Author Topic: The Gaijin Thread  (Read 58151 times)

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: The Gaijin Thread
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2010, 11:33:49 AM »

Offline 孤星

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
Here's a recommendation (a bit of a stretch, though)... Jessica James. She's one-half of Rachel and Jessica's Excellent Tag Team alongside Rachel Summerlynn. 

Why specifically Jessica?

SWIFT made this.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2010, 12:43:07 PM »
Jessica has all the charisma in the world, she just needs to get more consistent in-ring. I think Joshi or Lucha would be great for her, especially training with other women her size. However, unless they're an idol(which, minus the hair, Jessica would qualify as) Joshi usually just wants taller non-azn girls like Monster Ripper, Amazing Kong, Madusa, Hailey, Kraven, Melissa, Death Rey, Wesna, April Hunter, Danger, Panther Claw, ect, ect.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2010, 12:53:16 PM »
Yeah, I've noticed they kind of want bigger girls: which makes sense, why fly in girls of similar size? I don't think Jessica is "consistent" because she seems to be kind of old school (but yeah, lucharesu would work wonders for her, especially the agility counters and chaining.) Which is why I asked "why her?" because she doesn't really fit the idea of the type of wrestler who would be asked to go to Japan but then again. ... you know, they just seem to be out for something else. But a girl like Athena would be a great addition if they ever wanted to break away from the bigger is better scale.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2010, 05:16:56 AM »
Cherry Bomb looked like Hailey Hatred with hair dyed darkly. Not that it's a bad thing. (I'm really so behind in terms of modern joshi. I hate myself for that.)

Yeah, I've noticed they kind of want bigger girls: ... But a girl like Athena would be a great addition if they ever wanted to break away from the bigger is better scale.

Big girls work well as heels if they can wrestle too. It's not like being big can be an excuse for being sloppy. It's just that bookers today are still somewhat stuck in the schoolgirl era where the big girls bully the younger/cute girls. And also the foreigner heel still has some clout (notice how most heels lately in the 'E are non-Americans?) in basic booking.

ACCRO

« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2010, 10:33:56 AM »
I don't remember who mentioned it, or if it was even this website, but there's a video of Manami Toyota putting Sara Del Rey in the Figure Four, and Sara yelling "No Japanese, Duuuuuuuh"

Sara Del Rey Figure Four Leglock Collection
Starts at 3:10

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2010, 11:14:23 PM »
Wow, so Tiffany from WWE wants to wrestle in Joshi, according to the preview for her Deever(Fairy) Dirt interview.
Her two best matches in the WWE probably.
WWE Smackdown 3/12/10 Michelle McCool vs Tiffany
WWE Superstars 08/05/10 Tiffany vs Layla

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2010, 12:20:37 AM »
^^

Well, judging from her work, the only promotion that would probably book her is STARDOM. But good for her for wanting to continue wrestling.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2010, 06:24:28 AM »
^^

Well, judging from her work, the only promotion that would probably book her is STARDOM. But good for her for wanting to continue wrestling.

if she can beat the crap out of Drew McIntyre, expect big things for her to come ...
 *haha

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »
^^

She was trained WWE style, remember.

If she was trained in regular pro wrestling she'd probably be okay. Unlike some of the other, harder pushed girls (Alicia Fox is the biggest offender next to KellyKelly) she's actually athletic and can handle her bodyweight in movement.

I think Eve Torres would also be good if she was trained in regular pro wrestling and not WWE style.

SWIFT made this.

Offline TasotheGreek

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2010, 01:18:09 AM »
I looked up Reggie Bennet, I liked her when I saw her in Arsion and once I saw a clip of her in ECW.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2010, 03:44:20 AM »

If she was trained in regular pro wrestling she'd probably be okay. Unlike some of the other, harder pushed girls (Alicia Fox is the biggest offender next to KellyKelly) she's actually athletic and can handle her bodyweight in movement.

I think Eve Torres would also be good if she was trained in regular pro wrestling and not WWE style.

of course i haven't forgotten that. it's just that ever since i've read of how she was arrested for physical assault (with Drew as the victim of said assault), i've told myself, "if she can stiff up for the hubby, she can be stiff."

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2010, 08:42:46 AM »
She has great strikes and has a weightlifting backround. She also has some great BITCH RAGEiness that would be great for joshi. I"m assuming Tajiri will bring her to SMASH after Mickie didn't work out.

I agree about Alicia. She constantly trips over her own limbs. If Omukai, Nishio, and Jessie Mckay can get over that, there's no reason she can't.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »
A weight lifting background.. ...she is stick thin.  *haha I don't think Tajiri knows Tiffany/Taryn. He doesn't just bring over any WWE name, he brings over people he became friends with during his time in the E and in original ECW.

of course i haven't forgotten that. it's just that ever since i've read of how she was arrested for physical assault (with Drew as the victim of said assault), i've told myself, "if she can stiff up for the hubby, she can be stiff."

