Author Topic: Official World of Joshi Discussion Thread  (Read 9460 times)

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Project: World of Joshi (discussion thread)
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »
My vote on retired wrestlers is no. I just think that they should not be eligible, since they no longer wrestle. If that was the case, I'd include Megumi Kudo & all the other joshi from yester-year. I just want to keep it with the active joshi..my opinion.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs153.snc4/36997_1499846226227_1536320446_31219549_1866481_n.jpg

MEGUMI KUDO - "Evil Princess" & "Extreme Queen"

KANA - "Joshi Queen of STIFFNESS"

MANAMI TOYOTA - "The Legend"

TRIPLE TAILS - "Joshi's version of the Triple Threat"

globalhonored

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
I see your point. We all wish Megumi was still kicking ass and taking names, for sure.

Are there any wrestlers on the master list that I have marked as retired that you would make an exception for?

I'm saying this before Blue Knee is up as I imagine Hyuga would be tempting there.

Oh, and as I mentioned on the draft thread, I would have no problem sending Kana over to your promotion on a semi-regular basis to work shows. I wouldn't want to break up Triple Tails! We could definitely work something out for that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:25:47 PM by globalhonored »

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 10:42:12 PM »
I guess I'd be fine with Hyuga, Tamura, Matsuo & Nakajima.

As for the promotions, we can definitely work together, globalhonored. After all, it'd be criminal to "break up" Triple Tails *bwah

However, I'm still peeved that I missed out on both of my two favorite active joshi wrestlers *gloom
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs153.snc4/36997_1499846226227_1536320446_31219549_1866481_n.jpg

globalhonored

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 04:36:37 AM »
Ok, right now we are going with Hyuga, Nakajima,
 Matsuo, Pinky and Tamura as active and available wrestlers to draft. The rest of the retirees will be removed from the list until they would return to active competion in "real world," at which time we'll add them to free agency. Thanks everyone - draft is already heating up. All the choices made so far were in my to ten wanted list.

globalhonored

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 07:38:48 AM »
Great job so far everyone, Blue Knee of D, it is now up to you as your promotion can make two selections at this time. Head over to the Draft Thread and let us know who you have chosen.

globalhonored

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 02:28:15 PM »

GALAXY - Debuting soon, right here on joshifans.com!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:57:52 PM by globalhonored »

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »
Wow, nice logo! *approve

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »
VERY nice, GH *approve

Mine is:

Offline Antonio DAMAN

• Administrator
  • The Resident wrestler of JoshiFans
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 12:36:28 PM »
So, I've been doing some work on some profile pics for the different rosters.  I don't know if each promotion is going to get their own thread to post shows in, or if it'll all be in one giant thread, but this is what I've been working on, and what it'll look like, finished:

Kana
Height: 160cm
Weight: 62kg
Debut: 6/16/2004 vs. Leona (LEON)
Finisher(s): Billyken, Hip Attack, Kanagon Sleeper

That's what a finished wrestler profile looks like.  It'll go all the way down a single post for one roster, and then another post for the next roster, etc.  The biggest thing is finding usable, recent pictures for all of the girls, lol.

Offline rocky2010

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 12:43:04 PM »
that's pretty cool DAMAN. I'm assuming everyone gets their own thread for booking, but it'd be cool if we could have a thread with all the rosters and profiles in one place, sort of in the vein of a "fan site" in a way. (kind of like purolove :P)

banner by shupercousin *approve

the Fabulous Five:shupercousin, BigMike, Mr. Kinniku Mike, ELPS, and Rocky. It's like the fabulous freebirds, only WAYYY less awesome and WAYYY more gay

globalhonored

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »
Great idea Chris. I am totally behind this, I think it would look great.

My suggestion would be for:
*Official World Of Joshi Rosters, Guidelines & Rules Thread (we could even list champions, logos and next events info here, brief explanation of our project)
*Official World of Joshi Transactions Thread ( I could make one for each month, starting new transaction cycle)
*Official World of Joshi News & Promotions Thread (here is where we all post our "news," promos, role plays, pressers, announce events, etc.)
*Official UJWF Events & Results Thread (Here is where the shows, maybe schedules in first post)
*Official Galaxy Events & Results Thread (schedules here)
*Official NFW Events & Results Thread (schedules here)
*Official WWA Events & Results Thread (schedules here)
*Official WJP Events & Results Thread (schedules here)
*Official World of Joshi discussion Thread (where you are RIGHT NOW, to shoot the shiznit about our promotions and offer feedback, break kayfabe, etc)

-The Promoters when it is time (not yet please) should get together and figure out a uniform design for the first post on the events/results threads so they all are easy jumping on points for potential readers and fans. The promoter should likely post the thread so that they would be able to go in and edit the schedules accordingly. But let's wait until we are all ready and have agreed upon the layout.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:16:48 AM by globalhonored »

Offline Antonio DAMAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
This is just me, but I think the schedules should be with the events and results for each promotion, or in the news thread.  Whenever I've done a journal/diary/BTB, I've always posted the schedule as a news piece, like you'd see on purolove.com and such.  It adds that extra bit of realism.

globalhonored

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »
Yes. Schedules appearing in first post of each promotion's events/results thread would be appropriate. They could be edited by the promoter as we go along. Works for me.

