Author Topic: The Gaijin Thread  (Read 58968 times)

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: The Gaijin Thread
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2008, 07:22:56 PM »
i didn't think you would have a problem with her posing topless
None at all. I enjoyed the photos. She's got a nice rack.
...if they wanted to go they already would have or at least made the effort.
Well stated.

And on the Melissa Stripes example, even if she does want to go, like Vamp said, who here is going to pick up the bill for her? "Go to Japan! Go to Japan! Oh... you need money? Ummm... you're on your own. I'm just a fan who thinks all of you should go to Japan."

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2008, 07:26:25 PM »
is it true that S Ovation (IBUKI's distributor) is willing to shoulder the transportation expenses?

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2008, 08:11:01 AM »
Example: Gail Kim knows she doesn't need to learn submission wrestling to maintain her popularity; she just needs to keep her good side out there; hence the posing topless.
I concur. And another example, just so it's not perceived that I'm picking on poor wittle Gail Kim, look at the relatively very athletic Shantelle Taylor. She probably left her WWE developmental deal with enough money to go to Japan... but she went to the breast augmentation surgeon instead. Again, I'm not knocking Shantelle for her decision. I'm a fan of hers. But it further illustrates the reality of what Vamp is attempting to state here... without it looking like I'm "berating" Gail Kim.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2008, 10:01:45 AM »
Well I'm just saying everyone keeps saying she's crap when she's trying her hardest to become a great wrestler. She did work plenty of matches for the indies and in mexico during her time between raw and tna.

I do see what you mean, and if Ibuki isn't going to pay for their trip then I completely agree they should work on their looks or something. But if Ibuki is paying for it, than I can easily see them doing it.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »
i don't see myself hating on her when i see effort on her part to be a great wrestler
it's just that she might be exterting a little too much, otherwise she wouldn't be injured (or was she injured again?)

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2008, 01:54:24 PM »
It's kayfabe injured. I've only heard of her being for real injured in the wwe.

Richlet

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2008, 04:42:30 AM »

Well *technically* she was injured in her last ppv singles match with kong, one of her implants broke (the "concussion" injury) and required replacing.  The things these gals go through just amazes me.  I'm a big Gail fan, but the way she bumps Kong's sitout power bomb scares the hell out of me. In a way, she reminds me of Curt Hennig how she takes her bumps.  She sells really well.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
...she's trying her hardest...
Awww... poor wittle Gail Kim is trying her hardest. I kid. Seriously though, a lot of people try their hardest but just don't have the right amounts of nature and nurture to show for it. Fortunately for her, Gail's natural ability is that she is very attractive.
...one of her implants broke...
I think that was just untrue Interwebz newz. And, if I recall correctly, Gail Kim has suffered legit injurie(s) in her time with TNA... otherwise they are totally overworking the injury gimmick and her selling isn't as improved as some would like to believe.

Disclaimer: I think Gail Kim is a fair to middle in-ring performer and exceptionally attractive. This post is in no way intended to berate or belittle her.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:18:07 AM by HEN »

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »
come on, not trying to sound nicey nicey over here but aren't we trying to portray a positive image of a wrestler here?
we may be occassionally bitching on hotta for being a no seller and all that kind of crap but even if a wrestler comes up short in doing what she can to put up a great match despite the fact that she already put her body on the line, aren't we supposed to give commendation to it?

i don't hate on SDR coz i don't think she's that bad but she is decent enough to carry that title
it wasn't her fault that she bordered on being overrated

on the other hand, i don't mind kong winning the belt away from her then since kong is often booked as a dominant monster so expect her to be a multiple title holder (that's how dominance is executed in promotions IMO)

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2008, 03:35:03 PM »

Well *technically* she was injured in her last ppv singles match with kong, one of her implants broke (the "concussion" injury) and required replacing.  The things these gals go through just amazes me.  I'm a big Gail fan, but the way she bumps Kong's sitout power bomb scares the hell out of me. In a way, she reminds me of Curt Hennig how she takes her bumps.  She sells really well.

Uh yeah, if you haven't seen Manswers, nothing short of a bullet is gonna break those things.

