Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 201690 times)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #1175 on: June 28, 2015, 10:39:59 PM »
Stardom 6/20/15, Wonder of Stardom - Io Shirai (c) vs. Star Fire
This was probably Star Fire's best performance in Stardom yet. She was in control most of the match and managed a nifty showcase. Unfortunately I found Io sort of uninspiring, and the finish a was a bit quick and too easy for Io, doing Star Fire no favors after delivering such a nice showing.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 15, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
Some WAVE stuff.

WAVE 5/3/15 - Hikura Shida vs. Sakura Hirota
Fun action compacted into 5 minutes. It builds off of their past matches in an interesting way with Sakura and Shida having clever counters for one another's signature moves. **3/4

OZABUN 5/10/15 - Yumi Ohka vs. Mika Iida
I don't know when Mika Iida got so good, but man, she's becoming one of my favorite joshi wrestlers. She ruthlessly targets Ohka's arm and leg (whichever she can get a hold of) and uses uppercuts as her go-to strike. Ohka plays a good powerhouse against a much smaller opponent and that includes not selling bodywork very often .. but what are you gonna do. A jampacked 7 minute bout. ***3/4

WAVE 5/20/15 - Yumi Ohka vs. Kaho Kobayashi
Kaho tries to steal a win at the start and pays for it. It's an uphill battle for the rookie from there. I liked the way Yumi user her size advantage to curb Kaho's occasional comeback. Good match with a nifty finishing stretch. ***1/2

WAVE 5/20/15 - Mika Iida vs. Ryo Mizunami
Mizunami is a beast, bringing the fire at the opening bell before her momentum ends of hurting her. Iida picks her spots and targets the arm throughout. STIFF lariats (including a rainmaker) from Mizunami and cool counters in tense situations from Iida. Very much a back-and-forth power/tech match.  Really enjoyable sprint. ***3/4

M.I.O 11/9/14 - Neko Nitta vs. Mika Iida
Holy shit was this amazing! I can't believe I glossed over it last year. Neko sold Mika's legwork and the sheer struggle of this match perfectly; when she was put into a submission hold, she was so frantic and desperate in her escape. Such a wonderful performance. Iida's flaunts her superior technical skill and is particularly aggressive here, even going as far as to stomp the poor Cat Lady on the head. Neko eventually digs deep to make the comeback, leading to a tense final stretch of flash-pins. Post-match, Neko's still limping which was a nice touch. ****
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:03:26 PM by WFSX »

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 19, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »
WAVE 7/5/15 - Mika Iida vs. Mari Anne
Mari Anne is a 17 y/o trainee from Sportiva Entertainment/some-company-I-have-never-heard-of .. anyway, the usual drop kick city~ offense you'd expect from a joshi newb. She didn't botch at all so that's good. Iida kept things in control here. *

WAVE 7/5/15 - Mio Shirai vs. Kaho Kobayashi
A WAVE addition to their OZ Academy feud (minus the heat bc this is WAVE). Mio finds many neat ways to kick her opponent as usual. **

WAVE 7/5/15 - Hikaru Shida vs. Cherry
Cherry is a massive prick here and uses an assortment of dirty tactics (eye rakes, waterbottles, buckles, towels, etc, etc) as she tries to worm her way to victory in Toru Yano-ish fashion.  However, Shida stays persistent and overpowers her at every turn. **3/4

WAVE 7/5/15 - Kyusei Sakura Hirota vs. Kana
Starts off similar to the match before it in some ways with Sakura desperately trying to steal the win .. yadda, yadda, but becomes something else entirely during the middle portion. Both competitors try their hand at one another's style and end up failing .. Kana, who was then-undefeated in Catch the Wave, more so. The small crowd pops huge for the finish. ***

