Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 213477 times)

Offline Suben

• Teenage Wildlife
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #1125 on: July 27, 2014, 05:34:20 PM »
I'm honestly not sure why you'd have them debut against each other (yes I know Hazuki technically debuted a few days earlier but still...). Would've been far better off getting veterans for each of them to pair off against so they can get a feel for working a larger crowd and not throwing two people who are absolutely green against each other out there.

Hazuki's got promise. She should be stuck tagging and seconding Yoshiko while she gets more experience; you can teach the other stuff but she's good at showing attitude and has nice in-ring charisma which you really can't. Asuka's athletic but looks like she has absolutely no idea what she's doing and as the match went out you could see her confidence plummet as she started screwing up more and more stuff. Asuka's not really ready at all to do anything in the ring, Hazuki should be hidden in tags and groups until she gets more experience.

Koguma's definitely the most impressive of the rookies so far and seems to be by far the most comfortable, even with her screw ups she doesn't seem to really lose confidence and keeps plugging along.

The mixed tag was probably the most Ice Ribbon match I've seen since IR's heyday and I mean that in the best way. Technically not the best match around or even the best match on its show but it was a nice, goofy match and everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves which made for a fun match to watch, especially Wagner's hamming it up.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 29, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »
Hazuki wasn't any better than Asuka. She seemed just as confused and lost and whats more was a bit uncooperative at times.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 20, 2014, 03:01:08 PM »
STARDOM 8/10/14
Maya vs. Azumi
Reo Hazuki vs. Koguma vs. Kris Wolf

Not even half of either match showed despite being so short. What was shown was decent though not enough to get a great read of either match. It does look like Stardom is training kids more legitimately now in a similar to vein to what Ice Ribbon did with Riho, Kurumi, & Tsukushi. The post match of Wolf debut was kind of amusing for Kimura just sort of dragging a confused Wolf off in a headlock to join Monster.

STARDOM 8/10/14, Takumi Iroha 10 Match Trial Series Match 7 - Takumi Iroha vs. DASH Chisako
Until this was announced I had completely forgotten Iroha was even in a trial series. I can only remember maybe one or two of her opponent before Chisako and can't recall any of them showing up online as of yet. Anyways I have to honest and say my mind blanked out the first half of this match. I'm not sure why as the last half I saw was pretty decent a nice showing for Iroha. May have to rewatch sometime later.

STARDOM 8/10/14, Artist of Stardom Titles - Hiroyo Matsumoto, Miho Wakizawa & Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Kaori Yoneyama, Hatsuhinode Kamen & Tsubasa Kuragaki
The usual goofy affair with a decently built up ending.

STARDOM 8/10/14, Goddesses of Stardom Titles - Kyoko Kimura & Alpha Female (c) vs. Nanae Takahashi & Kairi Hojo
The action was good with not many dull moments, and I really loved the finish which I thought did well in putting Hojo over. Not sure she has ever elbowed anyone so hard before, and its nice to see the Sliding D become a more legit finish for her due to her leveling the move up with training from Masato Tanaka. Good match.

STARDOM 8/10/14, World of Stardom - Io Shirai (c) vs. Yoshiko
This started out pretty nice with both women showing some good intensity between each other. I thought it was going rather well until Io took control on the outside. That said it built back up well enough and I dug the finishing stretch. I particularly loved the callback to Io's defense against Iroha. Unfortunately, a good 7-8 minutes were clipped out leading to a noticeable and awkward transition. Whats shown here doesn't hold up to their match from last year, but was enjoyable and put Yoshiko over strong. With what was missing it might be a much stronger match. Hopefully the full version pops up at some point.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 20, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »
I thought the rookie match was okay but felt  a little messy. Much better than the last rookie match at Korakeun though.

I thought Takumi vs Dash was pretty good could hav eased another couple minutes , Talumi has really come along in the past couple months

The trios match was too much comedy for my liking. I'm glad Mayu gets to move on from it though those types of matches weren't really helping her grow at all.

I loved the tag title match the Nanae Kyoko parts were great, and Kairi was really good at the end. She'shad a couple really good performances this year. Her striking has really come along too.

I really liked the  main event too. Honestly my only problem was that too much was cut from the match on the broadcast. What was shown imo was really good and clean with no real botches. 

