high speed', and they told a good story in just under 15 minutes. This title run is cementing Mayu as a proper singles competitor. Awesome showcase of both talents. ***3/4

Stardom 1/17/2016 - World of Stardom Championship: Io Shirai (c) vs. Kairi Hojo
I guess they were going for a New Japan-style epic, but it didn't work out, IMO. The middle portion DRAGGED like hell with a seemingly endless exchange of moves that I felt had no real effect on the outcome of the match. It felt like stalling to fill time. The filler becomes so obvious you would think the match was going to end in a timeout draw. Also, I could live without seeing that absurd wall spot ever again. The final act was where things actually started to pick up and get interesting (GODDAMN, THOSE ROLLING PACKAGED GERMAN SUPLEXES!). It saved this match from being an utter disappointment. **3/4

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 30, 2016, 09:33:53 AM »
Stardom 1/17/2015, High Speed Championship - Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Kay Lee Ray
Started off slower than expected but built into some solid action. Thought this was a step down from Mayu's match against Rosa Negra match, but still solid overall.

Stardom 1/17/2016, World of Stardom Championship - Io Shirai (c) vs. Kairi Hojo
This was weird for me. I thought the action was good. I thought here were some nifty moments and well built part. And the time actually passed by pretty well despite going around 30 minutes (probably more 27 with clipping). Yet with all of that I still didn't get as much out of this as I expected. It just didn't all come together in way that excited me. Maybe my expectations were too high, but right now I'm actually left thinking their match from last year was better. I think the absence of personality is one thing though that hurt this as part of this did built with Io showing a bit of her dickish side. Even with my complaints the match is still good, just not to the level I was hoping for.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 31, 2016, 06:28:29 AM »
JWP 12/27/2015 - JWP Tag & Daily Sports Tag Championship: Jumonji Sisters (DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko) (c) vs. Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto)
Exhilarating roller coaster chock full of innovative double teams and GERMAN SUPLEX WARZ. Best Friends/Thunder Rock has to happen this year. plz. ***3/4

Ice Ribbon 12/31/2015 - International Ribbon Tag Team Championship: Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) (c) vs. Avid Rival (Misaki Ohata & Ryo Mizunami)
About as wonderfully violent as you'd expect from any match involving Nakajima/Ohata/Mizunami in the same ring. Fujimoto is there to get DESTROYED. Her size and general likability makes for a good FIP, and a good comeback. Excellent clash. ****

Do you know where these matches are available? I'm trying to get back into current joshi and I've seen a lot of praise for these matches elsewhere.

Offline K-Lock

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 31, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »

Do you know where these matches are available? I'm trying to get back into current joshi and I've seen a lot of praise for these matches elsewhere.

Go here http://pastebin.com/u/NaziClown

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 21, 2016, 02:07:23 PM »
Pro Wrestling WAVE 12/25/15 - Meiko Tanaka & S a r e e e vs. Fafrotskies (Kaho Kobayashi & Rina Yamashita)
Really fun, fast-paced tag match from the young lions. S a r e e e e e e e e has evolved beyond the miniature Kurihara act to a solid worker. She's been hanging out with Natsuki and Nanae these days, and incorporating some of their moves into her offense, and even has Natsuki's smiling sun on her attire. I sense a defection from Diana. **

Pro Wrestling WAVE 12/27/15 - Regina Di Wave Championship: Ayako Hamada (c) vs. Yuu Yamagata
A well-paced epic, between two wrestlers who have great chemistry as tag partners and opponents. The match begins with matwork before they start firing on all cylinders. Yamagata has all sorts of neat tricks and counters that only a K-DOJO alumn would know, while Hamada is in a desperate struggle to retain her championship. It never ceases to amaze me how Hamada is able execute her rapid spin kicks so seamlessly, even while fatigued. High-drama action with a shocking ending. ***3/4

