Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 185348 times)

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Prowrestler
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »
Lacey vs Sara Del Rey(Shimmer Title Tournament Finals)
Wow, I really loved this match. I can see why the 30 - 45 minute rematch on volume 13 has been called a classic. I might be one of the few, but I actually like this match more than the Sarah Stock vs Sara Del Rey match. Great story telling, very inventive moves. Lacey went full force, and kept the heel stalling to a minimum which really helped this match. She still got herself over as a heel by using the ref as a shield and even getting Rain's help....though I don't see why allison danger came out if Nikki Roxx was gonna just stop rain alone. In any case I loved this match so much, and I'm gonna order Volume 13 the day it comes out. ****1/4

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2007, 10:33:19 AM »
ChickFight 9, RWQ Women's Title - Wesna (c) vs. Cheerleader Melissa
I won't lie, I couldn't finish this. I got to the last 7 or 8 minutes, but I just wasn't caring enough to really watch. It felt like a chore by that point. Really felt that way 5-10 minutes before, but I wouldn't try to give it more time.
Early on, they were clearly working the clock as opposed to working the crowd. Things picked up though when they went outside the ring. The stuff outside the building was awkward, but the brawling inside was good enough and made sense.

My biggest problem with this match is that after all the brawling, plunder, Coke cans, chairs, equipment boxes, etc., they got back in the ring and the referee applied a four count for some hair pulling. WTF? That would have made Jim Cornette kill a Dairy Queen employee. Pro wrestling needs better attention to detail than that. If it's a brawl with no rules, then hair pulling shouldn't be getting four count.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2007, 11:12:13 AM »
The commentary makes it make a lot more sense. They explain how this was less than 24 hours of sweet saraya got injured in that match with melissa, how melissa sent amazing kong to the hospital and gave eden black a concussion. They say something like "When did this become a falls count anywhere match?" they basically explain the chickfight matches almost have their own rules because the ref's are too afraid of the women....and seriously who wouldn't be afraid of melissa? Especially if you're some 115 pound effeminate looking ref........They also explain the table spot as melissa injuring both the back and neck/head of wesna.

The match definitely took its toll on both of them. They were sweating buckets. I loved it, but I can see how some people wouldn't like it, but I personally loved it. If you kind of liked it but didn't like the time, I just uploaded the one from chickfight VIII that has wesna vs mschif and then which together makes 23 minutes. It's like a 5 million dollar club, so they have lots of fancy stuff to brawl with *approve

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »
Yes, I did think the commentary was quite good in putting various things into context. On a whole though I just couldn't enjoy the match. Kudos to those who did though.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2007, 05:03:11 PM »
I liked the part where some Brit calls Mel a bitch, and she goes "You tink ima bitch now, wait til im a bitch in yo face". Not exactly on the level of gettng heat like Lacey, but it was fun. And that coffin part was hilarious.

フアップ

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2007, 05:48:35 PM »
I thought the action was fine. But none of that (commentary or otherwise) explains why a Coke can to the face by the concession stand is acceptable, but hair pulling in the ring is going too far. If they don't have to listen to the ref when they're choking each other with chairs by the restroom, why would they stop the hair pulling because he's counting to four? If the rules are out the window, then they're out the window. It's not life or death, but it is one of those things that just makes me imagine Jim Cornette's head exploding.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2007, 07:08:38 PM »
I thought the action was fine. But none of that (commentary or otherwise) explains why a Coke can to the face by the concession stand is acceptable, but hair pulling in the ring is going too far. If they don't have to listen to the ref when they're choking each other with chairs by the restroom, why would they stop the hair pulling because he's counting to four? If the rules are out the window, then they're out the window. It's not life or death, but it is one of those things that just makes me imagine Jim Cornette's head exploding.

I have two theories on that, either:

They were so tired that the ref stopped being afraid of them knowing they were too warn down to beat him down too hard for DQ'ing one of them

or

Melissa needed to get a quick refill of heel heat, so she just did that

But hey, the rules are thrown o ut in just about every other aja kong match and she still gets a five count for ropes, bites, gouges, chokes, and hairpulls

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2007, 09:04:32 PM »
Kaori Yoneyama vs Azumi Hyuga - JWP Openweight Championship match 12/09/07

This was good for a title match. The first few minutes were the usual wrist-locks, camel clutch and forearm shots but when Kaori started doing her sentons the match picked up. Hyuga wasnt really showing any vulnerability until the suicide senton, and even then it looked mroe like Kaori was annoying her then actually hurting her. But it didnt effect the match that bad, because thats how Hyuga usually sells. She IS the champ anyways, so she has a reasonable alibi =/
The crowd was more into Kaori then Azumi, which is believable. She did some really cool reversals like countering the spider german and bridging to avoid a chic kick (never seen that before). Azumi didnt go all out, was kind of reserved and let Kaori dish out all the moves. She really gave her time to shine though.

