Author Topic: A tribute to lameness  (Read 27811 times)

Offline 孤星

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
  • Good friends.
    • View Profile
A tribute to lameness
« on: March 21, 2009, 03:33:32 AM »
What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever encountered on a message board/forum? It could be another poster, a thought or a question. ..I'll get the ball rolling. ..

Someone just commented that one reason for men not wanting to see women wrestlers on the card is homosexuality in those men.  *give

That is total fail.

Poster A: I remember seeing a topic on the RoH boards a while ago (to which I was referring and you would have got the jist if you actually read my post) which was several pages long of people bashing the female matches and how they didn't want to see them in RoH cards.

Pissant B then replied: Did you participate in said topic? Why bring it up? Some sexist or homosexual men with irrelevant opinions collaborating in one thread doesn't mean anything. The KKK has several chapters too. The Olympics have men and women competing in all the same sports and there's no debate about it.

WTF?  *haha

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
Re: A tribute to lameness
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 05:17:33 PM »

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:19:02 PM »
After seeing a clip of Ai Fujita doing her rarely seen Phoenix Splash on Youtube, someone commented by saying,

"that's not that good, kelly kelly can do a hurricanrana and scream like she's being raped"

*kori

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 10:39:59 PM »

oh gee ... what went wrong?

Offline UnstableProtagonist

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
    • http://demeteriusstevens.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »
An anonymous spectator from the Tube left this comment on the Kana video I uploaded back at March:

"kana sucks.
Shes one of the worst joshi wrestlers, if you can even call her a wrestler. She just flails around like an idiot, no control, no class, no style. Thinks shes tough but wont go do real fighting like shoot boxing or mma. Go away Kana, leave wrestling to the wrestlers.
Lonely fans only like her for two reasons."

*imitates Stinkmeaner from the Boondocks screaming "B.A.N.!!"*  *fu

Also, WTF is THIS fool on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdz3KXA-FLA
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:51:49 PM by UnstableProtagonist »

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »
OH MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necromancy, eh? These are great posts. I'm continually loosing faith in humanity.

After seeing a clip of Ai Fujita doing her rarely seen Phoenix Splash on Youtube, someone commented by saying,

"that's not that good, kelly kelly can do a hurricanrana and scream like she's being raped"

*kori

Wow. Heartbreaking comments from Divas fans.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:03:55 PM »
An anonymous spectator from the Tube left this comment on the Kana video I uploaded back at March:

"kana sucks.
Shes one of the worst joshi wrestlers, if you can even call her a wrestler. She just flails around like an idiot, no control, no class, no style. Thinks shes tough but wont go do real fighting like shoot boxing or mma. Go away Kana, leave wrestling to the wrestlers.
Lonely fans only like her for two reasons."

*imitates Stinkmeaner from the Boondocks screaming "B.A.N.!!"*  *fu

Also, WTF is THIS fool on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdz3KXA-FLA

what the crack is that person smoking?

The Juhoker

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »
I've seen plenty of stupidity on the Wrestlecrap forums. One of the mods there actually suspended a person's account for 2 days just because said person told him that his jokes were lame. Another instance was a female mod who locked a topic and banned the folks who posted in it just because they were badmouthing her favoriting wrestler.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
I've seen plenty of stupidity on the Wrestlecrap forums. One of the mods there actually suspended a person's account for 2 days just because said person told him that his jokes were lame. Another instance was a female mod who locked a topic and banned the folks who posted in it just because they were badmouthing her favoriting wrestler.

Yeah that same female mod HATES former wrestler Lacey and does nothing but call her a whore all day.
WC is so stupid. Talking about womens' wrestling in a positive light and replying to topics using women wrestlers (for example: posting Bull or Dump in a thread about the best facepaint) and just being a womens' wrestling fan will get you banned because "no one cares about womens' wrestling". Meanwhile, posters were allowed to say that shimmer wrestlers looked like girls from cum fiesta.
In January I told the worst mod they have, lildude, that TNA was downplaying the KOs and he banned me, again "no they're not. there's no difference". He's not even a fan of womens' wrestlng. I think he might be the lame joke mod in question because he never adds anything of substance to any thread; just lame jokes designed to make a mockery out of the subject.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 12:02:46 AM »
wow, thanks for the advice. i'd never go to WrestleCrap forums ever. i've been to the home site but not on the forum section.

