Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 185075 times)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #1150 on: December 22, 2014, 12:47:27 AM »
Stardom 12/7/14, Rookie of the Year Dogfight - Reo hazuki vs. Kris Wolf. vs. Momo Watanabe
First two matches with Kris Wolf weren't much. Momo vs. Reo was a pretty solid little match, Wolf vs. Hazuki the second time around was better as well. Not a bad match though nothing strong either. Watanabe is green but showed potential in her match with Reo. Wolf is still bit green and too loose. She really needs to focus on what she does well right now and work from there. Reo was easily the best here. She shows confidence and seems to know her general role.

Stardom 12/7/14 - Yoshiko vs. Mystique
Decent enough match with Mystique probably looking the best she has so far just keeping ground and working over Yoshiko's arm.

Stardom 12/7/14 - Kairi Hojo & Koguma vs. Act Yasukawa & Kellie Skater
Ok match, but nothing too special. Act doesn't seem like she is a 100% back in the groove of things, but with how she got better as the match went on its likely on a matter of time.

Stardom 12/7/14 - Nanae Takahahsi vs. Miho Wakizawa
Didn't do much for me. Took a bit too long to get to the more serious action .

Stardom 12/7/14, Artist of Stardom - Kaori Yoneyama, Hatsuhinode Kamen, & Tsubaki Kuragaki (c) vs. Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatanai, & Takumi Iroha
Probably the best match for these belts yet. It was nothing amazing, but the goofieness was kept down, and the action solid. Things got especially fun with the double/triple team moves and whenever Kuragaki was in the ring. This really left me wanting to see Kuragaki vs. Io and Kuragaki vs. Iroha n a smaller scale. Hopefully this isn't the end of Kuragaki's time in Stardom.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 25, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »
Kairi Hojo vs Meiko Satomura Fortune Dream 2
This was a pretty good match nothing amazing but overall very solid. One thing that hurt it is that Meiko is not super flexible so Kairi couldn't really apply some of her submissions as well as she usually does.. It was nice that the crowd supported Kairi so well though. 

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 25, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
Just finished that one. Thought it was a nice enough match. About what I expected with Kairi getting her moments shine, but being clearly outclassed by the end. Thought Kairi looked decent though she needs add a bit more offense for variation, and learn when to drop a spot when its not working like that bridging submission of her's. Was very pleased to see the crowd so into her.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 25, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »
Just finished that one. Thought it was a nice enough match. About what I expected with Kairi getting her moments shine, but being clearly outclassed by the end. Thought Kairi looked decent though she needs add a bit more offense for variation, and learn when to drop a spot when its not working like that bridging submission of her's. Was very pleased to see the crowd so into her.

I noticed that too about her move set  it's basically sliding d, spear, elbow drop , various submissions,  running blockbuster neck breaker, elbow strikes and chops.  She could stand to add a suplex or a slam.  It's odd though because most of the stardom trainees have pretty expansive move sets or at the very least add a new move or spot very so often . Kairi's been about the same since she started.

It's not  that bad though as she executes all of her spots really well for the most part.   

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 30, 2014, 09:16:47 PM »
Stardom 12/23/14 year end climax

Only going to comment on the last 3 matches as the rest of them were really just the ending segments.

Wakizawas retirement inter-gender tag match   
I thought this was really fun with a nice mix of comedy and action. I just wish Io was given a segment or two with the men as that would have been cool , but she wasn't the focus of the match which is understandable.

Yoshiko vs Saki Akai
Not as bad as I was expecting no real major botches but everything was super simple and Akai is just not very convincing.

Takahashi/Hojo vs Iroha/Sera
Really nice match with everyone meshing together well. I think Sera particularly poked better than usual showing a more aggressive side. I think Iroha will be ready to be a constant main evener in the next year.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: December 31, 2014, 10:22:39 PM »
Ice Ribbon 12/28/14, ICExInfinity Title - Tsukasa Fujimoto (c) vs. Arisa Nakajima
This was a nice little match, a decent bit better than I expected. The action was pretty nice and they managed to build things well to make sure Arisa still came out looking stronger than Fujimoto while still giving Fujimoto a solid victory. Good match, probably the best I've seen from Fujimoto.

