Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 222522 times)

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2007, 03:54:59 AM »
megumi kudo vs combat toyoda

when i first saw it on youtube, what got my attention first is the description beside the vid which is more of a slap against czw. i cant blame the person who uploaded this. czw is all about sadistic fun without the drama and proper ring psychology. for an exploding barbed wire match, this is emotional. and i like the sadistic stipulation of this match. rarely do i see good mat wrestling skills coordinated with sadistic stipulations as that of an exploding barbed wire match

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »
Amazing Kong vs Hyuga - JWP Aug.26

Great match. Kong really gave it to Hyuga and vice versa, but Azumi was the weak link here. btw if you hate blood (like me) match not recomended! *barf

Hyuga made a good face here, and not just because she bladed and Kong dominated, but she really reached out to the fans here IMO anyways. I was looking forward to this match, and wasnt dissapointed. Hyuga did her usual spots and was STIFF as always, and Kong using her lard ass to her advantage. Rarely have I seen Hyuga in such a tight spot since her 60-min with Tamura. Felt kind of sorry for her, but then I remembered the meiko incident. Check it out, yo.

フアップ

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2007, 09:37:18 PM »
Great match. Kong really gave it to Hyuga and vice versa, but Azumi was the weak link here. btw if you hate blood (like me) match not recomended!
The fuck you watching deathmatches for then? Seriously you've talked about them in past in a such postive manner so this is a surprise.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »
I'm also a big fan of LuFisto, that show Dexter and Silent Hill. Overcoming fears takes alot of bloody time, get it? LMAO!

フアップ

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2007, 10:23:24 PM »
Azumi Hyuga vs. Amazing Kong was an excellent match. Very bloody too. Loved this one.

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2007, 10:28:32 PM »
You can see the blood soaking in her hair too *shudder* watching the gore here and in deathmatches always brings me back to its metallic smell.
But im not gonna let some gag reflex stop me from enjoying some damn entertainment. Hell fuckin naw!

フアップ

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2007, 04:24:42 PM »
Command Bolshoi & Kaori Yoneyama vs. (DASH) Chisako Kanari &  Sachiko (Sendai) Kanari  JWP "PURE SLAM 2007" August 26, 2007

This came courtesy of Lucky's Veoh.  Thanks very much dude.

The initial four Sendai girls rookies first year is over and I think everyone who has been watching and enjoying Sendai is probably relieved to see them beginning to foray into other promotions.  When the matches were getting chucked up online I was pleased to see the combination of the two Sisters from Sendai tagging together, which seemed like a natural choice, and have been looking forward to seeing the results. 
They've both developed a different enough style to work as a tag team and I think this match definitely proves that.  They both have more than enough that they can do to keep this twenty minute time limit match fresh.  But the great thing about their performance, is that during the match they act like what they are, a young tag team from a rival promotion who dont care about what their opponents think, they just want to get stuck in and cause an upset.  Dash in particular is a cocky little thing, trying to act like she's some in control veteran, an arrogant arm breaker and then follow up headlock being one example, with Bolshoi and Yoneyama making them pay for their attitude.  The Sendai girls use some nice double team moments on offence, including one particular multi-move nearfall and they eat the JWP girls offence nicely, like some funky Bolshoi submissions. I think DASH is like Sendai's personal Stretchetta Armstrong.  This match just goes for the whole time and there is barely any let-up.  Good fun and definitely more to come from these two.
Also, look out for Sachiko's great sell of a reverse assisted 619 ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 04:27:10 PM by DAN »
I may drop you on your head

Offline UnstableProtagonist

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • http://demeteriusstevens.blogspot.com/
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2007, 07:06:18 PM »
I've seen that match earlier today, and I'm amazed how impressive the Kanari clan were as a team. There was one exchange where Dash threw a missle dropkick and Sachiko followed up with a beautiful German suplex for the nearfall. They were fun to watch, although it took a few minutes into the match before I saw something interesting from them. On the other hand, the Kanari clan, alongside the other Sendai rookies, had just past their first year in wresting. I'm expecting to see more from these girls before I analyze them further.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2007, 12:38:42 AM »
SENDAI 7/22/07 - Ayane Mizumura vs. Chisako Kanari
Mind wasn't here for the first minutes, but when it finally did turn on I saw a pretty decent match from these two. First time seeing Mizumura and I'm impressed. She was pretty nice here and did a bit more move wise than I thought she would since she debuted later than the other girls. Loved the submission she kept using and how she would roll away from the ropes to keep Kanari centered. Will be interesting seeing how she grows.  **