I hope they don't jus make Io Yoshiko's lackey in their new group/stable Io proved herself to be worth much more than that with this title reign.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 20, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »
So that was an actual stable being formed at the end with Yoshiko, Io, Mayu, Takumi, & Reo. I wasn't sure at the time. No way in hell Io will be Yoshiko's lackey. I would guess Io starts defending the High Speed Belt more often and continues her team with Iroha while Reo plays the role of Yoshiko's lackey.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 20, 2014, 04:58:16 PM »
So that was an actual stable being formed at the end with Yoshiko, Io, Mayu, Takumi, & Reo. I wasn't sure at the time. No way in hell Io will be Yoshiko's lackey. I would guess Io starts defending the High Speed Belt more often and continues her team with Iroha while Reo plays the role of Yoshiko's lackey.

It's honestly hard to tell with Stardom sometimes as the tone for the most part is so light , like at the end there everyone was all smiles.  I think what's really missing from Joshi as a whole are intense heated feuds  which was part of what made the Kana vs JWP fued/angle so interesting.
To often it seems like modern Joshi is a series of matches with no effort to build  long terms stories or feuds.. Although i guess part of the problem with following it from the US or anywhere else thats not Japan  is that you're only getting a small portion of all the shows the promotions run.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 20, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »

It's honestly hard to tell with Stardom sometimes as the tone for the most part is so light , like at the end there everyone was all smiles.  I think what's really missing from Joshi as a whole are intense heated feuds  which was part of what made the Kana vs JWP fued/angle so interesting.
To often it seems like modern Joshi is a series of matches with no effort to build  long terms stories or feuds.. Although i guess part of the problem with following it from the US or anywhere else thats not Japan  is that you're only getting a small portion of all the shows the promotions run.
I'm completely with you on this. Its something I've noticed for a while now, but has really hit me as I watch random stuff from the 80's and early 90's. There are just no real stories going on right now in joshi. Even Kana vs. JWP has seemingly cooled down though that could easily just be the other thing mentioned about how little is available to us. Other than that you have Kagetsu vs. Meiko which seems to only heat up maybe once a year. Promotions really need get out of the habit of everyone being friends and start running some real feuds. Stardom seemed like they might when Monster initially started, but they didn't really build or push them the way they probably should have (Kimura or Alpha Female totally should have ended Nanae's reign in 2012). Hopefully someone tries to do something interesting sooner than later.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 02, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »
Shockingly the first week of the Stardom 5gp  tourney is online

1. Kyoko Kimura vs Koguma- Really liked this match I wish it was a couple minutes longer . Surpised Koguma got so much offense in on Kimura .  Imo Koguma really has "it"  she just seems like a natural in the ring, and  doesn't do more than she's capable of unlike someone like Yuhi would try to do.

2. Dash Chisako vs Takmui Iroha- Pretty good match. I think Takumi is really coming along nicely and has figured out what type of wrestler she wants to be.

3. Star-fire vs   Kaori Yoneyama - Decent match Star-Fire was better than I was expecting her to be not as good as Sarah/Dark Angel  but not bad at all.

4. Kairi Hojo vs Nanae Takahashi -  This match was a little disappointing imo Kairi is still pretty inconsistent especially when it comes to her strikes , sometimes they'll look and sound great other time they'll be pretty weak. This was one of the not so good times  Overall an okay match although it's kind of weird having Kairi's finisher be the sliding d when so much of her move-set is for damaging the back and not the head/face.

5. Io vs Melissa -  There was nothing overtly wrong with this match but it just didn't really keep my attention for some reason. Melissa  just seemed to be really going though the motions and didn't put any emotion or intensity in the match, which didn't give Io much to work with.

6. Yoshiko vs Mayu Iwatani- This was probably the best match of the show. Yoshiko is ridiculously good when it comes to bumping for lucha moves for someone of her size . Overall this was just a fun match with a nice finish . Only complaint is that Mayu 'sstrikes (Outside of her dropkicks) are still kind of weak which is what holds her back from being on the same level as other stardom younger wrestlers like Yoshiko or Takumi.

One other small criticism about the show is that for me there were too many planchas/dives to the outside. One or two matches having them is fine but it seems every match except I think the Star-fire Yoneyama match and the Takmui Dash Chisako match and one, and they get kind of repetitive.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 03, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »
Stardom 8/24/14, 5*GP - Koguma vs. Kyoko Kimura
Thought this was a nice showcase for Koguma with her showing some spunk and cleverness managing to get one over on Kimura several times. Unfortunately the finish mars things a bit as it was a nice idea in theory but weak in practice. Aside from the finish nice match.

