Author Topic: "Sexy Purple Thunder Sisters" Mio and Io Shirai  (Read 255319 times)

ACCRO

Re: "Sexy Purple Thunder Sisters" Mio and Io Shirai
« Reply #675 on: September 07, 2010, 04:45:23 AM »
I was watching some matches with Mio Shirai and I was wondering what her theme song is? Its been stuck in my head all day!
About a week or so too late, but it's "Humble Neighborhoods" by Pink.
Humble Neighborhoods

Took me a while to figure it out as well, I don't remember how I stumbled across the song, but I felt so dumb afterward because it's obvious Pink.

I really look forward to seeing the Shirai sisters.  They've got a great look to them, and being mentored by Kana can only help them.  They show a lot of promise, and I'd love to see them make it big in America some day.

ACCRO

« Reply #676 on: September 10, 2010, 10:46:30 AM »
DDT Dramatic Fantasia #286 is out now, which is a clip show of their seven-day Beer Garden event.

On the show, it featured the Shirai Sisters against Michael Nakazawa and Kenny Omega, in a match of the guys' choice.  Turns out they picked a "Baby Oil" match.

*Io hits a fantastic Tornado DDT off her sister's shoulders.
*Mio gets tortured (?) by Michael and Omega in the picture I'm posting below.
*Both teams use the "Baby Oil Mist".  Nakazawa actually catches the baby oil that Io spits out on him, and spits it back in her face.
*Mio loses her leather top sometime during the match and is down to a sports bra.  By the end of the match, Io is having a hard time keep her top on as well.
*Kenny Omega wants to strip naked for the sisters, but NAKAZAWA stops him.  As he's turned around, the Shirai Sisters take Michael down and strip him naked.

Sadly, it's only a two minute clip of a 21 minute match.  ):

And this image pretty much sums the match up.

Offline Coffee

• My Name is Kapeng or ELPS
    • View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #677 on: September 11, 2010, 12:55:47 AM »
DDT Dramatic Fantasia #286 is out now, which is a clip show of their seven-day Beer Garden event.

On the show, it featured the Shirai Sisters against Michael Nakazawa and Kenny Omega, in a match of the guys' choice.  Turns out they picked a "Baby Oil" match.

*Io hits a fantastic Tornado DDT off her sister's shoulders.
*Mio gets tortured (?) by Michael and Omega in the picture I'm posting below.
*Both teams use the "Baby Oil Mist".  Nakazawa actually catches the baby oil that Io spits out on him, and spits it back in her face.
*Mio loses her leather top sometime during the match and is down to a sports bra.  By the end of the match, Io is having a hard time keep her top on as well.
*Kenny Omega wants to strip naked for the sisters, but NAKAZAWA stops him.  As he's turned around, the Shirai Sisters take Michael down and strip him naked.

Sadly, it's only a two minute clip of a 21 minute match.  ):

And this image pretty much sums the match up.

so in other words it's ... it's ... how do i say it?

i'm just too stunned by the picture to comment

Offline Makabe Sword Justice

• Sun? What's that?
  • (Sympathetic) Heel & Proud Of It
    • View Profile
    • Puroresu Representin'-Puroresu Info, News, Results & Videos
« Reply #678 on: September 11, 2010, 05:39:17 AM »
It's DDT. Par for the course.

Praying for Japan and all affected by the 3/11/11 earthquake and tsunami.
Puroresu Representin':Japanese Wrestling Info, News, Results & Videos:
http://representingpuroresu.wordpress.com

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 11, 2010, 07:27:05 AM »
That's nothing. Later in the match Kenny strips down to the loosest bit of underwear I've ever seen, while Kenny gets stripped completely naked by the Shirais.

ACCRO

« Reply #680 on: September 11, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »
That's nothing. Later in the match Kenny strips down to the loosest bit of underwear I've ever seen, while Kenny gets stripped completely naked by the Shirais.
Yeah, I mentioned that.  I heard somewhere that Omega was gay, but his boner says otherwise.

I wonder if it's possible to buy a DVD of this night's event?  I totally would, for that match alone.  Also note that Kenny Omega has lost his Wrestling tights, his pads, both boots, and one sock.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #681 on: September 13, 2010, 01:27:17 AM »

... thanks for reminding me that Omega & Ibushi's finisher is called "Golden Shower".

ACCRO

« Reply #682 on: September 13, 2010, 01:44:10 AM »

... thanks for reminding me that Omega & Ibushi's finisher is called "Golden Shower".
Which they tried to use on Riho.