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 09:16:03 AM »
Not sure if this is the right thread to post but was thinking that we should do an annual or bi-annual "Super-show," involving all our promotions...aka the multi-promotion shows of the mid-90s!

I think it would only add to "our joshi universe" & be really fun. We could work out the details (date, venue, matches etc.) in another thread.

Thoughts/Opinions?

Offline rocky2010

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
sounds like it could be interesting. It'd be interesting if we got that far. failing that we can always have a tournament of champions or something big like that.

the Fabulous Five:shupercousin, BigMike, Mr. Kinniku Mike, ELPS, and Rocky. It's like the fabulous freebirds, only WAYYY less awesome and WAYYY more gay

globalhonored

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 09:49:13 AM »
Yes, eventually I would like to build up to a big venue supershow featuring all the promotions. Hopefully we can build each of our feds up to a point where that would be feasible and realistic. That is the goal anyway...GALAXY would obviously dominate of course, lol.

Offline Antonio DAMAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2011, 07:33:14 AM »
I'm working on a list of venues as we speak - but you asked about the date we should start...  I think the 4/25-4/30 period will work.  I've already got shows pre-booked and set up.  Also, everybody should be able to run at the same time, unless it's all in one venue, which wouldn't happen.  You see an afternoon show and an evening show at some buildings, but not always (JWP and NEO did that sometimes).

Anyways, keep an eye out - I'll have the building list up shortly.

globalhonored

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 07:34:19 AM »
TUESDAY UPDATE

Please make your final transactions today as the open transaction window will be closing at midnight my time (13 hours away.) I may make certain exceptions after the deadline as we are just starting out, but please try to wrap it up by tomorrow.

Because now we need to figure out schedules for the first week of full time World of Joshi action. We can kick off during golden week or even a few days before. Do you guys want to run our first shows next week (4/25-30) or first week of May (5/1-5/7)

I want a week to promote the first shows and we definitely need to let everyone know any announcers and referees we plan to use, TV channels/shows we will broadcast on, etc. And venues, so we don't book the same dates.

The promotions are:
Galaxy --- globalhonored
New Frontier Wrestling (NFW) --- kudofanatic
Unified Joshi Wrestling Federation (UJWF) --- rocky2010
Women of Japan Pro-Wrestling (WJP) --- Blue Knee of Destiny
World Women's Wrestling Association (WWWA) --- Antonio DAMAN

globalhonored

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 07:39:06 AM »
I'm working on a list of venues as we speak - but you asked about the date we should start...  I think the 4/25-4/30 period will work.  I've already got shows pre-booked and set up.  Also, everybody should be able to run at the same time, unless it's all in one venue, which wouldn't happen.  You see an afternoon show and an evening show at some buildings, but not always (JWP and NEO did that sometimes).

Anyways, keep an eye out - I'll have the building list up shortly.

Venue list will be great, thanks.

I actually want to break it up to different days of the week. Because of venues yes. Also, because I want us to co-promote and share talent, allowing wrestlers from a promotion to compete twice a week, once for their home brand and as an outsider or on loan in another promotion, so conflicting dates would come in to play there.

More than that, I want World of Joshi to be accessible to everyone and having different days for a promotion's big show of the week would allow us all to stay tuned in...Can't miss Tuesday b/c I want to see what happens in WWWA and then Wednesday there is the big Galaxy show, UJWF runs a great main even on Thursday, NFW showcases the Shirai sisters on Friday and then wrap up a killer week with WJP. I think that would be ideal. Of course if a promoter wanted to run a house show during the week on offdays, that would be fine too but if we designate a certain day a week to a promotion, that would help showcase that promotion and really fill up the week b/c we'd be getting joshi action every day.