WAVE 7/5/15 - Yumi Ohka vs. Misaki Ohata
A heated match between former Black Dhalia stablemates with both competitors needing the win to make it to the Catch the Wave semi finals. Ohata is the most aggressive I've seen her here - I mean, there's a moment where she hits THREE CURBSTOMPS IN A ROW - and Ohka does a good job working from beneath. The desperation and drama is played it quite well with both using every one of their finishing moves. A few minor missteps from Ohka aside (who appeared to be in legit pain), this was a great match. ***3/4
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:39:24 PM by WFSX »

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 28, 2015, 01:43:20 AM »
Stardom 7/11/15 -  Star Fire vs. Momo Watanabe
Star Fire puts quite a beating on the rookie with many unique holds. That double underhook piledriver is damn frightening, though. Idk about that being used on the newer trainees. This could have been a borderline great match if Momo got in more offense, alas, that isn't how these squash matches work. Momo is coming along nicely. **

Stardom 7/11/15 -  Kaori Yoneyama vs. Reo Hazuki
Reo is still very meh, imo, and I can't remember the last time Yoneyama gave much of an effort. *

Stardom 7/11/15 - Kairi Hojo & Haruka Kato vs. Hudson Envy & Nikki Storm
There is budding heat between Hojo and Envy so the two being in seperate 5 Star GP blocks is puzzling. Haruka 'ARMBAR' Kato works well in her comfort zone and the subplot of this match is her justifying teaming with Hojo. Decent. **

Stardom 7/11/15 - Goddesses of Stardom Championship: Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Chelsea & Melissa
Very fun tag match. It's Io/Mayu's flashy offense against Chelsea and Melissa's deliberate, 'merican tactics of splitting the ring in half and frequently tagging in and out. Fortunately Mayu is the focus of Chelsea and Melissa's legwork bc Io more than likely wouldn't have sold it as brillantly (or at all). Seriously, Mayu is an amazing FIP and her flexbility allows her to recieve some hellish submission holds, while Io's role as the hot tag is perfect for her rapid fire moveset. Great stuff. ***3/4

JWP 7/11/15 - JWP & Daily Sports Tag Team Championship: Voladoras (Leon & Ray) (c) vs. Rabbit Miyu & Rydeen Hagane
Excellent tag team match. Everyone looked good and everything is executed perfectly. Miyu and Hagane worked really well together with their blend of speed and power. Leon, though, brought the heat. There are some very rough (in a good way) segments between her and Rabbit Miyu; one of which ends with Rabbit taking a scary tumble. Of course, I can't forget about Ray .. she does neat, fluid flippy things, but Leon is the real MVP here. ****

JWP 7/11/15 - Arisa Nakajima vs. Hikaru Shida
This is a superb match. There are so many greats things here; Shida's arrogance and cockyness, Nakajima's selling and fighting spirit; the shinai/chair exchange, etc, etc. The structure is centered around Shida working over the mid-section and Arisa trying everything she can to survive. There are some wicked gut/backbreakers from Shida, esp. that fireman's carry drop on the turnbuckle (!). Arisa has the god-given gift of making her matches feel raw and organic, and this one is no exception. ****1/2

JWP 7/11/15 - JWP Openweight Championship: Kayoko Haruyama (c) vs. Command Bolshoi
Bolshoi was really, really impressive here and Haruyama did some neat stuff in her own right. It's a great match with cool counters and a nifty finish that is somewhat hampered by Haruyama's selective selling. Her struggle against Bolshoi, which was told quite well, would have been a hell of a lot more compelling if she had sold the submission holds properly. That aside, this is a very solid match. ***1/4

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 28, 2015, 01:49:09 AM »
Where did you find the Stardom matches?
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 28, 2015, 02:26:06 AM »
Dat Puro. No one has uploaded them yet, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:33:43 AM by WFSX »

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 04, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »
Stardom 7/26/15 -  NEO High Speed Championship: Star Fire (c) vs. Kris Wolf
Way too many cuts to rate properly. Kris Wolf's execution is impressive even though I still don't think she has a grasp on the more technical aspects of wrestling such as pacing and selling, etc. The finish combination from Star Fire was fucking brutal (in a good way). N/A