Stardom 8/24/14, 5*GP - Kaori Yoneyama vs. Star Fire
The action is ok and there are a few moments of fun character, but none of it ever come together to make anything particularly special. It does feel like Star Fire might be able to blend in a little better than Stock did though.

Stardom 8/24/14, 5*GP - Takumi Iroha vs. DASH Chisako
DASH seemed to have more control here than in their previous math so Iroha actually had a to work a bit to hit her offense. Things get a tad off towards the finish, but its a decent match over all.

Stardom 8/24/14, 5*GP - Nanae Takahashi vs. Kairi Hojo
Nanae controlled the match using her strength and experience while Kairi showed tons of spirit and resilience. Really dug this one. I thought they did well making Kairi look good despite being outclassed, and the flash pin finish managing to come off rather well. Good match, probably the best I've seen from Kairi singles wise.

Stardom 8/24/14, 5*GP - Io Shirai vs. Melissa
The action was a decent, and I liked Me;lissa's leg work and how it played into the ending. Still I thought Io's weak selling made for a worse match. Still fairly decent but not what it could have been.

Stardom 8/24/14, 5*GP - Yoshiko vs. Mayumi Iwatani
Thought this started out well with Yoshiko in control and Mayu gradually gaining more and more steam with her comebacks until the big finish which was pretty cool. Really nice performance from both women and easily the best I have seen Mayu look so far. Good match.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline rzombie1988

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 08, 2014, 12:00:38 PM »
I reviewed All Japan Women's ATHENA TV #37 from 8/17/2001 here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/all-japan-womens-athena-tv-37-japan.html

Overall thoughts: The show was good but disappointing, if that makes any sense. All of the matches seemed to follow the formula of - work holds on injured body parts, forget all about it and do pointless brawling, then do the finishing stretch. Hotta and Maekawa(atleast in the first match) put little effort in, while Ito and Momoe really put all they had on the line. The crowd only really got into finishes here which also hurt things. There were a few really good matches, just the same matches would have been even better if the holes in them were filled.  I do recommend the show, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see anything but Momoe Nakanishi vs Kumiko Maekawa.

Some shots from the show:

http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/

My new wrestling blog

Currently featuring:
The First Three LLPW Shows
AJW Big Egg Wrestling Universe
GAEA Champ Forum #3 with Meiko and Sonoko
OZ Academy 263
Jd' TV From 99/2000

Offline Suben

• Teenage Wildlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 10, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »
"Pointless brawling" is a problem I have with a lot of modern joshi. It seems like the higher on the card you get the bigger the chance there is of an extended section where someone is thrown into the chairs while the opponent slowly walks after them, do it a few more times, maybe a chair shot, then back in the ring.

I mean I love me some late '90s/early '00s LCO and '80s AJW brawls as much as the next person but it's too much when it happens in seemingly the majority of matches and doesn't add a whole lot. Should really only be busted out when it's a match that calls for it i.e. the Nakajima/Hotta match from early in Arisa's reign.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:15:27 AM by Suben »

Offline rzombie1988

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 11, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
"Pointless brawling" is a problem I have with a lot of modern joshi. It seems like the higher on the card you get the bigger the chance there is of an extended section where someone is thrown into the chairs while the opponent slowly walks after them, do it a few more times, maybe a chair shot, then back in the ring.

I mean I love me some late '90s/early '00s LCO and '80s AJW brawls as much as the next person but it's too much when it happens in seemingly the majority of matches and doesn't add a whole lot. Should really only be busted out when it's a match that calls for it i.e. the Nakajima/Hotta match from early in Arisa's reign.
Agreed.

I went to a Dragon Gate show a few years ago. While not joshi, they threw someone into the chairs outside in 4 consecutive matches. I'm pretty much okay with never seeing that spot again.
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/

My new wrestling blog

Currently featuring:
The First Three LLPW Shows
AJW Big Egg Wrestling Universe
GAEA Champ Forum #3 with Meiko and Sonoko
OZ Academy 263
Jd' TV From 99/2000

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 13, 2014, 11:13:32 AM »
Stardom 9/7/14, 5*GP - Kairi Hojo vs. Kaori Yoneyama
Hojo had a nice uphill battle in the first half before finally managing to put up a real fight in the second. This was another solid performance and match from Hojo showing that she is growing despite not quite being on the level of someone like Yoneyama yet. Its also probably the most I've enjoyed Yoneyama in awhile as she was in a more serious mood than usual. Good match.

