Author Topic: World Women's Wrestling Diana  (Read 79799 times)

Offline Makabe Sword Justice

• Sun? What's that?
  • (Sympathetic) Heel & Proud Of It
    • View Profile
    • Puroresu Representin'-Puroresu Info, News, Results & Videos
World Women's Wrestling Diana
« on: January 28, 2011, 06:36:30 AM »
Diana is a new promotion being launched by NEO founder Kyoko Inoue, which will feature talent from Japan, Mexico and Cambodia. The first event will be March 28 at Differ Ariake. The current main roster is Inoue, Aya Yuki, Nagisa Nozaki, Keito, Kaoru Ito & Aya Yuki. They apparently will be open to anyone who wants to tryout regardless of age, experience, background, etc.

Well, like Stardom before it hopefully it will be an initial success and another avenue for developing young talent, they certainly have a decent core in place between veterans and some upcoming talent-hopefully Yuki can continue moving up the ranks here like she was just before NEO closed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:44:10 AM by Makabe Sword Justice »

Praying for Japan and all affected by the 3/11/11 earthquake and tsunami.
Puroresu Representin':Japanese Wrestling Info, News, Results & Videos:
http://representingpuroresu.wordpress.com

Offline rzombie1988

• View Profile
Re: World Women's Wrestling Diana
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 07:36:14 AM »
I don't have any hope for this promotion, as opposed to Stardom who I could see being successful. You have Ito and Kyoko in the same promotion and take a wild guess who won't be jobbing anytime soon ;) If I had to pick two girls that I thought could open and close a promotion within the shortest amount of time, Kyoko and Ito would be it.

I am looking forward to new rookies but I don't want to see Aya pushed. The girl just doesnt have it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:45:41 AM by rzombie1988 »
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/

My new wrestling blog

Currently featuring:
The First Three LLPW Shows
AJW Big Egg Wrestling Universe
GAEA Champ Forum #3 with Meiko and Sonoko
OZ Academy 263
Jd' TV From 99/2000

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:14:22 AM »
I also don't have much hope for this one. Ito and Inoue don't know how to push themselves and I think Inoue is a shitty trainer and is a big reason why NEO's rookies have never been that good. I'm disappointed Yuki and Nagisa joined because I think both could have improved if they went somewhere like Ice Ribbon.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline Antonio DAMAN

• Administrator
  • The Resident wrestler of JoshiFans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 05:06:51 PM »
I also don't have much hope for this one. Ito and Inoue don't know how to push themselves and I think Inoue is a shitty trainer and is a big reason why NEO's rookies have never been that good. I'm disappointed Yuki and Nagisa joined because I think both could have improved if they went somewhere like Ice Ribbon.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Ice Ribbon works with Diana, considering Emi and Kyoko's past.  I think they are starting a bit big too fast, however, especially with a show at Kawasaki City Gym, which NEO never could really draw at.  Hopefully there is serious wrestling and not too much comedy.  I hope.  *freeze

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 08:46:22 PM »
That is a really underwhelming roster.

Kyoko just isn't fun to watch anymore, nothing needs to be said about Ito (why hasn't she retired yet?), haven't seen much of Keito but I've heard she's not that great, Aya is boring, Nozaki should've went to SMASH. Looks like I won't really be interested in this one.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 03:34:32 PM »
Unless Kyoko can inject them with some of her early 90s greatness it'll be a failure. They don't have the mainstream cuteness factor that STARDOM does especially since most of the girls are bigger and therefore less marketable and from a wrestling perspective they're all very rough which is a shame because Kyoko used to be one of the best around. I hope she could guide the young ones into becoming something and working that big match style Kyoko was so good at.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Kyoko couldn't do it in NEO, so I don't see why this is any different.

I just fear for Nozaki. Kaoru Ito is gonna injure that girl I just know it.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »
Kyoko couldn't do it in NEO, so I don't see why this is any different.

NEO's problem was cumulative? Different people being removed from the equation may help things, not that I see it succeeding but some people produce better when they have complete control alone.

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »
Isn't that what she had in NEO?

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 08:42:23 PM »
Isn't that what she had in NEO?

Some of the other wrestlers were vets and may not always have wanted to do things her way. I can see Ito being more agreeable to whatever it is Inoue wants to do vs. someone like Tamura even if it doesn't benefit her.

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
Tamura put over Haruka and Ayumi. Ito's dojo had relations with LLPW...I can't see her letting Kyoko do what she wants.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 11:15:43 PM »
Tamura put over Haruka and Ayumi.  Ito's dojo had relations with LLPW...I can't see her letting Kyoko do what she wants.

