Author Topic: A tribute to lameness  (Read 26362 times)

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
Re: A tribute to lameness
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »
"Husky Harris is a fat slob who should get himself in shape and look like he actually cares about his profession"

*PULLS HAIR OUT*

I'd like to see the guy who posted that say that about Husky's grandfather; Blackjack Mulligan, Stan Hansen, Terry Gordy.. ..the list goes on. I hate that wrestling has moved in this "look like an underwear model or else" direction.  

Look up Mulligan on the youtube, you won't regret it.

Also, I'm pretty damn sure Husky is in great shape. He moves like an athlete. He's more athletic than a lot of the guys who are "in shape".

SWIFT made this.

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 05:41:27 AM »
Ayumi not winning the NEO titles. Now that is lame.

Someone should tweet to Bolshoi and tell her to consider booking Ayumi in JWP more.

Ayumi Kurihara: Next JWP Openweight Champion!

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 07:06:23 AM »

Can someone explain what having a dead company's title would do for Ayumi?

And I'd rather for Yoneyama's run to not be cut short by Ayumi. This has been a long time coming for Yoneyama, Ayumi's got time on her side, it's not like she's spun her wheels for 10 years.

SWIFT made this.

Offline King of Joshi

• I Live Here
  • Dark Unicorn and Black Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 07:16:03 AM »

It is the lamest. Necrophiliac booking strikes again. Even a dying company can't move things forward when they have every reason and excuse to, including the current champ retiring.

Warning: Comment may be deleted by walking chode.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »

And I'd rather for Yoneyama's run to not be cut short by Ayumi. This has been a long time coming for Yoneyama, Ayumi's got time on her side, it's not like she's spun her wheels for 10 years.

It's not the titles so much as the fact that there had been a build-up for Kurihara to finally get that career-defining win in a major singles match against a top-of-the-line opponent, and NEO yanked the rug from under us for no reason.  There's no reason to protect Tamura anymore (she's retiring) and putting a good youngster over on her way out would do more for her legacy in puroresu than this.

Maybe NEO can be true comedians and convince Kyoko to come back for the last show and have Tamura drop the titles to her.
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »

It's not the titles so much as the fact that there had been a build-up for Kurihara to finally get that career-defining win in a major singles match against a top-of-the-line opponent, and NEO yanked the rug from under us for no reason.  There's no reason to protect Tamura anymore (she's retiring) and putting a good youngster over on her way out would do more for her legacy in puroresu than this.

Maybe NEO can be true comedians and convince Kyoko to come back for the last show and have Tamura drop the titles to her.

Wouldn't it be better for Tamura's memory (and perhaps her personal feelings) to let her go out champion? She never seemed to have a big, singular career defining moment, either. Coming to prominence at exactly the wrong time in joshi and most of her defining moments are NEO moments centered around her as NEO's Ace. That's the only reason I think they're letting Tamura keep the belt, her allegiance and history with NEO.

Ayumi's young and she's getting all sorts of attention in the industry. She'll definitely shine,  there's no reason to kick an old, sick dog when she's down and take the last thing she has to give it to a girl who's going to go on to be something great.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 07:59:26 AM »
It's not the titles so much as the fact that there had been a build-up for Kurihara to finally get that career-defining win in a major singles match against a top-of-the-line opponent, and NEO yanked the rug from under us for no reason.  There's no reason to protect Tamura anymore (she's retiring) and putting a good youngster over on her way out would do more for her legacy in puroresu than this.

QFT!
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline UnstableProtagonist

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • http://demeteriusstevens.blogspot.com/
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 08:13:05 AM »
U.P. does not approve of such lameness, nor do the following parties:

Nacchi said:

Kayo Noumi said:

Even Kana said:

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:04 AM »

Nacchi said:

Kayo Noumi said:

Even Kana said:

I lessthanthree you U.P.
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline King of Joshi

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »

I don't understand what the point of them teaming up has been if they weren't going to put Kurihara over. This defines lame, especially with Tamura retiring anyway and that's supposed to mean losing. This one would have meant something.

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 10:07:46 AM »
yeah, Koda is made of FAIL on this one. Although, I do think that TAMUKURI was born from Tamura being impressed by Ayumi during the DNH II tourny andwanting to team with her more often...them getting team gold, I think was just a knock-on effect from their popularity with the Japanese fanbase.

Still FAIL that Ayumi jobbed...hell, if they wanted to give Ayumi the rub while still keeping the belt on Tamura, they could've gone time limit at least...
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

The Juhoker

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »
"Husky Harris is a fat slob who should get himself in shape and look like he actually cares about his profession"

*PULLS HAIR OUT*

I'd like to see the guy who posted that say that about Husky's grandfather; Blackjack Mulligan, Stan Hansen, Terry Gordy.. ..the list goes on. I hate that wrestling has moved in this "look like an underwear model or else" direction.  

Look up Mulligan on the youtube, you won't regret it.

Also, I'm pretty damn sure Husky is in great shape. He moves like an athlete. He's more athletic than a lot of the guys who are "in shape".

I facepalmed pretty hard at that. I think Husky harris is a really good wrestler and he is an agile big man liker Vader and Umaga but that's the Wrestlecrap forum for you. They have some pretty whacked out and downright goofy opinions of certain wrestlers.

"Unpopular opinions are wrong most of the time, and there's a good reason why they're unpopular. To elaborate further, I think the majority of unpopular opinions are just an attempt to stand out from the crowd. It's hard to find ones that come off as authentic"

I agree with this but nobody on that forum will admit that and they'll just go about saying more goofy and idiotic bullcrap thinking that they know more about wrestling than the people who actually run the companies.