Stardom 9/7/14, 5*GP - Takumi Iroha vs. Kyoko Kimura
Nice little match about Iroha's will and spirit and Kimura's attempt to crush them.

Stardom 9/7/14, 5*GP - Yoshiko vs. Koguma
Thought they really made the most of their short time. Koguma got to show herself off as a young rookie full of spunk while Yoshiko came off strong the way she manhandled Koguma and made her work for the big moments. This was good  and makes me hope there a good deal more matches between the two in the coming years.

Stardom 9/7/14, 5*GP - Io Shirai vs. Star Fire
No great story here, but the action was good and flowed well. These two really meshed together, and Star Fire got to show off quite a bit more here than in the Yoneyama match. She seems to have adapted to the style much faster than Stock did. I hope she sticks around or at least shows up again and often after the tournament. I also really wish their title match from earlier in the year was available.

Stardom 9/7/14, 5*GP - Mayu Iwatanai vs. DASH Chisako
This actually went better than I expected. Mayu is a bit unproven in singles but did a solid job here just as she did in the match with Yoshiko on the first show. Dash was solid as always. The action ended being pretty decent with the two working rather well with each other. Nice match overall.

Stardom 9/7/14, 5*GP - Nanae Takahashi vs. Melissa
Plenty of action that generally came together well. Solid match.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 13, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »
Stardom 5gp tourney week 2

Yoshiko vs Koguma- Fun little match. Some sloppy bits at the beginning but nothing too bad. Koguma has really been impressing me this tourney it's clear that getting to work against talents with much more experience is really helping her look better, but she has a ton of natural talent too.  I just love the fire she shows. Especially in this one with Her trying to attack Yoshiko before and after the bell.  Stardom just better hope she doesn't pull a Yuhi and leave for college because she could be really special.

Io vs Starfire- Fun match if not anything super great. It's clear Io like goingaginst people where she can go all out with her lucha spots.

Kairi Hojo vs Kaori Yoneyama- Yoneyama seemed to be a lot more aggressive and stiff than usual in this match which was nice. Unfortunately i don't think Hojo was able to match that intensity. 

Takumi Iroha vs Kyoko Kimura- Nice match I really liked how Takumi finally showed off some personality and  passion with her getting pissed off at Kimura at the start of the match, and trying match Kimura with stiffness. 

Mayu Iwatani vs Dash Chisako- Another really nice performance for Mayu, Dash was good too. I think being stuck in those comedy trios matches really held Mayu back and what we are seeing now is more indicative of her skill level.

Melissa vs Nanae- Solid match but it didn't really hold my attention all of Melissa's matches seem the same to me.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 08, 2014, 07:47:43 PM »
Just watched the Stardom 5gp finals

The highlights were the Io vs Nanae and Io vs Yoshiko matches. With the Io vs Yoshiko match being better than their title match from august imo. Io seemed to be having fun getting to heel it up a little. I really liked how aggressive she was in the last match, and that they didn't ignore the damage Yoshiko took in her match with Takumi.
Only slightly not so good match was Kairi vs Satrfire they didn't seem to mesh very well together. But it wasn't that bad.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: October 10, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »
Stardom 9/23/14, 5*GP - Mayu Iwatani vs. Koguma
Missing a minute. Mayu got a decent amount of offense in, but this ended up being more of a showcase for Koguma who came out looking pretty impressive.

Stardom 9/23/14, 5*GP - Yoshiko vs. Takumi Iroha
Around 2 minutes missing. Yoshiko starts off in control only to get a little cocky, make a mistake, and as result leave back a nice target for Iroha for the rest of match. Nice enough though they could have done a little more with it the wya Yoshiko sold her back, but this was otherwise decent. Iroha continues to show improvement with her consistency, and the crowd is getting behind her more.

Stardom 9/23/14, 5*GP - Kairi Hojo vs. Star Fire
There was some nice stuff here, but the two never quite came together to form something fluid. Add in some screw ups and Star Fire's weak kicks and you end up with a fairly disappointing encounter.

Stardom 9/23/14, 5*GP - Io Shirai vs. Nanae Takahashi
The action was good with plenty of nifty counters and moments that showed just how wellt he two knew each other. Good match.