JWP 12/28/14, Junior & POP Titles -  Rabbit Miyu (c) vs.Eri
The two worked pretty well together for the most part though I think they lost a bit of steam towards the end after Eri big spots. Still a nice match overall. Eri has gone through a nice transformation and feels like a different wrestler. She is much more balanced and seems to have a much better idea of what she wants to be doing in the ring now. Really wish we had this Eri in Stardom.

JWP 12/28/14 - Hanako Nakamori vs. Kana
Hanako showed tons of attitude and spirit which Kana knew well how to manipulate in the beginning before Hanako really forced her to start working hard for a victory. Dug this one. Hanako still isn't a great seller, but she was way better here than in their title match from 2013. Thought this was a big improvement over that one. This had a bit more story going on and both women brought more tot he table. It was nothing amazing in the end but still a good.

JWP 12/28/14, JWP Tag Titles & Daily Sports Tag Titles - Command Bolshi & Kyoko Kimura (c) vs. Leon & Ray
First half did nothing for me. Second half saw plenty of nifty stuff going on but probably only 70% really working as well as it should have. Ray in particular seemed off throughout most of the match. Really wanted to like this one, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

JWP 12/28/14, JWP Openweight Title - Arisa Nakajima (c) vs. Tsukasa Fujimoto
Now that they both know Fujimoto can beat Arisa, they skip the pleasantries of a slower build and just go right after each other from the start. They hit harder and go much bigger than their previous match from earlier in the day. really dug this one. Fujimoto stepped it up even more than before and looked a lot closer to Arisa's level. I liked how they mostly avoided retreading their previous match and managed to bust out something a little different for the few times they came close to a retread. Thought this was pretty good, and it left me with a higher opinion of Fujimoto than I had going in.

Stardom 12/23/14, World of Stardom - Yoshiko (c) vs. Saki Akai
A few minutes are clipped out, but most of the match is shown. This was way better than expected. Akai is surprisingly competent doing just enough and avoiding in screw ups at least with what was shown. Honestly she has solid potential if she ever decides to train more seriously and build up a little weight. Anyways this was decent. Action wasn't bad, and they built up some solid moments for Akai.

Stardom 12/23/14, Goddesses of Stardom - Nanae Takashi & Kairi Hojo (c) vs. Takumi Iroha & Risa Sera
The action was great. Everyone meshed well together. Kairi & Sera were both very on point compared to their usual with everything they did having some real oomph. And Iroha got to look great in defeat with what she survived and brought to the table during her final segment with Nanae. Great match. Can only hope we get a lot more of both teams next year in Stardom.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 19, 2015, 04:24:34 PM »
Stardom 1/11/15 - Kyoko Kimura vs. Dragonita
Not very good. Dragonita has little presence and doesn't move around too well at all.

Stardom 1/11/15 - Takumi Iroha vs. Hatsuhinode Kamen
Ok match. Its the light hearted affair that one would expect considering Hatsuhinode's involvement.

Stardom 1/11/15 - Act Yasukawa & Heidi Lovelace vs. Kris Wolf & Hudson Envy
I see biting is now completely a thing for Wolf. Its weird but works, especially with the shit eating grin she makes every time she does it. This was one of her better performances. It was nothing special, but she seemed to keep things together better and have better idea of what she wanted/needed to do. Lovelace looked decent outside of a hurricanrana from the knees attempt that has me questioning whether she was trying to murder Hudson Envy. Speaking of which I liked the attitude and look Envy was sporting here. It kept making me think with some facepaint she could easily be a female Road Warrior/Hellraiser. She seems decent enough in the ring though she does do a few things that look a bit awkward and she should probably drop if she can't do them well (mostly thinking kicks). Anyways the match was decent enough.

