Author Topic: World Women's Wrestling Diana  (Read 78198 times)

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
Re: World Women's Wrestling Diana
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2011, 03:52:01 AM »
Cards for some of Diana's "Rising Episode 2" series.  That offer match on the 22nd looks like comedy from some indy I never heard of, so take those names with a grain of salt.  The latter two shows will have a "strength" exhibition by "Little Choshu" and a "bow" exhibiton by Ai Yamishiro.  The final show also has a live idol confrontation. The reggae concert was canceled.

DIANA May 22, 2011
Saku Creation Pavilion

1. Ayako Sato vs Sareee
2. Shinshu Pro Offer Match: Great Absurd & Crab*KING vs Hell Valley PONITA & Great Togura
3. Kaoru Ito & GAMI vs Cherry & Annie Social
4. Toshie Uematsu vs Rain
5. Kyoko Inoue & Keiko Aono vs Ayako Sato & Aya Yuki

DIANA May 28, 2011
Takamatsu Symbol Tower

1. Sareee vs Mariko Yoshida
2. Hiren & Bambi vs Ryo Mizunami & Kagetsu
3. Aya Yuki vs Annie Social
4. Kyoko Inoue & Ayako Sato vs Kaoru Ito & Keiko Aono

DIANA May 29, 2011
Kochi BY5 Square

1. Ayako Sato vs Sareee
2. Hiren & Bambi vs Kagetsu & Annie Social
3. Mariko Yoshida vs Ryo Mizunami
4. Kyoko Inoue & Aya Yuki vs Kaoru Ito & Keiko Aono
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline luckycleareyes

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50:38 AM »
Saku, Takamatsu & Kochi, Japan?

Talk about the middle-of-nowhere...

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2011, 10:48:24 PM »
the only good thing I see in this whole promotion is the fact that they've got Mariko working again
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »
 *umm

the only good thing I see in this whole promotion is the fact that they've got Mariko working again

Explanation? Kyoko? Ito? Yuki? Sato?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:22:34 PM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2011, 02:41:13 PM »
Results for the Kawasaki Gym show; under 500 is pretty terrible for such a big venue.  All of the matches except the Aja match and the main event had 10 minute time limits with 3 one minute rounds of overtime if needed.  Mizunami came within 4 seconds of holding Ito.  Big Momma jobbed herself to Rosie or whomever the mystery gaijin is. 

Diana made need to reconsider their choice of venues and who they book based on their disappointing attendances.  The only matches that intrigue me from this show is Meiko vs Sato and Yoshida vs Ohka, the latter mainly to see if Mariko still has it.

DIANA May 15, 2011
Kawasaki Gymnasium
486 Fans

1. Shooting Encounter-Kick vs Submission Hold: Keiko Aono vs Hiren (10:00 + 3R 1:00) went to a time limit draw.
2. Be Ready For It: Bambi defeated Moeka Haruhi (6:27) with a Standing Shining Wizard.
3. Who Are You? Let You Make a Trial: Toshie Uematsu defeated Annie Social (7:54) with a Dragon Suplex Hold.
4. Cool and Chic Master vs Ace of the Preset Generation: Mariko Yoshida vs Yumi Ohka (10:00 + 3R 1:00) went to a time limit draw.
5. Other Extreams: Aya Yuki defeated Rain (3:26) with a Death Valley Bomb.
6. Power of Dynamite: Kaoru Ito defeated Ryo Mizunami (10:00 + 3R 0:56) with a Diving Foot Stamp.
7. Fight Back Monster Battle Now!: Aja Kong defeated Sareee (10:45) with a Vertical Fall Brainbuster.
8. Lock On To The Ace: Meiko Satomura defeated Ayako Sato (10:00 + 1R 0:49) with a Death Valley Bomb.
9. Go Over the Peak: Andrea Mother (?) defeated Kyoko Inoue (13:03) with the Mother Nature.
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
Under 500 in attendence? That's just embarrassing. That's one of the reasons why most Joshi promotions don't do shows at big venues, cause they won't even get it half full most of the time.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »
Results for the Kawasaki Gym show; under 500 is pretty terrible for such a big venue. 

But pretty good, even if inflated, for a brand new joshi promotion that doesn't exactly have the flash of Stardom and is doomed to fail by all who know about it. Don't know why they choose a big venue other than someone might have worked out some kind of deal. Or massive, massive delusions about the drawing power of joshi that does not follow the WAVE or Stardom formulas.