Stardom 7/26/15 -  Io Shirai & Mio Shirai vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Mayu Iwatani
The Io/Mayu/Matsumoto segments were great. The problem here lies with Mio and her cavalier attitude towards her 'doofus sister'. I understand the story they're telling, it's just that the dysfunction tag bit is stretched out until the finish and hinders what otherwise could have been a much better match. There were times where it seemed more like a handicapped match than a proper tag. We need a Io/Matsumoto Stardom match at some point. **1/4

Stardom 7/26/15 - World of Stardom Championship: Kairi Hojo (c) vs. Meiko Satomura
I liked the callbacks to their previous encounters, how they built off of them. It felt a lot less flashy than their previous match and much more grounded. The final half irked me a bit because Hojo ignores Satomura's armwork and her missing the elbow drop plays such a crucial part in the finish. Hojo usually does a good job at selling so that was disappointing. Despite this, though, I still found the match to be enjoyable. Lots of drama and heavy smacks. ***3/4

Hojo/Satomura for anyone who wants to watch:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1gYqBgXyMCt9xciZh0

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 04, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
I Liked Hojo/Satomura IIII  but Hojo really needs to add some stuff to her move-set  some of her matches can get a little too similar. Her acting and emoting is great though.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 11, 2015, 09:40:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ6GuHZaKww

Io/Mio vs. Mayu/Matsumoto is up for anyone interested in watching it.

The reason Stardom shows haven't been uploaded lately is because they're being removed for copyright violations, so watch this before it's gone.

Offline K-Lock

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 11, 2015, 10:20:04 PM »
They're actually set in private and handed out in the Joshi Facebook groups by the uploader. They're uploaded, just secretly.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: August 12, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »
Got an address for the group?
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline K-Lock

• Neophyte
    • View Profile

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 13, 2015, 04:12:01 PM »
thanks
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: September 14, 2015, 12:32:52 AM »
STARDOM, 8/30/15, 5★GP - Hudson Envy vs. La Rosa Negra
Solid match with the two showing good chemistry and busting out some nice stuff. I hope Negra sticks around past the tournament. She would be a welcome addition. l

STARDOM, 8/30/15, 5★GP - Chelsea vs. Queen Maya
Maya plays up her queen gimmick well and really knows how use her size. I was honestly expecting worse from her, but she made this worthwhile. Chelsea wasn't bad, but none of her offense was truly good enough to really make you believe she had a chance. Still, they had some setups to really show Maya off. Decent match.

STARDOM, 8/30/15, 5★GP - Io Shirai VS Kris Wolfe
Fun match with some nice moments based around Wofle's impish attitude/style. Only wish the finish was a bit better.

STARDOM, 8/30/15, 5★GP - Mayu Iwatani vs. Kaori Yoneyama
On the shorter side of things, but full of action with a very nice finishing stretch.

STARDOM, 8/30/15, 5★GP - Kairi Hojo vs. Star Fire
Dug the mat/chain wrestling in the first part. Thought they spent too much time outside though there still decent moments. The action back in the ring was going well until they got too close to the clock and kept screwing up one of Kairi 's signature moves/set ups. It never quite fell apart, but the match still would have been much stronger had they moved on from it completely after the first attempt or never attempted it in the first place. Decent match, but it never felt like it got a good payoff to what was built. Despite the disappointment I can totally see something stronger from the two in the future if they cross path in singles again.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 20, 2015, 10:11:22 PM »
OZ 8/23/15 - OZ Academy Openweight Championship: AKINO, Sonoko Kato & Tsubasa Kuragaki vs. Arisa Nakajima, Hikaru Shida & Hiroyo Matsumoto
What a match! There was so much great stuff crammed into this generational battle. Sonoko Kato over coming the odds was such a feel good moment, esp. considering this was the first singles belt of her career. I thought they booked the 3-on-1 scenario in a way that didn't make her opponents look like buffoons. They would make a minor mistake and the vet would strike in a big way on a moment's notice. The psychology was brilliant. Nakajima being a prick to Kagestu and Kaho and selfishly backstabbing Matsumoto (and paying for it) so she could pin Kato herself were my favorite portions of the match. She is always a thrill to watch. 40+ minutes in, Kato and Mastumoto look like hell during the last man standing portion, their offense is stripped down to finishing maneuvers and it's a gnarly pro-wrestling war of attrition. ****

Offline infernalmiko

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: September 27, 2015, 12:31:18 PM »
Time to get back into Joshi Puroresu.  I've not watched for a few years so I'm really out of date.  But I'm working on a mod for a wrestling game and if my stats are going to be remotely accurate it's time to do some research.