The Juhoker

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 12:52:41 AM »

Yeah that same female mod HATES former wrestler Lacey and does nothing but call her a whore all day.
WC is so stupid. Talking about womens' wrestling in a positive light and replying to topics using women wrestlers (for example: posting Bull or Dump in a thread about the best facepaint) and just being a womens' wrestling fan will get you banned because "no one cares about womens' wrestling". Meanwhile, posters were allowed to say that shimmer wrestlers looked like girls from cum fiesta.
In January I told the worst mod they have, lildude, that TNA was downplaying the KOs and he banned me, again "no they're not. there's no difference". He's not even a fan of womens' wrestlng. I think he might be the lame joke mod in question because he never adds anything of substance to any thread; just lame jokes designed to make a mockery
out of the subject.

Exactly. The mods can do whatever they want on there but they don't seem to warn people when they're acting like complete jackasses and just let them say whatever they want and also most of the people who post there seem to blame Triple H and John Cena for every bad thing that happens in the WWE. Another thing that bugs me about the Wrestlecrap forums is that you can't talk bad about CM Punk, Bryan Danielson or any other internet darling but everybody else is an acceptable target.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 08:20:29 PM »
Lol, I'm actually inline with those lines of thoughts, so no problem with that. I see as many people defending Trips, Cena and Batista as I do detractors. Most of the WWE forum posters are so used to the way WWE does things they react in a negative way to fans having an opinon or fan interaction that isn't the standard hand slapping like the Cena-haters at WM.

What I find is, some people want to be anti-"IWC" just to go against the grain and go out of their way to insult Punk or Danielson (or Mickie) for being popular. And it just so happens those 2 are so against the grain of what WWE forces us to accept. The WWE boards are typical of WWE fans even on the internet, a bunch of Drew McInytre loving robots posting about how Danielson is bland and "got no reaction". There's something funny about the venom displayed towards wrestlers who aren't the typical WWE underwear model on the gas hogwash. And the backlash against Carlito for coming out and saying he was depressed. ...lame.

SWIFT made this.

The Juhoker

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 12:14:50 AM »
Lol, I'm actually inline with those lines of thoughts, so no problem with that. I see as many people defending Trips, Cena and Batista as I do detractors. Most of the WWE forum posters are so used to the way WWE does things they react in a negative way to fans having an opinon or fan interaction that isn't the standard hand slapping like the Cena-haters at WM.

What I find is, some people want to be anti-"IWC" just to go against the grain and go out of their way to insult Punk or Danielson (or Mickie) for being popular. And it just so happens those 2 are so against the grain of what WWE forces us to accept. The WWE boards are typical of WWE fans even on the internet, a bunch of Drew McInytre loving robots posting about how Danielson is bland and "got no reaction". There's something funny about the venom displayed towards wrestlers who aren't the typical WWE underwear model on the gas hogwash. And the backlash against Carlito for coming out and saying he was depressed. ...lame.

That's true. They love guys like Batista and Mcintyre but they don't like the people who don't look like a typical WWE wrestler. The stuff about Mickie James was what really pissed me off and they just kept making jokes about her because she supposedly looked like a horse and was supposedly fat. Well, i liked Mickie because she didn't look like the typical WWE Diva and wasn't stick thin. I also don't get them getting mad at Carlito for coming out after he was fired and saying how he felt. I agreed with a lot of the stuff Carlito said and i really want Bryan Danielson to come back because he had plenty of skill to go far and his feuds with the Miz and Michael cole were putting him on the right path.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 01:04:34 AM »
Lol, I'm actually inline with those lines of thoughts, so no problem with that. I see as many people defending Trips, Cena and Batista as I do detractors.

yes i'm one of those Cena apologists (the guy is great but the booking committee is more concerned of booking him as Hogan 2.0 and keeping the merchandise mill rolling). i've had my share of detractors not that i ever considered them as reason to stop being Cena's fan

What I find is, some people want to be anti-"IWC" just to go against the grain and go out of their way to insult Punk or Danielson (or Mickie) for being popular. And it just so happens those 2 are so against the grain of what WWE forces us to accept. The WWE boards are typical of WWE fans even on the internet, a bunch of Drew McIntyre loving robots posting about how Danielson is bland and "got no reaction". There's something funny about the venom displayed towards wrestlers who aren't the typical WWE underwear model on the gas hogwash. And the backlash against Carlito for coming out and saying he was depressed. ...lame.

