Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 227093 times)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #1075 on: December 28, 2013, 11:03:48 PM »
The ending was paced fine. It was the rest of the match where they needed to be selling more that screwed with the drama.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 04, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »
I agree Hanako's selling was really off here. Like Kana did a vicious solebutt and Hanako barely budged.

Hanako reminded me of a young Shimoda here. She wasn't the best technically or athletically but there's something in the way she timed her moves and her overall attitude that made the entire crowd just beg for the upset. Really good match flaws and all.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 13, 2014, 11:44:46 PM »
Kana vs Nakajima 8/18/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD_2nZOM-s0

Very good match for being relatively short and one  that told a great story. Only small complaint I might have is that it seemed like Nakajima maybe should have sold her arm injury a bit more during her comebacks.  Still very good and a nice tease of what the two can do together.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:47:19 PM by Dexx »

Offline TasotheGreek

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 14, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »
Hi all.

I posted the following below on the inyourheadonline.com boards, as that is my normal wrestling community. But I thought I'd post it here as well. You can critique it if you like, its posted for people who have very little to zero knowledge of joshi. I've been watching the josh since 2002-2003 but stopped for a while, but now I'm back to watching it again.

I'm nowhere NEAR a fan as everyone on this board, I certainly don't foliow josh day-to-day, wish I could. Doesn't pay $$$ and that doesn't pay bills.

I just wanted to say a couple of things I didn't say below, or just to restate. I like this board a lot as it helps me out with info on josh so I want to contribute whenever I can.

If anyone wants a bunch of STARDOM dads that are from 2012-2013, let me know. I watch this stuff then I toss it, because I have prob 1,000+ dvds and vas and I don't want to compile more garbage in my house. So if anyone wants these lemme know. If you are a Lynch person, I can give you the #s on these. Basically its #7383-7387.

Thanks

Below is a match list for a not-very recent STARDOM commercial dvd from 2012-13.

Just want to talk a little about STARDOM and this group of women.

#1 STARDOM is probably the best josh promotion running today in Japan, possibly the world. REINA is shit. OZ Academy is pretty good and probably goes hand in hand with STARDOM but... I have my preferences. Plus they use the older josh women. As far as US and UK/Australia/Canada etc. I doubt highly(haven't seen every women in the world wrestle), they cannot hold a candle to this promotion. So if you want to get into current josh, this is a good promotion to watch.

#2 The talent.

Io Shirai
Kyoko Kimura
Yuhi
Hailey Hatred
Yuzuki Aikawa
Hiroyo Matsumoto
Natsuki*Taiyo
Yoshiko
Nanae
Act Yasukawa

I could go on and on... jesus the outside talent,. except for Hatred, is horrid. Foreign talent is just horrific. I love Portia Perez but holy crap is she the worst talent, most overrated women's wrestler in the world. I know she got over on the mic, is a great great heel, but YIKES!

New to me: Act Yasukawa, more for her heel tactics and persona. Same with Yoshiko. Fantastic!

Natsuki*Taiyo.. holy fuck the Rey Mysterio of Japan women's wrestling. Would make most American talent look like they were shitting the bed.

Io Shirai..... I saw it on this dvd. She won Japan josh women wrestler of the year for 2013. An amazing competitor, charisma, the whole enchilada. Amazing talent.

Nanae Takahashi.... maybe a top ten women wrestler of all time, top 20??? Absolutely.

Yuzuki Aikawa.. I hear she is retired. Gorgeous creature, and for christ sakes she can work. THE baby face that would get over anywhere, even in front of a bunch of scumbags like the IYH group.

I know no on here watches josh but here is the deal. I am finishing up about 8 dads of Stardom, plus a Wave dvd, so just like the Australian dads, I will either throw them away or send them to someone who wants them.

RESPECT... the josh!!!