JWP 8/26/07, JWP vs. SENJO - Tojuki Leon vs. Yurie Kaneko
This is actually a rematch from last year here Tojuki was constantly several steps ahead of Kaneko. This was a fair amount more competitive with Kaneko showing some growth and having some nice counters. She gave a good fight, but in the end she still couldn't match the experience and strength of Leon. **1/4

JWP 8/26/07, Openweight Title - Azumi Hyuga (c) vs. Amazing Kong
I don't like Hyuga, but I think she's a good wrestler and I can enjoy her work. Herer though I really thought there was just way too fucking much of her in this match. She was bad here. She hit her moves nice and all, but she dominated AK to a ridiculous extent in the first half and didn't really let AK get much in even during the second where she was bleeding badly. It just made AK look very bad considering she's supposed to be a big monster. Nothing came off as truly big or dramatic here because of this. Just could not enjoy this one at all.

Chickfights 10/7/07, EWA Women's Title - Tracy Taylor (c) vs. Fuuka
Some nice stuff shown, but this is way to clipped to hell.

Chickfights 10/7/07, AWA Japan Women's Title - Jaime D (c) vs. Saki Maemura
D has improved a fair amount and makes a good cocky monster. Sadly she hasn't been on nearly enough tours, nor did the crowd have nearly enough faith in Saki to give a damn about this. Decent match I suppose, but it would have served better for Saki to put up more a fight even if she failed nearly every comeback. I wouldn't mind them booking Jaime or Tracy more in the future. 

Chickfights SUN 10/7/07 - Hikaru, Masato Tanaka, & Lingerie Mutoh vs. Aja Kong, Kohei Sato, & American Balloon
Its great how the Z1 guys have finally figured out to work with the women the same way they do in AAA which is basically equal footing. That made this match more fun with stuff like Aja vs. Masato and Sato disregard for Hikaru's health (she got knocked the fuck out by either his German suplex or running knee at the end). Also first time seeing American Ballon and he is actually pretty good. I'm guessing he actually went with the comedy gimmick purely because of his physical looks which is kind of sad. Lingerie Mutoh was kind of pointless here. Could worked out just as well, if not better as Sawa. Anyways a fun match. ***

Chickfights SUN 10/7/07 - Nanae Takahashi vs. Azumi Hyuga
Wanted to like this, but it was just too long and nothing really kept my interests fully.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2007, 06:55:55 PM »
Chickfights 10/7/07, AWA Japan Women's Title - Jaime D (c) vs. Saki Maemura
D has improved a fair amount and makes a good cocky monster. Sadly she hasn't been on nearly enough tours, nor did the crowd have nearly enough faith in Saki to give a damn about this. Decent match I suppose, but it would have served better for Saki to put up more a fight even if she failed nearly every comeback. I wouldn't mind them booking Jaime or Tracy more in the future. 

Chickfights SUN 10/7/07 - Hikaru, Masato Tanaka, & Lingerie Mutoh vs. Aja Kong, Kohei Sato, & American Balloon
Its great how the Z1 guys have finally figured out to work with the women the same way they do in AAA which is basically equal footing. That made this match more fun with stuff like Aja vs. Masato and Sato disregard for Hikaru's health (she got knocked the fuck out by either his German suplex or running knee at the end). Also first time seeing American Ballon and he is actually pretty good. I'm guessing he actually went with the comedy gimmick purely because of his physical looks which is kind of sad. Lingerie Mutoh was kind of pointless here. Could worked out just as well, if not better as Sawa. Anyways a fun match. ***
I agree. Saki definitely needed to get more offense in to make that match more compelling. They could have worked the speed vs. size approach... but it was just Jamie beating up Saki until she got dropkicked in the knee... then it was over. I wasn't even convince Jamie was going for the win.