Stardom 9/23/14, 5*GP - Yoshiko vs. Io Shirai
Io controlled the majority of the match with Yoshiko being forced into a defensive position most of the match. I liked this. Yoshiko always came back in a pretty big manner even if her control didn't' last long, and they managed some cool moments. Not quite on the level of the Nanae match preceding it, but still good.

Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 24, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »
Chigusa Nagayo Produce 9/28/14

Leon vs Yua  Hayashi
Decent match if a little basic. Hayashi seems promising , but some of her bumping/selling for moves was a little dull.

Kenji vs Raiden
Match didn't keep my interest at all.Nothing really bad with it just boring.

Yumiko Hotta and Taako Innoue vs Dump Natsumoto and Zap.
Dump really shouldn't be wrestling anymore it's kind of embarrassing watching her, that attempted german to Hotta was especially bad. Match was just your average garbage brawl/hardcore type match where the rules/logic were thrown out the window.

Rabbit Miu vs Kayoko Haruyama
Decent enough match. Miu needs to put a little more force in her strikes though

Nanae Takahashi vs Koguma
Match of the show imo. Nanae was her usual great self, and Kguma continues to impress me. Her bumping and short term selling is really good for her experience level.

Kaoru and Mima Shimoda vs Arisa Nakajima and Comand Bolshoi
Not a great match. Too much shenanigans and pin breakups. Again  no rules or logic being followed.   

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:40:46 PM by Dexx »

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 27, 2014, 01:00:51 AM »
Mima seemed sooo off in that match. The crowd adores KAORU which is awesome to see though.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 08, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »
Stardom 10/26/14

Kaori Yoneyama/Kamen vs Starfire/Mystica
Okay match with some sloppy moments . Starfire seems to be the better of the two lucha girls.

Takumi Iroha/Risa Serea vs Kyoko Kimura/Kris Wolf
 Decent match although not anything special . Wolf still needs to work bat on timing and her bumping but seems to be improving at a decent pace. 

Nanae Takahashi/Kairi Hojo vs Yoshiko/Reo Hazuki
Nice tag match with some good action. Reo works really well in the role of Yoshiko's lackey , and looked much better than in her earlier matches.. Yoshiko and Nanae continue to have great chemistry, and the Hojo/ Takashi team works really well together.

Io Shiria/Mayu Iwatani vs Miho Wakizawa/Koguma

Really fun fast paced tag match with some creative spots . Another pretty impressive performance for Koguma which makes me look forward to her high speed title match with Io. Io was really good wrestling in a more hellish role , while Mayu has continued to show that she has really improved in the past year or so her stokes are much better than they use to be. 

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 09, 2014, 12:38:22 AM »
Stardom 10/26/14, Goddesses of Stardom Tag League - Star Fire & Mystique vs Kaori Yoneyama & Hatsuhinode Kamen
Was nice to see Yoneyama and Kamen work a little more serious, but this was not particularly good. They were off at time and a certain luchadora kept having to re-adjust her girls because of the because of the damn boob window in her costume. Seriously I have no idea why the hell she wore that if it was giving her such problems. Why Star Fire didn't just work the majority of the match I have no idea.

Stardom 10/26/14, Goddesses of Stardom Tag League - Takumi Iroha & Risa Sera vs. Kyoko Kimura & Kris Wolf
Dug Kimura having to basically fight a handicap match at times. Wolf had problems early on but seemed to improve later in the match. Didn't realize just how small she was until this match. Its rare when the gaijin is the shortest person in the match. I know is one of the taller owmen aroudn, but she really did dwarf poor Wolf. Anyways the match was decent enough. I think both teams show potential.

Stardom 10/26/14, Goddesses of Stardom Tag League - Nanae Takahashi & Kairi Hojo vs Yoshiko & Reo Hazuki
Thought this was good. The action was nice and both teams worked together quite well. I'm surprised at how much Hazuki has already seemingly improved since her debut. An her chemistry with Yoshiko as a team is quite impressive as well. Hopefully the two are together for a decent while.