i have an account at WWE messageboards that i don't use that much knowing how the admin there tolerates Cena bashing and suppresses HHH criticism. i can't tell if it's still the same thing since i've not returned there for months. and being popular is the worst reason a person could come up with to hate a person in a desperate attempt to be cool. i hate the Jonas brothers not because i'm being anti-It but i think they really suck. i hate Batista not because i wanted to be different from other Filipinos who were duped with the fallacy that he's a great wrestler but because most of the time, he sucked. i don't hate Drew McIntyre in the same way most IWC's do but i really don't like it when i'm forced to like this person just because he gets the main event/upper midcard treatment like if this is a bee colony, he's a few steps away from reigning the colony (because Sheamus is ahead of him).

on the other hand, i like Sheamus. at first it's like he's forced on us too but he's a far more interesting character than McIntyre. but with the kind of psychology he puts into angles/matches, you expect better things to come for this guy.

as for this ....
... a bunch of Drew McIntyre loving robots posting about how Danielson is bland and "got no reaction".

... they better not be too obvious as WWE employees/stockholders/whatever party that's bound to benefit from WWE stock dividends.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 01:43:44 AM »
What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever encountered on a message board/forum? It could be another poster, a thought or a question. ..I'll get the ball rolling. ..

i hope you don't mind if i include blogs here
http://chicogarcia.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/lingam-massage/#comments
what is lingam massage? just read
(why don't they just call it foreplay?)

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
LOL. *saves link*

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 01:32:39 AM »
Presenting 411mania's "Douchebag of the Week"
(Oh God! I've never seen anything like this *smirk)

This week, the TV Rants and Raves Douchebag of the Week goes to WWE owner Vince McMahon, for saying that pro wrestlers working for the WWE make enough money to be able to afford their own health insurance. McMahon also said that wrestlers are "independent contractors" and he doesn't know any independent contractors that don't have their own health insurance.

i was tempted to put this on "Ask a Wrestler" but knowing how lame it sounded, it obviously fitted more here.
health insurance? really? after watching Michael Moore's "Sicko", it made me think Canadian wrestlers like Edge have better medical coverage (unless you have a problem with Canadian health care).

by the way, this reminds me of why people like in my turf raise their arms in anger

on the other hand, i found this on the comments' section ($500,000 is an average wrestler's annual income?):
The average is $500,000 - which means that there are some that make $1,000,000+ and some that make $100,000-$150,000.

Plus - what insurance company would want to insure a professional wrestler. I would guess that on average, a professional wrestler with the WWE will have two surgical procedures each year (some more, some less) - these can minor or major surgeries, but any surgery STARTS at around $20,000. So right away, an insurer would be looking to $40,000 of medical costs each year. And if they have major surgery - $80k-$100k in costs would not be unexpected.

Insurance companies would not want to take on anyone unless they are able to make a profit. So let's say that wrestler's medical coverage costs $50,000/year (and this is on the low side). Add in profit and it would cost them $55,000.

Now - someone like Primo or the Uso's would be on the low end of the pay scale ($125,000/year), and they would have to pay $55,000 for their medical coverage.

If you make $50,000/year, would you be willing to pay $20,000 for medical? No - you probably pay about $1500 with the company you work for paying another $2500.

If Vince would offer all wrestlers a group medical package, they can get a discount on these costs because their costs are shared across all of the wrestlers. By splitting the risk across 50 different wrestlers, the insurance company doesn't need to make as much on each person, and their risk is diluted.

Posted By: SpankyHamm (Guest)  on August 04, 2010 at 01:23 PM

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 04:07:38 AM »
The lamest thing last week: Haters hating because they feel left out.
Also, everything Eric Bischoff said on facebook.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 03:52:04 AM »
The lamest thing last week: Haters hating because they feel left out.
Also, everything Eric Bischoff said on facebook.

... and Bischoff selling the fake Hulk Hogan account

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 04:40:58 PM »
I do remember someone saying CM Punk and KENTA are the same person... *kori

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 06:41:21 AM »
^^^ THAT KILLED ME! :D

I've been wanting to say this for a long time: whenever someone criticizes the way WWE promotes women they are immediately hit with the "women can't draw, all they can do is be eye candy" bomb. This line of thought it prevalent because of wrestling revisionist history concerning women. Women used to draw money. Lots of money. The very idea of women beating the shit out of each other and actually competing in a sport was so bizarre and enthralling it packed houses by itself. Keep in mind when Mildred Burke became the "first" official woman wrestling people were still publishing articles about how women are inferior to men and unable to perform as athletes. In a way, this kind of thinking has been intellectually refuted but it hasn't been culturally refuted and here's how: the entire reason people think women can't draw is because they like to think women are too stupid to grasp the complexities of wrestling like selling, psychology, character creation etc.,
So they rarely even try to make women into wrestlers (in North America); they're always half formed novelties.
Because of the above and the way we've been programmed to see women in wrestling since some guys figured it was better to bring in girlfriends, rats and strippers than actual women wrestlers because the former would fuck them is why no matter what a woman does on the main stage (WWE) it will always get a cold reception.
Titties are not enough to get people invested in the matches, this has been proven. But WWE doesn't want people invested in Divas matches.
But that doesn't mean women are incapable of thrilling a crowd with more than the size of their breast implants.