AD, once we all decide on which day of the week each promotion reserves, then feel free to use the open two days left for your house shows if you really wish to run more shows, cool? It's awesome that you seem to really have your promotion worked out but I am not sure everyone has their promotions pre-booked yet. Personally I was away most of last week, kudofanatic was sick and I just want to give everyone a chance to really set their promotions up for the long haul so we can make this as strong as possible and a project that will last for quite some time.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:44:34 AM by globalhonored »

Offline Antonio DAMAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 07:44:26 AM »
Well, I was going more for realism - in that case, we aren't placed to just one day a week - no promotion ever limits themselves to just running on a Tuesday.  FURY Pro Wrestling (puroresufury.blogspot.com) is a good example of what we should be trying to be like.  He was doing that with a few other guys that were just openly booking their own created guys in other promotions.

globalhonored

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 07:51:41 AM »
Well, I was going more for realism - in that case, we aren't placed to just one day a week - no promotion ever limits themselves to just running on a Tuesday.  FURY Pro Wrestling (puroresufury.blogspot.com) is a good example of what we should be trying to be like.  He was doing that with a few other guys that were just openly booking their own created guys in other promotions.

I understand and we want to keep a level of realism but I mostly want to make this accessible to all our promoters and our potential followers, to keep things uniform and easy to follow. Considering we'd have a full joshi show every day of the week, I think that is a solid schedule. We all have different amounts of time to put in to this, so to be fair to everyone involved, I think one day/one main show a week (as was originally mentioned as part of the rules and guidelines) is enough. I plan to promote the hell out of my first show, run interviews, press conferences, roleplays etc. And do that every week, as my time allows, and build up my events and rivalries, etc. We are all in this together in World of Joshi, a shared universe. Like I mentioned, if you wanted to use the open two dates to run additional shows (wish makes 3 a week then) that would be fine but I do want to have a day a week that is designated to showcase one of our promotions.

Perhaps as we build it up and get going in the coming months, really rolling with this project we'll find it better to espand to multiple weekly shows but for now, to start out I think it best we focus on one main show a week per promotion.

Besides, World of Joshi is it's own entity. I don't want to base it or copy anybody else's way. World of Joshi is here to make our own way, and hopefully be here for a very long time. I don't just want to post results every other day. I want to make those matches count and build them up, give them meaning. I want each promotion to have their own identity but still exist in a shared universe with the other promotions and their identity and style.  I want to build this up as a group and have the members of joshifans to look forward to checking out the shows, each week and pick out their fave promotions, stars, etc. If we are all running at relatively the same schedules, that gives us all a better chance to succeed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:57:19 AM by globalhonored »

globalhonored

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 08:10:08 AM »
I think rocky & AD are ready to roll this coming week. I could probably fit mine in by the end of next week.
If kudofanatic and Blue Knee wish to wait until the following week (first of May) kick off, that would be ok with me.
Rocky2010 has requested Mondays. How does this look for a schedule?:

Sun - NFW
Mon - UJWF
Tues - ?
Wed - ?
Thurs - ?
Fri & Sat - open (run house shows, mini-shows, etc on these days. Also will be reserved for special and inter-promotional Mega events)

-I would prefer Thurs or Wed or Tues- But will work with everyone else's schedule

AD, anyway you could make a list of TV shows that feature Joshi that we could base ours off of?
Also think of ring announcers, TV announcers and referees everyone. I suppose you can create original ones if that better suits you.

*Once we decide on days and finalize initial rosters, I will create the Official Threads tomorrow and we can start promoting our shows.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:16:43 AM by globalhonored »

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 09:31:20 AM »
Forgive my lack of experience with these matters but I'm trying to understand how the whole venue, announcers, referees & TV channel work, as this is the first time I've ever participated in a Joshi fantasy universe, don't have access to Japanese TV & am not aware of ALL the names, venues or channels. Are we supposed to create them from stratch or can we use names that we are familiar with?

Also, I don't really plan to give major summaries of my shows...time constraints...but will list my matches, the winners, time of match, finishing hold & a very brief outline of what happened. Hope that's ok.

I also would like to request Sundays as my show dates & that my shows start on the first week of May...which would be May 1 for me.

Offline rocky2010

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 09:40:16 AM »
I'm assuming that the individual promoters get to start their specific thread for their fed?

globalhonored

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 10:13:23 AM »
Rocky, I think that would be best so you can go in and edit first post as necessary. Let's figure out a uniform title header for the individual promotion threads to make them easily identifiable and understand they pertain to the World of Joshi universe.

Kudofanatic, your summaries should be fine. The amount of time and content you put in it is up to you, as long as we get a show a week from NFW, we're good. As far as announcers, venues, TV deals, etc- that all just adds detail and realism to this project. I don't want everyone to have the same announcers, etc. Feel free to create your own out of the ring personalities to fit those roles. We'll post sample list of current joshi tv shows and japan venues on this thread soon.

***kudofanatic has added SUNAHO as his ring announcer (the cute idol from SMASH)***
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:52:53 AM by globalhonored »