Offline Makabe Sword Justice

• Sun? What's that?
  • (Sympathetic) Heel & Proud Of It
    • View Profile
    • Puroresu Representin'-Puroresu Info, News, Results & Videos
« Reply #683 on: September 13, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »
Yeah, I mentioned that.  I heard somewhere that Omega was gay, but his boner says otherwise.

I wonder if it's possible to buy a DVD of this night's event?  I totally would, for that match alone.  Also note that Kenny Omega has lost his Wrestling tights, his pads, both boots, and one sock.
Maybe in Japan, otherwise you're better off hoping someone posts the match on one of the video sharing sites (or the episode of Dramatic Fantasia it's featured on).

Praying for Japan and all affected by the 3/11/11 earthquake and tsunami.
Puroresu Representin':Japanese Wrestling Info, News, Results & Videos:
http://representingpuroresu.wordpress.com

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 14, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »

Kana posted that she went with the Shirai Sisters to Narita Airport to see them off to Mexico. She said they're covering their faces because they're in long distance travel mode with no make-up. The 2nd Photo is them entering the terminal to go to their gate.

ACCRO

« Reply #685 on: September 15, 2010, 02:42:41 AM »
I just talked to Kenny Omega about getting a DVD of the show the Sisters were on from the Beer Garden shows.  Here's what he said:

Sadly, the Beer Garden events run low on their priority list. They film them half-heartedly to have on file, but not with the intent to have a good production of it. Samurai TV, however, had a camera crew there (on top of DDT's guys), so there's a chance that the show in it's entirety exists (and in high quality).
If I can trace their version down, and it's better than the wonky version I have - I'll let you know!

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 15, 2010, 06:30:27 AM »
I just talked to Kenny Omega about getting a DVD of the show the Sisters were on from the Beer Garden shows.  Here's what he said:

Sadly, the Beer Garden events run low on their priority list. They film them half-heartedly to have on file, but not with the intent to have a good production of it. Samurai TV, however, had a camera crew there (on top of DDT's guys), so there's a chance that the show in it's entirety exists (and in high quality).
If I can trace their version down, and it's better than the wonky version I have - I'll let you know!

PLEASE do *bwah
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs153.snc4/36997_1499846226227_1536320446_31219549_1866481_n.jpg

MEGUMI KUDO - "Evil Princess" & "Extreme Queen"

KANA - "Joshi Queen of STIFFNESS"

MANAMI TOYOTA - "The Legend"

TRIPLE TAILS - "Joshi's version of the Triple Threat"

Offline Sakebito_ONI

• DOUBLE ONIS FTW!
  • Global Moderator
  • Different Gimmick, Same Pervert
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 15, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

One:  Awesome that you can just up and talk to Kenny Omega and he answers you back.

Two:  You know what a HEERO you'd be if you could come up with this?  You'd be a shoe-in to become a member of ONI-ism for sure.
Shupercousin KAKKOI!

]

Offline Sabrina the Teenage Cracker

• Prowrestler
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 15, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »
Your stock with me will go up, but for the Kenny and Michael hawtness.  *haha

ACCRO

« Reply #689 on: September 15, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »
Your stock with me will go up, but for the Kenny and Michael hawtness.  *haha
I'm am totally willing to buy any sort of DVD that Kenny digs up from Samurai, rip it, and share it with you guys.  He's got his own copy of the event, but like he said before, it's just clipped and poorly edited.  He said it's really not that much different than what we saw on Dramatic Fantasia.

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 16, 2010, 08:53:23 AM »
Io & Mio are in Mexico.

Io posted it was a long 17 hour flight, and it's Mexican Independence Day so many stores and restaurants are closed. She also said that because of the partying "...public order is at it's worst" and there are throngs of people in the street.

She also said not only does she have jet lag, but she has culture shock.

The Brown Buffalo

« Reply #691 on: September 16, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »
Io & Mio are in Mexico.

I may be misinterpreting the look but Mio looks unhappy.  Io on the other hand, looks adorable.