Stardom 1/11/15 - Io Shirai vs. Momo Watanabe
Started off with Io dominating but gradually built up Momo getting in more and more offense. This was good. Momo performed quite well here, managing to show off some good spirit with what she survived and brought to the table offensively. Good match.

Stardom 1/11/15 - Yoshiko, Mayu Iwatanai, & Reo Hazuki vs. Nanae Takahashi, Act Yasukawa, & Koguma
Tons of great action with some pretty nifty face offs between Yoshiko/Nanae and Koguma/Reo. Real good match here with most everyone delivering.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 22, 2015, 08:01:01 PM »
Yuzuki Aikawa vs. Ayumi Kurihara - 5/15/11
This turned out to be a rather fun and entertaining match. Certainly better than one might expect given Yuzuki's experience level at the time. I miss both of them.

World of Stardom Title: Nanae Takahashi (c) vs. Meiko Satomura - 3/20/12
Two talented veterans go to war over Stardom's top championship title before an enthusiastic crowd. Yet despite enjoying this a whole lot, I felt there was a certain something missing, something I cannot put my finger on.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 25, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
Was pretty disappointed with the 1/18/15  Stardom Show to be honest.

Momoe Watanabe vs Kamen
Was basically clipped tot he ending which wasn't anything good.

Act/Heidi/Dragonrita vs Kimura/Wolf/Envy
Okay tag for what it was .

Takumi Iroha/Risa Sera vs Koguma/Reo Hazuki
Fun but pretty sloppy match , they didn't let the bothces get to them though and kept the match going at a nice pace.

Io Shirai vs Kaori Yoneyama
Way too short plus it was clipped. From what we have to look at it seemed like it and the makings of a  fun match that could have been really good with another 5-10 minutes. If you have a talent like Io on your roster you shouldn't be wasting her in short matches.

Act Yasukawa vs Mayu Iwatani
More of a segment than a real match honestly. I'm not big on the massive amounts of interference in these types of gang war matches as it throws logic out the window as Act should have been DQ'ed several times.

Yoshiiko vs Nanae
Fun match  but not nearly on the level their last title match was on due to the short amount of time they were given.  Yoshiko looked really strong with kicking out of most of Nanae's arsenal plus she busted out some new spots. I hope she keeps the tiger bomb as a secondary finisher as the senton is overused.

I'm just really disappointed they don't seem to be going with the Hesei army as the main heel stable. I wass really liking the flashes of Io's heel character and thought that Hesei would be a fresh change of pace. I'm really not interested in Monster Gun 2.0 , especially since the talent level is quite a bit lower with  Alpha and Hailey, and  Amazon  being >>>>>> than Wolf,Envy, Heidi, and Dragonrita.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 26, 2015, 12:38:09 AM »
Stardom 1/18/15, Monster Army Joining vs. Monster Army Dissolution - Act Yasukawa, Heidi Lovelace, & Draonita vs. Kyoko Kimura, Hudson Envy, & Kris Wolf
Ok for what was shown, a few minutes are cut out. Never really felt like Act or Dragonita did much though that could have been due to the clipping. the post match stuff with Act refusing to join Monster initially despite the stips was kind of fun. I think she ended being offered up a leadership position to finally accept.

Stardom 1/18/15 - Takumi Iroha & Risa Sera vs. Koguma & Reo Hazuki
A minute or two is cut out, but most of the match is shown. Thought this was mostly a nice little showcase for Koguma who worked the brunt of the match for her team, eating offense and gettign to show up Iroha and Sera with some cool moves on occasion. The final part with Reo was decent, but a step down if I'm being honest. Not the most smooth match outside of Takumi's stuff, but a fun affair that continues to show Koguma's potential along with the strength of the Iroha/Sera team.

