Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 201292 times)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
Don't know i I have anything that plays that. I'll have to check. Thanks for the offer in general though. At the very least I can now watch stuff under 25 minutes though not on full screen. It allows me to catch some matches and anime.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

totoro101

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2007, 01:43:54 AM »
Neo 2004..I think
Yoshiko Tamura vs 32 Opponents

Awesome match of endurance and strenth for the beautiful and fantastic Tamura.It was a 32 womens gauntlet, with each match lasting a good couple of minutes long with tamura having to beat them in that time and such.She did pretty well getting a few pinfalls but she lost a couple but that was towards the end of the match when she was obviously spent.Sadly for her, the last opponent was Aja Kong! She managed to survive and earned a deserved round of applause for her effort.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2007, 03:29:36 PM »
Eivion, I'd help you out, but now that they've gone to the Veoh TV thing, when you do DL the match to your library (and they hide the Veoh folder now too) it's in .flv.  If you have something that will play that file format, then I'll up the Tamurahara vs. Genkiyuki match to mega for you.
Well I have nothing to play it sadly. Thanks for the offer though partner.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2007, 03:38:27 PM »
hey totoro, you think you can uplaod that gauntlet match? cause that would be rank!

after reading DAN's match review at joshifans.com, I had to watch it for myself. btw was this a BJW show? because Lee Nikkan was the ref and I saw the Big Japan written on the apron. Heh
Big surprise, but I've always liked Matsuo *approve girl took a hell of a beating, it made me uncomfortable to see Tamura in that kind of position. It wasnt the calm & collected, no-selling Tamura I came to love, but I support her whatever role she plays. And everytime Matsuo was gonna attack Kong, I kept thinking to myself "Geman her, fuckin german her!!"
oh, and I never EVER want to see Tamura do a bladejob again. even if she has a DM with Matsunaga. NEVER!

フアップ

thatdude21601

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »
I really liked Aja vs The Ayako from that Sendai Tournament. Ayako actually did that selling stuff (along with bleeding on herself), and I don't really remember any Arsion Aja/Ayako matches this good. If Hamada/Satomura turns out near as well, this 7/22 show is fantastic.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 09:35:44 AM »
If your getting the pin over Aja you BETTER sell  *bwah

Where are you getting these sendai matches from?  I should be getting a copy of the tournament myself soon...arrrggh...not soon enough!  *whee
I may drop you on your head

thatdude21601

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 10:36:56 AM »
Got these last two Sendai shows from Lynch. I finally got the Ibuki tape with the Kimura/Yoshida match everyone was talking about too.

totoro101

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2007, 01:45:09 AM »
JWP ThunderQueen Battle 93

Numatchi vs wrestler whos name i forget!
Good submission match, with some nice power move and use of a spade as a weapon
in this one, time limit draw though.

Bolshoi Kid vs Infernal Karou
Nice little fast paced comedy match with Bolshoi doing a lot of counting and playing
around with a flower, while taunting karou with her little ball thing attatched to her head.
Karou scores the pinfall with a double moonsault.

Devil Masami/Candy Okatsu vs Minama Suzuki/KArou Ito
Fantastic tag match up with a lot of unique double teams and a strong performance
by the undderated Karou Ito.Good stuff, won by Ito with a cross body block.

will be watching the second part of the show tonight.

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2007, 09:44:31 AM »
So totoro, will you be upping that Tamura gauntlet match?
You cant leave me hanging without an answer, ya know...

フアップ

totoro101

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2007, 11:18:46 AM »
Sorry Ozmont, i dont have a clue how to upload stuff from a dvd (thats why im still struggling to even upload some pics of my time at a joshi show..Im useless with all things computer) *crazy

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »
Okay no biggie. I just thought you ignored me. lol!

If your getting the pin over Aja you BETTER sell  *bwah

フアップ

totoro101

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2007, 01:39:11 AM »
Nah i wouldnt ignore you ^^.Just watched the second part of JWP Thunder Queen Battle.