Pro Wrestling WAVE 1/3/2016 - Nanae Takahashi vs. Misaki Ohata
Since leaving Stardom, Nanae has been gracing WAVE with magical match ups like this. Enjoyable stuff from both performers; I always enjoy these straight-forward sprint matches. Ohata seems prone to winning the belt this year. Make it happen, FFS, GAMI! ***

OZ Academy 1/10/2016 - OZ Openweight Championship: Sonoko Kato (c) vs. Arisa Nakajima
There was tons of fuckery in this match (even Fujimoto makes a hilarious cameo). And MIO as the crooked referee adds a whole new layer of fuckery to OZ Sekigun affairs. But that's all par for the course in OZ Academy. The one shred of psychology I got from this match was Arisa not gelling well with her new stablemates her first match in the group, which results in a number of slapstick blunders. MK4vSeikigun has been highly entertaining. ***

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 27, 2016, 11:48:33 PM »
Stardom 2/21/16, High Speed Title - Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Evie
Kind of odd. I think Mayu hurt her back legit in this one, but despite some flubs from the damage it actually managed to add a lot of drama to the matcgh. Evie winning became a believable possibility and made for some good near falls and comebacks. Good match overall.

Stardom 2/21/16, Wonder of Stardom - Santana Garrett (c) vs. Kairi Hojo
The match was decent enough, but i still didn't feel much chemistry here. Santana just hasn't really adapted or even attempted to adapt to the style. Her stuff just doesn't work well with hard hitters who also happen to be half a foot smaller than her.

Stardom 2/21/16, World of Stardom - Io Shirai (c) vs. Viper
A simple power vs. speed & perseverance match. This was easily the bets Viper has looked in Stardom. Everything she did had some nice impact to it, and she spent most of the match with a bloody nose bit looking a bit more badass because of it. Io bumped around well and had some nice simple comebacks. the two just worked well together and built up some great moments. The finish was especially nice and makes me realize how ridiculously strong Io is. Damn good match that left me wanting to see more.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 29, 2016, 05:24:53 PM »
Stardom 11/23/2015 - Hiromi Mimura vs. Act Yasukawa
Looks like Yasukawa left us a tiny gem before she retired. I dug her lazy heel approach to this match, which probably was not intentional given her injuries and such, but it helped in a "vet not taking the rookie seriously" way. She was oozing with arrogance. All poor Mimura could do was sell and try for the occasional comeback. ***

Stardom 11/23/2015 - High-Speed Championship: Mayu Iwatani vs. Kaori Yoneyama
Decent match, nothing special. I'd love to see these two have a Korakuen rematch somewhere down the line. Mayu's finishing combination was pretty sweet. **1/4

Stardom 2/21/2016 - High-Speed Championship: Mayu Itawani (c) vs. Evie
A match with simple storytelling made effective by Mayu's masterful selling. Evie (♥♥♥) was great here too, bringing a nice mean streak as she worked over her opponent's injured back. This was another fun edition to Itawani's H-S reign. **3/4

Stardom 2/21/2016 - World of Stardom Championship: Io Shirai (c) vs. Viper
Really solid speed v strength sprint. I liked how Io had to go the extra mile to keep the challenger down, whereas even the slightest offense from Viper could shift the momentum of the match. I thought the face/heel dynamic was strange, though. Viper's sympathetic facial expressions as the "monster powerhouse" was... different, but I suppose anyone facing the ace of Stardom is the underdog. ***1/2

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 10, 2016, 01:11:41 AM »
Stardom 9/4/2015 - Rosa Negra & Hudson Envy vs Starfire & DASH Chisako
The inclusion of DASH Chisako is random as hell, but this match was a lot of fun. The segments between DASH and Envy were awesome; they were stiffing the hell out of each other. Rosa Negra and Starfire offered a nice prelude to their H-S title match (which unfortunately ended up being cut short due to injury). Negra is a gyrating, MMA-glove wearing, high-flying weirdo, but she has undeniable talent. ***1/4

