Author Topic: Joshi General Discussion Thread  (Read 22585 times)

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
Re: Joshi General Discussion Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
Honestly I would complain about Stardom's general placement on those lists except the pool of fans is so small there rally isn't much point in taking it too seriously.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline The Stupid One

• Neophyte
  • I didn't deserve to be right here, even i'm the stupid, autist, unstable one in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2015, 12:50:52 AM »
I see that list of best promotion. Ice Ribbon was in 5th place, that was shocked me, they're have good booking match since i follow on may 2013. but, welcome to the internet.
I didn't deserve to be right here, even i'm the stupid, autist, unstable one in the world
enzuigiripuro.tumblr.com

Offline Sure Shot Lynch

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2015, 04:51:37 PM »
Daijo "THANK PILGRIMS? ~ YUO STRIVE", 18.01.2015
Konohana Kumin Hall, Osaka
160 Fans

Misaki Guriko & Mede Tiger Mask over Benten-musume & Taiyoto Kamen (9:48)
Hikaru Shida & Ayaka over Mika Iida & Hiroe Nagahama (11:56)
Memorial Wave ~ Shu Shibutani Retirement Road: Fairy Nipponbashi over Shu Shibutani (0:06)
a. Memorial Wave ~ Shu Shibutani Retirement Road: Fairy Nipponbashi over Shu Shibutani (0:07)
b. Memorial Wave ~ Shu Shibutani Retirement Road: Shu Shibutani over Fairy Nipponbashi (3:51)
Yuu Yamagata & Tsubasa Kuragaki over Misaki Ohata & Nyanber (15:33)
Rina Yamashita & Kana over Sawako Shimono & Kagetsu - Referee Stop (15:49)

[results from www.purolove.com]

Offline Sure Shot Lynch

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »
Does anyone have the results from Chigusa's show last weekend?

Offline nyannyanexpress!

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2015, 11:43:56 PM »
The only thing I saw about Chigusa's show was Hirota talking about her "Married Woman Rules" match with Hamuko on her blog, which she won apparently.  It started with a laundry phase; they tied at folding t-shirts.  Hamuko won the wrestling match, and Hirota won the married woman phase, which seemed to have something to do with audience members judging them.  *shrug*

Offline Sure Shot Lynch

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2015, 12:31:32 AM »
Thank you, that's actually one of the results from the show I was looking for.  The other is the Tsukushi-Mochi match (which I would assume that 'kushi would have won).

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2015, 06:39:52 AM »
Does anyone have the results from Chigusa's show last weekend?

I looked and haven't found them.
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline The Stupid One

• Neophyte
  • I didn't deserve to be right here, even i'm the stupid, autist, unstable one in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2015, 06:21:53 AM »
after watch MIO produce on Niconico today,  Mio was Announce she will end her career as a professional wrestler due had a serious injury on her neck, and his final match will be held on September, 20 at Korakuen Hall

report : www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hcihe_joshi-report-2-16-15-mio-vs-io-highlights_sport
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:11:43 PM by K-ENTU Dojo »
I didn't deserve to be right here, even i'm the stupid, autist, unstable one in the world
enzuigiripuro.tumblr.com

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32:35 AM »
That is surprising and so disappointing.
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline nyannyanexpress!

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2015, 12:37:56 AM »
:(

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2015, 02:14:07 AM »
Will Mio Shirai continue wrestling between now and September 20 even with a serious neck injury?

Offline The Stupid One

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2015, 04:13:15 AM »
Probably yes, she had much Ice Ribbon show, and Challenging Hamada-Yamagata with Misaki Ohata for DUALSHOCKWAVE Tag Champion and Regina di WAVE against Hamada, and defend Union Fly to Everywhere Championship next event (TBA)
enzuigiripuro.tumblr.com

Offline nyannyanexpress!

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2015, 01:39:32 AM »
Aki Shizuku is joining Marvelous!  It doesn't seem as if it's going to affect what she's doing with Kirakira Taiyou Project.

https://twitter.com/shizukuaki1031/status/571937497963315201

With KAORU, Iroha and Shizuku, Chigusa's starting to put together a pretty solid roster.  I'm curious to see if she has her eyes on anyone else now.