Yumiko Hotta vs Plum Mariko
Good solid match, some nice submissions, great crowd and some amazing brutal and stiff
kicks on Plum by Yumiko.I was worried for Plum,god bless her,as she looked legit dazed by the punishment she took,and i thought this may have been that match which sadly took her life (im not sure what one it was).Good match and Hotta winning with a devastating looking high impact tiger driver i think.

the 60 minute Thunder Queen Battle
Kyoko Inoue, Takoko Inoue, Sakie Hasiegawa,Aja Kong vs Mayumi Ozaki,Dynamite Kansai,Cuty suzuki,forgotten the last womans name!)

An absoloutley fantastic match up,it had everything, great crowd, great submission wrestling, great brawling, some fantastic ariel moves and everyone in the match was on top of their game.The ending was quite weak though with takako hardly taking any punishment yet going down to a dragon suplex.Stars of the match for me have to be Mayumi Ozaki who was absoloutley destroyed yet kept coming back for me, Kyoko Inoue who had a nasty cut and took a great deal of punishment and Cuty Suzuki,again took a pretty nasty pounding but was hugely impressive.Awesome match up, any joshi fan has to see this for darn sure.The strange thing for me was Kyoko and Sakie were in the heel team i think since the crowd seemed to boo everything they did, Kyoko and Sakie to me are naturally babyfaces,so it was weird they got booed so hard.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2007, 10:19:15 AM »
Ayako Hamada versus Aja Kong Sendai 7/22

A few other people seem to have thought this was a good match and i wasn't dissapointed.
Both Aja and Ayako where clearly really feeling it.  Aja was hitting her stuff really crisply and with fire and Ayako ate all her offence really well.  The Ayako just looks completely different here than she did in the rounds.  She looks fitter and more into it than she has in a while and if this is how she is performing at the moment then it's no surprise she is running roughshod over several promotions at the moment and it looks like she's on the cusp of a real resurgence. 
The ending had some great drama and was a great cap to a fun match.  Awesome.
Also, damn Aja is great in front of a crowd with some heat.  She wanted to mess The Ayako up bad!

^^  Oh totoro.  I dont know if you know this, but that thunder queen battle was in JWP so Ozaki and co where the home girls and thats why the AJW girls where getting booed out of the building :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:27:39 AM by DAN »

totoro101

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2007, 03:22:10 PM »
i never knew that about the thunder queen battle :), thanks for that ^^.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2007, 04:22:36 PM »
SENDAI 7/22/07, WAR Battlefield Tournament Semis - Meiko Satomura vs. Dynamite Kasai
9+ minutes of Kasai throwing every thing she could at Meiko with Meiko attempting her best not to die before she could finish Kasai off with a submission. Good match though it was a bit much for Meiko to survive considering everything Kasai was throwing at her. Still fun though. When did Kansai join the Iron Claw Club though? ***1/4

SENDAI 7/22/07, WAR Battlefield Tournament Semis - Aja Kong vs. Ayako Hamada
This was good. Aja kicks Ayako's ass for a while before Ayako can make all these nice  comebacks leading to her victory. Crowd got very into it at the end. Especially the final sequence which you just knew would lead to her win. Best Ayako's been this year. Damn good match. ***3/4

SENDAI 7/22/07, WAR Battlefield Tournament Finals - Meiko Satomura vs. Ayako Hamada
Awesome. The two meshed together incredibly well and brought out every thing they could against one another. Great match here and an easy W/JMOTYC. I only question where the fuck was this Ayako during her lucha stuff this year. ****1/4
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 04:32:00 PM by Eivion »
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2007, 08:14:28 PM »
SENDAI 7/22/07, WAR Battlefield Tournament Finals - Meiko Satomura vs. Ayako Hamada
Awesome. The two meshed together incredibly well and brought out every thing they could against one another. Great match here and an easy W/JMOTYC. I only question where the fuck was this Ayako during her lucha stuff this year. ****1/4

Really?  THAT good?

I guess it's time to go watch me some SENDAI
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2007, 10:33:29 AM »
Sonoko Kato and Meiko Satomura versus Chikayo Nagashima and Sugar Sato 2007/08/16 Oz academy Plum Mariko memorial show.