That's exactly my point. From the way Kyoko is regarded it seems like she'd be against that sort of thing (which were maybe more about pushing girls who can attract more fans with their sex appeal/non-shemaleness, especially in the case of Matsuo); the quintessential old granny who only puts herself over. She's also fat.

LLPW is the biggest old ladies' home outside of Oz, that goes perfectly with Kyoko's alleged new blood building problems. With a likeminded individual, no dissenters and a bunch of young'uns who don't yet have their own self interests to protect the outcome could be different. It won't but.. .just sayin'. NEO (and joshi in general) seemed like it had TNA's problem; too many people with their hand in the book.

I'd also like to add; of course the roster is underwhelming, the point is to build something from the ground up using "stem cells", even if such an idea is doomed to fail without sex appeal and the Ole Anderson (or is that Ozaki?) of joshi running it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:18:38 PM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 12:08:18 AM »
Nozaki's easily sexy enough to fill all the sex-appeal void.

Kyoko and Ito wanting to book themselves over everyone else will basically mean the company will be Ito Dojo 2.0...nobody but a handful of people at their 7 shows a year will ever see it. Hopefully Sato, Aya, and Nozaki get out before Ito injures Nozaki and ruins what little credibility all three have left.

Offline FLIK

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 02:48:32 AM »
Kyoko Inoue as someone who won't job/wants to hog the spotlight is a really weird talking point.

People like to ignore the fact that Genki, Tamura, Gunz, etc.. weren't stars when NEO started. They were all nobodies in the business who'd been around about 3 years tops when Kyoko started up. Whatever star power & fame they gained ALL came through NEO and Kyoko jobed about 8 million times to all of them and others to help get them that far. Kyoko never pushed herself with the singles belt that hard, in the first 7 or 8 years of the company she only held it about 5 months total. She had 1 last reign in 08 that went a little longer but she still droped them in her 1st defense. By 05 or 06 so she'd largely steped out of the spotlight all together, atleast as far as the top spot went with Tamura & Genki clearly established as the aces of the company by then. Not that she didn't still get her fair share of wins, keep herself relevant and make sure she was protected but she'd have been stupid not to since despite what some people think she did still have a lot of value left to the company when put in a top position especially considering their thin roster.

Now it's true NEO/Kyoko had many issues creating new stars in the latter days of the company but for all their problems it damn sure wasn't because of selfishness & unwillingness to try.

Ito on the other hand.... complete ego maniac, fuck her.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:50:34 AM by FLIK »

Offline Makabe Sword Justice

• Sun? What's that?
  • (Sympathetic) Heel & Proud Of It
    • View Profile
    • Puroresu Representin'-Puroresu Info, News, Results & Videos
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 07:29:56 AM »
Nice to know I'm apparently the only one who wants this (and Stardom for that matter) to succeed. I'll just go sit in the corner and be the eternal optimist. Besides, you can't exactly be starting out a new promotion with a bunch of no-names, right? Gotta have some name recognition and drawing power, after all.

Praying for Japan and all affected by the 3/11/11 earthquake and tsunami.
Puroresu Representin':Japanese Wrestling Info, News, Results & Videos:
http://representingpuroresu.wordpress.com

Offline rzombie1988

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 04:24:26 PM »
Nice to know I'm apparently the only one who wants this (and Stardom for that matter) to succeed. I'll just go sit in the corner and be the eternal optimist. Besides, you can't exactly be starting out a new promotion with a bunch of no-names, right? Gotta have some name recognition and drawing power, after all.
I'd love for Diana to succeed, but it just doesn't seem likely. If a new promotion had a bunch of no-name idols I bet they would succeed.
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/

My new wrestling blog

Currently featuring:
The First Three LLPW Shows
AJW Big Egg Wrestling Universe
GAEA Champ Forum #3 with Meiko and Sonoko
OZ Academy 263
Jd' TV From 99/2000

wprobeginner

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 04:39:42 PM »
I wonder if they are sure of drawing large audience enough to pay for Differ Ariake or other local venues.
I hear Kyoko obtained a large amount of loan to prepare for this, too.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 04:41:29 PM »
Kyoko Inoue as someone who won't job/wants to hog the spotlight is a really weird talking point.

I don't feel she is someone who won't job or that she is the "old granny" everyone here feels she is. I'm just entertaining their notions that Kyoko is Mil Mascaras and making the case that this might go differently than NEO because of the combination of wrestlers. I'm just going along with the Anti-old lady sentiment because I'm outnumbered.

