Author Topic: AJW's "Legend of Goddess" Series...  (Read 2812 times)

MJH

AJW's "Legend of Goddess" Series...
« on: August 15, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »
So Alfredo's got 8 (the full set? I don't know...) of AJW's old "Legend of Goddess" tapes... Takako, Kyoko, Aja, Bull, Hokuto, Hotta, Toyota & Yamada. I've got a loose understanding of the tapes from descriptions, there's some out-of-ring features on the girls, a few matches (from spot shows?) where some are shown just from the one wrestler's perspective... no dates are given on the matches (though I'd assume the yy/mm/dd is listed at the start of matches on the tape itself?) and, truth be told, I'm completist enough to buy them anyway I'm only looking at $40 for the 8 which'd be only £30 or so inc. shipping. But has anyone seen these, thoughts on them, etc...?

Offline FLIK

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: AJW's "Legend of Goddess" Series...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 02:40:43 PM »
The match listings, match times & star ratings up on Alfredo's site are all from Quebrada

You can check thear for a little more detailed description of each tape (search for the word Densetsu to make them easier to find)

http://quebrada.net/videos/AJW2.html

MJH

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »
Lorefice and his nihongo, eh...

Offline LeeRoggy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »
Lorefice and his nihongo, eh...

I don't understand this comment.  I've found Lorefice's reviews a terrific resource for learning about historical Joshi matches.

MJH

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »
I have no problem with Mike at all and, agree, have often found his site very very helpful. I was merely joking about his reptutation for using japanese names for moves etc... shiki no rakku et al (and apologies if thats a miss-spell).

joshi44ever

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 11:41:48 PM »
l just got Yoshida yamada, bull nakano, takako inoue, manami toyota on dvd from j lynch last friday.they mostly show some matches, interview the girls after the show, go to there apartments and look around a city. the manami dvd has here on holiday in hong kong and visiting her family and old school. yamada runs on the beach in a track suit show you her apartment and here favourite eatery . takako has a wedding dress on, bull walks around town shows you her apatment and wears a black leather jacket with the word f**k written on the back. l also has dangerous queen with akira hokuto but l don't think this is with the series because it goes for 165 minutes. also have a doco on jaguar yokota from .t.v.its with her and her husband talking about there baby its birth (which was filmed)and how hard her early life was, her depression after retiring such as when at her lowest point slashed her wrist. her championship ,ajw life and how now she is happy with her life.

!CUTY°

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:34:14 PM »
^^^
OMG (Jaguar).

Offline 孤星

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »

SWIFT made this.

Offline 22nijuni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
The Hokuto tape you're referring to wasn't part of the Goddess series, though she did have a tape in the series. The Legend of Goddess series weren't official AJW releases, they were thru one of the video companies, i want to say Pony Canon but i could be way off the mark not looking at them right now. The Dangerous Queen tape was an actually AJW release.
Favorite Wrestlers
1. Act Yasukawa
2. Kairi Hojo
3. Io Shirai