Wave on V*Paradise Augusut 2015

1. Ryo Mizunami/Mari Anne -vs- Moeka Haruhi/Hiroe Nagahama.

Ryu Mizunami was the most polished in this match by far.  Her power based offense was well executed and credible.  She shows good emotion and adjust4ed smoothly when Nagahama was no in position for a spot.  Mary Anne was better than anticipated.  Rookie offense with forearms, dropkicks and rollups, but she had a little height to her dropkicks and her forearms looked ok.  I remember liking Moeka more but this match was very clipped so it's hard to tell.  Hiroe Nagahama was the worst of the bunch.  No obvious flubs, though again the match was heavily edited.  Her forearms were so so and her dropkicks lack height. 

2.  Chikayo Nagashima/Fairy Nipponbashi/Yuu Yamagata -vs- Mio Shirai/Misaki Ohata/Tsukasa Fujimoto.

Comedy match, though itm picked up with Yamagata and Fujimoto doing some nice matwork.  I've always been fond of Yamagata in an old school sort of way.  I could not pick up much about their wrestling styles, the match was more about Shirai and Ohata not cooperating with Fujimoto, finally switching sides.  And Fairy's comedy.  I saw enough of Fujimoto to want to see more though.  This was my first time watching her and she was fun.

3. Mio Shirai -vs- Kaho Kobayashi.

Fun match, Kaho is coming along well.   Basic rookie offense but executed well enough and there was some chain wrestling and counters without Kobaysahi ever looking lost.  The headbutt ending from Mio was surprise, I've not seen her do that before.

4. La Comandante/Ryo Mizunami/Rina Yamashita -vs- Chikayo Nagashima/Yuu Yamagata/Fairy Nipponbashi.

Another Fairy match with the main story being Comandante doesn't understand she's supposed to work with Fairy's 'magic' so she doesn't react to it and destroys Fairy instead.   I'm interested to see more of Yamashita though, she's not the typical thin young rookie. 

5. Ayako Hamada -vs- Yuki Miyazaki.

Nice to see Miyazaki back!  I thought she did pretty well given how long she was gone.  The match was more even than I expected.  Hamada hit her spots but isn't as mobile as I remember her being, I was going to compare her energy level unfavorably to Ryo Mizunami but then it hit me Hamada's 34 years old.  Hard to believe she debuted over 15 years ago.  Time flies.

6. Mio Shirai/Misaki Ohata -vs- Hiroyo Matsumoto/Ryo Mizunami.

This was a fun match.  Not a ton of heat but I enjoyed the power vs agility aspect.  It's interesting to see how wrestlers have changed since I was last watching puroresu.  Ryu Mizunami stands out alot more to me.  I've always liked Lady Destroyer and Matsumoto looks good here.  Mio's broadened her moveset a little and doesn't have the same shoot style feel she had before.  Not really feeling her hollow plastic weapon, but this might be a WAVE thing.   

7. Mika Iida -vs- Hikaru Shida.     *Semi-

About six minutes out of sixteen shown.  I'd have liked to see more.  Mika Iida uses forearms uppercuts which is cool old school, I don't see that much anymore.  The editing mostly just showed spots so it's hard to get a feel for their psychology or chain wrestling, but I enjoyed what I saw.

