Author Topic: Talk about Matches here!!!  (Read 201291 times)

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
Re: Talk about Matches here!!!
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2007, 01:19:59 AM »
Mayumi Ozaki vs Mickie Knuckles(No Rope Barbed Wire, Electrified Lighttubes, Fans Bring The Weapons Steel Cage Match)
It was an alright match, but both competitors were so worn down from previous matches, they weren't able to do a lot. It was also very short. Had they had the finals on a different day, to let them recuperate, this could have been great, but because they little energy left and very little time this match is only decent. **3/4

from what DVD is it?

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2007, 08:40:29 AM »
Queen of the Deathmatch IWA-MS
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2007, 12:27:16 PM »
I'm gonna up melissa/wesna in a bit...and damn my stomache always turns after seeing this part

*lukie *lukie *lukie

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2007, 05:56:13 PM »
Hey kapeng, if you want I can upload all of Mayumi's matches from the tournament on youtube. Just say the word!

Although I think her vs Sumie is already there

フアップ

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2007, 11:05:57 PM »
Hey kapeng, if you want I can upload all of Mayumi's matches from the tournament on youtube. Just say the word!

Although I think her vs Sumie is already there

sure, that would be great
thanks
just send the link and i'll put your name on youtube

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2007, 06:40:49 AM »
Oh just remember for the psychology of the match: In the past 3 months before that match, Melissa gave eden black a concussion(I'm not sure if that's legit or not) She sent kong to the hospital with a top rope double foot stomp(again not sure if it's kayfabe or not) and this match litterally took place within 24 hours of the match melissa had with sweet saraya in which she severed her tendon on a coke can....now enjoy

Wesna vs Cheerleader Melissa
Here it is, but you'll have to Download it, because of its length.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 02:51:09 PM by TheElfenLiedPictureShow »

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2007, 09:35:55 AM »
thanks
now i might go into an uploading roll with all these stuff available

Offline Ozmont

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2007, 06:34:19 PM »
Elfen you should make your own veoh channel thread if you already haven't. You're posting matches others wouldn't get without paying, thats really generous of you.

Say thanks, ya hussies!

フアップ

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2007, 07:27:56 PM »
Thanks, ya hussies!
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2007, 09:06:24 PM »
Thanks, ya hussies!

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2007, 03:31:06 PM »
I've taken the approach of, hey if everyone was too selfish to post matches that they paid for then I would have never found out about joshi. I'd never see Manami Toyota vs Toshiyo Yamada(Hair vs hair) Aja Kong vs Manami Toyota(Big Egg) all three Toyota/Yamada vs Ozaki/Kansai, and most recently Akira Hokuto vs Manami Toyota(Destiny)

Another Non-Joshi match, but it's still a women's match
Sara Del Rey vs Sarah Stock(Shimmer Title Tournament
Wow, Sarah Stock is amazing. She makes Rey Mysterio look like Maria almost in this match. She is so fast, with a work rate rivaling Manami Toyota. She has all these cool flips, and knows how to work a crowd. She had a few botches here and there, but both women were incredibly good at covering up each other's botches(which there were very few of anyway.) Both women got to show off what they can do very well. Both are incredibly strong, even supporting Sarah for a monkey flip. Sara pulled out a lot of lucha moves you don't expect from her, including some superb armdrags, and a moonsault. I wish this could have been longer, but they had the twenty minute time limit, which they used almost all but a few seconds of. All in all it's a wonderful match. I can't wait for volumes 15 & 16 to come out, for they have Sarah Stock vs Daizee Haze and Sarah Stock vs Sara Del Rey 2/3 falls. ****

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2007, 03:45:06 PM »
aja kong vs yumiko hotta

i haven't uploaded it on youtube due to video spin errors but i liked this match. it almost made me cringe at some parts knowing how much blood hotta really shed on this match. aja is credible as a monstrous sadistic heel. this is one of those best proofs that aja is scarier than awesome kong. i may have rooted for hotta to win this match but i didnt see it coming anyway so seeing aja retain the WWWA belt is expected

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »
Sarah Stock is amazing. She makes Rey Mysterio look like Maria almost in this match.
I love Sarah Stock, but lets not get ridiculous.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »
Sarah Stock is amazing. She makes Rey Mysterio look like Maria almost in this match.
I love Sarah Stock, but lets not get ridiculous.

I know, I'm just a little frustrated about all the pop he gets on smackdown for things as simple as a crossbody from the second rope....I mean if they saw the things that Shibutani, Ozaki, ASARI, Hyuga, or Toyota do, they'd all have a collective simultaneous orgasm

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2007, 07:33:12 PM »
Uhm, yeah, no they wouldn't. They get into his work in WWE because of his general presence and how he builds up matches. Seriously theres a problem with how you view wrestling if your getting on Rey Misterio getting over through simple spots.

