Author Topic: NFW - New Frontier Wrestling  (Read 2553 times)

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
NFW - New Frontier Wrestling
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:58:13 PM »
Not quite sure how this thread works but I'm posting this strictly for fun & just thinking about what kind of promotion I'd like to see. First off, the NFW would be, primarily, a joshi promotion but also include male wrestlers, a little comedy & hardcore matches. I would also have three big inter-promotional shows a year with SHIMMER, two in the USA & one in Japan at the end of the year or early Jan. I'd run 2-3 house shows a week & a big show on a monthly basis in Japan and try to use some of the bigger venues for the monthly show (i.e., Korakeun Hall). Here is my champions & roster list:

NFW Champion - Ayumi Kurihara
NFW Tag Team Champions - Io Shirai & Mio Shirai
NFW Hardcore Champion - Kyoko Kimura

Kana
Hiroyo Matsumoto
Misaki Ohata
Tomoka Nakagawa
Ayako Hamada
Nanae Takahashi
Apple Miyuki
Mayumi Ozaki
KAORU
Takako Inoue
Hiren
Syuri
Nagisa Nozaki
Lin Bairon/Ray
Natsuki*Taiyo
Hikaru Shida
Emi Sakura
Riho
Miyako Matsumoto
Tsukasa Fujimoto
Makoto
Kaori Yoneyama
Kayoko Haruyama
Cherry
Toshie Uematsu
Ran Yu-Yu
Meiko Satomura
Sakura Hirota
Hikari Minami
Bambi

Thoughts/Opinions??
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs153.snc4/36997_1499846226227_1536320446_31219549_1866481_n.jpg

MEGUMI KUDO - "Evil Princess" & "Extreme Queen"

KANA - "Joshi Queen of STIFFNESS"

MANAMI TOYOTA - "The Legend"

TRIPLE TAILS - "Joshi's version of the Triple Threat"

globalhonored

Re: NFW - New Frontier Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »
What would you think of a project where several members here (say 3 or 4, maybe even 5+ if it takes off) got together and decided on a large roster of current joshi and gaijin wrestlers to choose from and then held a "draft" between them, each member in charge of his/her own promotion, where they drafted (18 - 22, or whatever number decided upon) wrestlers that would be loyal and under contract with their promotion. The members would name their promotion, could give them a logo even if artistically motivated and homebase(s)/venues where their promotion holds regular shows, titles, etc. Heck, we could even decide what TV slot or show each promotion was given and hold one show a week per promotion. (1 show per week or every other week, decided upon later.)

Then the remaining "undrafted" wrestlers would go in to a free agent pool in which the members (also acting now as promotion owners and managers) could use them to fill up their shows (we could set a limit for #of free agents/independents per week, on a first request basis) and of course promotions could come to terms with other promoters to lend/borrow contracted talent, have inter-promotional battles and rivalries, etc. which brings in the politics of pro wrestling.  Even buy/sale/trade if it was in the promoters best interest.

If everything goes well after so many months then perhaps we could try to promote a big event show (Big Egg Universe Style) to showcase all the promotions.

Basically, we'd draft and run our own promotions in a shared fantasy joshi universe with other promoters. Each promotion would be counted on to post/hold one show per week (or every other week, whatever best fits everyone's schedule and interest) using their own contracted talent.  We would both compete against one another and support one another for the overall benefit of our joshi universe and maybe even other members could follow us as fantasy fans, getting behind certain promotions and fighters in support against rival promotions, just like in the real world. Match results, summaries, play by play..which ever format is preferred by the promoter would be posted and other members could add comments/criticism after the show...just like right here on joshifans.com. Even angles, promos and role plays could be posted to promote our shows.

It would be a project, that is for sure but if you are interested, I'd be willing to giving it a shot.

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »
Sounds like fun...I'd be interested. Just have to choose a time that would work for everybody *approve
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs153.snc4/36997_1499846226227_1536320446_31219549_1866481_n.jpg

MEGUMI KUDO - "Evil Princess" & "Extreme Queen"

KANA - "Joshi Queen of STIFFNESS"

MANAMI TOYOTA - "The Legend"

TRIPLE TAILS - "Joshi's version of the Triple Threat"

globalhonored

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »
Awesome. Sent you a PM. Blue Knee of Destiny may be down for this too.

Offline shupercousin

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
  • JFW Owner & Booker
    • View Profile
    • Hiroyo Matsumoto English Fansite!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:14 PM »
When inter-promoters compete, how are the results determined? Worked out by the promoters? Or...?

No.1 Hiroyo Matsumoto English Fansite: http://www.hiroyo-matsumoto.com

globalhonored

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 04:45:08 PM »
Yes, politics would come in to play there. Things would need to be agreed upon generally before a promotion lends talent to another.
Hopefully interpromotional matches and rivalries would get good buzz and obviously allows for the home promotions talent to be big time fan favorites/faces against the nasty outsider. It would help main events at least too.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:46:44 PM by globalhonored »