Stardom 9/4/2015 - Io Shirai vs. Kaori Yoneyama
Another top notch edition of the Io/Yoneyama rivalry. Extra points to Yoneyama for being the only Stardom regular willing (or tiny enough) to take the Spanish Fly. ***

Stardom 9/9/2015 - Wonder of Stardom Championship: Io Shirai (c) vs. Queen Maya
This was a fun match. Io works underneath like she had throughout much of her reign with the White Belt, having to resort to working over the legs in Tanahashi fashion (DRAGON SCREWS included). Maya played her part as the 80s monster. The ending was marred by a botched frankensteiner, but I think they recovered decently enough. ***

Stardom 3/6/2016 - Saori Anou vs. Kairi Hojo
Solid showing for Saori Anou. She threw nice-looking stiff elbows and showed a bit more of her moveset. I look forward to seeing her growth as a performer and her upcoming match against Io. Hojo was great of course, though she stopped selling Anou's arm work completely as the match progressed. **1/2

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 20, 2016, 02:26:22 PM »
Stardom 9/5/15, Goddesses of Stardom - Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Hudson Envy & La Rosa Negra
Hudson & Negra meshed well together as team making for some nice action all around from both teams. Good match.

Stardom 2/12/16, Goddesses of Stardom - Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Viper & Kaitlin Diemond
Plenty of good action and set ups with Viper in the power/monster role. Good match all around. Diemond isn't much on her own, but she definitely had her best performance here playing as Viper's support. Its the first time the two really impressed me as a team. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have more matches like this one.

Stardom 2/28/16 - Viper vs. Jungle Kyona
Short match, but a really nice performance by Kyona mostly taking a beating but getting to bust out a few impressive moments.

Stardom 3/6/16 - Kairi Hojo vs. Saori Anou
I found this fairly reminiscent of the style Nanae used for passion injection matches where she would skip pure vet beat down, give the rookie plenty of offense, yet still finish the match handily to show who is superior. Always loved those matches and this is no different. Its the best I had seen of Saori look up to this point.

Stardom 3/12/16 - Hiroyo Matsumoto & Jungle Kyona vs. Viper & Kaitlin Diemond
Similar to Kyona's performance against Viper two weeks before, but longer and with Hiroyo acting as a decent support. Thought this was a nice little match with Kyona starting to show just a bit more what she is capable of in spirit and action.

Stardom 3/12/16 - Io Shirai vs. Saori Anou
Io wrestled this one a bit more grounded, showing some light dickish tendencies before Anou started to surprise her, forcing her to work harder to put a rookie down. I really dug this one. I'm generally fond of when Io works from a position of power, and Anou continued to impress with her struggles and spirit. I really wish Anou was contracted to Stardom as i could see them doing a lot with her.

Stardom 3/12/16, High Speed Title - Mayu Iwatani (c) Momo Watanabe
I thought this was generally solid, probably Momo's best performance, but it wasn't really a title worthy match. Momo is still a bit too lacking in strikes, offense, & spirit. Its still ncie to see her having grown a bit from the last year or two. Still I'm not certain two or three of the rookie who debuted last year won't surpass her in a another year.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:30:13 PM by Eivion »
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 30, 2016, 09:38:38 AM »
Some WAVE stuff courtesy of the Wave Network.

WAVE 4/10/2016 - Ayako Hamada, Yuu Yamagata, Fairy Nipponbashi, Chikayo Nagashima & Yako Fujigasaki vs. Moeka Haruhi, Kaho Kobayashi, ASUKA, Sawako Shimono & Hikaru Shida
There is a segment in this match where Fairy's teammates (known collectively as "Fe Avengers") use static electricity to create a forcefield around her. Wrestling is real. This was chaos. Possibly the best match to involve Nipponbashi? **1/4

WAVE 4/10/2016 - Kagetsu vs. Yoshiko
The 'new' Yoshiko is more of a technically-sound powerhouse than the sukeban asskicker she was in Stardom, which is probably an appropriate change. This was an OK match; nothing special outside of it being Yoshiko's WAVE debut. **