Stardom 1/18/15, High Speed Title - Io Shirai (c) vs. Kaori Yoneyama
Annoyed a minute was cut out of an already short match. Still it was a nice one with a simple story of Yoneyama going all in to take out Io while needing to avoid the Spanish Fly which would seal her end. The two worked together and pulled some nifty stuff while teasing the finish several times. This was good while it lasted. Only wish it was a few minutes longer.

Stardom 1/18/15, Wonder of Stardom - Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Act Yasukawa
Around four minutes are missing. A lot of this played out more like an angle between opposing factions with Hesei Army and Monster fighting at times and Monster interfering regularly to help out Act. Honestly, I'm not against this type of match, but there needed to be some hate and hard hitting between all involved to make it really work. The actual Act vs. Mayu parts were kind of meh until the final minutes which became marred by the botched finish. Seeing Act in a handful or so of matches since she returned, I'm not really sure she is ready for this push. She is spending too little time in the ring in tags and seems to take a while to really get going in singles. Hopefully she catches up sooner than later.

Stardom 1/18/15, World of Stardom - Yoshiko (c) vs. Nanae Takahashi
My was wandering a bit throughout this so I need to rewatch, but I liked a lot of what I saw. It was a tad on the short side, but thew two threw a lot at each other. Yoshiko in particular took just about everything Nanae had in her arsenal. This does make me realize Yoshiko could expand her own just a bit. She had a nice finish, but it was still only after Nanae took everything in Yoshiko's moveset. Feels like there is a bigger rematch in the future.

I'm just really disappointed they don't seem to be going with the Hesei army as the main heel stable. I wass really liking the flashes of Io's heel character and thought that Hesei would be a fresh change of pace. I'm really not interested in Monster Gun 2.0 , especially since the talent level is quite a bit lower with  Alpha and Hailey, and  Amazon  being >>>>>> than Wolf,Envy, Heidi, and Dragonrita.
While I like the idea of Io as a heel, I don't really think it would have worked with the whole Hesei Army turning. Even if Io had turned I pretty much guarantee Io would have been splitting off and either joining a group like Monster or brought in people from outside of Stardom which is honestly what I was hoping for.

Amazon was terrible-mediocre at best and not better than any members of the new monster sans Dragonita. Hailey was hit and miss. Totally agree on Alpha Female, but she was used poorly anyways. Heidi and Hudson seem pretty decent and could get good with time. Wolf is a rookie and improving at an ok pace. All three are better than Christina Von Eerie. Its not an ideal group, but its not bad and has potential depending on how fast the gaijin adapt.

I can see why they went this route. Io is too over with the audience. They want to make good use of Act who I believe is now the leader or co-leader with Kimura. And it provides a decent sized stable for the Hesei Army to feud with.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 18, 2015, 12:41:01 PM »
Stardom 6/15/14
Io Shirai/Takumi Iroha vs Hiroyo Matsumoto/ Miho Wakizawa
Fun match with some nice action. This match really made me disappointed we didn't get Io vs Hiroyo during Io's red belt reign, they seems to have really nice chemistry .

Stardom 7/20/14
Io/Takumi vs Kyoko/Alpha
Fun match this was imo one of Alpha's better performances in terms of acting like a monster and making Io and Takumi work to get their offense in. It was weird seeing Takumi as the weak link of her tag team when nowadays she's portrayed as the star of her team with Sera.

M.I.O 2/14/15
Io Shirai vs Mio Shirai
Good match that was stiff while not being too stiff to the point where it was uncomfortable to watch like their mixed tag a few years back. In some respects though this felt like a teaser of what they could do. I hope they get a chance to have a mother singles match or tag together before Mio retires. 