1. Shooting Encounter-Kick vs Submission Hold: Keiko Aono vs Hiren (10:00 + 3R 1:00) went to a time limit draw.

This intrigues me. I'm also interested in how Social looked in there with Toshie, how Yuki squashed Rain and Miz vs Ito only because it's young immovable object vs immovable object of old.

I'm also interested in Sareee in general.

And Lock On to the Ace.

They may need to change their venues but for a new joshi promotion doomed by all [/Invader Zim] they're not doing horrifically bad. But if  you type an opinion long enough it eventually becomes true because others will take it as fact.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2011, 09:54:47 PM »
They should really open their eyes that it's not about having HAWT CHIKZ, but about new blood and people who can draw today, not people who drew 15 years ago. They got hot chicks with Saree, Rain, Oka, Bambi, Haruhi, Hiren, and Annie yet still did poor attendance. 

I am interested to know why Rain gets booked for one show to be squashed, and Social gets booked for all three shows and gets a decent go with Toshie?

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »
I never thought HAWT girls was DIANA's formula like it is WAVE's; it's just that everybody who's popular now looks like that- to be popular you have to have that flashy "hawt" look or else no one will care. They're just randomly bringing over random foreigners. One giant, two "bad girls" and one misc. I'd imagine with all the talk (curiosity) of "Divas" in joshi they wanted to experiment.

They only people of 15 years ago are Inoue, Ito, Aja, Toshie and Meiko. Meiko and Toshie are still considered valid because the joshi community has not turned on them for things they didn't do. Inoue and Ito are in Tenryu and Choshyu positions. I hardly think they're supposed to be the main attractions (giant foreigner vs Inoue may fall into that category but that seems more like another special attraction foreigner). Plus, it's Japan; seniority matters. The way this is booked is an ensemble based on Sato and Yuki as aces. They also have younger wrestlers (Hiren, Ohka being called an Ace) who are the bulk of the show.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:05:04 PM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »
You also gotta look at the main event. Who's going to go to a show main evented by Kyoko Inoue in 2011 vs Rosie Lottalove?

I think it was too much too soon in any case. Aya Yuki and Ayako Sato were never more than midcard jobbers, so building a promotion around them isn't good if you're going to try to do well at Kawasaki so soon. Now give them a year, maybe book them in high profile matches in other promotions as well, and you'd have a chance. I really think they should have Mizunami and Aya Yuki start tagging again. Maybe try having them as some sort of Crush Gals type team. Have them go to Ice Ribbon and Wave as well as a tag team.

Also, wow at Mizunami taking a diving footstomp from Ito in 2011.  *lukie Even Haruyama said HELL NO to that.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2011, 10:18:19 PM »
I don't think Japansese fans hate Kyoko as much as everyone here. And if they do, they aren't going to see Diana, anyway. They still got 400 people to show up. Part of that is because the undercard is actually GOOD and YOUNG. The Kyoko match could have been moved but it's her house; that's like asking the girls who do vanity events with their friends to not go on last.

I don't know why you guys are so ready to bring the gavel down on Yuki and Sato ( "midcarder" is not a bad thing; they're new generation young aces, not in line to become world champions). They never had people like Tajiri or Emi behind them making sure they got treated right. Now they have two people batting for them and trying to nurture them. Exposure and proper promotion is 9/10ths of the law (perception) in wrestling and perceptions can actually be changed but no one wants to accept them; interesting. Talk about a "pre-set" mentality.

They're both fairly old fashioned so I hope they shake the haters off and don't end up retiring because people view them as worthless because they don't have the flash and hawtness of more popular midcarders.

You say all of that about "too much too soon" but EVERYTHING that has been popular in joshi in the last 2-3 years has been all about pushing (and protecting) GREEN rookies in the hopes that they get over.

I really think they should have Mizunami and Aya Yuki start tagging again.

I agree. I wonder why they're not doing that, now. I thought that was a really good idea because they looked great together in that old school way. But got hated on when they won.

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2011, 10:41:55 PM »
They didn't get hated on, Tamura did.

And Ice Ribbon and Wave haven't been trying to book Kawasaki Gymnasium with new talent and a new promotion. When Wave was finally ready for Korakuen they still did a megabooked main event to make sure it sold well. Only Reina/STarDom/Diana have tried going big or going home so soon.

I think most of the Diana hate comes from people being tired of a million zombie feds splitting Joshi's audience. So when you have a non-flashy promotion built around Diana's stable, no one really cares to see it succeed.