Someone go post this as a reply to this thread: http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=WWE&action=display&thread=303156&page=2
reply # 28 in particular. I got banned a long time ago. And shit like that bugs the hell out of me

SWIFT made this.

Offline JoshiFanficz

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »
I've been wanting to say this for a long time: whenever someone criticizes the way WWE promotes women they are immediately hit with the "women can't draw, all they can do is be eye candy" bomb. This line of thought it prevalent because of wrestling revisionist history concerning women. Women used to draw money. Lots of money. The very idea of women beating the shit out of each other and actually competing in a sport was so bizarre and enthralling it packed houses by itself. Keep in mind when Mildred Burke became the "first" official woman wrestling people were still publishing articles about how women are inferior to men and unable to perform as athletes. In a way, this kind of thinking has been intellectually refuted but it hasn't been culturally refuted and here's how: the entire reason people think women can't draw is because they like to think women are too stupid to grasp the complexities of wrestling like selling, psychology, character creation etc.,
So they rarely even try to make women into wrestlers (in North America); they're always half formed novelties.
Because of the above and the way we've been programmed to see women in wrestling since some guys figured it was better to bring in girlfriends, rats and strippers than actual women wrestlers because the former would fuck them is why no matter what a woman does on the main stage (WWE) it will always get a cold reception.
Titties are not enough to get people invested in the matches, this has been proven. But WWE doesn't want people invested in Divas matches.
But that doesn't mean women are incapable of thrilling a crowd with more than the size of their breast implants.

Someone go post this as a reply to this thread: http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=WWE&action=display&thread=303156&page=2
reply # 28 in particular. I got banned a long time ago. And shit like that bugs the hell out of me

People saying women (who aren't named Trish Stratus) can't draw or be huge stars is complete BS. Obviously they haven't heard of the Crush Gals, Megumi Kudo, etc. But their knowledge of women's wrestling is probably limited to the US, so therefore I'm not surprised.

I would like to post that, but it's wrestlecrap, and it probably fall on deaf ears... and I would probably get banned as soon I post that anyway.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:16:15 PM by NikkySan »

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 01:06:09 AM »

... which is the reason i never joined that messageboard. reading alone the posts really gives me shivers. ugh! if you want to ruin your day, go there. i won't stop you.

anyway ...
http://christwire.org/2010/08/is-my-husband-gay/
how i wish this is just something you'll find at humor sites like CollegeHumor.com but no ...

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
^^ It is a major downer. Wow @ that link.

People saying women (who aren't named Trish Stratus) can't draw or be huge stars is complete BS. Obviously they haven't heard of the Crush Gals, Megumi Kudo, etc. But their knowledge of women's wrestling is probably limited to the US, so therefore I'm not surprised.

I would like to post that, but it's wrestlecrap, and it probably fall on deaf ears... and I would probably get banned as soon I post that anyway.

Even within the US you had women like Mlidred Burke and June Byers earning equal to the men and Burke in particular was popular in Japan. It's sad how womens' wrestling history has been so erased people don't know what they're talking about.

I've gotten banned for saying as much.

SWIFT made this.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 08:58:54 AM »
All the people saying Luna "never did anything of note in her career" are so far off the mark it's not even funny. They're forgetting that if it wasn't for her selfless job of putting over that useless bag of silicone (Sable) there wouldn't have been a womens' title revival in the 90s and we wouldn't have gotten the useless parade of bimbos keeping their hands busy on lonely nights. Also, like any woman who isn't acceptable by male standards she wasn't allowed to do much and pushed over in favor of useless people like Sunny and Sable. Another thing, she had good runs all over the place when womens' wrestling was scarce and before that she was in Kevin Sullivan's army of darkness. She's had the most heat any woman has ever had at Wrestlemania.

I just love when assholes clearly don't know what the fuck they're talking about. They were too busy rubbing one out to Sable they never noticed how great Luna was. And why should they? The world doesn't work that way. The bigger, the faker the tits and the emptier the head (the less capable you are at wrestling) the more people like you.

All the more reason to smash faces in, I guess.

SWIFT made this.