Stardom 10/26/14, Goddesses of Stardom Tag League - Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani vs. Miho Wakizawa & Koguma
Probably MOTN. There was plenty of good action with everyone meshing well together for the most part. Koguma and Miho made a ncie little team, and Koguma herself continues to improve and impress with how she looks in the ring. Io continues to bring out some heelish moments which seem to hint to an eventual turn from her which I very much welcome.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 17, 2014, 12:51:05 PM »
Stardom 11/3/2014

Reo Hazuki vs Kellie Skater
Decent match with no major mistakes. Reo might not be improving at the rate Koguma is but she's still pretty decent.

Kyoko Kimura/Kris Wolf vs Star-fore/Mystica vs Yoneyama/Kamen
This match was kind of a mess with no real structure to it. It did however advance Wolf's character of being the whipping girl who gets her butt kicked for most of the match and then gets the  fluke win at the end after Kyoko does most of the work.

Takumi Iroha/Risa Sera vs Koguma/Kurumi
Really fun match with everyone meshing together pretty well. This was one of Sera's better performances that I have seen and I was also really impressed with Kurumi who seems to be incredibly strong for her age/size.

Mayu Iwatani vs Miho Wakizawa
Solid match that put Iwantani over by having her survive a lot of punishment.

Nanae Takahashi/ Kairi Hojo vs Io Shirai/Yosshiko
Great match . Everyone performed well and I really like this hellish side of Io that we've been seeing recently. I can see why Stardom is probably hesitant to turn her fully though as she's so over. I really liked the finish and how Io's cockiness/showboating cost her team the match. 

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 20, 2014, 05:00:06 PM »
Stardom 11/3/2014 - Reo Hazuki vs. Kellie Skater
Nothing special but a decent little match and one of the better ones I've seen from Skater in Stardom where she her style can be a bit awkward.

Stardom 11/3/2014 - Kyoko Kimura & Kris Wolf vs. Star Fire & Mystique vs. Kaori Yoneyama & Kamen Hatsuhinode
Chaotic and fun. Wolf does well takign beatings, and I like seeing Kimura forced into the super woman role to keep her team alive.

Stardom 11/3/2014 - Takumi Iroha & Risa Sera vs Koguma & Kurumi
Very fun match with everyone working well together and few nifty bits. Iroha & Koguma continue to improve and impress. Sera did little for me, but she wasn't bad as works well in tandem with Iroha. Really liked Kurumi. She has grown nicely since I last recall watching a match of hers. Really wish she was in Stardom.

Stardom 11/3/2014, Wonder of Stardom - Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Miho Wakizawa
The action was good, and the two meshed together quite well. I dug Mayu gettign put over by eating every bit of punishment Miho could dish out. Do think it probably went just a bit overboard as result, but this was otherwise a good match and nice performance from both women. Makes me even more disappointed about Miho's coming retirement.

Stardom 11/3/2014, Goddesses of Stardom Titles - Nanae Takahashi & Kairi Hojo (c) vs. Yoshiko & Io Shirai
Loved this one. Yoshiko & Io had a ridiculous amount of chemistry as a team. Loved both heeling it up a bit and there some pretty cool team ups throughout by the two. Kairi was a great FIP early on and a good support to Nanae towards the end. even with the missing 4-5 minutes I thought this was pretty great by the end,possibly Stardom's best match this year.

I can see why Stardom is probably hesitant to turn her fully though as she's so over. I really liked the finish and how Io's cockiness/showboating cost her team the match. 
Honestly, I'm thinking it will happen early next year, and what we have been seeing so far from Io feels like slow burn. It works perfectly as something to sell the audience on next year with them going monthly Korakuen.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 21, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »
Stardom 11/16/14  Tag tourney finals

Takumi Iroha vs Momo Watananbe
This was okay. Kind of repetitive  but thats what you expect from a debut match.  Watananbe looked decent she seems da little apprehensive with her rope running but seems pretty athletic and did some decent bumping/selling.

Yoshiko vs Reo Hazuki vs Kellie Skater
Pretty fun fast paced match  with some nice spots that told a decent story. With Reo trying to get one over her boss/mentor, and Yoshiko squashing her for even trying. Kellie seems to have broadened her style since her last stardom stint.

Miho Wakizawa/Koguma vs Kaori Yoneyama/Kamen
This was okay. I was really disappointed that we didn't get to see a longer Koguma vs Kaori segment in the match, the small exchange between the two of them was really fun. Unnfrotunately Kamen wrestled the majority of the match for her team and I don't think she's really that good she's super basic and honestly kind of awkward,  One area Koguma really needs to work on is her forearms . Thats the one area where she still looks pretty green in most of the time her forearm stokes look pretty weak.Maybe she should start doing chops or something until she learns to put more force behind them kind of like Kairi has done.

