Author Topic: Feeling alone  (Read 2335 times)

RKade8583

Feeling alone
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/RKade8583 (Joshi playlist) I made a playlist of the two matches that, I feel, encapsulate my love of Joshi.

The first match is the Combat Toyoda retirement match. I think it shows how psychology and emotion make for an absolutely awesome match. Few puro matches (I have yet to see any but I have to believe they exist) make me almost cry like this one always seems to do. For the record, my mom absolutely bawled when she saw this match and she didn't know ANYTHING about Joshi.

The second match (Kong/Hotta) shows how real Joshi can get. It's nothing but Kong pissing Hotta off and Hotta retaliating until, oh shit, they remember they have a match to do. This match shows the immersion of Joshi.

Nobody around here, not even my wife, appreciates Joshi like I do. My wife understands why I enjoy it and she agrees with it... she's just not into it. NOBODY else I've talked to will even watch these matches let alone try to understand where I'm coming from... so I came here so as not to feel so crushingly alone out here.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:41:44 PM by RKade8583 »

Offline 孤星

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Good friends.
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling alone
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »
Hang out here. We could use the people/content.

SWIFT made this.

RKade8583

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »
I don't know about content. My knowledge of Joshi goes no further than "I like moster heels ala Aja Kong and Combat Toyoda" so you guys could probably teach me quite a lot. I just hope you guys understand my points. It's not because they're hawt chix, it's the theater of it, you know? I wish I knew of more matches that had one or both of those qualities I mentioned above. Kudo's retirement match, for example, just sucked.

Offline 孤星

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
I like the athletic/violent theater. I miss the pageantry of the 90s as well as the storytelling.

SWIFT made this.

RKade8583

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »
I don't really need much of a storyline. Toyoda's match was as simple as "the big one's retiring and the crying guy is the owner of the company" and Kong's match was as simple as "OH SHIT! Hotta's gonna get her ass kicked for daring to kick Kong that hard."

WWF from an early age soured me on 90% of the story. Any match suggestions? Links? I favor monster heels (obviously) but I prefer monsters with some agility.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 03:30:18 AM »
You've already discoved Aja, but I bet you'd love Bull Nakano.  There's quite a bit of Bull from the 80s and 90s on Youtube, I think.  During the 80s, she was one of Dump Matsumoto's gand (you'd probably like Dump brutalziang the crush girls, Chigusa Nagayo & Lioness Asuka, as well).

Bull then became the main heel in AJW after the Crush Girls and Dump retired (although they came back later).  Bull and Aja, in fact, had a pretty bitter fued during the early 90s. with people like a young Kyoko Inoue as Bull's gang and Bison Kimura with Aja. There's a famous cage match and a famous hair match involving them (the cage match Bull vs Aja and the hair match Bull/Kyoko vs Aja/Bison).  Bull also had a chain match with Shinobu Kandori.

I'll let others throw in some more ideas.
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

RKade8583

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
I remember hearing about Kandori. Didn't she become a diet member? What are the best links to those matches. My eyes hate youtube (legally blind)

Offline nyannyanexpress!

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »
The Dump Matsumoto/Chigusa Nagayo hair match from '85 was the first thing that came to mind when I read the original post.

Here's a playlist for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G-Cv_HjSmw&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL9963200B5922D4F8

RKade8583

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »
Watching it right now. The description was very helpful in setting it up. The first thing I wonder is does this match stray into "immersion" the way the Hotta/Kong match did?

edit: http://youtu.be/14q7JN00b2U I googled a match I had seen on an FMW dvd I used to have. Sorry for the english announcers... yikes.

edit2: finished watching the match. I didn't like it too much. There wasn't any athleticism. It was just... a beating.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:52:35 PM by RKade8583 »