And yes it's not bad to be midcarder, but you don't bank on a midcarder and hope to sell out Kawasaki. You have to nurture them for more than 2 months before trying anything crazy.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
They built a pretty good card around Yuki and Sato who they didn't put in positions to be the draws. Both of the matches they had were actually baby steps to establishing them.

DIANA actually has a clear mission (protecting and eventually elevating old school aces), I wouldn't consider it a zombie fed. WAVE was called a zombie fed right out of the gate and they've actually done pretty well even with not even having a clear cut mission.
Besides, the people who complained about zombie feds 4-5 years ago when that term was popular don't post here anymore. In addition to that, most promotions feature the same wrestlers in the same ways over and over again with no real aims so they're all sort of zombies. At least this one has a "no freelancer" rule.

How is that "splitting the audience" when it's the same thing everyone else is doing? It's just that Yuki and Sato aren't being squashed in the opening matches this time.
If there is any "splitting" happening it's got more to do with the aces not being typical pretty girls; which is fine with me because joshi doesn't need to turn into Divas and I believe there are still a few people out there who aren't the alleged "new demographic" that won't scoff just judging from Miz and Kagetsu being over.

The only real, constantly emerging criticism is negativity about Ito and Inoue and negativity about Yuki and Sato; the latter two have done nothing to deserve constant slagging over the way they've been handled because the changing times are completely out of their control.

And I'm not even sure what a "midcarder" would be in joshi nowadays. Almost everyone?

I think there is a lot of confusion over the term "midcarder" it's not interchangeable with "jobber".
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:09:47 PM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2011, 06:37:37 AM »
Joshi feds need to be more unified. More and more promotions doesn't help that. If this promotion elevates those two, then I'm happy for it. I do think the two are boring besides when Yuki teams with Mizunami, but if the promotion itself is wanting to elevate them then I'm happy for it. I'm simply stating why I believe people aren't pulling for the promotion to succeed and why I believe it's not succeeding just yet.

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »

Photo of the Kawasaki show.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2011, 10:14:12 PM »
Joshi feds need to be more unified.

Tell that to some of your favorite wrestlers. DIANA is more cooperative than anything else that has happened. They're just trying to make two girls who have the tools but not the support into names. God bless them for trying.

More and more promotions doesn't help that. If this promotion elevates those two, then I'm happy for it. I do think the two are boring besides when Yuki teams with Mizunami, but if the promotion itself is wanting to elevate them then I'm happy for it. I'm simply stating why I believe people aren't pulling for the promotion to succeed and why I believe it's not succeeding just yet.

Hasn't even been around for a year.

People claim they're all for new faces but they're really just for the same old, same old.

All of what you said can be applied to every dime store wannabe that puts together a vanity produce show to protect themselves. <== A practice that adds less than nothing to joshi as a whole. This is trying to establish two wrestlers on the old system of being out for the genre as a whole and not just for themselves. Why hate this and not the random vanity shows that do nothing for joshi except make it look like a bunch of carny women out for themselves (their 15 minutes of fame) and not for womens' pro wrestling as a whole? At least this is trying to help joshi and not make a buck off the novelty of women engaged in wrestling. I don't get how no one sees how embarrassing some of the  vanity stuff is (that doesn't even have the validity of having a dyed in the wool pro wrestler like Ohmukai being a primadonna on top) but want this to die so badly.  *umm  *umm

To put it in simpler terms, DIANA is doing the same thing KANA Pro did when she went up against Satomura. It's establishing people, protecting them so their careers get some direction. Yet it gets nothing but hated on? *give

It's okay to be nothing but negativity as long as you're negative towards wrestlers already deemed "boring".

ONE more promotion trying to bring new faces into the picture and a slightly different type of wrestling WILL help. THIS kind of different promotion helps. Another zombie vanity event only helps those on that payroll. The negativity would have been better placed THERE.

This is what happens with dogmatism gets passed around without people really understanding what they're saying.  *give
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:32:46 PM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »
Diana's not cooperative in making less promotions. Not using freelancers further distances themselves and just makes room for more vanity promotions. I want less promotions, which is why another vanity promotion that isn't doing much to change Joshi at all is just annoying.

A lot of the hate did come from preconceived notions. But they haven't really done anything that new or different to stand out. They aren't trying anything new which is why no one wants to care about this. It's NEO but without Tamur as the ace or the Machine Guns to lighten things up.