8. Yumi Ohka -vs- Kana.

About six minutes of a ten minute match.  Kana's style doesn't seem to have changed much, though I don't think she's as stiff as she was.  For some reason I'm noticing when people stand still on counter moves.  There is a spot where Kana bounces off the rope and has to run to the middle of the ring so a stationary Ohka can hit her with a knee. It would look better if Ohka just took a couple steps forward so it at least looks like she's cutting off whatever Kana had planned.  Instead it's obvious it's a planned spot.  I noticed the same thing from Hamada a couple of times.  Aside from this it was an enjoyable match, but could have been better.   

9. Yumi Ohka -vs- Mika Iida.

About ten minutes show out of twenty.  I'd have liked to see more.  I'm really starting to enjoy watching Iida.  She's energetic, works her moves well.  She was going after Ohka's knee and a couple of times switched up her moves and I was wondering if that marked the point where they forget about the leg but then she'd find a way to transition back into going after Ohka's knee.  This would have been even better if Ohka sold the knee when she was on offense since she uses knee strikes and kicks alot.  I really enjoyed this match.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 01, 2015, 12:02:04 AM »
Kana Pro 3/8/15 - Kana & Konami Takemoto vs. Syuri & Hikaru Shida
Solid action action with the match never slowing down much. Shida & Syrui made for a decent team. Konami did fine, but could have brought more spirit to the table. Kana was good in support role, rescuing Konami when needed and having nice face offs with Syuri. Good match.

JWP 7/11/15 - Arisa Nakajima vs. Hikaru Shida
Shida actually controlled this one with Arisa making occasional strong comebacks, but the damage to her back taking its toll on her as it went on. Thought this was good, probably the best match I've seen Shida in though I think this was a bit more on Arisa and her selling.

Stardom, 7/26/15, World of Stardom - Kairi Hojo (c) vs. Meiko Satomura
I thought this played well off of their first title match with Hojo coming in less cocky and trying to play things a bit smarter. It leads to her bringing more of a fight and not being on pure defensive. Still they push well that Meiko is still just that much stronger with her managing to counter and tear away Hojo's momentum on nearly all of her big moves. I appreciated the finish with Meiko not leaving anything to chance hitting two DVB before going for the pin. Very good match though not quite up to the level of their first match with some flubs and weaker moments. Still I enjoy the story they are telling with Hojo showing growth, but still being a few levels below someone like Meiko.

Stardom 9/13/15, 5*GP - Chelsea vs. KAORU
One sided and kind of boring. I didn't find KAORU interesting at all when in control, and Chelsea's comebacks were pretty weak for the most part.

Stardom 9/13/15, 5*GP - Mayu Iwatani vs. La Rosa Negra
Decent match with some nice bits of action. I think Negra was maybe just a pinch too goofy though with some of her actions and offense.

Stardom 9/13/15, 5*GP - Kairi Hojo vs. Queen Maya
This was a lot of what you might expect with plenty of big vs. small, speed vs. power focused action. It was actually pretty decent for the most part though the inability to hit the bigger spots of the match along with the poorly executed finish made for a weaker match than this could have been. I would love to see these two try this again at some point as I can see a stronger match between them.

Stardom 9/13/15, 5*GP - Io Shirai vs. Hudson Envy
Started off nice though the early bits on the outside hurt this a little. Otherwise, this was pretty solid. Envy & Io have good chemistry and brought some good action to the table. I really dug the finish with Envy just going into overkill mode to make sure there was no chance of a kickout.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 03, 2015, 06:12:06 PM »
Stardom 9/23/15 - Goddesses of Stardom Championship:  Thunder Rock
(Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani) (c) vs. Jumonji Sisters (Dash Chisako & Sendai Sachiko)

Thunder Rock's new entrance theme is Pledge of Z. Sweet. Anyway, this match is structured differently than their previous match in Sendai Girls with Jumonji Sisters working a more aggressive style as outsiders and Thunder Rock working underneath, which made for an interesting dynamic. The action is constant and flows well -- it is a 'well-worked spotfest', I would say. The segments between Io/DASH and Mayu/Sendai -- esp. the SUPERKICK WARS between the latter -- were fun. I also liked the dramatic finishing stretch with last-second reversals/break ups. This has been a great year for Mayu, she's become one of my favorites. ****1/2