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 01, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2iehdm_stardom-high-speed-championship-champion-io-shirai-vs-koguma-2-22-15_sportStardom 2/22/15
Io vs Koguma high speed champion ship
Great fats paced match. Io really did a great job bumping and selling for Koguma making her arsenal look devastating. Koguma was on point too and has a great career ahead of her.  loved the little interaction between Koguma and Hazuki at the end . You can tell Hazuki has learned a lot from Yoshiko. It's a shame Yoshiko had to be so stupid and do what she did because they made a great pair. 

Offline YuhaiPH

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 01, 2015, 10:54:42 PM »
To Dexx: I had watched all the matches. The tag team title match was entertaining and the High Speed title match was great. All the other matches were decent on their own right. I also watch the main event "match" in full but I will not talk about it but to give you the idea, it's more hard to watch than the highlights of that "match" alone. It's just a shame that "match" overshadowed everything, especially the High Speed Title Match and not in a good way.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 16, 2015, 11:09:01 AM »
Ice Ribbon 3/21/15 - IceX∞ Title - Tsukasa Fujimoto (c) vs. Kurumi
Started a little slow, but built nicely into bigger and better things as it went on. The two meshed together pretty well, and I liked Kurumi having work her way up to make things more even. This was quite good. I hope to see more from Kurumi and Fujimoto get even more opponents who can push her limits.

Stardom 3/29/15 - Kris Wolf vs. Kaori Yoneyama
Nothing special, but a nice showcase for Wolf who finally seems to be getting comfortable and showing some real confidence in what she is doing. this is probably the most I have seen her act on point. Hopefully she continues to grow and ca catch up with the other rookies sooner than later.

Stardom 3/29/15, High Speed Title - Koguma (c) vs. Reo Hazuki
generally good match with the two mostly working well together save a few moments. Still it definitely feels like Koguma had to wrestle a notch or two behind what she can actually do so Reo could keep up.

Stardom 3/29/15, World of Stardom Title Tournament Semi Final - Kairi Hojo vs. Kyoko Kimura
Kairi started off well, but one mistake saw her working the rest of the match from a defensive position with Kimura really going to work on Kairi's arm and the occasional interference from Oedo. I really dug the story in this one and thought it went well for the most part other than Kairi needing to sell the arm a little more.

Stardom 3/29/15, World of Stardom Title Tournament Semi Final - Io Shirai vs. Takumi Iroha
Good action all around with the two working well together up until the last few minutes where they started get a bit off with the execution. Good match, but a bit disappointing considering how well things were going for the first half or so.

Stardom 3/29/15, World of Stardom Title Tournament Final - Io Shirai vs. Kairi Hojo
I really liked the first half of this. They had some good things going on with Io's early cheapshot and arrogance along with Kairi still having some damage from the match with Kimura. They even had a nice spot two where said arm damage came into play. The problem is that things play a bit too evenly later on. Kairi still could be selling her arm better. Kairi is seeming gassing out a bit. Flubs were happening a bit too often. And the victory over Io is just a bit too strong and unbelievable considering Kairi's level as a performer, within Stardom's general ranking, and with what she had gone through in her match with Kimura and her match here. It feels similar to what happened when Io became champ only I don't think it will go quite as well in the long term. Still despite all my complaints I did enjoy the match.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 24, 2015, 03:54:52 PM »
Two matches from a recent  Stardom houseshow

Stardom 4/12/2015  Starfire vs Koguma
Oe of Starfire's better Stardom matches imo. I liked a lot of the moves she busted out and this match was really fun. I was surprised Koguma took that running rana as well as she did she's really strong for her size . Would love to see a longer high speed title match between these two.

Io Shirai and Reo Hazuki vs Kairi and Chelsea
Decent match if not anything really special. Chelsea seemed decent but green.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 24, 2015, 03:58:48 PM »
Found them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:37:36 PM by WFSX »

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 24, 2015, 07:20:42 PM »
Where did you find the 4/12 matches? I can only find highlights.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 24, 2015, 08:38:02 PM »
Where did you find the 4/12 matches? I can only find highlights.