Its on my list of top 10 for the year.

フアップ

Offline Antonio DAMAN

• Administrator
  • The Resident wrestler of JoshiFans
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
Kaori Yoneyama vs Azumi Hyuga - JWP Openweight Championship match 12/09/07

This was good for a title match. The first few minutes were the usual wrist-locks, camel clutch and forearm shots but when Kaori started doing her sentons the match picked up. Hyuga wasnt really showing any vulnerability until the suicide senton, and even then it looked mroe like Kaori was annoying her then actually hurting her. But it didnt effect the match that bad, because thats how Hyuga usually sells. She IS the champ anyways, so she has a reasonable alibi =/
The crowd was more into Kaori then Azumi, which is believable. She did some really cool reversals like countering the spider german and bridging to avoid a chic kick (never seen that before). Azumi didnt go all out, was kind of reserved and let Kaori dish out all the moves. She really gave her time to shine though.

Its on my list of top 10 for the year.

Hey Oz, where did you get the show?  The one tracker I use (Purojitsu) doesn't have it up...

Chris

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2007, 10:30:52 PM »
I got it from Lenny. He usually posts the most recent title matches, or big matches in general.

フアップ

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »
JWP 12/9/07, JWP Jr. & POP Title - Tyrannosaurus Okuda (c) vs. Asuka Ohki
Didn't really come alive for me until Okuda power up Ohki while in an armbar, but from there on this was pretty good. Ohki actually seemed like she had a chance to win with Okuda's arm hurting from the initial powerbomb counter. nly thing is tat I though Okuda could have put more into her selling near the end and the finish itself seemed a bit screwed up. Solid match in the end though. **1/2

JWP 12/907, JWP Tag Team Title - Tsubasa Kuragaki & Kayoko Haruyama (c) vs. Nanae Takahashi & Natsuki*Taiyo
Non stop action and generally good team work that came together very well. Great match, exciting from beginning to end. ****1/4

JWP 12/9/07, JWP Openweight Title - Azumi Hyuga (c) vs. Kaori Yoneyama
Much better than Hyuga's last two big singles against AK and Nanae. Seen maybe one Yoneyama match before this and i really don't remember it well so she was a new experience for me here. She looked damn good here and really brought the fight to Hygua. Never quite thought she could win, but they had me wanting her to. Good match. ****
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2007, 02:01:16 PM »
Eivion, where can i buy JWP DVD's?
i haven't seen the matches you discussed here

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2007, 06:05:10 PM »
Lenny upped Hyuga/Yoneyama at dvdr. The rest is in Lucky's veoh/youtube accounts.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2007, 10:57:44 PM »
thanks, Eivion

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2007, 12:08:44 AM »
Aja Kong vs Yumiko Hotta WWWA(A.k.a battle of the uber bitches)
Wow, you know you go to far when you look like a bitch in a match against kong. She literally palm striked kong so hard her hands started bleeding. By the end of this match it became, who can be the bigger bitch. Really good match though, with more heat in one frame, than most matches have in their entirety. ****3/4
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:18:54 PM by TheElfenLiedPictureShow »

Aja_Nakano

« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »
Aja Kong vs. Sugar Sato (GAEA Megaride)

I was watching the GAEA Megaride event (I taped it from TWC in the summer). The video is dodgy so the whole of the first match (Kansai vs. Devil Masami) was not watchable. However, the second match pitted Aja vs. Sugar Sato. The first time I saw Sugar Sato, it was in a singles match against Ozaki on a GAEA show and I didn't really think much of it. However, this match was pretty good. Not a great match, but it is still enjoyable and the ending was quite shocking for me. **1/2-**3/4

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2007, 07:38:58 PM »
Megumi Kudo vs Aja Kong
Really good match. Don't confuse Kudo with a highflier, because she's not. Instead she's an amazing technician who can brawl with the best of them. I really liked this match, and loved kudo going blow for blow with kong, and working over kong's arm so well. Definitely gonna up this one sometime this week. ****1/4