Offline K-Lock

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2015, 02:13:14 AM »
So I found something interesting on /wooo/ that was apparently talked about a bit until the Queens Shoot Incident:

There was actually another scandel story in joshi pro wrestling that dropped on 2/20 but was completely overshadowed by the STARDOM Incident.

http://www.excite.co.jp/News/entertainment_g/20150220/Cyzo_201502_1000_8.html
http://www.excite.co.jp/News/entertainment_g/20150220/Cyzo_201502_1000_8.html?_p=2

>It's being called a "Fake Marriage Scandal" and they didn't release the girls name, only calling her "Wrestler A."
    >She's being accused of scamming some mark out of 10,000,000 JPY (around $84,000 USD).
    >He's a 40-something office worker who is a fan of a company that employs "a lot of beautiful woman wrestlers."
    >The wrestler is in her 20s.
    >He gave her a total of 7 payments ranging from 500,000 - 4,000,000 JPY.
    >He was at a bar owned by a former pro wrestler when he met her the first time about 2.5 years ago.
    >They drank together all night and when they left they exchanged emails. He was excited.
    >He originally bought tickets through the companies website, but she told him that the wrestlers had a quota to push a minimum of 20 tickets per show.
    >She convinced him to buy all 20 through her. He re-sold the other 19 via online auction at a loss or gave them away.
    >So he would by the 20 tickets from her at the show and they'd talk and behave familiarly, and he thought they were friends.
    >About 1 year ago things started to get more serious.
    >While on the road she usually stayed at 4,000 JPY($40)/night hotels. He told her "I want you to stay at a better place because you're a star!"
    >He booked her hotel upgrades to 20,000 JPY ($200)/night hotels.
    >When the rest of the girls would return from the road via minibus, he would buy her airplane tickets.
    >They would got out to eat about 1-2 times a month, and would hold hands as they left.
    >He said he wants to date and she said she likes him and OK.
    >No sex until marriage though!!!
    >He eventually asks her to marry him and he says yes. She tells him because her job is so public that all boyfriends/husbands must be kept secret from fans so don't tell anybody.
    >She hits him for 4,000,000 JPY to "buy land from an acquaintance cheaply"
    >She hits for money for a "bruise removal skin treatment" and to reserve the ceremony hall for their wedding. He complies.
    >He starts to have doubt having spent 10,000,000 JPY on her. So he would question her and ask her if she is serious about getting married or is she scamming him.
    >She flies off the handle. "I don't want to deal with such an impatient person." She yells and cries and storms off.
    >She stops answering his phone calls.
    >She ignores and avoids him at shows.
    >He confronts her and she goes pale. She calls him a "bastard" and that he's "full of shit."
    >She tells him she didn't commit fraud, that she does like him, and that she said she was under the impression he was giving her the money so she could succeed in pro wrestling not for a marriage fund.
    >He tells the reporter that he still loves her, that's why he hasn't gone public with her name or pressed charges. He's still not sure if he believes her, but he no longer trusts her.

WHo do you guys think is behind this?

Offline CasualScum

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2015, 07:19:13 PM »
Hey, so I'm ~new here~ and I was wondering where American(or I suppose European, too) fans go for joshi merch. I'm able to finagle my way around the Wave site(for example) well enough with Google Chrome translating the way, but things get a bit wonky once I get to the order page. There seems to be some kind of payment method similar to PayPal that's necessary, or sometimes it seems like shipping outside of Japan simply isn't possible.

Basically, I'm wondering if there are decent resources for buying official merch that I'm just not finding. Totally understand/am cool with import fees. I've given Rinkya a cursory look, though I've mostly came up empty with the exception of a couple DVDs here and there.

As for K-Lock's post, I think it's Mayu Iwatani. She seems shady...