People like to ignore the fact that Genki, Tamura, Gunz, etc.. weren't stars when NEO started. They were all nobodies in the business who'd been around about 3 years tops when Kyoko started up. Whatever star power & fame they gained ALL came through NEO and Kyoko jobed about 8 million times to all of them and others to help get them that far. Kyoko never pushed herself with the singles belt that hard, in the first 7 or 8 years of the company she only held it about 5 months total. She had 1 last reign in 08 that went a little longer but she still droped them in her 1st defense. By 05 or 06 so she'd largely steped out of the spotlight all together, atleast as far as the top spot went with Tamura & Genki clearly established as the aces of the company by then. Not that she didn't still get her fair share of wins, keep herself relevant and make sure she was protected but she'd have been stupid not to since despite what some people think she did still have a lot of value left to the company when put in a top position especially considering their thin roster.

Now it's true NEO/Kyoko had many issues creating new stars in the latter days of the company but for all their problems it damn sure wasn't because of selfishness & unwillingness to try.

Ito on the other hand.... complete ego maniac, fuck her.

I totally agree that NEO made Tamura and Genki. Tamura= NEO, fo sho.

When I watch Kyoko matches I don't see her being an obstinate Mil Mascaras stanking up the joint, I see Mama Inoue. Don't lump me in with the old lady haters. I do wonder if the gender was different if people would still feel the same way about these old ladies. Kyoko is still a legend of joshi even if she is fat (doesn't she have a hormonal/reproductive health issue that causes excessive weight and water retention?) and "stinks up" the matches. I'm not someone who speaks with such venom against these "spotlight hogs" that apparently don't make any new stars despite a neglected rookie of AJW becoming a name in one of their companies.

You said it yourself in the boing boing thread, sex sells. What chance does a roster of mostly butches with one nice looking girl and an old lady have compared to the tittie extravaganza that is STARDOM? In the current landscape something without a lot of skin has no chance to draw enough new fans in to make any kind of a profit.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:43:17 PM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
Gender has nothing to do with it. I think Takayama and co should retire.

It's not so much about titties..it's just..that roster has ONE legit draw and that's inoue.

January 6, Tokyo: Final Show:
5. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Yoshiko Tamura
6. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Tanny Mouse 
7. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Yuka Nakamura
8. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Saya Endo
9. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Genki Misae

If I'm not mistaken, Kyoko won every one of those matches.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Gender has nothing to do with it. I think Takayama and co should retire.

It's not so much about titties..it's just..that roster has ONE legit draw and that's inoue.

January 6, Tokyo: Final Show:
5. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Yoshiko Tamura
6. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Tanny Mouse  
7. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Yuka Nakamura
8. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Saya Endo
9. Kyoko Inoue -vs- Genki Misae

If I'm not mistaken, Kyoko won every one of those matches.

I'm not sure how much that matters (it's the final show and um.. .should she loose to Tanny Mouse and Nakamura to please you?); when it came to creating people she lost. She lost when it was important for her to llose. Would Kyoko loosing all the time make business better? If she looses all the time she looses her heat and credibility meaning whoever gets the duke over her gains much less from it. That's how she was making people, that's the whole mechanism.

And I wouldn't dwell on how the permanent roster only has Inoue because everyone in joshi is a floating and guest appearances will happen as will cooperation with other promotions.

But yeah grrrr hate old fat granny, she should loose all the time despite being one of the last living legends with the power to do anything, make anyone, start a company, get large sums of money etc., Joshi should just get rid of anyone with any kind of pull and let the younguns do it on their own. ..that's realistic.

And I'm so not sure gender has nothing to do with. Old grannies get dogged the fuck out for doing  what they feel is best, in all my time prowling boards I've never seen more negativity, oddly pronounced venom abou age and weight than I have in joshi fandom. This is even compared to SSS and DVDR. Especially when you think about how shitty some of the men got later on but they were still talked about like gods. With joshi, it's everyone hates grannies no matter what. No one was this negative about the Tenryu Project and no matter how fat, old and immobile Tenryu or Chosyu get everyone loves them. Someone could be a bloated alcohol filled slug and there would not be as much negativity around them as surrounds joshi.