Only English K-Dojo site

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2007, 08:14:24 PM »
Yeah. Rey connects with the kids.

And, physically speaking, a lot of Rey's past exploits still dwarf anything those of the people ELPS mentioned.

It's like the thread where the topic of "heat" was brought up. A million flips will add up to zero pop if people don't care about you. And, unfortunately, but realistically, if everyone ELPS named showed up on Smackdown and gave their best in-ring performances, no one would care about them.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2007, 10:02:24 PM »
wwe, being publicly listed in the NYSE, is much concerned about pulling the profits than putting a decent wrestling match
a technical match, no matter how good, if the locks and holds took too long, would bore the casual fanbase
although i believe that as long as you could put up a decent match and bring in the psychology, the profit would follow eventually

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • BumpLust
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2007, 07:00:40 AM »
...i believe that as long as you could put up a decent match and bring in the psychology, the profit would follow eventually...
On the global stage, at the financial levels where WWE is, only their model has proven to deliver long-term success. I'm of the belief that we're (fans on this message board, for example) in the minority as far as caring about who delivers the soundest in-ring action. And I'm cool with that. I've never agreed with the frame of mind that WWE is somehow obligated to deliver the best in-ring product or educate the masses on what good wrestling should be. There only obligation is to themselves, and that's to make money... something another promotion could take a cue from.

Offline Her Majesty Queen Kori I

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • Joshi Fans
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2007, 12:58:44 PM »
Have to give HEN kudos here. 

I think charisma and being able to work a crowd is a HUGE part of making it in American wrestling.  While I'd love to see the joshi workers show up on RAW and kick butt, some of them would just flop because of differing cultures.

I think THE Ayako could make it, if she brought the hardcore and Ayumi has enough ring presence that she could work her way in, ala Little Big Man Rey route.
You so much as TOUCH kitty's ass, and I'll put a firecracker in your nutsack and blow your balls all over your pants!

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2007, 01:12:51 PM »
NWA Women's Title & AWA Women's title - MsChif (c) - Amazing Kong (c)
Good match, but it needed 5-7 more minutes to flesh things out more. Doesn't measure up to their Shimmer match. ***1/4

ChickFight 9, RWQ Women's Title - Wesna (c) vs. Cheerleader Melissa
I won't lie, I couldn't finish this. I got to the last 7 or 8 minutes, but I just wasn't caring enough to really watch. It felt like a chore by that point. Really felt that way 5-10 minutes before, but I wouldn't try to give it more time.

Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2007, 03:02:11 PM »
Have to give HEN kudos here. 

I think charisma and being able to work a crowd is a HUGE part of making it in American wrestling.  While I'd love to see the joshi workers show up on RAW and kick butt, some of them would just flop because of differing cultures.

I think THE Ayako could make it, if she brought the hardcore and Ayumi has enough ring presence that she could work her way in, ala Little Big Man Rey route.

although i remember vince mcmahon saying on survivor series, "i don't care what do you want!"
(half-kayfabe, half-shoot)

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »
ChickFight 9, RWQ Women's Title - Wesna (c) vs. Cheerleader Melissa
I won't lie, I couldn't finish this. I got to the last 7 or 8 minutes, but I just wasn't caring enough to really watch. It felt like a chore by that point. Really felt that way 5-10 minutes before, but I wouldn't try to give it more time.

Yeah, 45 minutes was just too long for them in this match.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2007, 05:50:10 PM »
SUN 9/22/07 - Toshie Uematsu & ZEST.co vs. Natsuki*Taiyo & Fuuka
Decent match, but the broken ropes really hurt this when they tuned it up the last few minutes. **

SUN 9/22/07 - Hikaru vs. Aja Kong
So I liked the beginning of this where Hikaru wen after Aja before her music even stopped, but from there until the last 2 minutes Hikaru basically was Aja's bitch which just wasn't compelling.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »
mariko yoshida vs ayako hamada
(from the ARSION Zion Tournament)

on the other hand, this match is too short. at the end of 12minutes or so, i still found myself wanting coz i couldn't get enough of the armlocks and the wrestle holds. both fighters are a sight to behold. and this is far better than their first encounter

Offline UnstableProtagonist

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • http://demeteriusstevens.blogspot.com/
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »
Chickfight 4 - Cheerleader Melissa vs. Mercedes Martinez

High caliber match, pitting the two most well-rounded competitors against each other. Melissa appears more impressive every time I see her, but I also admire Mercedes' grappling and mat ability. The first five to six minutes consisted with transitions of submissions on the mat before both women started to throw strikes with abandon. Mercedes demonstrated how powerful she is in this match, unleashing high impact moves onto Melissa. Melissa, on the other hand, was more than capable to dish out some punishment of her own onto Martinez. There was solid continuity throughout the match and the overall finish was stellar. Nothing short out of the ordinary here; this was just a solid match. ***1/2