Offline kudofanatic

• Sun? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 16, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »
Just hope they don't drink the water...Montezuma's Revenge *give

Never been to Mexico but heard "horror" stories about drinking their water! Same for Ayumi Kurihara!!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs153.snc4/36997_1499846226227_1536320446_31219549_1866481_n.jpg

MEGUMI KUDO - "Evil Princess" & "Extreme Queen"

KANA - "Joshi Queen of STIFFNESS"

MANAMI TOYOTA - "The Legend"

TRIPLE TAILS - "Joshi's version of the Triple Threat"

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 16, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »
Just hope they don't drink the water...Montezuma's Revenge *give

Never been to Mexico but heard "horror" stories about drinking their water! Same for Ayumi Kurihara!!

Ayumi said she actually knew about the water thing and made sure to not get ice cubes in her drinks and brushed her teeth with bottled water.

She wrote on her blog that it was meat she ate that made her sick.

ACCRO

« Reply #694 on: September 21, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »
Update on the DVD:
Kenny is having problems getting hold of a tape of the show.  Most of the reasons being, he is foreign and isn't a permanent resident of Japan.  He's going to try asking other people on the roster if they can get a copy.
I wanted to send a quick update to say that I haven't forgotten about that DVD.
I should have explained this earlier, but of course, to get it, I have to be in Japan. Right now, I'm back in Canada so I can't do too much on my end.
The good news is that I have Nakazawa on the case and hopefully by next week, I'll have good news to share.
Please be patient!

I don't know what Mio is drinking in that picture, but it looks ridiculously tasty.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:17:23 PM by ACCRO »

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 24, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »

Apparently Mio & Io are in Mexico City, not out in AAA with Hailey Hatred. Hailey is booked in Japan.

They've been vacationing and doing some practice...they did come in contact with Ayumi and RINGSTARS in Mexico according to all their blogs.

ACCRO

« Reply #696 on: September 28, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »
Another quick update with Omega, he's going to Japan soon for some DDT taping (And I guess a short tour with other promotions) and might be able to get his hands on the DVD then.  I'm not sure how well the deal with Nakazawa went, but I'm guessing "Not too well"

If he can pull this off you should all buy Kenny Omega merch, I know I sure am.  I'll add it to my collection of Kota Ibushi T-Shirts I never get the chance to wear, since there's no decent independent wrestling in West Virginia.

Offline 孤星

• Good friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 28, 2010, 09:36:49 PM »
Io & Mio are in Mexico.

Io posted it was a long 17 hour flight, and it's Mexican Independence Day so many stores and restaurants are closed. She also said that because of the partying "...public order is at it's worst" and there are throngs of people in the street.

She also said not only does she have jet lag, but she has culture shock.

Mexico knows how to get down.

SWIFT made this.

Offline Coffee

• View Profile
    • channel kapengmabula
« Reply #698 on: September 29, 2010, 03:45:33 AM »

TORTILLA!!!
muy bien

looks like coffee to me ... with sprinkled crushed coffee beans (i maybe wrong)

Offline luckycleareyes

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 03, 2010, 09:46:22 PM »
Little catch-up with the Shirai Shimai. They don't do much blog updating and Io will fire off a few tweets every few days with a little information.

She did have a good story on the blog recently. Takashi Sugiura from NOAH came down to Mexico, I'm guessing for a show, I don't know haven't followed much NOAH lately. He had a handler, camera crew and excess hangers-on with him.

So Sugiura's in Mexico, the Shirais are in Mexico and they're Japanese so they go out drinking. So they're drinking in the bar and a quarrel breaks out. According to Io "20 cops" ran into the place and somebody pulled a gun (I don't get what she's saying, she keeps refering to I think the perp as "Anchan"..)

Regardless, the second she saw the guns come out, she said she jumped behind Sugiura and "...pretended to be invsibile."

"Sugiura-san, sarigenaku tate nishite sumimasen deshita."

That is "Mr. Sugiura, I'm sorry for so casually making you a human shield."

She said Sugiura himself was a little shell shocked from the cops and guns, and only 10 minutes later exclaimed:

"Mekishiko saiko-------!!!!!!"

(Mexico is crazy!!!!!!)

Here's a pic of him after the incident:

She said it's funny because in Japan there really would be no way she'd get to meet a Pro Wrestling NOAH wrestler, but in Mexico they'll go out drinking easy.

(I guess Io doesn't know that Pro Wrestlers can come-and-go at Korakuen Hall no problem.)

"It was a great memory!"

Also, her and Mio did their first AAA try out against the Apache Sisters. The AAA President watched their match, and she says though they lost the match she thinks the President thought they were good.

She added that WEEKLY PRO sent a reporter to cover it, so there should be some print about it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:55:44 PM by luckycleareyes »