The constant negativity and venom towards anyone who isn't a hot topic or trend is sickening around here.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:27:30 PM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »
And I'm so not sure gender has nothing to do with. Old grannies get dogged the fuck out for doing  what they feel is best, in all my time prowling boards I've never seen more negativity, oddly pronounced venom abou age and weight than I have in joshi fandom. This is even compared to SSS and DVDR. Especially when you think about how shitty some of the men got later on but they were still talked about like gods. With joshi, it's everyone hates grannies no matter what.
I thought Misawa should have lost Morishima in 06 and never should have won the GHC title again. Kobashi not losing to Akiyama in 04 is one of the biggest mistakes NOAH ever made. Mutoh fucked over Kea and Kojima both in booking and in terms of victories over him. If he doesn't lose to Suwama this year in a title match I will be pissed off. The three I just mentioned were all broken down by 06 and should have been either gearing up for retirements or working lower spots on the cards. I could go on, even naming some in the US, but I don't feel like ranting. There is no older wrestler right now running around I would treat as a god. I might still think they are good, but not necessarily feel they are worth pushing above younger wrestlers.

I actually generally still enjoy Inoue, I just don't trust her much as a trainer since I think NEO's rookies have either sucked or disappeared, and Ito next to her as a booker doesn't instill me with any hope. Right now the promotion seems comprised of old vets who either need to retire or not be main eventing, rookies, and young girls who haven't been able to break through due to their level talent as opposed to shitty booking. Its not that I wish Diana to fail so much as there just isn't anyone I basically can get behind currently in the promotion.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:36:25 PM by Eivion »
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »
And I'm so not sure gender has nothing to do with. Old grannies get dogged the fuck out for doing  what they feel is best, in all my time prowling boards I've never seen more negativity, oddly pronounced venom abou age and weight than I have in joshi fandom. This is even compared to SSS and DVDR. Especially when you think about how shitty some of the men got later on but they were still talked about like gods. With joshi, it's everyone hates grannies no matter what.
I thought Misawa should have lost Morishima in 06 and never should have won the GHC title again. Kobashi not losing to Akiyama in 04 is one of the biggest mistakes NOAH ever made. Mutoh fucked over Kea and Kojima both in booking and in terms of victories over him. If he doesn't lose to Suwama this year in a title match I will be pissed off. The three I just mentioned were all broken down by 06 and should have been either gearing up for retirements or working lower spots on the cards. I could go on, even naming some in the US, but I don't feel like ranting. There is no older wrestler right now running around I would treat as a god. I might still think they are good, but not necessarily feel they are worth pushing above younger wrestlers.

I actually generally still enjoy Inoue, I just don't trust her much as a trainer since I think NEO's rookies have either sucked or disappeared, and Ito next to her as a booker doesn't instill me with any hope. Right now the promotion seems comprised of old vets who either need to retire or not be main eventing, rookies, and young girls who haven't been able to break through due to their level talent as opposed to shitty booking. Its not that I wish Diana to fail so much as there just isn't anyone I basically can get behind currently in the promotion.

It hasn't started yet.

I totally understand feeling older wrestlers shouldn't be placed above younger wrestlers and shouldn't be around dragging things down but I believe all of them except for Ric Flair have good intentions towards the business. And then I'd say that even if they aren't what they used to be physically at least they can still make a match entertaining.

I don't know how much blame Inoue can take for mediocre students; you can teach them moves but you can't give them the proper mindset or even charisma. One of the reasons the glory days were great was because they had so many girls trying out to the point where they could discard good wrestlers and only keep the excellent and stellar. And because of the large numbers of girls the cream rose to the top very quickly and blotted out all mediocre wrestlers. Now puro doesn't have that luxury and the blips are much more obvious and notable because that's all they've got to push.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Antonio DAMAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 02:07:13 PM »
Elvion, Ito is trainer, Kyoko is running the book.  I'm gonna be like Makabe there and be optimistic about this company.  Yeah, they've got 9 workers (and two are trainees), but there really isn't any draws there outside of Inoue.  I really wonder what their attendances are going to be for these first 5 shows. 

IIRC, M's Style opened in Differ, and didn't even come close to selling out, even with Yoshida, Omukai, Momoe and AKINO.  I hold a little bit of hope, but not much, for Diana. :|

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »
Elvion, Ito is trainer, Kyoko is running the book.
So your saying they are not sharing the duties and both are taking control of just one or the other?
Only English K-Dojo site

Offline Antonio DAMAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »
Elvion, Ito is trainer, Kyoko is running the book.
So your saying they are not sharing the duties and both are taking control of just one or the other?

Correct.  Ito's had a dojo open in Tokyo for some time called "World's Arena", which is where the two trainees are supposedly being trained.