Author Topic: Ice Ribbon  (Read 233099 times)

windscorpion

Re: Ice Ribbon
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
Be ill for a few days and suddenly there is a backlog, anyway...

Ice Ribbon 61
Ice Ribbon dojo 24/03/09
56 fans

Natsuki*Taiyo & Hoshi Hamuko bt Makoto & Fujimoto Tsubasa in 12:16
Takanashi Masa bt Kajiwara Kei in 9:28
Tamura Yoshiko & Hikari Shida bt Tanny Mouse & Miyako Miyachi in 12:26
Nanae Takahashi bt Aoi Kizuki in 13:14

Ice Ribbon 62
Ice Ribbon dojo 28/03/09 14:00
59 fans

Natsuki*Taiyo & Miyako Miyachi bt Makoto & Hoshi Hamuko in 11:16
Yanagi Nishiki bt Ryo Chokumo in 6:59
Apple Miyuki bt Aiki Ando in 7:21
Sawa Suki & Sato Yuuore bt Takanashi Masa & Kajiwara Kei in 9:59
Nanae Takahashi bt Aoi Kizuki in 6:58

Ice Ribbon 63
Ice Robbon dojo 28/03/09 18:00
68 fans

Makoto bt Miyako Miyachi in 6:56
Cherry bt Aiki Ando in 5:34
Sawa Suki & Sato Yuuore bt Kitaka Isami & Ryu Chokumo in 11:52
Hoshi Hamuko & Kizumi Shimouma bt Aoi Kizuki & Akagi Haruna in 12:21

Quite a few dudes appeared on these cards and i am not that familiar with japanese dude wrestling so some of the names may be wrong but never mind coz...

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 12:17:05 AM »
how long had makoto been wearing that purple outfit? i remember haruka matsuo wearing a very similar one (who imitated who?)

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 06:08:30 AM »
I haven't tried to keep up with Ice Ribbon since windscorpion can't do it anymore, but I'll make an exception since I want to be a completist with the Golden Week results.  I don't have times or most of the finishers yet.  Some names may be wrong.  I can't imagine Hotta vs anyone in Ice Ribbon being anything but incredibly dull and tedious.

ICE RIBBON May 4, 2009
Itabashi Green Hall

1. Hikaru Shida defeated Chii Tomiya with a Dropkick.
2. Seina defeated Hikari Minami.
3. Kazumi Shimouma & Haruna Akagi defeated Tsukasa Fujimoto & Miyako Matsumoto when Shimouma pinned Fujimoto.
4. CHANGO & Yu Sato defeated Ribbon Takanashi & Satoshi Kajiwara when CHANGO used a Cradle on Kajiwara.
5. Yumiko Hotta defeated Hoshi Hamuko
6. ICE X 60 Singles Championship: Kiyoko Ichiki (c) defeated Makoto with a Diving Enziguri Kneedrop. Ichiki is successful in the 3rd defense.
7. Emi Sakura & Kaori Yoneyama defeated Minori Makiba & Yukari Ishino when Sakura used the Cream Puff on Makiba.
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline Code Green

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 06:16:23 AM »
So, would you call Ice Ribbon a kind of developmental territory, like watching FCW here?  Or is it just really, really low budget?  What's its story -- I have seen a little on TEH Evil, and it seems like the crowds are nonexistent and the girls are about 12. . .

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 07:34:27 AM »
Emi Sakura (Emi Motokawa) started Ice Ribbon as an after school club for young girls (it started under a different name but I cant remember it).  It's basically like Girl Scouts with lots of wrestling rather than selling cookies or something.  Most of the crowd are family and friends watching the matches and the wrestling is mostly rookie style with lots of repetitions and cradles.  Often, especially form Neo and the younger set, women came in to wrestle on shows with the younger girls but even then the matches are mostly simple with comedy moments.  It appears that Emi started expanding last year, taking on some older idol type girls for whatever reason so they might be trying to become something more than they started over the following years.     
I may drop you on your head

Offline Code Green

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »
Emi Sakura (Emi Motokawa) started Ice Ribbon as an after school club for young girls (it started under a different name but I cant remember it).  It's basically like Girl Scouts with lots of wrestling rather than selling cookies or something.  Most of the crowd are family and friends watching the matches and the wrestling is mostly rookie style with lots of repetitions and cradles.  Often, especially form Neo and the younger set, women came in to wrestle on shows with the younger girls but even then the matches are mostly simple with comedy moments.  It appears that Emi started expanding last year, taking on some older idol type girls for whatever reason so they might be trying to become something more than they started over the following years.     