Offline Dexx

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2015, 08:53:17 PM »
Hey, so I'm ~new here~ and I was wondering where American(or I suppose European, too) fans go for joshi merch. I'm able to finagle my way around the Wave site(for example) well enough with Google Chrome translating the way, but things get a bit wonky once I get to the order page. There seems to be some kind of payment method similar to PayPal that's necessary, or sometimes it seems like shipping outside of Japan simply isn't possible.

Basically, I'm wondering if there are decent resources for buying official merch that I'm just not finding. Totally understand/am cool with import fees. I've given Rinkya a cursory look, though I've mostly came up empty with the exception of a couple DVDs here and there.

As for K-Lock's post, I think it's Mayu Iwatani. She seems shady...

Ew Mayu's just 21 2.5 years ago she would have been 18 or 19. I can't see someone in their 40's being into someone in their late teens/ early twenties.  Plus while Mayu is far from ugly she's not stunning either   

Offline CasualScum

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2015, 09:12:28 PM »
Haha, it was just a knee-jerk reaction. No reason to believe it's actually her. Maybe I'll go undercover at the Shimmer tapings and see if Hikaru Shida would be willing to low-key marry me.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2015, 09:32:39 PM »
Ew Mayu's just 21 2.5 years ago she would have been 18 or 19. I can't see someone in their 40's being into someone in their late teens/ early twenties.

So you have never in your life heard the phrase 'dirty old man'? It's more common than any of us would like to think.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:34:49 PM by WFSX »

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2015, 10:33:34 AM »
Dailymotion user "ROHCode" posted the latest episode of Occupation of the Joshi (#30), hosted by DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2iw2ty_occupation-of-the-joshi-30_sport

Start with banter between the Jumonjis and Carlos the puppet.  We get to see what is underneath Sachiko's skirt *Oni*

Typical format.  We start with highlights of various promotions, with recent clips from JWP, YMZ, Ice Ribbon, and Kana Pro.  Obviously the big news of the week was the STARDOM show and the horrible Yoshiko-Act shoot, and that had to be addressed.  Clips of the gore briefer than others posted earlier this week.  I'd be interested in a translation of what Chisako & Sachiko said about the incident. 

Also showed an old clip of the Sendai sisters vs Shirai sisters tag from the Jr. All Stars show way back in 2007.  They teased the possibility of a rematch before Mio retires.  I would like to see that.

This week the interview at Bull Nakano's bar was with Nanae Takahashi.  Some hype of upcoming match between Sendai sisters against Nanae & Kairi Hojo.

We then got extended clips of Sachiko's comeback match with Chisako against Command Bolshoi & Kyoko Kimura.  Then a segment where Chisako & Sachiko guide a tour of Sendai's dojo, followed by a trip with Meiko Satomura, the sisters, and Michiko Miyagi to areas heavily devastated 4 years ago (March 11, 2011) by the earthquake/tsunami.
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline nyannyanexpress!

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2015, 01:41:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihs86AiZMiA

NHK did a piece on Sawako Shimono living and wrestling with Alopecia universalis.  Check it out.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2015, 08:31:23 PM »
This news is a few days old, but it's worth posting:
http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/womens_prores/410428/

Nanae Takahash and Natsuki are starting a wrestling production company called 'Seadlinnng'. From the rough translation, it sounds like they're going to be running a show sometime this summer.

Offline WFSX

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2015, 09:32:18 AM »
http://battle-news.com/?p=10747

The debut SEAdLINNNG show will be on Aug. 26 at Korakuen Hall. Nanae is the only participant announced thus far.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:01:25 PM by WFSX »

Offline Suben

• Teenage Wildlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2015, 03:36:55 PM »
Hikaru Shida and Nikki Storm were at WWE's tryout in Japan.

I have a hard time seeing Shida not getting signed.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2015, 06:40:28 PM »
Seriously? I would be shocked if Shida was signed. She has actually degraded over the last 2-3 years, and WWE seems to rarely sign anyone from the Japanese tryouts.
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Suben

• Teenage Wildlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
Kana's taking an indefinite hiatus from pro wrestling after her Kana Pro show on 9/15.