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »
...they'll just go about saying more goofy and idiotic bullcrap thinking that they know more about wrestling than the people who actually run the companies.

Oh, but they do, don't you know?  That's why the ones running the companies are making millions while the guys who know better are still living in their parents' basement, growing out their net beards and only bathing once a week because they don't feel the need to bath unless they've sweat and they only sweat once a week when they climb that flight of stairs to get rid of the piss jugs next to their computers.
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »

Like the others have said, it wasn't so much the titles that would make her, but the win over a big star like Tamura. I stated the other week that if Ayumi won, it would be a double-edged sword. NEO is a dying promotion, so most likely she wouldn't have been able defend the titles except perhaps at the final NEO show.

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
Even so, it would've made perfect sense if Ayumi had actually gotten over. Considering her moderate surge in popularity throughout this year, one would think that a win against Tamura could've put her career to a higher plateau. Besides, the NEO part of the double championship belts would be benign anyway.

Offline King of Joshi

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »
"Unpopular opinions are wrong most of the time, and there's a good reason why they're unpopular. To elaborate further, I think the majority of unpopular opinions are just an attempt to stand out from the crowd. It's hard to find ones that come off as authentic"

I agree with this but nobody on that forum will admit that and they'll just go about saying more goofy and idiotic bullcrap thinking that they know more about wrestling than the people who actually run the companies.

You shouldn't agree with that. It's a logical fallacy and there are plenty of easy an obvious examples of how wrong it is, especially in America where people are woefully ignorant about any number of things they have strong, popular opinions on. See: Evolution.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 04:46:55 AM »

Even Kana said:

oh my ... the Jack Nicholson from "The Shining" look, i LOVE it

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2010, 10:24:56 AM »

Like the others have said, it wasn't so much the titles that would make her, but the win over a big star like Tamura. I stated the other week that if Ayumi won, it would be a double-edged sword. NEO is a dying promotion, so most likely she wouldn't have been able defend the titles except perhaps at the final NEO show.

I still really don't think Ayumi needs it. No one else got to take a picture with Togi Makabe. I know she's the chosen and all that but still. ..I'd say she's pretty solidified. She's a cute, face girl working for S-Ovation. She's already been to America and Mexico (where I head she's "big/popular"). She'll be fine. Why does she need the dead title from a dead company that didn't really mean all that much to joshi anyway?

Besides that, Tamura NEVER put anyone over during her career. Why expect it, now?
If you haven't SEEN the match, how do you know she "jobbed". Loosing is not the same as jobbing? I used to think everyone here was pretty smart about it but this Ayumi stuff reminds me that when favorites are involved any loss automatically becomes a job. Does no one see the validity in giving an old dog (no disrespect to Tamura but I always feel sorry for women who go down with the ship. They didn't really have a choice. I remember when Tamura was popular but there's no demand for her anymore while there's plenty of demand for Ayumi and friends.) a go-home happy shot at all? Especially when the company is dead and buried. It's not like someone has to make the new kids look good or else the company will die.
I'd cry if they asked me to give my title up to some new kid who's going to go on to win many more when I'm about to retire. I'd cry and then I'd stiff the shit out of her if she's getting a win that's going to kick me when I'm down, especially if I have the stoic mindset of Tamura. It's not like her "putting her over" is going to do Ayumi any real good, anyway.

Anyway, this thread is not the Ayumi-must-win=even-though-I'm-across-the-world show ...that's what the Anon section is for. Keep this thread anecdotal.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:32:15 AM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »
Besides that, Tamura NEVER put anyone over during her career. Why expect it, now?
If you haven't SEEN the match, how do you know she "jobbed". Loosing is not the same as jobbing? I used to think everyone here was pretty smart about it but this Ayumi stuff reminds me that when favorites are involved any loss automatically becomes a job.

I never said Ayumi jobbed. Jobbing is getting squashed in under 10 minutes with getting little to no offense in. I do know the difference. I was a bit high on Ayumi when I originally said that her not winning was lame, so I'll admit that I overlooked the other aspects of the outcome of the match. Your probably right about Ayumi not needing a big title right away.

Offline King of Joshi

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »
I never said Ayumi jobbed. Jobbing is getting squashed in under 10 minutes with getting little to no offense in. I do know the difference. I was a bit high on Ayumi when I originally said that her not winning was lame, so I'll admit that I overlooked the other aspects of the outcome of the match. Your probably right about Ayumi not needing a big title right away.

I'm not an Ayumi superfan, but it's a pretty objectively dumb move and wasted opportunity. Such is Joshi. But you'd think they'd at least have figured out how to handle retirements properly by now with so many.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:33:48 PM by John Hyperion »

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2010, 04:04:09 PM »
"William Regal is overrated"

Fuck you, kid. Fuck you.

SWIFT made this.

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »

Fuck you, kid. Fuck you.

Lolwut? If anything he's underrated.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2010, 05:29:31 PM »

Fuck you, kid. Fuck you.

Lolwut? If anything he's underrated.

Exactly, he can: wrestle and work. He's a great technician, he can talk, he can get over even if he's being buried. I don't understand what's so hard to "get" about William Regal.

He's also a wicked man when he gets going.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:49:24 PM by Starscream »

SWIFT made this.

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2010, 08:11:15 PM »
"He (Santino) was brutalized last week by YOU-MANGA (Umaga)!!"