STARDOM COMM: NEW YEARS STARS Volume 1
January-February 2013 Q:ORIGINAL (4 hrs) *DVD2*
January 6 Tokyo
1. Natsumi Showzuki -vs- Mayu Iwatani -vs- Yui Yokoo. *3-Way Match
2. Io Shirai -vs- Kellie Skater.
3. Yuzuki Aikawa/Hiroyo Matsumoto/Kairi Hojo/Yuhi -vs- Natsuki*Taiyo/Yoshiko/Saki
Kashima/Act Yasukawa.
4. Kyoko Kimura/Hailey Hatred -vs- Nanae Takahashi/Miho Wakizawa.
5. Battle Royal.
January 14 Tokyo Artist of Stardom Trios Tournament
6. Natsuki*Taiyo/Saki Kashima/Act Yasukawa -vs- Miho Wakizawa/Tsukasa
Fujimoto/Yui Yokoo. *Semi-Final
7. Tomoka Nakagawa/Kellie Skater/Portia Perez -vs- Io Shirai/Mayu Iwatani/
Natsumi Showzuki. *Semi-Final
8. Hailey Hatred -vs- Yuhi.
9. Yoshiko -vs- Hiroyo Matsumoto.
10. Yuzuki Aikawa -vs- Kairi Hojo. *Wonder of Stardom Title
11. Natsuki*Taiyo/Saki Kashima/Act Yasukawa -vs- Tomoka Nakagawa/Kellie
Skater/Portia Perez. *Artist of Stardom Trios Tournament FINAL
12. Nanae Takahashi -vs- Kyoko Kimura. *World of Stardom Title
January 19 Matsuyama
13. Kellie Skater -vs- Yui Yokoo.
14. Portia Perez -vs- Natsumi Showzuki.
15. Kyoko Kimura/Hailey Hatred -vs- Yoshiko/Act Yasukawa.
16. Io Shirai/Mayu Iwatani -vs- Natsuki*Taiyo/Saki Kashima.
17. Yuzuki Aikawa/Hiroyo Matsumoto/Kairi Hojo -vs- Nanae Takahashi/Eri Susa/
Miho Wakizawa.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:17:17 AM by TasotheGreek »

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 15, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »
Kana vs Nakajima 8/18/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD_2nZOM-s0

Very good match for being relatively short and one  that told a great story. Only small complaint I might have is that it seemed like Nakajima maybe should have sold her arm injury a bit more during her comebacks.  Still very good and a nice tease of what the two can do together.

I kinda liked how she built it. At first she was hurting and showing it, and then said "fuck it, i'm gonna clock this bitch" and sucked it up.

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:28 PM »
Arisa vs Kana was fun. Cool to see no matter how hard Arisa tried, Kana had an answer for every move and hold that was thrown at her.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 15, 2014, 10:18:09 PM »
JWP 8/18/13, JWP Jr. & POP Title - Manami Katsu (c) vs. Eri Susa
They did well making this an uphill battle for Eri gradually building her up to a more even ground with Katsu who managed to come off like a strong champ throughout. This was easily the best performance I have seen from either woman. It was a surprisingly good match that pushes well why Katsu got the go ahead to for a title match with Kana despite being so early in her career and brought out a potential in Susa that I have been hoping to see from her a decent while now.

JWP 8/18/13, JWP Openweight Title - Arisa Nakajima (c) vs. Kana
Dug the intensity of the strikes, thought the general action was good, and I liked Kana's bitchy attitude. Liked how the match generally played with Arisa giving a good fight, but Kana seemingly having her number with ho much control she had and how easily she could gain it back when shortly lost. I thought Arisa could have sold the limb damage better, but at the same time she did a lot to put over every hold of Kana's as dangerous. Good match overall with enough not overtly held back to leave room for more in the rematch.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 20, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »
 Stardom 5star grand-prix 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QmF8RNMPk
Io Shirai vs Kaori Yoneyama
Really fun fast paced match.  Io's athleticism really stood out in this match and overall she as really stepped her game up during her title reign. She wrestles like she is the ace of the company.

Nanae Takahashi vs Yuhi- I thought this match was very good and probably one of Yuhi's better performances I think she has started to turn the corner when it comes to her selling.  Unfortunately the match is marred by Yuhi overshooting a moonsault attempt twice. Nane was too close to the corner and Yuhi should have pulled her , or Nanae should have rolled further away.