Stardom 9/23/15 - Kairi Hojo vs. Hudson Envy
The heat between Hojo/Envy has been building up for a while and has finally culminated into a singles match. I should have saw this one coming. I didn't like this match as much as some others, it was solid and there were some nifty moments with Envy's scumbag heel tactics and overconfidence, but overall it didn't captivate me, especially after the grandiose match before it. Hojo's spinninig backfist though, always nice to hear/see them. **3/4

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 30, 2015, 03:20:37 PM »
Mayu Iwatani vs Rosa Negra for the High speed title 10/11/15
Really fun fast paced matchup. Mayu has really come into her own this year, and I'm disappointed that Rosa got hurt as he she was talented hand to have around, and fit in well with the Joshi style.

Io Shirai vs Dark Angel Sarah Stock wonder of stardom title
This was a great showcase for Sarah. Only thing I didn't like is the format of Io getting her butt kicked and then miraculously making a comeback at the end is getting a little tired this year .

Azumi vs Hiromi 10/25/15
Fun match that got a little messy at the end. Azumi wrestles very confidently for being so young and has a lot of potential. Hiromi is also pretty good and seems more polished than the typical rookie.

Starlight Kid vs Momo vs  Kaori Yoneyama -  This was a fun and creative match , I really liked seeing Momo branching out and adding some new spots outside of suplexes and dropkicks. Only blemishes being the sloppy head scissors (thats a tough move for rookies to pull off though) and the weak strikes by Starlight Kids which can be explained by the fax that she's young ad has only wrestled 2 matches.

Santanna and Hiroyo vs Io and mayu
A really solid tag match. Only real complaint was that Santann'as strikes were a little soft.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 23, 2015, 02:48:34 AM »
Sendai Girls 11/12/15 - 6v6 Elimination Match: Stardom (Hiromi Mimura, Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo, Kris Wolf, Mayu Iwatani & Momo Watanabe) vs. Sendai Girls (Cassandra Miyagi, Chihiro Hashimoto, DASH Chisako, Meiko Satomura, Mika Iwata & Sendai Sachiko)
I liked Hashimoto tossing around Stardom rookies and Iwata's high kicks, but shit really started to pick up at Io vs. Sachiko. There was so much heat between the two; Korakuen was on fire. Hojo vs. Satomura was a fresh addition to their feud. I liked Hojo desperately stalling out the time to get Satomura eliminated. Mayu vs. DASH/Cassandra: After barely surviving a grumpy DASH Chisako, Mayu has to contend with what I perceive to be a bizarre parody of Dump Matsumoto (except with actual wrestling ability; she does a nifty dropkick). Excellent match. ***3/4

Stardom 11/15/15 - Kairi Hojo vs. Mika Iwata
Fucking hell, Hojo doesn't pull any punches in this match. Iwata ends up with a bruised chest and a possible broken nose as a result. You don't typically see this level of violence in a Stardom ring, this was for sure the 'paying your dues' moment of her career. Great stuff from both wrestlers. ***1/2

Stardom 11/15/15 - Wonder of Stardom: Io Shirai (c) vs. Sendai Sachiko
Well, this was a huge disappointment, especially after their awesome Sendai x Stardom encounter. I had to give this another watch to see if I had missed anything, but it still didn't do much for me. Thank God no one was hurt after the botched Spanish Fly. **

Stardom 11/15/15 - World of Stardom: Meiko Satomura (c) vs. Mayu Iwatani
I don't think there was a single person in attendance who thought Mayu actually had a chance of winning, but she put up a good fight when she wasn't getting ragdolled by Satomura's kicks. This was a decent little match. It felt more like a mid card singles than a main event for the top title. **3/4