I was posting towards NikkySan, I didn't even see your post originally.

When a woman is moved to physical violence. ....something is up.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2010, 04:31:09 AM »

I was posting towards NikkySan, I didn't even see your post originally.

When a woman is moved to physical violence. ....something is up.

i know. i saw my own gym trainer getting bullied by his own wife. i tried to suppress laughter while seeing it (actually the wife would really let the public see it which in my opinion is already hurting the hubby's ego)

i think being a wrestler might help Tiffany unleash rage. unfortunately since she can't be too stiff toward the Divas, she ended up unleashing the rage on Drew

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
The only WWE wrestler who would do well in Japan is, without a doubt, Gail Kim!!

Unfortunately, they have buried her so badly that I'm not sure how her skills are now but I think Gail needs to go to Japan...to salvage her career, sharpen her skills & add a solid wrestler to the joshi roster *bwah
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs153.snc4/36997_1499846226227_1536320446_31219549_1866481_n.jpg

MEGUMI KUDO - "Evil Princess" & "Extreme Queen"

KANA - "Joshi Queen of STIFFNESS"

MANAMI TOYOTA - "The Legend"

TRIPLE TAILS - "Joshi's version of the Triple Threat"

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2010, 02:56:49 PM »
The only WWE wrestler who would do well in Japan is, without a doubt, Gail Kim!!

Unfortunately, they have buried her so badly that I'm not sure how her skills are now but I think Gail needs to go to Japan...to salvage her career, sharpen her skills & add a solid wrestler to the joshi roster *bwah

Gail wouldn't do well, and it's obvious she's not worried about having SO GREAT MATCHES considering she went from TNA to WWE despite the rosters of both at the time. Nattie and Beth would be the only Divas who'd do well.

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »

Sorry but I had to facepalm at that one. The only thing Gail has going for her is highspots. Take those away, and she'd be pretty average. Not to mention, I'm not sure if she'd be able to handle the puro style. AmKong is probably the stiffest wrestler she's faced, so if she wrestled girls like Aja, Satomura, Kana or even Shuri she'd get destroyed. Like ELPS said, Beth or Nattie (who had an awesome match with AmKong in Japan) would do much better in Japan. They are more well rounded, and I can see them playing a gaijin heel pretty well. And I would pay good money to see Phoenix vs Haruyama.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2010, 10:16:52 PM »
I second Beth and Nattie. Gail is alright but she's a babyface only type of wrestler, I don't doubt her toughness. I don't know what she was like as Felina. .. ..

Gail wouldn't do well, and it's obvious she's not worried about having SO GREAT MATCHES considering she went from TNA to WWE despite the rosters of both at the time. Nattie and Beth would be the only Divas who'd do well.

I think she did care about putting on great matches and it pleased her to be apart of something great for womens' wrestling in TNA. The problem was she (and a lot of other women) just couldn't make a living wage in TNA and that is why she went to WWE. TNA paid so little that when all was said and done (travel costs) she was basically paying them for her time.  And then they basically just said "you're a woman. fuck you" and lowballed her right out of the company. Sad. So back to sexist WWE style.

SWIFT made this.

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »
More photos of Madison Eagles from the 11/28 NEO show.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:39:29 PM by luckycleareyes »

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2010, 11:12:07 PM »
A weight lifting background.. ...she is stick thin.  *

Apparently, former WWE Diva Tiffany has a chronic illness.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2010, 04:58:26 AM »
thanks for the pic, lucky. i just noticed that Madison lacked some facial expressions. i know she's a heel at SHIMMER but ... either the pics were taken from a bad angle or Madison had issues with facial expressions as a heel

Offline King of Joshi

• I Live Here
  • Dark Unicorn and Black Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »
thanks for the pic, lucky. i just noticed that Madison lacked some facial expressions. i know she's a heel at SHIMMER but ... either the pics were taken from a bad angle or Madison had issues with facial expressions as a heel

She definitely doesn't lack that.

Warning: Comment may be deleted by walking chode.

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »

She definitely doesn't lack that.

I think she toned down the heel act in Japan since this was basically SHIMMER's first real introduction there, and wanted to make a good 1st impression. She went with the fighting spirit/stoic warrior & women athlete route and it worked really well.

Pretty much every fan that saw her and commented on her was impressed. Obviously they're marks for size, but she was also regularly commented on for her mat skills and her athleticism.

What hasn't been mentioned too often, probably because she said it in English with an Australian accent to 175 Japanese people, but after her match she spoke on the microphone and appealed to the fans to keep supporting women wrestling. She said the women wrestlers of Japan, American, Australia, Canada and Mexico are ready to come together to keep joshi wrestling alive.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
Europe is gonna be so mad it got left out.

SWIFT made this.