Io Shirai/Mayu Iwatani  vs Starfire/Mystica
I thought this was a pretty fun fast paced match with only a few sloppy moments. I kind of thought io and Mayu could have used some more offense in the match though.

Kairi Hojo/Nanae Takahashi vs Kyoko Kimura/Kris Wolf
Edit watched this one again and liked it much better the second time around. Everyone performed well and Kairi is a great fip.

Io Shirai/Mayu Iwatani    vs Hojo/Takahashi
I really liked this match it wasn't on the same level as the tag with Yoshiko but it was still very fun to watch. I really love this heelish side of Io  we've been seeing lately that series of kicks she did to Nanae in the middle of the match were brutal. I only wish they had done a little better job sticking to focusing on Kairi's arm they went away from it a little which was a shame because Kairi was doing a great job selling it , and continued to do so in the post match segment.

As a side note I really felt sorry for Kairi when Nanae tried to get a Kairi chant going but was drowned ouut by people chanting for Io.  They're going to have to have Io kick a puppy  or something to get people to boo her.Which is I guess a testament to how well she was built up during her title reign as she wasn't getting this much support before then.     

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:23:28 PM by Dexx »

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 22, 2014, 02:35:52 AM »
Finished the show earlier tonight. I like Momo Watanabe. She doesn't do anything particularly well yet, but she doesn't do anything wrong and seems to have a good a idea of her role in a match. That already makes her better than the average rookie.

Io/Mayu vs. Star Fire/Mystique worked well as a showcase for the luchadoras. Considering Io/Mayu were moving onto the finals I can see why they chose to let the luchadoras impress, especially if they plan to ever bring them back.

Really enjoyed the Kimura/Wolf vs. Nanae/Hojo match. it was good seeing Kimura and Wolf work a different formula, and I always dig Hojo playing FIP. Only wish she was a bit more consistent on her selling which was still mostly good even if occasionally off.

I was actually disappointed in the finals. The match was still decent, but I was hoping Io would dick on Kairi's arm a lot more, and in general its a bit disappointing coming off the awesome 11/3 match with Yoshiko in Mayu's place. As far as Io's chants drowning out Kairi's, that didn't surprise me. Kairi doesn't have enough charisma and hasn't been pushed up far enough yet to get over with the crowd over someone who was champ/ace for over a year. It actually does to speak to Io' success.

As far as getting people to boo Io, if she brought in someone like Kana and/or Mio in while beating the crap out of Act Yasukawa I'm pretty sure she would get the shit booed out of her.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 19, 2014, 04:38:48 PM »
Stardom 12/7/14

Rookie of Stardom 2014 matches
Kris Wolf vs Reo Hazuki
Kris Wolf vs Momo Watanabe
Reo Hazuki vs Momo Watanabe
Kris Wolf vs Reo Hazuki

I thought that this was a decent series of matches that would have worked better as a single triple threat match as a lot it seemed to be pretty repetitive rookie stuff. It was still decent with no major bothces though and each rookie had a creative spot or two. Hazuki probably impressed me the most and I like her using the styles clash as a finisher.

Yoshiko vs Mystique
I thought this was a nice match . Yoshiko is a really solid base for lucha moves despit not having a tone of experience with the style. This was probably one of Mystique's better performances in Stardom.

Act Yasukawa / Kellie Skater vs Koguma/Kairi Hojo
  I thought this was a fun match Act was pretty impressive for someone who hasn't wrestled in about half a year , and Kellie Skater seems to have improved quite a bit since her past Stardom runs  and seems less out of place than she used to. Koguma was impressive as always , and Kairi was good too although It'd be nice if she could add some more moves to her arsenal like a suplex or something.

Nanae Takahashi vs Miho Wakizawa
Solid match between two veterans I've never been the biggest Wakizawa fan but she's a solid hand to have  around and stardom will miss having her around.

Artist of Stardom Match
Io/Mayu/Takumi vs  Yoneyama/Kamen/Kuragaki
I thought this was a really fun match and probably one of the best artist of stardom title matches that there has been. I really liked kuragaki in this match and would like to see more of her in stardom. Kamen however was the weak link this match and had some sloppy spots I just really don't like her as a wrestler.