Manami Toyota vs Mima Shimoda

I think I may just have a new favorite match. Thatdude's right to say it's 30 minutes of clawing and suplexing. There must be like 50 suplexes in this one match. I loved it. Both women were uber agressive, did great highflying spots, and had suplexes galore. *****
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 08:29:18 PM by TheElfenLiedPictureShow »

Aja_Nakano

« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2007, 08:20:21 PM »
Kyoko Inoue vs. Dynamite Kansai - Big Egg Wrestling Universe

What can I say? I could not get into this match whatsoever. The description underneath the download link said that this was a match worthy of the Tokyo Dome, but I can't see how it was. Especially when you compare it to Kong vs.Toyota and Kong vs. winner of this match.  These two just don't mesh well together imo. The giant swing outside the ring was cool, I was thinking what would have happened if Kyoko let go and Kansai went off the runway. But for the most of this match it just plods along with the submission moves and it really doesn't tell any kind of story. It gets good in the last 3-5 minutes. However, by that time my interest had already waned. **
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 08:22:23 PM by Aja_Nakano »

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2007, 08:33:12 PM »
That's my major beef with kyoko. Too much of her matches consist of submission moves. Not even chain wrestling, and rarely cool looking ones. A lot will just be like boston crabs or camel clutches.

Manami Toyota vs Mayumi Ozaki
I have to say, I was a little disappointed in this match. I expected it to be epic given their WWWA tag title matches against each other. There were some cool parts when they got really aggressive with each each other, but for the most part this match didn't take it to the gear they did in previous tag matches against each other. Still a really good match, but not nearly what you'd expect from these two. ***3/4

Aja_Nakano

« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
That was probably the first Kyoko match that I saw when I was kinda bored. Usually I love watching her wrestle. She is right up there with Bull, Aja, Akira, Mayumi & Manami as my fave joshis ever (maybe a level below). It was just with that match the two just never clicked.

Aja Kong vs. Dynamite Kansai - Big Egg Wrestling Universe

The two stiff hitters face of again. The match starts with Aja nailing a hard backfist on Kansai (I just love seeing Kansai getting hit with stiff shots for some reason). Some stiff kicks from Kansai followed by some nice submission holds. Aja is able to come back with some submissions of her own, before the match begins to heat up. Seeing Kansai lift Aja up for the powerbomb was really cool. The ending sequence was really good. Kansai kicks out of the move that Aja beat her with in their 1993 singles match. Then Aja hits a double foot stomp from the top that just looked so painful. The crowd really got into the match and both joshis worked really well together. The ending sequence of moves was exciting too. I've seen three singles matches between these two (1993, Big Egg and Kansai winning the WWWA belt) and this is perhaps the weakest one that I have seen. However, that's not to say that this match is bad because it isn't. It's just that the other two matches had longer time to develop. None the less this is a really enjoyable match between the two stiff hitters. ***1/4

now to watch Chigusa vs. Devil Masami for the first time in over a year.

Offline conchinette

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2007, 02:39:32 AM »

The Dreamslam 1 Memorial Superfight?

Aja_Nakano

« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2007, 07:38:49 AM »

The Dreamslam 1 Memorial Superfight?

The one that happened on the same night as Lioness/Jaguar. From 87 or something like that.

Offline conchinette

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2007, 08:21:25 AM »

The one that happened on the same night as Lioness/Jaguar. From 87 or something like that.

Ah, now there's an example of a match sustained by crowd heat. I like that more than the Jaguar vs Lioness match.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2007, 09:24:17 PM »
Kyoko Inoue & Bull Nakano vs Aja Kong & Manami Toyota
Wow, really amazing tag team work done here. Both teams had great and inventive double team attacks. This was just a plain great match. Nothing that's gonna make you cream your pants, but still a bloody good match. ****1/2

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2007, 03:21:19 AM »
ayako hamada vs meiko satomura (07/22/07)
joshi's MOTY no doubt
although i marked out for IBUKI for yoshida vs emoto, to be honest, this is 2007's MOTY
i liked how they exchanged kicks and tried their damnest to pin the other. you gotta admire satomura's endurance of hamada's powerbombs but hamada turned out to be the better wrestler here. i was expecting satomura to win here coz she owned this promotion. hamada received NO streamers at all that when she won the match, the crowd went dead. maybe if it didn't happen in sendai, some fans would riot over this match