I enjoyed this for two reasons.  One, these four girls know each other very well and can have a great match together any day of the week and this was no exception.  And two, I am definitely a bit of a Sugar mark and this was a lot about her and her (as far as I am aware) one night return to the ring.  I had a big goofy grin on my face from the moment this match started that got a little bit bigger when her entrance music, complete with amusing sumo style intro, hit.  She didnt look like she'd missed much of a beat after two years away and looked in great shape.  Kato and Nagashima continued their nice, bitchy rivalry in this and Meiko obviously just reverted to beating the cack out of her old GAEA comrades.  Damn, Meiko's offence is just as nutty as ever and she seems to be getting MORE random as she gets older, not less. She dropped a headbut on a prone nagashima, which I can't remember her ever doing, she's started using this wierd/nasty crossface version where she looks like she is going to twist her opponents arm off with her considerable thighs and I even think there was an emerald frosion in there.  This might not be the greatest tag match you will ever see, but it is mostly 16 mintues of effortless fun, which I would certainly recommend watching if JoshI does decide to put it up.     

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »
Sonoko Kato and Meiko Satomura versus Chikayo Nagashima and Sugar Sato 2007/08/16 Oz academy Plum Mariko memorial show.
I just watched this last night, courtesy of Josh I. Awesome match. As Dan said, it was effortless fun. It was so much fun, in fact, that I watched it twice last night. Meiko is one of my all-time favorites. But Nagashima and Kato are just flat-out show stealers. I can't get enough of them.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »
Oz Academy 8/16/07, Oz Openweight title - Aja Kong (c) vs. Akari Okuda
Aja's dominance left a bit to be desired, but Okuda had some good comebacks before she fell to the stretch plum. Okuda looked good here and you can tell she will go far in the future barring any injuries or poor booking. Decent match. **1/4
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline JOSH Chisako

• I Live Here
  • I'm not very tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Oz Academy 8/16/07, Oz Openweight title - Aja Kong (c) vs. Akari Okuda
Aja's dominance left a bit to be desired, but Okuda had some good comebacks before she fell to the stretch plum. Okuda looked good here and you can tell she will go far in the future barring any injuries or poor booking. Decent match. **1/4

I think I liked the match a bit better than you.  I enjoyed the dissonance between how the two women approached the match-it was the biggest match of Okuda's life and she was so pumped up to finally be in an important match, while Aja considered her opponent and the whole match to be a joke.  I loved Okuda's nice overhead German suplex, although she depends too much on the jumping knee when she makes the babyface comeback. 
CEE! ARR! YOU! ESS! AITCH!
OH KOO DAH
OH KOO DAH
CHEE SAK KOH
SAH CHEE KOH
(Crush Girls 2008 Remix)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2007, 09:39:13 AM »
I liked the match and all, but I was losing interest when Aja was in control. Half of it worked for me, half didn't. Might have been better had they shaved a few minutes off the match or if the match was in SENDAI, the only place where Aja can really get over for being a bitch.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2007, 02:30:30 PM »
I enjoyed the match, even the large portions of Aja punking Okuda out, but yeah, it could have done with a bit more heat from the crowd.  Nobody expected the comeback I think. Speaking of which, yes, Okuda looked a little bit lost when she finally got round to the comeback, just in that she was visibly having trouble deciding where to run to the ropes to come back off for the jumping knees.  I don't think I would have minded so many of them if she had been a bit more decisive there but damn she did well for a young rookie.

Now for something completely different...

Yumi Ogura vs. Mika Komatsu - All Japan Jr. Title Tournament Final (4/6/1985)  This is from a AJW classics number 07 show I got online.  I've been trying to find out how to convert Matroska files to AVI so that I can cut this up and put this match on VEOH or somesuch. Can anybody please point me in the direction of any good programs? 