Nanae Takahsi vs Yoshiko- Great match that really put Yoshiko over as being on the same level as someone like Nanae.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 20, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »
STARDOM 8/25/13, 5*GP - Takumi Iroha vs. Alpha Female
AF more or less dominates with the few bits off offense Iroha manages to get being ineffective until the final few minutes. Match was fairly decent. Still I thought there were moments where AF probably should have made Iroha work a little harder to damage her, moments where Takumi probably should have been allowed to fight just a bit more before dying, and nice set up that didn't quite work due to how late in the match it was. If they never intended to make Takumi much of a threat they probably should have just focused on her perseverance which the crowd did like.

STARDOM 8/25/13, 5*GP - Nanae Takahashi vs. Yoshiko
Very back and forth with the some really solid action. I particularly dug how much of counters were into various holds. They did a good a making two look mostly even with neither ever managing to keep control for two long. Good match.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Rumbleberry

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 21, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »
Who's Josh? Nanae Takahashi getting called a top ten woman wrestler of all time is complete madness to me. Hell, I wouldn't have her near a top 40-50 and it's not like I think she's bad or anything. Each to their own I guess.

Good to see the Kana/Nakajima match has popped up although it's a shame it apparently a little on the short side. Will give it a watch.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:25:33 AM by Rumbleberry »

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 21, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »
No one said anything about Nanae being a top ten of all time.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Rumbleberry

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 21, 2014, 11:40:07 AM »
Yes they did. TasotheGreek did.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 21, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
Huh, I missed that bit, sorry.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 21, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »
At least he didn't say Aikawa and Yuhi were the best women wrestlers going today, like someone else...

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 22, 2014, 08:08:44 AM »
I think she'd be an EASY or top for top 25 or so of all time. She's amazing.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 22, 2014, 05:33:12 PM »
I consider Nanae to be top 10, maybe even top 5 for Japanese women of today. Haven't seen enough to say any further.

STARDOM 9/1/13, 5*GP - Kairi Hojo vs. Alpha Female
Hojo got in quite a bit of offense here, but unfortunately only maybe half of it was believable at best. Hojo really needs to pick up her intensity and hit harder because the type of wrestler she wants o be doesn't work at her size against bigger opponents, especially when dealing with someone AF's size. Also felt AF gave Hojo just a little too much here considering the size, status, and experience difference. Despite my complaints it actually wasn't a bad match. The crowd was into Hojo, and AF managed to make her heel presence b the end. Ok match, just feel it could have been more if AF made Hojo work harder for her moments.

STARDOM 9/1/13, 5*GP - Nanae Takahashi vs. Yuhi
Yuhi did a solid job here hitting most of her offense and doign a decent job selling. Still those two moonsault botches towards the end were just embarrassing. I'm not even sure why she went for a second one when she failed so miserably on the first. She didn't even bother to move Nanae who was out of position the first time around. Those embarrassing botches aside, this was pretty decent. The action was generally solid, you got some nifty moments, and Yuhi came out looking good up until the botches.

STARDOM 9/1/13, 5*GP - Yoshiko vs. Kyoko Kimura
I didn't get as much out if this one as i hope, but the action was still decent, there were a few nice moments, and I liked the finish with Kimura really wanting to get the KO victory in. Decent match, but I do feel there is potential for something much more between these two.

STARDOM 9/1/13, 5*GP - Io Shirai vs. Dark Angel
Some of the action was pretty cool, but I never really felt this came together too well.

Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 22, 2014, 07:33:24 PM »
I consider Nanae to be top 10, maybe even top 5 for Japanese women of today. Haven't seen enough to say any further.

STARDOM 9/1/13, 5*GP - Kairi Hojo vs. Alpha Female
Hojo got in quite a bit of offense here, but unfortunately only maybe half of it was believable at best. Hojo really needs to pick up her intensity and hit harder because the type of wrestler she wants o be doesn't work at her size against bigger opponents, especially when dealing with someone AF's size. Also felt AF gave Hojo just a little too much here considering the size, status, and experience difference. Despite my complaints it actually wasn't a bad match. The crowd was into Hojo, and AF managed to make her heel presence b the end. Ok match, just feel it could have been more if AF made Hojo work harder for her moments.