Thanks for the info!  So, wow, they really are as young as they look.  I suppose in watching it one might later recognize a new young idol starlet, but otherwise, there's just so much else to follow. . .

windscorpion

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 03:32:49 AM »
Some of the strange matchups are worth checking out like the mixed tags with Riho

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 08:58:28 AM »
Not my favorite promotion, but I figured their first Korakuen Hall show deserved a thread.  They seem to have taken a bit of a more serious turn, as it's less little kids play-fighting on mats with the introduction of the older idol types and now a MMA fighter turned pro wrestler (the debuting Mika Nagano).

I'm sure this show will make PUNQ's head explode.  Does anyone know if Aoi Kizuki is ever gonna wrestle again?  I know she was having headaches a few months back and was pulled to have that checked out. 

Riho vs Ramu-chan is obviously JMOTYC.  Not sure if Makiba & Ishino are ready for a semi-main event singles match at Korakuen.

ICE RIBBON "ICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND" August 23,2009
Korakuen Hall

1. Hikari Minami & Seina vs Chii Tomiya & X
2. Toshie Uematsu & BIG Foot vs Aika Ando, Miyako Matsumoto, & Death Worm
3. ICEx60 Championship: Kiyoko Ichiki (c) vs Makoto
4. Mika Nagano Debut Match: Fuuka, Hikari Shida, & Mika Nagano vs Kazumi Shimouma, Hamuko Hoshi, & Haruna Akagi
5. Riho & Yu Sato vs Chairman Ramu-Chan & Yuko Miyamoto
6. Natsuki*Taiyo & Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Kaori Yoneyama & Io Shirai
7. Minori Makiba vs Yukari Ishino
8. Emi Sakura vs Nanae Takahashi
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 09:08:10 AM »
OMG OMG OMG, They're so stupid.....COULD HAVE BOOKED THIS AT SAITMA SUPER ARENA1!!!!!!!!! Riho vs Ramu sell soo many tickets. Not gonna JUST be JMOTYC, GONNA BE MATCH OF THE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Aoi, I hope she's alright :( She's always been really good about not fucking around with injuries so if it's anything serious I'm sure she'll make sure it gets treated.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 07:18:38 AM »
Bad news-Aoi Kizuki has been released from Ice Ribbon.  She's still having problems with headaches, I don't think they know what's going on, and I fear she may be forced to retire.  *gloom
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 08:47:06 AM »
Disappointing news about Aoi. Never thought she was good, but I liked her attitude.

The Korakuen show looks interesting.
http://kdojo.puroresufan.com/
Only English K-Dojo site

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Goonieschoice/index.php?showtopic=2527
This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 09:42:40 AM »
Sucks.  I like Aoi, shes got plenty of charisma and had plenty of time to progress from her already pretty solid skills to something more.  She's young, so maybe she'll be back later.

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »
omg.....this year just sucks SOOOOOOOO fucking hard. *gloom *gloom *gloom

Offline rzombie1988

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
ICE RIBBON has also released a Tsukasa Fujimoto DVD.

Pics of it: http://choicolle.blog90.fc2.com/?tag=%C6%A3%CB%DC%A4%C4%A4%AB%A4%B5
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:02:54 PM by rzombie1988 »
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/

My new wrestling blog

Currently featuring:
The First Three LLPW Shows
AJW Big Egg Wrestling Universe
GAEA Champ Forum #3 with Meiko and Sonoko
OZ Academy 263
Jd' TV From 99/2000

windscorpion

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 12:31:14 AM »
It will be interesting to see how Ice Ribbon develops, as you say they have decided to try for a more serious promotion. Though that of course means then competing with other serious promotions and no longer alone in their niche.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 02:30:41 AM »
ICE RIBBON has also released a Tsukasa Fujimoto DVD.

Pics of it: http://choicolle.blog90.fc2.com/?tag=%C6%A3%CB%DC%A4%C4%A4%AB%A4%B5

tsukasa looked cute although i have yet to see more matches from her (the only match i saw of her was that 6 girl scramble at one NEO televised show that included fuuka and riho)

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 07:02:15 AM »
Quite a bit of shuffling of the match order.  Obviously Emi vs Nanae is still the main event.

ICE RIBBON "ICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND" August 23, 2009
Korakuen Hall

1. Hikari Minami & Seina vs Chii Tomiya & X
2. Minori Makiba vs Yukari Ishino
3. Riho & Yu Sato vs Chairman Ramu-Chan & Yuko Miyamoto
4. Mika Nagano Debut Match: Fuuka, Hikari Shida, & Mika Nagano vs Kazumi Shimouma, Hamuko Hoshi, & Haruna Akagi
5. Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Emi Fujino
6. Toshie Uematsu & BIG Foot vs Aika Ando, Miyako Matsumoto, & Death Worm
7. Natsuki*Taiyo & Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Kaori Yoneyama & Io Shirai
8. ICEx60 Championship: Kiyoko Ichiki (c) vs Makoto
9. Emi Sakura vs Nanae Takahashi
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 04:26:28 AM »
Exciting news, especially for Kori.  The open spot in the opening match is being filled by Mai Ichii.  Mai will also be joining Ice Ribbon and participating in both puroresu and MMA, after having been away from wrestling since leaving Ito Dojo about a year ago.  I guess Emi is really trying to pump up the credibility of the roster, as Mai is the 3rd MMA fighter (Emi Fujino and Mika Nagano) that will be part of the group.