And it's not like I'm saying Gail is an amazing wrestler, I know right now she'd probably only be working midcard or lowermidcard matches in shimmer, but she's really trying to improve herself. I just think she needs someone like melissa to help her striking and ground game. I'm just saying, even I have cooled down on the SDR hate.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2008, 06:58:46 PM »
^^For the last timeHe's not berating Gail Kim. Saying someone posed topless or got breast implants instead of going to Japan is not being negative about them; it's a fact that in this country that's all the "skill" you need to develop to move to new levels; which is why very few women learn to cut promos.. ..or even wrestle passingly why do that when all you have to do is pose sexily on the ropes and show your panties? This is why everyone praises Gail because since she went a little further she's like Dean Malenko compared to the rest of them. This goes for the ladies that know how to wrestle in the WWE, too.

I, on the other hand, would go to Japan but odds are if I really do give wrestling a try I'll never have enough money to make that happen. And certainly not if I'm only going to be there for one day only to get shat on. I'm sure I'll be reminded plenty of times in the states that I'm not worth shit(too harsh-that I'm nothing but an ant); I don't really need to go to Japan to get it reinforced as I loose to some homegrown talent. 

Example: Gail Kim knows she doesn't need to learn submission wrestling to maintain her popularity; she just needs to keep her good side out there; hence the posing topless.
I concur. And another example, just so it's not perceived that I'm picking on poor wittle Gail Kim, look at the relatively very athletic Shantelle Taylor. She probably left her WWE developmental deal with enough money to go to Japan... but she went to the breast augmentation surgeon instead. Again, I'm not knocking Shantelle for her decision. I'm a fan of hers. But it further illustrates the reality of what Vamp is attempting to state here... without it looking like I'm "berating" Gail Kim.

You can call it pessimistic all you want but the fact is it's reality. There's not really a need to go to Japan to improve for women. It really doesn't even exist except for some exceptions like Melissa. But most of the time a lot of women can't afford it and don't really need to do it. Even if IBUKI is picking up the tab. . .....

SWIFT made this.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2008, 07:00:36 PM »
Yes, the jobbing really helps your skill level.

being a jobber doesn't always mean you're getting buried

Funny how you say that but everytime a notable face looses you claim they're getting buried.

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2008, 07:19:39 PM »
Yes I know there's not so much of a need to go. But again I'm not talking financially. I'm saying if Ibuki is picking up the tab like arsion did, then if you care enough about bettering yourself instead of so much about getting on TV, then I say they should take this opportunity. I'm not even saying it's a better idea to go to japan, but if they care more about improving their wrestling talent, and being remembered as a great wrestler, instead of a hot chick who can wrestle pretty well, then they might want to take this chance.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »
Even if you are a great wrestler who happens to be hot; guess what people are going to remember first, better and more clearly?

Even if some want to go; you guys did not get it out to the right people who MIGHT go like Stripes, Portia Perez and all the others who obviously AREN'T looking into getting into WWE or TNA and not people are totally mainstream material like Jennifer Blake who have too much to loose (and noth enough to gain) by going.

Plus, without finances how are they going to go?  *crazy In wrestling, you HAVE to speak financially.

And yet another "besides": usually people who care more about bettering themselves than getting into a major company (because they are smart enough to know it'll never happen) do so within their means and not beyond them.
Like I said, I'd love to go but chances are if I get into wrestling I probably won't be able to go to Japan at the same time.

If IBUKI is picking up the tab shouldn't they be doing something like tryouts to make sure what they're bringing over is at least marketable? Or maybe they'll hold tryouts once they get them over there. ...which doesn't make sense, either.

Space control to Major Tom.. . . a little less realism, please.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:29:00 PM by Vamp »

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2008, 07:40:55 PM »
The offer calls for you to send in a highlight dvd/tape of you wrestling, and a full body photo of you in your ring gear.

I sent it to more than just her. I sent it to Mickie Knuckles, Ariel, Allison Danger, Lufisto, Blue Nikita, Lacey(who's made it clear she doesn't want to work for a major company until they give women more than 3 minutes for a match), Serena Deeb(her, I'll admit, might worry more about getting into TNA or WWE), Jetta, Daizee Haze, Mercedes Martinez, Cindy Rogers, Wesna, and Rebecca Knox.