I think it was the German that KO'ed Hikaru. Going right into the submission was a nice touch. I agree that it was a good match... even with the two comedy guys.

This also reminds me that I started eating Thanksgiving leftovers and haven't watched the main event yet. I'm going to do that later tonight.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2007, 05:40:23 AM »
Amazing Kong vs Hyuga - JWP Aug.26

Great match. Kong really gave it to Hyuga and vice versa, but Azumi was the weak link here. btw if you hate blood (like me) match not recomended! *barf

Hyuga made a good face here, and not just because she bladed and Kong dominated, but she really reached out to the fans here IMO anyways. I was looking forward to this match, and wasnt dissapointed. Hyuga did her usual spots and was STIFF as always, and Kong using her lard ass to her advantage. Rarely have I seen Hyuga in such a tight spot since her 60-min with Tamura. Felt kind of sorry for her, but then I remembered the meiko incident. Check it out, yo.

Could you put it on veoh?

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2007, 03:24:28 PM »
Chickfights SUN 10/7/07 - Nanae Takahashi vs. Azumi Hyuga
Wanted to like this, but it was just too long and nothing really kept my interests fully.
Could just be my Nanae love, but I loved this match. I thought the match was really good and entertaining. I think it's a high-quality main event and delivered very well. Again, I'm probably biased, but I thought this match stood on its own with Nanae and Hyuga putting forth really good performances. I <3 Nanae. I'd give it ***3/4.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2007, 10:14:02 PM »
Honestly I thought Nanae was good, but Hyuga's refusal to look vulnerable pretty much kept me from enjoying it. I finished the match through, but it really was a chore for me. She did the same thing in the AK match only she let Nanae get in a lot more offense.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2007, 09:05:31 PM »
does anybody has a link to AK vs hyuga?

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2007, 02:54:22 PM »
Personally, I thought the Nanae/Hyuga match saved that show.  I dunno wher you're getting the refusal to look vulnerable thing from, when halfway through Nanae's offense the Osaka crowd was actually chanting for her.  I thought it was a damn fine match.

Aja Kong vs. (Tyrannosaurus) Akari Okuda

OK...first off, let me say that I am no longer of the belief that SENDAI is just Meiko's personal jobber corps.

Second, this match has made me a fan of Okuda and she might just replace DASH as my favorite.

I mean, so much of the story in this match was told through Okuda's face.  The inital nervousness that vanished the second that Aja BLASTED her with that dropkick that crushed her guts.  Seeing the pain from Aja's offense melt away to HATE...pure unadulterated HATE...seriously, if looks coud kill, there would have been murder in that ring about a million times, because each and every time Okuda had recovered from the latest of Aja's punishment, that look of "I want to feast on the soul of your firstborn" comes back to her face.

The only weak point really was that all of Okuda's offense was ineffective forearm smashes, dropkicks that were sluffed off and jumping knees.  Oh and the German...which for a second made me believe it could be done...like even though I knew in my mind the outcome before I even clicked play, my heart wanted to believe it.

It's no wonder that Okuda's the new POP and JWP Jr. Champ, because after this performance, I really wouldn't buy Arisa beating her without some kind of booked run-in antics whammy.

If you haven't seen the math, GO WATCH IT NOW AND BELIEVE IN THE OKUDA!!!! *fu

*approve *approve *approve *approve
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2007, 03:13:22 PM »
Definitely agree with you there Oni, her facial expressions are pretty effective.  Also Aja's dropkick in this match is great in both a heelish pisstaking of Okuda and her rookie offence and in a What the hell? When was the last time Aja did that?  In fact, I've only ever seen Aja do a dropkick from the second rope and never a jumping one straight off the ground.  Cool, it was.
I may drop you on your head

Offline Her Majesty Queen Kori I

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • Joshi Fans
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2007, 03:36:44 PM »
Hmmm.   I wonder how she and Ayumi would fare in a match together...
You so much as TOUCH kitty's ass, and I'll put a firecracker in your nutsack and blow your balls all over your pants!