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 23, 2015, 07:43:07 AM »
Sendai Girls 11/12/15 - 6v6 Elimination Match: Stardom (Hiromi Mimura, Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo, Kris Wolf, Mayu Iwatani & Momo Watanabe) vs. Sendai Girls (Cassandra Miyagi, Chihiro Hashimoto, DASH Chisako, Meiko Satomura, Mika Iwata & Sendai Sachiko)
I liked Hashimoto tossing around Stardom rookies and Iwata's high kicks, but shit really started to pick up at Io vs. Sachiko. There was so much heat between the two; Korakuen was on fire. Hojo vs. Satomura was a fresh addition to their feud. I liked Hojo desperately stalling out the time to get Satomura eliminated. Mayu vs. DASH/Cassandra: After barely surviving a grumpy DASH Chisako, Mayu has to contend with what I perceive to be a bizarre parody of Dump Matsumoto (except with actual wrestling ability; she does a nifty dropkick). Excellent match. ***3/4

Fucking hell, Hojo doesn't pull any punches in this match. Iwata ends up with a bruised chest and a possible broken nose as a result. You don't typically see this level of violence in a Stardom ring, this was for sure the 'paying your dues' moment of her career. Great stuff from both wrestlers. ***1/2

Stardom 11/15/15 - Wonder of Stardom: Io Shirai (c) vs. Sendai Sachiko
Well, this was a huge disappointment, especially after their awesome Sendai x Stardom encounter. I had to give this another watch to see if I had missed anything, but it still didn't do much for me. Thank God no one was hurt after the botched Spanish Fly. **

Stardom 11/15/15 - World of Stardom: Meiko Satomura (c) vs. Mayu Iwatani
I don't think there was a single person in attendance who thought Mayu actually had a chance of winning, but she put up a good fight when she wasn't getting ragdolled by Satomura's kicks. This was a decent little match. It felt more like a mid card singles than a main event for the top title. **3/4

Where'd you see these?

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 26, 2015, 10:54:28 AM »
Stardom 8/23/15 - Io Shirai vs. Mayu Iwatani
Plenty of good action here with Mayu showing a nice mean streak I hope she uses more often in the future. Really good match, probably the bets performance I've seen from Mayu this year so far.

Stardom 8/23/15 - Kairi Hojo vs. Chelsea
Decent action and build. Dug Hojo's attitude & assertiveness. Chelsea brought a bit more to the table as well. Good match, easily Chelsea's best performance in Stardom. I only wish she would have brought more of this type of performance to the rest of the tournament.

Stardom 9/23/15, Goddesses of Stardom - Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatanai (c) vs. Sendai Sachiko & Dash CHisako
Thought this was big improvement over their Sendai match which wasn't bad, but felt like they were going a bit through the motions. Thought the action was good and better built with a decent flow. The Jumonji sisters weren't afraid to heel it up every so slightly. Dash in particular showed a good mean streak. Not quite a great match, but damn good and easily the best tag match I've seen from either team.

Stardom 10-11-15 - {Stardom} Kris Wolf Vs. Hiromi Mimura
Match was ok. Mimura looked decent if a bit forgettable outside of her entrance.

Stardom 10-11-15 - Haruka Kato Vs. Saori Anou
Decent enough. Anou feels like she has some power behind her and is more athletic than one would think just looking at her. I'm really interested to see how she develops in a few months because there is definite potential in her.

Stardom 10-11-15, High Speed Title - La Rosa Negra (c) vs. Mayu Iwatani
The two meshed together pretty well and brought some very nice action to the table. Good match on the whole. Mayu's improvement thois last year has been damn impressive, and Negra has been one of the better gaijin pick ups Stardom has made despite her goofiness. I really hope Negra returns at some point.

Stardom 10-11-15 Wonder of Stardom - Io Shirai (c) vs. Dark Angel
I loved this one. Stock was fantastic on offense and brought so much nifty shit to the table. This was easily the best I've seen Stock look in Stardom. I would have liked to seen Io get in just a bit more offense,  but it was nothing like her match with Star Fire where she beat her way too easily. Io had more comebacks and had to work for a bit for the win. Damn good match. Its a shame though that the best match I've seen from Stock is likely her last for a good while. Still its a good match to go out on.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 28, 2015, 11:58:50 PM »
Stardom 11/8/15 - Kairi Hojo & Haruka Kato vs. Act Yasukawa & Holidead
Holidead made good use of her size, & I enjoyed Hojo & Kato being scared shitless of her, gradually building up their courage to take her on. Unfortunately the finish is flat with the draw not being well built at all.

