Author Topic: Daylight Savings time is over? -- not yet, but you might want to read this  (Read 2157 times)

Offline His Majesty King Maxpower I

• Administrator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
    • No Brand Wrestling - Efed
In case some of you have noticed, your clocks jumped back an hour this morning. Reason being, last year Daylight Saving Time ended on the last weekend of October. The computer believes that is still the method. However it actually does not end till next week I believe.

Anyway just wanted to let everyone know, before they end up late or early for their appointments.

Knuckleduster

Ha it actually happened to me sometime last week. I just attributed it to my pc being an old piece of crap *whee

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
Microsoft has a Windows patch that was released last year to correct this problem. I have no idea where it is on their website... but it corrected the clock, Outlook and probably some other Microsoft stuff too.

• Administrator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Microsoft has a Windows patch that was released last year to correct this problem. I have no idea where it is on their website... but it corrected the clock, Outlook and probably some other Microsoft stuff too.
Automatic updates would take care of this. But some people won't have that turned on and might not even be running XP's latest Service pack lol.

Offline Hooligan69

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
I was wondering why the clock on my computer was an hour behind the other day. Now I know.

Offline General HENkada

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
Automatic updates would take care of this. But some people won't have that turned on and might not even be running XP's latest Service pack lol.
Good points. I think I was only thinking about something we had to run at work for the Exchange Server.

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
What's really funny is that the clock on the Continuum game server that runs Extreme-games is a half an hour off instead of the full hour.  I think one of the smods needs to replace the battery in his watch or something *haha
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline Mizztrezz

• I Live Here
  • YouTube 女子プロレス LEGEND!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Daylight Savings time is over? -- not yet, but you might want to read this
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 11:29:56 PM »
I just wish they kept it the old way, it was a pain having to set my VCR to the proper time.  It does have a Daylight savings function, but of course, it's not the new one.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DoubleMiz
http://www.veoh.com/users/Ringmistress
Twitter: @Double_Miz
Always have been, always will be McMahon-free zones

• Administrator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Savings time is over? -- not yet, but you might want to read this
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 12:17:14 AM »
Just a reminder