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apfxoN43AOU

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 24, 2015, 09:04:53 PM »
Thank you

EDIT:

Stardom 4/12/15 - Koguma vs. Star Fire
Decent action with the two generally working well together. Felt like more of showcase with each gettign a half to impress. I did think Star Fire was a little too obviously cooperative a few times, but this was otherwise fine. Hopefully if we a High Speed Title match between them they speed the pace up a little.

Stardom 4/12/15 - Kairi Hojo & Chelsea vs. Io Shirai & Reo Hazuki
Pretty decent. Everyone worked generally well with each other with Chelsea managing to not look too bad and mostly keep up.

Io Shirai and Reo Hazuki vs Kairi and Chelsea
Decent match if not anything really special. Chelsea seemed decent but green.
Chelsea has a little over two years under her belt from what I've read. I didn't get the green feeling so much as the slight roughness from wrestling your first time in Japan. I think she looked better than the last batch of gaijin when they debuted.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:06:50 AM by Eivion »
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 01, 2015, 03:32:40 PM »
Stardom 4/23/2015

Cinderella Tournament Round 1
Reo Hazuki vs. Momo Watanabe
Hatsuhinode Kamen vs Starfire
Chelsea vs. Kris Wolf
Kaori Yoneyama vs. Kyoko Kimura
Mayu Iwatani vs. Thunder Rosa
Kairi Hojo vs. Haruka Kato

Most of the matches didn't really have enough shown to judge. All of them seemed generally decent enough with even Hatsuhinode Kamen not focusing too much on her comedy character.  Chelsea/Kris actually did get mostly shown and was pretty damn decent. Wolf continues to show a good deal of improvement and really seems to have figured out what she is doing in the ring work & character wise. Chelsea seemed a slight step behind beyond the story of the match, but didn't do too bad and had her moments. Hojo/Kato was shown in full and was pretty solid. The two had good chemistry and brought some decent action to the table. Kato did some particularly nice arm work that I again wish Hojo would have sold better. Despite Hojo's selling this was easily the best match of the first round.

Cinderella Tournament Round 2
Starfire vs. Mayu Iwatani
Koguma vs. Reo Hazuki
Io Shirai vs. Chelsea

Despite the shortness of the matches neither of the first two were shown in full. Again both were actually looking pretty solid, but there isn't enough to judge on. Shirai/Chelsea was good. Chelsea did a much better job keeping up and brought some nice arm work to the table. Also had ncie tease or two using the over the top rope rule.

Stardom 4/23/2015, Cinderella Tournament Semi-finals - Io Shirai vs. Mayu Iwatani
Mayu really stepped her game here. She did well keeping up the faster pace in the early going and bumping around so damn well to make Io look good. They also made great use of the over top rope rules when teasing eliminations. Only thing I'm not sure of is the finish where the view was to restricted to see who really hit the floor first.

Stardom 4/23/2015, Cinderella Tournament Semi-finals - Kairi Hojo vs. Koguma
Good action, faster pace, and again a great use of the over top rope rules. Damn fun match.

Stardom 4/23/2015, Cinderella Tournament Final - Mayu Iwatani vs. Koguma
They took their time here with both getting some decent breathing room to build the match up to bigger and better things as it went on. There was some great action going on by the end. I dug how frustrated Koguma was getting, and I loved the new move Mayu busted out for the finish. Good match. I loved how much Mayu stepped it up for this and the tournament in general. She went to levels her she really hadn't shown to be capable of beforehand. It gives me decent hope for her title match with Kairi.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: May 26, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »
Stardom 5/3/15, Artist of Stardom (vacant) - Kairi Hojo, Koguma, & Chelsea vs. Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatani, & Reo Hazuki
Generally solid action all around with most everyone working well together and Chelsea being used to minimum. Definitely one of the better matches for these belts, if not the best.