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2007, 04:10:03 PM »
I know this is technically not joshi, but both are frequent Gaijens.
Cheerleader Melissa vs Wesna(RQW Women's Title Match)
Sadly the version i got from PWTorrents was the version that aired on on RQW television, so it censored the chair/coke can shots, and had a few commercial breaks. Despite that I loved this match. It was so amazing, and showed why melissa is such a fucking badass. She worked over Wesna's  more brutally than I have ever seen. The action spilled everywhere. It even goes into the streets where passer byers just stared at the violence these two women were unleashing onto each other. Melissa, in an ultimate show of badassery took the camera man's camera to film herself choking out, and beating the shit out of wesna. It almost looked like a snuff film at that point. I haven't seen this intensity and aggression since the days of Jungle Jack. Definitely a MOTY candidate. *****
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 04:44:27 PM by TheElfenLiedPictureShow »

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2007, 04:41:12 PM »
I know this is technically not joshi, but both are frequent Gaijens.
Cheerleader Melissa vs Wesna(RQW Women's Title Match)
Sadly the version i got from PWTorrents was the version that aired on on RQW television, so it censored the chair/coke can shot, and had a few commercial breaks. Despite that I loved this match. It was so amazing, and showed why melissa is such a fucking badass. She worked over Wesna's  more brutally than I have ever seen. The action spilled everywhere. It even goes into the streets where passer byers just stared at the violence these two women were unleashing onto each other. Melissa, in an ultimate show of badassery took the camera man's camera to film herself choking out, and beating the shit out of wesna. It almost looked like a snuff film at that point. I haven't seen this intensity and aggression since the days of Jungle Jack. Definitely a MOTY candidate. *****

Sounds like an awesome and exciting match. Wish I could see it.

How come Wesna hasn't been used by SHIMMER? I think she would make a nice addition to the roster.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2007, 04:44:07 PM »
Well dave doesn't so much import talent, as he does take advantage of them touring the states of mexico/canada. She probably hasn't been anywhere near the US at any of the tapings. She has amazing kicks from having to do amateur wrestling and kickboxing due to a lack of pro-wrestling schools in her area.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2007, 01:27:38 AM »
If at all possible could you up this match? I have been trying to see Wesna in singles action and more indy women's wrestling in general.
Only English K-Dojo site

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2007, 11:45:48 AM »
I'll try. It's gonna be censored though, is that alright?
While I try to up it, here's a pretty good match with wesna
Wesna vs Mercedes Martinez

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2007, 07:40:36 PM »
I haven't seen this intensity and aggression since the days of Jungle Jack. Definitely a MOTY candidate. *****

Really? Have you not seen LCO vs Akino/Ayako, LCO vs U*TOPS in the cage (best cage match ive seen) or any LCO match at all?

フアップ

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2007, 09:46:40 PM »
Not yet, sadly. But a part I forgot to talk about in the match was wesna trying to pin melissa in a box that I think was used for speakers or something, and melissa and wesna drinking coke while stomping on the other's throat, or spitting the coke into each other's faces. I can't find it on my comp, and I'm not able to download from PWtorrents anymore, but it's on click wrestle if you wanna see it. just type in 11469K7J for a 50% discount
Linky

If anyone buys it, it'd be much appreciated if you upload it to veoh, as I haven't even seen the uncensored version.(don't worry I'll be making up for it by uploading another ***** match once it comes in the mail, Mima Shimoda vs Manami Toyota)

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2007, 07:11:06 PM »
Mayumi Ozaki vs Mickie Knuckles(No Rope Barbed Wire, Electrified Lighttubes, Fans Bring The Weapons Steel Cage Match)
It was an alright match, but both competitors were so worn down from previous matches, they weren't able to do a lot. It was also very short. Had they had the finals on a different day, to let them recuperate, this could have been great, but because they little energy left and very little time this match is only decent. **3/4