STARDOM 9/1/13, 5*GP - Nanae Takahashi vs. Yuhi
Yuhi did a solid job here hitting most of her offense and doign a decent job selling. Still those two moonsault botches towards the end were just embarrassing. I'm not even sure why she went for a second one when she failed so miserably on the first. She didn't even bother to move Nanae who was out of position the first time around. Those embarrassing botches aside, this was pretty decent. The action was generally solid, you got some nifty moments, and Yuhi came out looking good up until the botches.

STARDOM 9/1/13, 5*GP - Yoshiko vs. Kyoko Kimura
I didn't get as much out if this one as i hope, but the action was still decent, there were a few nice moments, and I liked the finish with Kimura really wanting to get the KO victory in. Decent match, but I do feel there is potential for something much more between these two.

STARDOM 9/1/13, 5*GP - Io Shirai vs. Dark Angel
Some of the action was pretty cool, but I never really felt this came together too well.

To be fair to Yuhi though Nanae as the veteran should have been the one to communicate with Yuhi and tell her to move her further away especially after Yuhi missed the first one. I don't think you can blame Yuhi entirely for the botches.

As for the Io vs Dark Angel match I think it was hurt by the relatively short time limit ( little under 10 minutes).I thought there were some nice segments in the match and pretty much everything was clean and crisp , but they never really had the time to build to more of an ending .  I still thought it was a nice match though probably because I love Io and Sarah's fast paced style. The Io vs Kaori match was a good deal better though.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 22, 2014, 09:47:18 PM »
The botches were entirely Yuhi's fault. It was just a lack of using common sense on her part.

Io/Dark Angel suffered the usual problem Stock's Japanese matches have which is that she still isn't used to the style. I also feel the two weren't totally comfortable with other throwing the pace off a little.

Io/Kaori did nothing for me.
Only English K-Dojo site

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 24, 2014, 06:19:07 PM »
The last two matches of the final stardom show from 2013 had my head spinning. Io vs Arisa was the best joshi match I've seen all year though on a personal level I liked Kana vs Arisa 1 a bit more because of how different it was. The generational tag match had so much going for it and I loved it so much.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 24, 2014, 06:46:05 PM »
The last two matches of the final stardom show from 2013 had my head spinning. Io vs Arisa was the best joshi match I've seen all year though on a personal level I liked Kana vs Arisa 1 a bit more because of how different it was. The generational tag match had so much going for it and I loved it so much.

How'd you see the Kana vs Arisa and Io vs Arisa Matches ?

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: January 24, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »
THey're on youtube and dailymotion

Offline Rumbleberry

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 24, 2014, 07:58:37 PM »
I very much enjoyed the violent burst that was Kana vs Nakajima. The only thing that kept it from greatness is the armwork kinda going nowhere. Arisa could have sold it a bit more, especially when she was hitting all them bridging Germans towards the end although I understand not everyone can be Hokuto. I wish the arm played a role in the finish too, even though I think the finish we got was very good. Kana's excellent and she's leagues above anybody else in joshi today. Love the creepy face paint. That part where she stared down the camera was quite chilling.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:01:12 PM by Rumbleberry »

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 24, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »
THey're on youtube and dailymotion

Links please because I can't find it anywhere.

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 24, 2014, 11:00:21 PM »
Oh I thought you were talking about the 2nd Arisa vs Kana match.

Anyways I was actually a little disappointed by the Io vs Arisa match.  I felt that Arisa out-shined Io, and that Io didn't really do special other than her usual big match spots which were nice and fun to watch as they always are bout her big matches are getting a little repetitive as she always seems to  recycle the same spots.  I also thin that Io needs to work on her cardio a little as she seemed really gassed during the match.  Still the match was very good just not the really great match I was hoping for.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:18:10 AM by Dexx »