If you're so worried about only making money then what's the point of life? I mean I'd rather be making great matches than being in TNA or WWE. And if we say, what's the point of going to japan, I'll never make it into a major company unless I get a boobjob, then that's all it's ever gonna be. If more women try to put wrestling talent first, then a change can happen. But if everyone thought they need to be good looking to make it anywhere, we'd never have shimmer or chickfight.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2008, 08:05:32 PM »
But more women are never going to be it first, at least not for a couple of decades or maybe even never. Looks matter; they have always mattered and huge boobs are the new "in" thing- I have no idea why but it certainly DOES seem to be a prerequisite and you have to admit it always makes money, not just in wrestling but even in something as mundane as workout videos. How many women on SHIMMER or Chickfight are actually unattractive? And if they are; how many of them are faces?

Serena Deeb just went under the knife TWICE- nose and boobs got done.

Some people would like to make wrestling more than a just hobby seen by 50 people in a bar and a small portion of the wrestling community on the Internet and only working for a major company can make that happen. It's also gives more people the ability to continue wrestling. Starving on the indies can only go on for so long. Fans love it but they have no idea what it's like for the wrestlers--very few can make a full time career out of indy wrestling. Not everyone makes it, only a small percentage, but it's worth it to try if you want a bigger stage and some fame. I'm afraid most people are going to go for the big prize instead of the little tokens. It's not about the money, it's about that.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:09:47 PM by Vamp »

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »
I know, I'm just saying, that saying every woman shouldn't try to go to japan just isn't true. If you believe and love wrestling enough to make that sacrifice then that's what I'd do. But even if you love wrestling, and can't do it, there's nothing wrong with that. It's just what you're willing to sacrifice, and yes you can't always live on the indies, but wouldn't you rather take this opportunity while it's there then work on saving up for that boob job?

And, looks like serena had to gain 20 pounds in order to fit those boobs. I actually liked her nose. I like little imperfections like that. In that first pic she looks like simply luscious *bwah

Richlet

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2008, 11:12:34 PM »
HEN:  I'm sure you're trying your hardest.. just like gail.  Maybe proofread what you're writing before you post ;)  But you're trying your hardest ;) 

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2008, 06:26:42 AM »
You can call it pessimistic all you want but the fact is it's reality. There's not really a need to go to Japan to improve for women.
I agree. But there is not really a need to go under the knife or pose nude either. Going to Japan, undergoing surgery or posing nude are all matters of personal choice, not necessity.
HEN:  I'm sure you're trying your hardest.. just like gail.  Maybe proofread what you're writing before you post ;)  But you're trying your hardest ;)
Clever. I copy and paste like Gerweck. It's a chance I take.

Offline Her Majesty Queen Kori I

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • Joshi Fans
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2008, 06:54:24 AM »
Wait, you actually sent that Ibuki invite to all those wrestlers?!
You so much as TOUCH kitty's ass, and I'll put a firecracker in your nutsack and blow your balls all over your pants!

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »
Yeah....and victoria, I don't expect her to take it, but crazier things have happened....maybe mcmahon would be nice for all the years of jobbing he's put her through.

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2008, 02:05:51 PM »
You know from the way it's worded, it's just to open contacts with IBUKI as it says right on it "This is not a job application."

Of course, this is how something can begin and that's the point. And who knows, maybe some girls will ask about paying for training...

To my knowledge, IBUKI doesn't have a live-in dojo.

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • Joshi Fans
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »
So you know, in the future.

Some people will take that the wrong way.  And consider it disrespectful.  Some will say thanks, but others could view it as someone taking a shot at their wrestling skills.
You so much as TOUCH kitty's ass, and I'll put a firecracker in your nutsack and blow your balls all over your pants!

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »
it's just an invite, either they take it positively or negatively
but if they're more into honing their wrestling skills the stiffest way possible, they shouldn't ignore this opportunity

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • Joshi Fans
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »
But you do realize it's just to establish contact, right? 

And you can't ignore their feelings on the matter either.