If I recall correctly, wasn't Mai a part of that "Gtkn" group that was sort of the precursor of Ice Ribbon?
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline rzombie1988

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 06:31:11 AM »
Mai has already quit Ice Ribbon once.
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/

My new wrestling blog

Currently featuring:
The First Three LLPW Shows
AJW Big Egg Wrestling Universe
GAEA Champ Forum #3 with Meiko and Sonoko
OZ Academy 263
Jd' TV From 99/2000

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 02:50:26 PM »
Only English K-Dojo site

This is suggested watching for any promotion in the world in 09. Add to it please.

Offline DANgerous K

• I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/other/text/200908160009-spnavi.html
So is the other woman next to Fuuka, Nagano?

Yeah, think thats her.  Pozen had a video up from youtube of her and fuuka rolling through some prowres mat practice stuff.

wave_fan

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 12:28:14 AM »
I am very surprised that Ice Ribbon is going right for Korakuen hall and not doing more shows at Itabashi Green hall. Or doing some shin kiba or  shin juku face. There normal attedance is not even better than wave. They seem to be pulling out all the stops on this one though. They took over S arena the other night.... looked like AKB48 or something invading... Now looks like they are giving a way a cash prize now! I hope it works out for them. The main event should bring in some people along with fuuka, so could be big. Maybe wave will follow....

wave_fan

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2009, 12:18:32 AM »
Hey all just saw the Ice Ribbon show at Korakuen Hall. Was a big crowd. Not quite a sell out with some empty seats. Probably begger than the Neo Summer Stampede. Good show. All the wrestlers went into the stands and thanked every one and shaked hands. I got Io and Fukka(Yes!) Never seen that before. It was great. I am on to the Wave show at Shinjuku Face.

Offline Fanboy

• Sun? What's that?
  • Future World
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2009, 09:00:17 AM »
I haven't attempted to do results on the numerous small shows that Ice Ribbon does, but this was their biggest show ever.  Between the idol girls who came in from the 3 Count movie last year, and the newly recruited MMA fighters Mika Nagano & Emi Fujino (along with Mai Ichii returning to pro wrestling), it seems that Emi is really trying to make it more than just little girls doing faux fisties.  They even had new warmups. 

I guess Makoto is the ace, now, as she wins the Ice Ribbon title and substituted in the opener for the injured Hikari Minami.  Emi got buried with banners.  They had Aoi Kizuki out after the main event.  I had announced earlier that she had been released, but now they are wording it as an "indefinite absence".  I guess Emi will bring her back if she ever gets medical clearance from the headaches.

ICE RIBBON "ICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND" August 23, 2009
Korakuen Hall

1. Makoto & Seina defeated Chii Tomiya & Mai Ichii (7:49) when Makoto used a Cradle on Ichii.
2. Minori Makiba defeated Yukari Ishino (5:22).
3. Chairman Ramu-Chan & Yuko Miyamoto defeated Riho & Yu Sato (9:38) when Miyamoto used a Moonsault Press on Sato.
4. Mika Nagano Debut Match: Fuuka, Hikari Shida, & Mika Nagano defeated Kazumi Shimouma, Hamuko Hoshi, & Haruna Akagi (10:43) when Shida used a Cradle Akagi.
5. Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Emi Fujino (7:03) with a Reverse Cradle.
6. Toshie Uematsu & Bigfoot defeated Aika Ando, Miyako Matsumoto, & Death Worm (10:37) when Bigfoot used a Double Chokeslam on Ando & Matsumoto.
7. Kaori Yoneyama & Io Shirai defeated Natsuki*Taiyo & Tsukasa Fujimoto when Shirai used a Moonsault Press on Fujimoto.
8. ICEx60 Championship: Makoto pinned Kiyoko Ichiki (13:09) with the Rising Star SPX Hold. Ichiki fails in the 5th defense and Makoto becomes the 2nd champion.
9. Nanae Takahashi defeated Emi Sakura (18:09) with the Nanaracka.

http://totsuyoulei.blog38.fc2.com/blog-entry-687.html

http://ice-ribbon.ne07.jp/blog/text_9876.html
Banner by shupercousin

Sayonara Hiren!

Offline Eivion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2009, 01:30:59 PM »
Wow, Makoto pulling double duty and getting two wins, something about that seems so wrong. What the hell is the Rising Star SPX Hold though?
Only English K-Dojo site