Stardom 11/8/15, Goddesses of Stardom Final/Tag Titles - Io Shirai & Mayu Iwantai (c) vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Santana Garrett
This ended up being more of a handicap match as Garrett's leg was too hurt, forcing Matsumoto work 95% of the match. That honestly wasn't a bad thing though as it was fun seeing her hand Io & Mayu their asses for a good while. Decent match.

Sendai vs. Stardom 11/12/15, 6x6 Elimination Match - Satomura/Chisako/Sachiko/Miyagi/Iwata/Hashimoto vs. Hojo/Shirai/Iwatani/Wolf/Watanabe/Mimura
Hashimoto vs. Watanabe, Mimura, & Wolf were basically short showcases for Hashimoto with her seemingly getting stronger each showing. They weren't the best matches with Hashimoto still being pretty green, but there is a raw potential there that shows each time. Hashimoto vs. Io was darn fun and the best Hashimoto has looked yet. She was far more confident working a with a vet so everything she did came off pretty well. It was also fun to see Io coming in a bit overly bitchy and suffering for it once or twice. Io vs. Iwata was a good showing for Iwata. Iwata brought plenty of spirit and got in a good deal of offense. Honestly, depending on how fast Hashimoto grows I can see Iwata getting the bigger position sooner. Io/Sachiko & Hojo/Satomura both had some noticeable flubs, but built into some good finishes. Io & Sachiko showed some good frustration and desperation towards the end while Satomura vs. Hojo continued to play off their previous matches and the fact that Hojo just isn't quite ready for to beat Meiko. Mayu vs. Dash was fun and really makes me interested in seeing what she does post-Sachiko. Dash has a wonderfully annoyed, bitchy attitude that she really brought out here. I only wish the finish went a little better. Mayu vs. Miyagi was a pretty decent. Miyagi is still figuring out her style, especially with the massive character change. She does decent enough job controlling the match, but still has a lot about her that screams rookie. I do look forward to seeing how she is when these kinks have been worked out because she shows definite potential here with how she occasionally threw Mayu around. Not great on the whole but damn fun with Sendai's rookies having a good showing despite Stardom running away with the win.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:37:21 AM by Eivion »
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 05, 2015, 12:51:23 AM »
Hojo controlled things early on and bought nice bit a nastiness to the table until her ego got the best of and gave Iwata the chance to shine a bit before dying horribly. This was a nice match. This and the Chelsea match made me realize how much I like Hojo in the more assertive position. She has a good attitude and carries herself well when she gets chances like this. Iwata continues to look pretty solid though she has a ways to go. i do think Hojo might have sold just a tad much for Iwata, but this was otherwise perfect for its intentions of letting Iwata shine a bit. With that said it, would have been better off on a Sendai show.

Stardom 11/15/15, Wonder of Stardom - Io Shirai (c) vs. Sendai Sachiko
This built into a pretty solid match with Io getting in a decent amount of offense and Sachiko cutting her off at some nice moments. The only thing that mars it a bit is unfortunately the finish which got botched. They recovered well gong to Io moonsault, but it would have been perfect had they hit the Spanish Fly. A Solid match nonetheless.

Stardom 11/15/15, World of Stardom - Meiko Satomura (c) vs. Mayu Iwatani
Not a bad match at all, but I found this one disappointing. Mayu got in a lot of offense w/o getting in a truly believable moment where she could win. It feels like they should have either had a slightly longer match for better build or had Meiko dominate Mayu a bit more to make more of Mayu's comebacks. I did like the finish though which was Meiko just choosing to punish poor Mayu.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #1199 on: December 13, 2015, 12:16:58 PM »
Eivion, thanks for keeping this going.