WAVE 4/10/2016 - Ryo Mizunami vs. Aoi Shizuki
Really fun 3-minute sprint with both wrestlers fighting with rapidfire urgency. Mizunami's lariats are a thing of beauty. **1/2

WAVE 4/10/2016 - DASH Chisako vs. Miyazaki Yuhi
DASH seems to be doing well for herself post-Sachiko, and Miyazaki has quickly gotten her groove back. This is just the match you would want out of these two: non-stop hard-hitting action. Great stuff. ***

WAVE 4/10/2016 - Misaki Ohata vs. Hanako Nakamori
Another sprint-style match where they just get straight to the action. This was solid, compelling action. Easily the best Nakamori performance I have seen in a while. **3/4

WAVE 4/10/2016 - Yumi Ohka vs. Sareee
Sareee is great. She's like a miniature Kurihara/Nakajima fusion. Ohka is at her best here, when she's towering over a much smaller opponent that she can just about behead with her deadly boots. Enjoyable match. ***
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:59:10 AM by WFSX »

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 27, 2016, 08:58:57 AM »
Stardom 6/16/16 - Chelsea vs. Shanna
This was fairly rough at times, but generated some solid work. Chelsea's style is a bit older, but she does know what she is doing. She just lacks a much needed athleticism to make it work the best she could. She lags behind too much as she has trouble keeping up. Shanna works maybe just a pinch too hard and she ca make things little obvious. She wasn't so bad with that here though he could sell a little better. This would have been fairly good with a Chelsea who can keep up the pace. Unfortunately it falls short.

Stardom 6/16/16 - Kairi Hojo vs. Yoko Bito
Mostly a set up to show off Bito but not a bad one. Bito lacks a bit of spirit but didn't show any ring rust at all, showing a confidence in her role that even back in 2012 she was lacking at least on a consistent level. They clearly have big things in store for her going off of what she survived here. Realistically she only has 8 months over the current class of rookies so hopefully she steps up in the coming months. Still she definitely seems a few paces ahead of them which I wasn't sure of with the 4 years she has been away so I'm thinking a little more positively about Bito's future in Stardom.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 09, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »
WAVE 7/6/2016 - Rina Yamashita vs. Dynamite Kansai
Kansai is admittedly my least favorite wrestler in OZ Academy, but she knows how to play to her strengths in these types of high-profile matches, and she still throws a mean fucking kick. Yamashita looked strong in defeat, withstanding Splash Mountain, and forcing Kansai to break out the Green Fall. ***

WAVE 7/6/2016 - Ryo Mizunami vs. Nanae Takahashi
This was a longer and more structured version of their sprint from early in the year. The bumps and hard-hits (LARIATS! HEADBUTTS!) are nonstop. Nanae's been killing it in singles lately. Ideally, this sets up a future title defense for Mizunami when she wins the WAVE Championship (DO THE RIGHT THING, GAMI!). ***3/4

WAVE 7/6/2016 - Regina di WAVE Championship: Yuu Yamagata (c) vs. Hikaru Shida
These two have great chemistry, which shouldn't come as a surprise given they've been feuding for six months (!) up until this point. Shida is super focused instead of being her usual overconfident self, doing away with her "butt word" and shinai. Her backbreakers and stomach crushers look particularly destructive thanks to Yamagata's "too old for this shit" selling. It's glorious. Unfortunately, Shida selectively sells Yamagata's legwork, and does kicks and double stomps and knees without even grimacing. Irksome. She at least makes up for it in the finishing sequence. Shida hits her brutal Majo no Ichigeki (fireman's carry drop onto the top turnbuckle), and later tries for it again with the turnbuckle padding removed. This causes a panic among the seconds and the official because Yamagata is about to die! Yamagata makes a reversal, hooking Shida's leg on the exposed turnbuckle. Shida sells like she's been caught in a bear trap, trying her best to survive, alas.. ***3/4