If you can explain how Sato and Aya aren't boring I'd love to hear it.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2011, 04:05:38 PM »
Results from the DIANA homepage and purolove.com.  Sorry, but another really poor attendance figure.

DIANA May 22, 2011
Saku Creation Pavilion
52 Fans

1. Ayako Sato defeated Sareee (8:57) with a Missile Kick.
2. Shinshu Pro Offer Match: Great Mucha & Crab K*ING defeated Jigokudani PONITA & Little Togura (0:06) when Mucha used a Shoulder Tackle on PONITA.
2a. Restart: Great Mucha & Crab K*ING defeated Jigokudani PONITA & Little Togura (14:14) when Mucha used a Diving Elbow Drop on PONITA.
3. Kaoru Ito & GAMI defeated Cherry & Annie Social (15:27) when Ito used a Double Footstomp on Cherry.
4. Toshie Uematsu defeated Rain (7:52) with a Solarina.
5. 2/3 Falls Match: Kyoko Inoue & Keiko Aono defeated Ayako Sato & Aya Yuki (26:44).
Yuki defeated Aono with a Death Valley Bomb (16:49). Aono defeated Yuki with a Shining Wizard (1:27). Inoue defeated Sato with a Niagara Driver (8:28).
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

wprobeginner

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2011, 10:37:13 PM »
I hear there were nearly 500 seats in the avenue.
Nagisa is from south Saku, so apparently they expected mainly her help to draw audience.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2011, 04:18:05 AM »
Card for Diana's next dojo show.  There weill also be a press conference, where 3 new members (presumably trainees) will be introduced and discussion about a trip to the US by Kyoko Inoue.

DIANA June 5, 2011
Komazawa World Arena

1. Annie Social  vs A
2. B vs C
3. Kyoko Inoue, Aya Yuki, & Sareee vs Kaoru Ito, Keiko Aono, & Ayako Sato
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline shupercousin

• Administrator
  • Sun? What's that?
  • JFW Owner & Booker
    • View Profile
    • Hiroyo Matsumoto English Fansite!
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
Someone said big mama Kyoko Inoue is coming to CZW! I don't have time to dig up details but yea...

BIG NEWS!  *gah

No.1 Hiroyo Matsumoto English Fansite: http://www.hiroyo-matsumoto.com

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »
Someone said big mama Kyoko Inoue is coming to CZW! I don't have time to dig up details but yea...

BIG NEWS!  *gah

*saywhat

SWIFT made this.

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »
Kyoko is wayyyy too good for CZW. I hope this is just a rumor.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2011, 09:31:49 AM »
Diana did a bit better, I will admit, with attendance figures for their two weekend shows on Shikoku Island.  I will give Diana credit for running more shows away from the typical Tokyo-Osaka region than other promotions.

DIANA May 28, 2011
Takamatsu Symbol Tower
254 Fans

1. Mariko Yoshida defeated Sareee (9:54) with a Face Buster.
2. Ryo Mizunami & Kagetsu defeated Bambi & Hiren (13:02) when Mizunami used a Diving Guillotine Drop on Hiren.
3. Aya Yuki defeated Annie Social (6:07) with a Death Valley Bomb.
4. Kaour Ito & Keiko Aono defeated Kyoko Inoue & Ayako Sato (28:56) by 2 falls to 1.  Aono used the Modified Shubain on Sato (12:32).  Inoue used the Niagara Driver on Aono (23:00).  Ito used the Diving Footstomp on Sato (28:56).

DIANA May 29, 2011
Kochi BAY5 SQUARE
304 Fans

1. Ayako Sato defeated Sareee (11:18) with a Missile Kick.
2. Kagetsu & Annie Social defeated Bambi & Hiren (12:21) when Kagetsu used the Blockbuster on Hiren.
3. Mariko Yoshida defeated Ryo Mizunami (14:04).
4. Kyoko Inoue & Aya Yuki defeated Kaoru Ito & Keiko Aono (27:01) by 2 falls to 1.  Inoue used a Powerbomb on Aono (12:43).  Ito used a Diving Footstomp on Yuki (24:50).  Inoue pinned Ito (27:01).
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline 22nijuni

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »
Kyoko is wayyyy too good for CZW. I hope this is just a rumor.
Really? CZW doesn't just put on craptastic hardcore-fests. They actually have decent wrestling.
Favorite Wrestlers
1. Act Yasukawa
2. Kairi Hojo
3. Io Shirai