I've watched a fair amount of AJW from the eighties, mostly on the mistresses youtube channel and mostly stuff involving Crush, or the JBA or Jaguar and it was interesting to watch some stuff from some of the other girls.  I hadn't seen anything else by either of these two other than the other Yumi Ogura match before this one on the same compilation.  I can safely say that after seeing this match and the other that I rather like Yumi Ogura. 
This felt a lot smoother than most AJW matches I've seen from that period, which although fun in their intensity and sheer balls to the wallness aren't always that coherent.  This however seemed more solid that way.   Yumi had some great in-ring Charisma and intensity which really holds this together. 
There is lots of mat-work, with both girls applying holds and then laying into each other with slaps and punches to the stomach and hair-pulling. I am offically interested. 
They counter each other on the mat and hit some slams and go for pin covers, then Komatsu gets Yumi down and goes all Irish and starts wailing on Ogura's kneecap.  Ogura fights to the outside, displaying some great desperation and - after a short break - obviously starts to get a bit cranky.  They have an impromptu t.e.s.t of strength, which Yumi wins in short order and now - clearly pissed the hell off- just starts slapping Komatsu silly and then just fists her RIGHT...IN...THE...FACE.  At this point I am officially in love.  Komatsu fires back until Yumi gets the better of it and gets her down for a two count.  She then trash talks Komatsu.  I have no idea what she says but her facial expression and the way she says it has me laughing and even more smitten.  She is Hokuto like in her, "You're for it now biatch!" slagging.
The match just gets better from here.  Someone gets busted open hardway, Yumi's attitude is just awesome, the crowd is hot enough that you might think one of the crush gals is in there (okay, maybe not THAT hot) and so is the action.
If I can get this up at some point or if you know where to get it yourself, I would very much recommmend.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 03:45:16 PM by DAN »

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2007, 07:41:22 PM »
mariko yoshida vs atsuko emoto
definitely yoshida's MOTY. i dont think there could be a better yoshida match than that. i like it when emoto screams "YOSHIDA!!!" in trying to pin yoshida but couldnt. the match was declared over and all and yet she still punched the crap out of yoshida with yoshida down

does anybody understand what promo did she cut after the match?

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2007, 03:37:42 PM »
Akira Hokuto & Shinobu Kandori vs Aja Kong & Bull Nakano(Queendom II) - this match was absolutely phenomenal. Amazing psychology and so much heat towards the end. It's my favorite enemies forced to be partners match. Hokuto and Shinobu are great with the tags by slapping each other, and back kicking. Or staring at their partner for almost a minute before actually getting behind the ropes. And they did such an amazing job of taking you from the point of them hating each other to actually saving each other from danger and at the end shaking hands(well sorta). Definitely a classic match. It seems like if it had just 15 more minutes added on it would have been match of the year candidate, but as is it's definitely a great match. ****1/2

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2007, 01:15:12 AM »
TNA - Amazing Kong vs. Talia Madison (10/18), vs. Angel Williams (10/25), vs. Christy Hemme (11/1)
3 squashes, each better than the last....perhaps? Talia was treated like nothing, getting in no offense. Angel got in some, but died quickly. Christy was great trying to show fear and just going after AK, but being dispatched easily. AK did that torture rack kicking yourself move again. It didn't come off fierce as it did in the battle royale, but still not too bad. Nothing special overall. Seen more effective, faster squashes by Beth.

TNA Genesis 11/11/07, TNA Women's Title - Gail Kim (c) vs. ODB vs. Roxi Laveaux vs. Angel Williams
Pretty decent. Everyone here, but Angel really got their time to stand out and shine  little. Kind of surprised they had ODB teaming with Roxi. All signs point that they probably should have her on her own in a more face manner. I have to say for a somewhat shitty gimmick Roxi does her gimmick well. Anyways decent action all around, no real slow down or horrible fuck ups though it wasn't always perfect. **1/2

WWE Royal Rumble 02, Women's Title w/Special guest ref, Jacqueline - Trish Stratus (c) vs, Jazz
Good little match. Trish bumps around well selling her hand injury. Jazz is dominant and loses due to getting into a little tiff with Jacqueline allowing Trish to build momentum. What I allows enjoy about these matches is the the characters, the emoting, and the pacing. Good WWE women's matches always exhibit thee so well considering their short time. Really haven't seen any women do better with such time any where else. **3/4
Only English K-Dojo site