Stardom 5/17/15, High Speed Title - Koguma (c) vs. Star Fire
They were weirdly off the first few minutes but came together well enough for the rest of it. A bit disappointing as I thought the two showed potential for more in their first natch a month earlier.

Stardom 5/17/15 - Chelsea vs. Meiko Satomura
The match mostly Meiko keeping control via various holds with Chelsea getting a few decent moments or two before losing. Thought this was generally decent. It was kind of what you would expect from a rookie vs. vet match.

Stardom 5/17/15, Wonder of Stardom (vacant) - Io Shirai vs. Nikki Storm
Storm actually controlled this one working over Io neck throughout the whole thing. Io comebacks were generally decent though I felt she could have sold a little more and that the finish could have built to something bigger. Solid match. I wouldn't mind seing more of Nikki in Stardom though she could stand to be a little less vocal.

Stardom 5/17/15, World of Stardom - Kairi Hojo (c) vs. Mayu Iwatani
Had its weaker moments, but the two worked well together. They brought some good action to the table and built to some nice stuff. Thought this was good though I think they have stronger matches together in their future.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline dobod

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
    • Idol World
« Reply #1171 on: June 03, 2015, 04:13:01 PM »
Stardom 4/23/2015

Stardom 4/23/2015, Cinderella Tournament Semi-finals - Io Shirai vs. Mayu Iwatani
Mayu really stepped her game here. She did well keeping up the faster pace in the early going and bumping around so damn well to make Io look good. They also made great use of the over top rope rules when teasing eliminations. Only thing I'm not sure of is the finish where the view was to restricted to see who really hit the floor first.

maybe it's too late to point out this, but my hand is itching to point it out.. XD
No matter who hit the floor first, Iwatani Mayu will still be declared as the winner. Because she is exiting not from the top rope, while Io did. She stated it herself. She used the rules for her advantage, she is a genius

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 03, 2015, 08:47:26 PM »
Thanks for that tidbit actually. I really wasn't sure of that finish until you mentioned it.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 22, 2015, 04:37:35 PM »
Kairi Hojo  vs Meiko  Satomura 6/14/15
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uzh1q_kairi-hojo-vs-meiko-satomura-in-stardom-on-6-14-15-full_sport
Great match probably Kairi's best match ever definitely her best singles match.
This reminded me of the first kana vs Nakajima match where the younger les experienced wrestler is overmatched by the  brutal veteran. I think this match was better though as it wa slinger and more of a complete story, also Hojo is much better at emoting and elling her desperation and how she was barely holding on.  Also liked how this broke away from the usual formula for Kairi matches for the most part  where the heel focuses on Kairi's arm for 99% of  the match.   

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 22, 2015, 10:52:19 PM »
Stardom 6/14/15 - Chelsea vs. Melissa
thought this was a little rough at times and that Chelsea needed to pick some of her spots better. Still generally decent with Melissa even playing the semi-bully role at times which is where she excels at.

Stardom 6/14/15, Goddesses of Stardom - Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Star Fire & Nikkie Storm
Far from perfect, but the action was generally nice even if some of more interestign spots didn't quite g off w/o a hitch. The finish was kind of insane, and I feel for Storm's poor neck. Solid.

Stardom 6/14/15, World of Stardom - Kairi Hojo (c) vs. Meiko Satomura
Definitely had some overkill on Meiko's part, but this was pretty fantastic on the whole. They completely avoided the obvious draw, brought tons of great action to the table, and managed to avoid ever slowing down the pace too much. This was a great proving grounds match for Kairi. Meiko really forced her to step it up several times, and the last third or so of the match with Kairi fighting for simple survival was fantastic. It really ends with her being saved by the bell on some level, but she showed tons of spirit surviving what she and trying to fight back to the bitter end. this was an amazing match, easily the best match Stardom has had this year along with being Kairi's best singles match. These two have a good deal of chemistry, and I can't wait to see what they do in part III.
Only English K-Dojo site